As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's time for a REAL [Superhero] Movie!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    I just love listening to Max Landis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh right, the x-men phalanx guy is named warlock.

(all I know about him is from his team up with the adam warlock)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Waid's Daredevil is so good and it kinda feels like it's almost never talked about!

I do my best, dang it.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I just love listening to Max Landis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RWMc-EdDRY

His bit on the nerdiest podcast where he pitched the movie is pretty fun.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Dan Ackroyd is talking about turning Ghostbusters into a big movie franchise like Star Wars is to Disney, or X-men is to Fox, and I think it might be time we as a society get together and tell him it's finally time to move on.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Aww yes Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance is on tv

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Dan Ackroyd is talking about turning Ghostbusters into a big movie franchise like Star Wars is to Disney, or X-men is to Fox, and I think it might be time we as a society get together and tell him it's finally time to move on.

pxsG1ND.png

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I think Dan Aykroyd has been drinking too much of that mystical Crystal Head Vodka

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Max Landis is insufferable

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Ghost+Rider+Spirit+of+Vengeance+8.jpg

<3

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    I loved Spirit of Vengence.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    rCvCkJA.jpg?2

• Options
    I hope that isn't the actually Superior Iron Man logo

Cause man that clashes with the whole sleek iStark style he's rocking now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Pretty sure it's just being used there as a callback to the actual Demon In A Bottle issue

• Options
    I'm pretty sure it's just supposed to be a homage to the Demon in a bottle cover.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Spirit of Vengence should have had a bigger budget. The insanity of the first half was great but they clearly ran out of money during the second half.

• Options
    Blank I'm pretty sure

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    You're probably right but Thor and All-New Cap got retro style logos so who knows

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    3074845-iron+man+%23128+-+page+1.jpg

Jesus christ, Tony, lay off the meth for a bit

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Max Landis is insufferable

At first I thought he was kinda cool. Now whenever I hear him saying stuff or reading something he wrote, I find myself going "ugh."

• Options
    I would pay good money for a Spirit of Vengeance version without the flaming skull CGI. Just pure uncut Cage

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    EXCLUSIVE ART: Newcomer German Peralta brings Spears' "AXIS: Carnage" story to life

I love horror films, especially older ones from the 70's and 80's. I love humor, too but I'm wouldn't say I'm totally a straight humor guy. I just enjoy pushing a situation to where it gets really awkward and uncomfortable and you have to laugh as almost a safety mechanism.

What I'm doing with " AXIS: Carnage" is mainly a superhero story that finds its humor in the fact that while Carnage is "inverted" now, and trying to be a hero, he's still a total psychopath. He wants to be a good guy, but has no idea how to do that.

I'm totally a fan. I love that Carnage is a true psychopath. He's really out there in terms of the extreme. It was fun to play with how that would work now that he's inverted.

He lacks the core compassion a hero needs to empathize with people. He's sort of "chaotic good," if you will. So even when he's trying his best to be a good guy, he's prone to making some seriously bad -- and possibly fatal -- mistakes.

We open with him trying to be a hero and failing pretty miserably at it so he kidnaps er -- enlists some help from Alice, a TV reporter who he thinks is a good person and who can show him how to act like a hero

Man am

Am I really gonna get a Carnage series

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    So that was the first time I've seen Spirit of Vengeance
    Oh my good lord that earth extractor..oh my god. "He's not is he? He is! Oh fuck yes!" may be verbatim.
    Pure uncut Cage sounds like it should be the title of box set.

I'd buy that box set.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    EXCLUSIVE ART: Newcomer German Peralta brings Spears' "AXIS: Carnage" story to life

I love horror films, especially older ones from the 70's and 80's. I love humor, too but I'm wouldn't say I'm totally a straight humor guy. I just enjoy pushing a situation to where it gets really awkward and uncomfortable and you have to laugh as almost a safety mechanism.

What I'm doing with " AXIS: Carnage" is mainly a superhero story that finds its humor in the fact that while Carnage is "inverted" now, and trying to be a hero, he's still a total psychopath. He wants to be a good guy, but has no idea how to do that.

I'm totally a fan. I love that Carnage is a true psychopath. He's really out there in terms of the extreme. It was fun to play with how that would work now that he's inverted.

He lacks the core compassion a hero needs to empathize with people. He's sort of "chaotic good," if you will. So even when he's trying his best to be a good guy, he's prone to making some seriously bad -- and possibly fatal -- mistakes.

We open with him trying to be a hero and failing pretty miserably at it so he kidnaps er -- enlists some help from Alice, a TV reporter who he thinks is a good person and who can show him how to act like a hero

Man am

so it's just Deadpool then?

• Options
    Well, Deadpool is now Zenpool sooooo

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The owner of the comic shop told me while I was picking up the Gwen Stacey Spiderwoman issue today that it's been flying off the shelf

He had like 2 left

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    *SLAMS HANDS ON DESK*

Why aren't you reading More Than Meets the Eye. You. Yes you. The person reading this post on the internet. Why aren't you doing that thing.

The latest issue has one of the finest final panels I've ever seen in the comic book, and it came after a thoroughly incredible resolution to a story arc that itself was weaved from the narrative starting with issue #1. Give it a go. You'll be glad you did.

I'm really sad that the bookstore I go to doesn't stock its trades, while having a countless number of movie tie in comics (although those seem to have been sitting there for many, many years).

• Options
    MikeLL wrote: »

Man am

Naaaaah

Deadpool isn't a psycho, although he has issues, and he knows how to be a hero he is just usually bad at it

I mean in his series right now he has a stable, friendly, supporting cast, a daughter and has been heroic for quite a long time

Carnage being still totally bonkers and not having any idea of how to be a hero to the point of literally kidnapping someone and going HEY TELL ME HOW TO NOT DO BAD THINGS, SUCH AS KIDNAPPING is way different

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I love the swerve Hickman took in Time Runs Out with The Avengers, who had been THE BEST GOOD GUYS 100% BOO ILLUMINATI the entire run so far slipping down their own downward spiral
    The Avengers being a military unit is pretty fucked up and Sue was pretty brutal and ruthless towards Amadeus Cho.

No Civil War "Here are the good guys and here are the fascists" stuff here

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Man am

Naaaaah

Deadpool isn't a psycho, although he has issues, and he knows how to be a hero he is just usually bad at it

I mean in his series right now he has a stable, friendly, supporting cast, a daughter and has been heroic for quite a long time

Carnage being still totally bonkers and not having any idea of how to be a hero to the point of literally kidnapping someone and going HEY TELL ME HOW TO NOT DO BAD THINGS, SUCH AS KIDNAPPING is way different

Blind Al

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Man am

Naaaaah

Blind Al

Yes, that was 15 years ago

Deadpool hasn't been like that in a very long time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Fair point! Although I'd argue that version of Deadpool doesn't really exist anymore, he's kinda figured his shit out. Somewhat.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm not digging the 8 months later thing so far. Without seeing a lot of the stuff that went on, most of the character beats feel.. unearned, maybe? It's almost like the entire book is a What If. It's so far from where we started and so disconnected from linearity that I caught myself thinking "I wonder how long until all this gets retconned or time traveled or whatever away." more than once. Hopefully that'll change as the rest of the universe catches up, holes get filled in and we see the Illuminati's half of the equation.

• Options
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the "Wait what the fuck how did that happen" feeling of TRO is intended. Hickman had his schedule and clearly didn't want an extra 8 months of Avengers stories to write for whatever reasons he has so this lets him set up his endgame while stuff such as Axis shakes up the universe in ways that set up the crazy 8 Months Later MU we're seeing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Avengers #35
    I hope Hickman makes good use of Captain Britain.

I really wonder what the Illuminati have been up to. Do they know about the Cabal? It seems like the Avengers don't.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Man am

Naaaaah

Blind Al

Yes, that was 15 years ago

Deadpool hasn't been like that in a very long time

In my defense I haven't read a lot of Deadpool comics since then because they have been mostly a fucking tragedy

• Options
    Avengers #35
    I hope Hickman makes good use of Captain Britain.

I really wonder what the Illuminati have been up to. Do they know about the Cabal? It seems like the Avengers don't.
    I'm guessing
    They've been a lot more heroic in the 8 months, trying to solve the incursion problem, fighting off the Cabal, maybe tangling with those alt universe Builder invaders Starbrand found. Meanwhile the Avengers largely disbanded because SHIELD took over and they're more obsessed with finding Tony than stoppingthe incursions.

It lets Hickman somewhat redeem their arc and keeps the Avengers from being the perfect good guys

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Current Deadpool is gooooooood. From last issue:
    Vycsl9g.jpg

D'awwww

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/17/new-animated-justice-league-digital-series-in-the-works
    A new digital three-part animated Justice League series is in the works from DC Entertainment, Warner Bros., and Machinima.

Variety reports that Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles will hit in spring of 2015 and will “revolve around a newly conceived reality in the DC Universe where Justice League members Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are much darker versions of the Super Heroes that people think they know.”

Every Warner Bros superhero adaptation is going to be "darker versions than you think you know" until they're just 120 minutes of a completely black screen

• Options
    Oh god dammit I was excited for that one

What the hell Bruce Timm

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.