Options

No one expects the [Dragon Age: Inquisition]

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    It's not that hard

Uh, if you have four separate playthrough spanning the last 5 years, it actually is a little bit of a challenge to keep them straight.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Beware that the default state sucks. You have to drag dragon age kicking and screaming to be a not total shit political and narrative landscape

kind of like ME2 then

exactly

• Options
    Since I can't remember can someone give me a quick list of which of the Keep choices I should select for the pretty well off world starting out?

watch the videooooooooo

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Since I can't remember can someone give me a quick list of which of the Keep choices I should select for the pretty well off world starting out?

watch the videooooooooo

@timspork's ghost‌ In case you didn't see it before: http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-keep-guide/

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Dammit

I updated to the DA3 specific nvidia drivers and I keep having frame rate stutters

This is extremely frustrating because it happens all the time consistently every 30 seconds to a minute and fucks with every aspect of gameplay.

It doesn't happen in any other game and I don't know what is causing it

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Bioware and Nvidia have not gotten along for the last 6weeks or so. Nvidia keeps putting out new drivers, but my DA 2 has been proper fucked for about that long, and if they used any of that tech in Inquisition's engine, well....

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Inquisition is running on the Frostbite engine

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Dammit

I updated to the DA3 specific nvidia drivers and I keep having frame rate stutters

This is extremely frustrating because it happens all the time consistently every 30 seconds to a minute and fucks with every aspect of gameplay.

Did you try that power option thing vsove mentioned earlier?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm just hoping that a magical patch will drop that lets my shitty dual core processor work with the game

someone has made a super generous offer to send me their old rig, which would save me a lot of pain in the long run

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Whoops. I tripped and fell on my keyboard and now I own this.

This character editor is so much better than everything else Bioware has done. Bravo.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    ah what I just found out I fucked up my keep file and anders is alive

• Options
    but you know what? maybe that means I can find him and kill him again

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

But what if you can't?

Is that a chance you're willing to take?

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Dammit

Did you try that power option thing vsove mentioned earlier?

Yeah. Mine was already set to off.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Always
    Be
    Killing
    Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    If you're using a Kepler nVidia card, this seems to be the issue.

I've pinged our live team to see if they know of any workarounds.

At the moment, they're waiting on nVidia, but it's definitely a high priority item.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    That's awesome Dubh!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Gunna keep playing for a while, see if I can stand it. If not, it isn't as thought the game will be going anywhere and I have wow to play as well while waiting on a fix.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    @vsove‌ Looks like some people (including myself) are getting this error:

wcNeeyv.jpg

I'm assuming Bioware has probably already gotten reports, but I'm just wondering if this is related to the Kepler issues.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    It's not that hard

Uh, if you have four separate playthrough spanning the last 5 years, it actually is a little bit of a challenge to keep them straight.

The keep spells out each choice

If you remember the type of character or play through you were going for its really not that tough

I played the game twice in the year it came out and haven't touched it sense and I remembered most everything

You can also watch that video if you need a refresher

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also, I totally got faked out by one of Vivienne's dialogue options.
    When you first meet her, there's a heart option you can pick. I assumed that meant I could romance her. I initially was going to go for Sera, but Vivienne seemed pretty cool, so I didn't pick the first heart dialogue option I got for Sera.

Turns out you can't romance Vivienne, though.

Whoops.

That said, I haven't met Blackwell or Iron Bull yet, so we'll see if I end up going with Sera. And Cullen is very pretty...

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    @vsove‌ Looks like some people (including myself) are getting this error:

wcNeeyv.jpg

I'm assuming Bioware has probably already gotten reports, but I'm just wondering if this is related to the Kepler issues.

Yep, that's the one.

It's a high priority issue as it seems to be affecting a not-inconsiderable number of people - it was a very rare bug to repro internally (despite us all having Kepler cards) but it seems much more common out in the wild. If I find anything else out I'll let you all know.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I replayed most of DA:O, this past week, but never got to replay DA:2. I kind of wish I had, because they're clearly referencing things that happened in the past games.

I've only just got a little past the tutorial, spoilers for that -
    I love that the game starts in Haven. Which I wouldn't have remembered what Haven was if I hadn't just replayed the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest in DA:O

If I had more time I would really finish DAO and do a Hawke run as well. I wish I could take the week off for this game, or even a day off.

Cambiata on
    Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

But what if you can't?

Is that a chance you're willing to take?

well I'm a few hours deep and I don't want to go back

in my heart, he's dead, because I watched him die, but w/e

• Options
    When you first meet her, there's a heart option you can pick. I assumed that meant I could romance her. I initially was going to go for Sera, but Vivienne seemed pretty cool, so I didn't pick the first heart dialogue option I got for Sera.

Whoops.

That said, I haven't met Blackwell or Iron Bull yet, so we'll see if I end up going with Sera. And Cullen is very pretty...

I like the war council ambassador lady right now, but no idea if she's romanceable

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I did the first quest where you meet Sera

I don't know what it is, but she instantly annoys me about 10x more than Merrill did.

Elves still the worst 2014

• Options
    ohhhhh cool inquisition perks are super neat

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    @vsove‌

if there's any news about this possibly being rigged with dual cores, I would love to know

I know I'm not the only poor jerk with a dual core who wants to play this

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    YAY SHE IS

• Options
    vsove wrote: »
    vsove‌ Looks like some people (including myself) are getting this error:

wcNeeyv.jpg

Yep, that's the one.

It's a high priority issue as it seems to be affecting a not-inconsiderable number of people - it was a very rare bug to repro internally (despite us all having Kepler cards) but it seems much more common out in the wild. If I find anything else out I'll let you all know.

Yeah, I can see why it would be difficult to repro.

It seems to happen completely randomly (or at least for reasons that aren't discernible through common sense). The first time I got hit by it, I was exploring the Hinterlands. This time? In a conversation with Vivienne in Haven.

I am really enjoying the single-player so far, though. Haven't dipped into the multi, yet, since I'm too hooked on the storyline.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    @vsove‌

if there's any news about this possibly being rigged with dual cores, I would love to know

I know I'm not the only poor jerk with a dual core who wants to play this

It's something they're aware of - unfortunately it's under several other items, since the req is 'quad core'.

However, the req for DA2 was dual core and it was eventually patched to work with single core, so it will definitely get looked at.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I made it through the tutorial and decided I don't like the look of my character... Back to the drawing board!

• Options
    thanks, vsove

I'm seeing a couple of reports online of folk running with the dual core already, so there's definitely hope

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    what is a kepler nvidia card

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Whoops.

I like the war council ambassador lady right now, but no idea if she's romanceable

Yes, she is.

She's pretty neat, too.

I think this is the first time in a Bioware game where I can't decide who to flirt with.

Maybe I'll just flirt with everyone.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    what is a kepler nvidia card

600-700? A few others I think.

Suggestion from official boards, I haven't tried this but might be worthwhile:

DXGI DEVICE HUNG seems to be gone after installing Direct X from the game folder : "G:\Origin\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist"

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Always
    Be
    Flirting

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I made it through the tutorial and decided I don't like the look of my character... Back to the drawing board!

I spent something like 2 hrs last night just on character creation, creating characters and then scrapping them after playing a bit of the tutorial.

I ultimately went with one of the elf presets.

I wanted to start with a fem Qunari, but the ultra hip-sway gait is weirding me out.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Re: Dual-core issue, it seems that if your music doesn't disappear after 10 seconds, it eventually loads, but there are two bugs that look very similar.

Apologies, I'm swamped with other work today so my ability to provide live support isn't as good as it should be.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    fucking templars, I swear to god

This discussion has been closed.