Options

No one expects the [Dragon Age: Inquisition]

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    It's not that hard

Uh, if you have four separate playthrough spanning the last 5 years, it actually is a little bit of a challenge to keep them straight.

The keep spells out each choice

If you remember the type of character or play through you were going for its really not that tough

I played the game twice in the year it came out and haven't touched it sense and I remembered most everything

You can also watch that video if you need a refresher

I am not going to sit here and argue with you over whether or not my memory is any good, Chincy. I much would have preferred to import.

If you don't remember what choices you made

Why would the game remembering them have any impact on you

"hey remember me you saved my son"

....nope sorry

Because I'm a completionist?

Man, for a guy who sure gets his shit in a bind because people harp on him for his esoteric preferences, you sure pull a lot of the same shit whenever you disagree with somebody's opinion.

Pot, kettle, black all around, I guess.

Oh or you could get upset at me for asking a question that's cool too

What can I say, I wasn't expecting the Dragon Age: Inquisition.

ASAA3Q1.jpg

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    im a family guy!!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Is it just me, or are a lot of the hairstyle choices in DA:I totally 80s hair? Or is it that 80s hair is back in style and I'm too old to notice?

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I just wish you could pick your previous story choices in the actual game at the beginning and not have to use Origin.

I think ME2 let you do this and it worked just fine.

ME2 did this in the absolute barest, most surface level sense.

If you didn't import, it still set up maybe the worst possible default set of choices for all the major decisions.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    What are the beard options like

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are a lot of the hairstyle choices in DA:I totally 80s hair? Or is it that 80s hair is back in style and I'm too old to notice?

Mohawks are timeless

• Options
    why isn't it Friday yet

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Sounds like you should just use a VPN to unlock it!

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Mohawks are timeless

I'm not just talking mohawks, though, I'm talking about the David Bowie pompadour (complete with bleach-blonde hair on one of the fem human presets).

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    The hair is pretty bad.

• Options
    Sounds like you should just use a VPN to unlock it!

A whosit with the what now

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    The hair is pretty bad.

I assume you are using 'bad' in the 80s sense.

What one might call "the shit" using modern parlance.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The one thing I've always hated about Bioware character creators (and to be fair, a lot of character creators do this) is that they use a slider for selecting hair.

I MUCH prefer the method I see used in the MMOs I've played where you have preview thumbnails to choose from, so you can see what hair style it is before you choose it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

Mohawks are timeless

I'm not just talking mohawks, though, I'm talking about the David Bowie pompadour (complete with bleach-blonde hair on one of the fem human presets).

Oh, I haven't seen that because that is not an option for Qunari characters

But...David Bowie is also timeless

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »
    Cullen is so pretty though.

Oh my goodness is he ever. I'm one of those weirdos who has been on the Cullen train since Origins. Super looking forward to seeing more of him in this one.

Does that make one a weirdo? I was always disappointed that the lady Mage origin didn't get to have more fraternizing with Cullen. Though I suppose it would have been contrary to his nature. I'll be happy to see him in this game.

I dunno, that was the impression I got from people. Maybe not?

His role in Origins could have been super creepy or made him just an angryman, but it was done well. He was legitimately conflicted, and it was adorable.

Then he tried to advocate for murdering all the mages, which was less so, but he had just been through a trauma so it's forgivable.

• Options
    edited November 2014
    The hair is pretty bad.

I'm not talking about the styles. They're fine. I just don't think some of them look very good compared to the high level of detail on facial models.

Maximum on
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah i totally am going to do a bowie run of this

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The hair is pretty bad.

I'm not talking about the styles. They're fine. I just don't think it looks very good compared to the high level of detail on facial models.

Yeah, that's always been a problem with Bioware's hair.

Hair just seems to not look very good in single-player games with character creators.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The hair is pretty bad.

I'm not talking about the styles. They're fine. I just don't think some of them look very good compared to the high level of detail on facial models.

Oh. Ok, I agree with you there.

Poor Bioware, they never do seem to get very good with hair.

Still some of the styles are quite cool (the Bowie pompadour is actually great)

• Options
    BioWare needs to have a chat with Bungie about hair, because Destiny hair was fabulous

• Options
    Like, ME2 and 3 probably had the best-looking Bioware hair, but that's because only half of them seemed to be molded out of a decidedly un-hair-like substance (instead of all of them).

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    BioWare needs to have a chat with Bungie about hair, because Destiny hair was fabulous

in a game where you can't even see it 99% of the time!

• Options

FF14 has some really nice hair, too.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Mohawks are timeless

Undercuts, like what Pony has, are totally in right now too.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular

True, but bizarre, since the only place your hair is visible is the Tower, where you can't get the camera close enough to anyone's model to even look at it.

Is there a good video out there showing the character creation options? I'm stuck at work for two and a half more hours...

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i just hate how qunari ladies have 3 hairstyles (i'm assuming men are similarly limited)

yes yes there are all these different horn styles and that's great but have you considered that maybe i want to do something with this stuff on my head

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    It's the thing that made me switch from months of planning on being a Qunari to just being a boring human again.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Shut it off for the day to get some sleep. I'm really digging it so far! I should probably start branching out to the actual plot stuff soon, I think, but I need that guys's horses, sooooo these giant holes in the sky can wait a fucking second

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    What I'm wondering is, now that they have Keep, will they be implementing a way for you to take, say, your DA3 save, and export it to Keep, so you don't have to go through and make all the choices all over again for DA4

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    What I'm wondering is, now that they have Keep, will they be implementing a way for you to take, say, your DA3 save, and export it to Keep, so you don't have to go through and make all the choices all over again for DA4

There is in fact a new section on the tapestry for Inquisition that isn't active yet

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

it automatically uploads to the keep if you have your origin logins and stuff sorted out

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Unfortunately, the DirectX install trick didn't work for me. Crashed after 20 minutes. The fastest crash so far.

I was just finishing up the conversation that gets Iron Bull into my party, too!

Oh well, the autosaves in this game are frequent, so at least I didn't lose much progress. I think I'll take a break from DA:I for a bit and play something else. Hopefully a patch will get released soon.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    This was running like a real dog for me, and then it crashed.

Think, rather than waiting on a patch, I'm gonna hit Origin's game guarantee refund thing and head down to the store and grab a PS4 copy for now and probably grab it on PC later on down the line.

Not the most fiscally responsible decision, since I've basically committed to buying it twice, but I really want to play this now and my brief time with the game before it crashed had me reaching for my controller anyway.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I fell asleep halfway through the prologue but I don't think it was the game's fault`

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Been grouped with a fair number of jerks in multiplayer now, but mostly decent/silent people. Par for the multiplayer course confirmed.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I started playing. Made a human lady archer. Running towards the rift I see a side area that looks like I can jump up to. I do so and find money and stuff to pick up. Oh no... Oh nooo.... Now I have to look EVERYWHERE.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I got to the brood mother in Origins and near the end of the fight the game crashed. Irritating.

But hey, turns out the same guy who made the save editor for Mass Effect also made a save generator for DA2. So I've just clicked a load of buttons and produced the save I wanted to import into DA2.

I really wish I could actually complete Origins. I want to do all the decisions and story stuff. But I am having literally zero fun with the combat and there's so fucking much of it. I just can't face another ten hours of this.

• Options
    I started playing. Made a human lady archer. Running towards the rift I see a side area that looks like I can jump up to. I do so and find money and stuff to pick up. Oh no... Oh nooo.... Now I have to look EVERYWHERE.

If you click in the left stick, it'll do a ping of your surroundings and notify you if there's stuff to pick up

• Options
    I've been trying a two-handed warrior, but I think I'ma start over again and go mage this time around.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Boot up Dragon Age 2
    Start new game
    Sit through intro cutscene
    Exit game
    Go to Nexus
    Download and install Bearded Varric mod
    Boot up Dragon Age 2 again
    Okay, let's do this.

This discussion has been closed.