Options

No one expects the [Dragon Age: Inquisition]

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    It's not that hard

Uh, if you have four separate playthrough spanning the last 5 years, it actually is a little bit of a challenge to keep them straight.

The keep spells out each choice

If you remember the type of character or play through you were going for its really not that tough

I played the game twice in the year it came out and haven't touched it sense and I remembered most everything

You can also watch that video if you need a refresher

I am not going to sit here and argue with you over whether or not my memory is any good, Chincy. I much would have preferred to import.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    One of these times I want to do a run where I side with the templars. I just can never bring myself to actually do it.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    One of these times I want to do a run where I side with the templars. I just can never bring myself to actually do it.

When doing keep choices, every time templars came up I just said, "fuck templars"

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

I mean, Anders is pretty terrible, but I don't think he's quite terrible enough to justify genocide.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    vsove wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    what is a kepler nvidia card

600-700? A few others I think.

Suggestion from official boards, I haven't tried this but might be worthwhile:

DXGI DEVICE HUNG seems to be gone after installing Direct X from the game folder : "G:\Origin\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist"

huh, I have two GTX 770s and I haven't noticed an issue during the tutorial, but I haven't played much.

Langly on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    It's not that hard

Uh, if you have four separate playthrough spanning the last 5 years, it actually is a little bit of a challenge to keep them straight.

If you remember the type of character or play through you were going for its really not that tough

I played the game twice in the year it came out and haven't touched it sense and I remembered most everything

I am not going to sit here and argue with you over whether or not my memory is any good, Chincy. I much would have preferred to import.

If you don't remember what choices you made

Why would the game remembering them have any impact on you

"hey remember me you saved my son"

....nope sorry

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

DXGI DEVICE HUNG seems to be gone after installing Direct X from the game folder : "G:\Origin\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist"

huh, I have two GTC 770s and I haven't noticed an issue during the tutorial, but I haven't played much.

It's not an issue that seems to occur with any regularity. Yesterday, I got hit by it about an hour in. Then I started again and didn't get hit by it at all even after three hours of playing.

Today I got hit by the error after an hour and a half of play.

So it's possible that some people will just get lucky and either never encounter it or encounter it very, very rarely.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    It's not that hard

....nope sorry

Because I'm a completionist?

Man, for a guy who sure gets his shit in a bind because people harp on him for his esoteric preferences, you sure pull a lot of the same shit whenever you disagree with somebody's opinion.

Pot, kettle, black all around, I guess.

• Options
    Not trying to start an argument saru

Just confused

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    In other news, I bought this. Hopefully my PS4 will start downloading it now so it will be closer to ready when I get home.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    It's not that hard

....nope sorry

Man, for a guy who sure gets his shit in a bind because people harp on him for his esoteric preferences, you sure pull a lot of the same shit whenever you disagree with somebody's opinion.

Oh or you could get upset at me for asking a question that's cool too

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    This game is gorgeous, holy shit.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    I always choose the special context choices, so I flirt with everyone. Well, except I didn't flirt with Cullen. He may be pretty, but he won't shut up about the Damn Templars. SO yeah, lady mage Qunari getting her game on.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Chincy, even if Saru doesn't remember the choices he made in his various DA:O and 2 playthroughs, he'd still notice the differences in his DA:I playthroughs.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Cullen is so pretty though.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So I made the right choice, and Sera and Vivienne are definitely in my party for keeps. This is going to be hilarious.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    geez, multiplayer is rough. Haven't been able to complete a single mission yet, usually been wiping on the last wave. Thank god it gives you experience and gold for partial completion.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Chincy, even if Saru doesn't remember the choices he made in his various DA:O and 2 playthroughs, he'd still notice the differences in his DA:I playthroughs.

I guess that's true

I just am not sure what the impact is on you as a player

Like you would have these different world states but you don't know what you did to cause them

For me I'd feel detached

It's why I'm playing through DA2 again even though I don't real.y like it

I could just plug some answers in but it wouldn't feel earned

Anyway I was just curious

Apparently curiosity is hostile now

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Everyone knows the real completionists replayed both DAO and DA2 before Inquisition came out.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Also, I am just going for all the companions before completing any more sections. I am still debating Cassandra's place in my lineup, but man, I like her as the straight woman.

Also Also, I really hop my problem with multi so far has not been my internet. Played some ME3 last weekend, and the performance was dreadful, which has made me worried.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    So when I went through the Keep I apparently remember way more than I thought.

• Options

Yeah I found the way it was laid out really helped bring that stuff back

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I know some people have legitimate complaints against the keep versus uploading previous saves, but I much prefer the keep method.

There was/is something heartbreaking about seeing Warden Alistair in DA2 and him acting as though my Warden were dead, when she isn't. Just a messed up flag somewhere, and it doesn't happen every time, but that kind of thing happens often enough that I prefer the control of telling the game what choices I made.

Added bonus is that I don't have to replay anything to get my "correct choices" in a save file.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

I think BF4 had a similar issue. Something about how Origin doesn't run the DX runtime installer correctly. You'd think they would have fixed that.

• Options

Yeah I found the way it was laid out really helped bring that stuff back

Also i really don't think I ever finished 2 but when it uploaded it had me listed with all the achievements?

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I know some people have legitimate complaints against the keep versus uploading previous saves, but I much prefer the keep method.

There was/is something heartbreaking about seeing Warden Alistair in DA2 and him acting as though my Warden were dead, when she isn't. Just a messed up flag somewhere, and it doesn't happen every time, but that kind of thing happens often enough that I prefer the control of telling the game what choices I made.

Added bonus is that I don't have to replay anything to get my "correct choices" in a save file.

I would be totally fine with a Keep style thing to set up the universe in the next Mass Effect if they don't import saves for whatever reason.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I really like the little war council meetings you get to have in this

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Re: Dual-core issue, it seems that if your music doesn't disappear after 10 seconds, it eventually loads, but there are two bugs that look very similar.

Apologies, I'm swamped with other work today so my ability to provide live support isn't as good as it should be.

It is super rad of you to be hanging out in here trying to help in the first place

Anyway I'm also running a 760, so we'll see what happens when I fire this up in a bit

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Also, I'd be okay with never directly importing saves again if there's always an option where you can go down the list and pick everything.

Sometimes I want to see how some different shit plays out in the later games without replaying the entire previous game over again.

• Options
    I meet the minimums, and meet the recommended for everything but the videocard, where video memory is kinda low

Was kinda worried, but I should be good

• Options
    yurnamehereyurnamehere Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Also, I'd be okay with never directly importing saves again if there's always an option where you can go down the list and pick everything.

Sometimes I want to see how some different shit plays out in the later games without replaying the entire previous game over again.

Honestly, though, why can't we do both?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Shen wrote: »

Oh my goodness is he ever. I'm one of those weirdos who has been on the Cullen train since Origins. Super looking forward to seeing more of him in this one.

• Options

Because they aren't going to dedicate the resources to build both

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

https://www.origin.com/en-us/news/dragon-age-keep-explained
    “The inspiration for the Dragon Age Keep started many years ago," they explain. "For a franchise like Dragon Age, your impact on the world of Thedas is a core part of the experience – driven by the choices you make. And when Dragon Age II shipped, the complex nature of our plot flag system and the save import really hit home.”

This presented a challenge for the team. As the games and choices got more complex, it became harder to import player decisions via a simple save file. There was also another issue: what if someone played the games on different platforms? A new solution was needed, one that would let you fine-tune over 300 choices to establish the nitty-gritty of your Thedas.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »

Oh my goodness is he ever. I'm one of those weirdos who has been on the Cullen train since Origins. Super looking forward to seeing more of him in this one.

Does that make one a weirdo? I was always disappointed that the lady Mage origin didn't get to have more fraternizing with Cullen. Though I suppose it would have been contrary to his nature. I'll be happy to see him in this game.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I just wish you could pick your previous story choices in the actual game at the beginning and not have to use Origin.

I think ME2 let you do this and it worked just fine.

• Options
    I just wish you could pick your previous story choices in the actual game at the beginning and not have to use Origin.

I think ME2 let you do this and it worked just fine.

This I totally

Totally get

One of my biggest gripes with battlefield is I HATE having to manage my shit outside the actual game

• Options
    It's not that hard

....nope sorry

Oh or you could get upset at me for asking a question that's cool too

What can I say, I wasn't expecting the Dragon Age: Inquisition.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    My Inquisitor:
    TNV5mbz.jpg

This discussion has been closed.