Options

PAX Aus official pin announcement(s)

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I might take you up on that offer, pedro

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    Yeah it wasn't free to ship to AUS from East so shipping doesn't seem like a way to balance this. What is a "pin bank"?

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2014
    yeah I would think that the shipping would be equal both ways

edit: I guess I see what you might have meant with shipping now.

person 1: aus
    person 2: us
    person 3: us

person 1: ship to US twice
    person 2: ship to aus once us once
    person 3: ship to aus once us once

person 2 and 3 pay less in shipping than person 1.

that could probably be alleviated somewhat though by having person 1 ship to only one person in the US, and have the US person distribute, and the US people wait and put their stuff together and ship to aus once instead of twice spearately.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    My Prime Pal is from Canada.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Sadly with the way the Order Pin was handed out, there aren't too many of those around.

Really, I'd be happy swapping for anything Australian. If I can take US Pins there and bring Aus Pins back to help circulation on both sides I will be happy. That should at least keep the ebay prices down for a while.

Well, I'll keep an eye out for you at the trading events, assuming you aren't drowned in other people!

• Options
    PedroAsani should sit on the bench with all the staff members at the trading event, or have a seperate line for him alone.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Jake Capps wrote: »
    My Prime Pal is from Canada.
    yeah, I was just sort of talking out an example of how someone could see it isn't even. As you point out not all the cases are the same, so one "rule" doesn't really fit the bill.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Doesn't everyone just send their pinny pal the money to cover shipping back to them?

That's what my group does.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    The Pinglorious Basterds use a complicated DKP(Dragon Killing Points) system where each pin is assigned a value based on rarity(specifically estimated or known print run), difficulty to obtain, a fluctuating average ebay price point and an international vs. domestic shipping constant. Each pin you send to a pin pal adds to your DKP total, and they send you pins in return based on the total DKP debt they have incurred getting you the pins from their assigned home PAX. Any remaining DKP debt can be arranged to be carried over into another PAX, or used on any other pin that either party may need to trade for. Any DKP not utilized within 13 months however is subject to a ten percent interest accrual compounded at each PAX interval. A "PAX interval" is defined as the time period between any two PAX, ex. Sept 2nd - Oct 30th, and so on. Should any member choose to abandon The Pinglorious Basterds with an outstanding balance, they will be hunted down and all of their pins forcibly removed from their home and redistributed amongst the remaining members.

TL;DR, none of this is actually true, we just communicate a lot and come to civil adult agreements, and so far it's been fantastic.

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    yeah I would think that the shipping would be equal both ways

edit: I guess I see what you might have meant with shipping now.

person 1: aus
    person 2: us
    person 3: us

person 1: ship to US twice
    person 2: ship to aus once us once
    person 3: ship to aus once us once

person 2 and 3 pay less in shipping than person 1.

that could probably be alleviated somewhat though by having person 1 ship to only one person in the US, and have the US person distribute, and the US people wait and put their stuff together and ship to aus once instead of twice spearately.

Exactly. Only now add in person 4 (south), and person 1 is paying 3x to the U.S.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Doesn't everyone just send their pinny pal the money to cover shipping back to them?

I think every group handles this stuff differently. For ours, I tend to get all Manics stuff and send it over in one big batch. I'm actually taking his East and Prime Pins in person this year, but that obviously won't happen every year.

• Options

I think every group handles this stuff differently. For ours, I tend to get all Manics stuff and send it over in one big batch. I'm actually taking his East and Prime Pins in person this year, but that obviously won't happen every year.

A years worth of pins? Make sure Manic2k is seated or there's someone there to catch him when he first looks at that glorious pile!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Wonder how hard it's going to be to acquire some of the older/US pins there...those Talent Pipes. Dat Transistor pin. Panda Express!

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Catalase wrote: »
    Wonder how hard it's going to be to acquire some of the older/US pins there...those Talent Pipes. Dat Transistor pin. Panda Express!

I have a spare Panda Express.

• Options
    Really! How might one go about acquiring said pin :)

• Options
    Catalase wrote: »
    Really! How might one go about acquiring said pin :)

Find me at Aus to trade. I'll reserve it until the final day.

• Options
    Done! I'll PM you on the forum and we'll arrange a meet :)

• Options

That seems like a pretty good plan.

• Options
    My group didn't really put much thought into it, and naively thought things would come out "even". I'm sure I jacked mine up at East by just getting the pins, and sending them without thinking or asking how this would effect them throughout the year. We are really going to think about our model for 2015, and come up with a plan we are all happy with.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    So am I the only one who has no idea what that bird is in the aus set?
    Is it supposed to be a crow eating Tycho?

• Options
    Magpie maybe? A better pin for a magpie would be Tycho with his eyes gouged out, and the magpie perched on his head, eyes hanging from his mouth.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I thought it looked kind of like a seagull...

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    I am also considering calling the RSPCA - the kangaroo looks mighty stoned :P

• Options
    aleph0aleph0 Registered User regular
    Keeping with the native Australian wildlife theme, a kookaburra maybe?

• Options
    aleph0 wrote: »
    Keeping with the native Australian wildlife theme, a kookaburra maybe?

I really hope that's not what they were going for...while that would be awesome..I'm leaning more towards it being a seagull.

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    I did a google, for australian native birds with orange eyes (because i was also stumped), and i think its an emu they are grey with orange eyes.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    It could be an Australian Kestrel, ooo, or an Osprey! Based on color maybe an Australian Gray Falcon?

• Options
    DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's an emu isn't it? Given that the kangaroo and the emu are on our national emblem...

Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Options
    The emu has a much pointier beak than that though.

• Options
    DegraineDegraine Pinsomniac Victoria, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I thought it was a cassowary. Which is like an emu, only compacted down to about two feet of malicious cunning and hunger for the shins of passersby.

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    Yea the beak isn't right, but i still think its an emu i mean those eyes are pretty specifically orange and the neck is elongated slightly, a case of drawing what you think and not what you see maybe :)

• Options
    I can see it as an emu, but it certainly wasn't my first instinct.

I do love that we're all so hyped for PAX that we're debating this.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Next Monday when @Robert Khoo‌ sees this:

"Mike, the fuck is this thing supposed to be again?..."

• Options
    El_FunkoEl_Funko Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I would assume it's an Emu, since the Kangaroo and Emu are iconic Australian animals.

• Options
    And I think we have the explanation for why there are fewer vendor Pins: http://penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/10/20/pin-quest

Two complete sets of Staff Pins and both new Boss Pins. That's a lot for new people to grab.

• Options
    Nefily wrote: »
    I did a google, for australian native birds with orange eyes (because i was also stumped), and i think its an emu they are grey with orange eyes.
    Duckie wrote: »
    It's an emu isn't it? Given that the kangaroo and the emu are on our national emblem...

Winners.

• Options
    adambargadambarg Forward the Pinglorious Basterds!Registered User regular
    Interesting, no Ben Kutchera on the quest sheet. I wonder if Enforcers will have them to trade, like at Prime.

ChMDm4Y.png
  • Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    And I think we have the explanation for why there are fewer vendor Pins: http://penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/10/20/pin-quest

Two complete sets of Staff Pins and both new Boss Pins. That's a lot for new people to grab.

I agree cause Aus didn't have them.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited October 2014
    adambarg wrote: »
    Interesting, no Ben Kutchera on the quest sheet. I wonder if Enforcers will have them to trade, like at Prime.

I'm pretty sure I remember them saying that they would make sure there were some there for the Aussies so they weren't left out. Whether they will be handed our by the LE enforcers I don't know, but I will have some. Just think of them missing from the quest sheet as an advantage, only the hardcore will know they exist and be out looking for them.

Beker on
    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • Options
    tHvjWuO.png

So I guess Gavin is trading these, but did they actually mean to rename them?

tjP8ru8.png

Are Jeff and Kristin not coming down this year?