Options

kittens with mus[chat]hes

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    douche bag is probably the insult i disagree with most often. it largely seems indiscriminate.

I think it's largely contextual and has multiple meanings depending on that which makes it weird.

There is a guy in my Karate class who introduces himself like "Hi! I'm [name] - nice tits!" to boob'ed folk sometimes

I have heard him described as "douchey" and "kind of a douche". I'd agree with that, from my personal interactions with him.
    However, I find it odd that several things he does which are not inherently douchey become associated with his doucheyness when people describe him. For example, he always wears tank tops, he wears some sort of pelvic bone on a piece of twine around his neck, and he bleaches his hair.
    Now, none of those things are necessarily douchey, but when people describe this guy, then inevitably come up.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    that grindr diary is making me want to try tinder

but i would probably get arrested pretty quickly

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    in my experience probably 30% or more often, hipster = someone better dressed than me, douche bag = someone more gregarious, pretentious = someone saying bright things that make me insecure etc etc

Douchebag has always been either synonymous with "asshole" or shorthand for "aggressive creepy frat-stereotype guy."

yes well cuddly has always meant the same thing but if half the people using the word cuddly are applying it to joseph goebbels,

You don't have to stop reading my alt history slash fic, but please respect my privacy and avoid posting about it here.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    in retrospect- not having met the man i am uncomfortable commenting on goebbel's cuddliness. i am not a qualified commentator.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Cinders - the design of that app is hideous.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

tinder is less fun for guys i suspect

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    in my experience probably 30% or more often, hipster = someone better dressed than me, douche bag = someone more gregarious, pretentious = someone saying bright things that make me insecure etc etc

Douchebag has always been either synonymous with "asshole" or shorthand for "aggressive creepy frat-stereotype guy."

yes well cuddly has always meant the same thing but if half the people using the word cuddly are applying it to joseph goebbels,

How

how do you know how cuddle Nazis are

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    douche bag is probably the insult i disagree with most often. it largely seems indiscriminate.

How do you mean indiscriminate?

not applied rigorously or with any consistency, not measured, not considered- just sort of thrown at the wall with the hopes it will stick

(pretentious is a good analog. that word is overused as fk- it's often used without discernment)

To me, douchebag is reserved for someone who appears better than average, earns more money than average, puffed up and on a high horse while still acting low. You hear 'rich douchebag' more than you hear 'broke douchebag'.

• Options
    Cinders - the design of that app is hideous.

I'm sorry the gay hookup app doesn't meet your standards.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

I think it's largely contextual and has multiple meanings depending on that which makes it weird.

There is a guy in my Karate class who introduces himself like "Hi! I'm [name] - nice tits!" to boob'ed folk sometimes

s-Ubber-Surprised.jpg

• Options
    "hi, nice tits" is beyond "douchebag" and more "total asshole"

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    No gay stuff

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

almost definitely

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    No gay stuff

i have way too much imitation crab meat in my freezer

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    There is a gay hookup app? As distinct from dating?

Regardless, the design is just terrible. They should redo it to not be hideous.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Hey everyone I got drunk today by myself at a Chili's at 3 in the afternoon on domestic beer

I'm an adult

My dad is not a phone

Happy birthday to the ground

• Options

i love you skfm

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    i feel hipsters are pretty benign across the board, but i've never considered them particularly well dressed

there is for sure a certain 'style'

but it's pretty neutral. some people look good in it but others do not

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

come to austin and i will show you what hipster means

Austin Hipsters are adorable, poor, and music loving. They should get hugs for being a uniquely adorable subset of our culture. Yes they use pomade and have record players and shag carpet, who cares, they also say "yes ma'am" and adopt rescue puppies.

I know no one is ragging on Hipsters but I just had to get my foot in that door because that is a hill I will die on.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

You are not the intended audience :P

But also seriously and non-trollingly, I dunno if those two things can be distinguished separately from the intentions of the userbase, really.

• Options

There are apps for everything. Dating has numerous sub-categories for finding partners.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

it's fine

ladies love me

• Options

come to austin and i will show you what hipster means

Austin Hipsters are adorable, poor, and music loving. They should get hugs for being a uniquely adorable subset of our culture. Yes they use pomade and have record players and shag carpet, who cares, they also say "yes ma'am" and adopt rescue puppies.

I know no one is ragging on Hipsters but I just had to get my foot in that door because that is a hill I will die on.

Everyone should get hugs

come on everyone, group hug

*goes to rob a bank while everyone's busy*

• Options

How do you mean indiscriminate?

not applied rigorously or with any consistency, not measured, not considered- just sort of thrown at the wall with the hopes it will stick

(pretentious is a good analog. that word is overused as fk- it's often used without discernment)

To me, douchebag is reserved for someone who appears better than average, earns more money than average, puffed up and on a high horse while still acting low. You hear 'rich douchebag' more than you hear 'broke douchebag'.

i'm not really saying that our generation has failed to arrive at a definition for douchebag- just that we use the word unevenly. without a specific example, sure- i know what a dog is and what a cat is. i can tell you what they are, definitionally. but when shown a cat you'll get all these people saying 'jesus look at this fucking canine sitting here'

(here tho the cat is a human male and the canine is the word douchebag, used whether or not it's accurate)

• Options

it's fine

ladies love me

Do we?

• Options
  • Options
    Scheck?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    wife is watching the news

I hate the news

why is real life so terrible for so many people

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    i feel hipsters are pretty benign across the board, but i've never considered them particularly well dressed

there's a calculated messiness that can range from charmingly haphazard and whimsical to "I assume your house is hoarded"

• Options

i love you skfm

I love me too.

But seriously, it's ugly old ios6 iChat but with a gold interface and, for some reason, a black background. Why would someone do such a thing? Does the creator hate the gay community?

• Options
    Tarranon wrote: »

i guess my thoughts are more accurately reflected by 'better looking'. they take some care with fashion which helps- tho yes, plenty of times the clothes don't look great. but they're also generally not wearing baggy khakis and sporting middle manager goatees. they are fairly good looking people (at least vs a lot of the chubby, angry 30 somethings who constantly mutter 'fucking hipsters')

• Options
    i'm a self-hating fat old tonight

• Options
    i'm a self-hating fat old pikachu tonight

• Options

I hate the news

Auto tune it in real time.

• Options

I hate the news

man, do they still do that? or was hide yo kids a one hit wonder?

• Options

I hate the news

I don't think I'm the person to ask about happenings on the Internet. . .

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

but what if instead of nice tits he said nice delts

i mean

delt compliments are always welcome surely,..

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    a

I hate the news

I don't think I'm the person to ask about happenings on the Internet. . .

wait

are we

where am i?

• Options

i love you skfm

I love me too.

But seriously, it's ugly old ios6 iChat but with a gold interface and, for some reason, a black background. Why would someone do such a thing? Does the creator hate the gay community?

i'm just surprised you've never heard of grindr

• Options

but what if instead of nice tits he said nice delts

i mean

delt compliments are always welcome surely,..

what about nice glutes?

basically, i need to know which muscle groups are OK to compliment an acquaintance on

This discussion has been closed.