As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the Endless Legend Thread and it Always Has Been

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Hm. I think Hitler would probably be more Purity. Maybe Alien Stalin? Need to think of a good war criminal for Supremecy.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    The Conquistadors?

Just use the natives to rip the resources you want out of the ground. It is totally underground here and we will burn as many beautiful civilizations as it takes to find it.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Man Beyond Earth has so many more multiplayer dick moves than Civ 1-5 ever had, it's great, I'm chasing my buddies explorer around with a Miasma Producer , it's gonna die soon, like miasma in every direction and he's down to 20 hps rofl.

He stole one of my crash sites right in the beginning so I've been torturing in every non-war way I can.

But, it's actually about journalism ethics

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    A Firaxis employee made this for the company and is now submitting it for Lego Ideas: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/83016

YDLmkY9.png

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Need two more for a new 8-man game. Ours got ruined by hybrid turns.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Game was scrapped due to firaxis, 2 slots left for a 8 player game

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I tried to install my hard copy of SMAC but apparently it's a real pain in the dick to get working on 64 bit systems so I'll just pay the six bucks for the GOG version

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Going for the contact win in my current game, I am really enjoying how it frees me up to do whatever affinity and tech wise, currently 3 in Purity and Transcendence and 2 in Harmony, mostly vis exploring, really nice to be getting all those early perks.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Just be careful not to be too broad or you might be streamrolled while you still have marines and they're riding organic nightmares to ride you down.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Fair point yeah, the tier 4 units are just insanely strong when compared to regular troops for whatever reason.

Though I am also making sure to make lots of friendships and good trade deals, most of the AI are friendly to me, hoping to go for alliances soon.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    @No Great Name I should be good for a similar time tomorrow, but it may depend on another internet spaceship game.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Up to turn 160ish in a new game

It's a lot more fun once you get past a couple of early game hurdles

Pretty big fan of how passive the other AI generally seems to be. I've only developed soldier units at all so I can finish the quest to kill 10 aliens. Otherwise, it has been entirely me just passing turns and ignoring everyone else except when the time to assign spies rolls around.

I've been stockpiling Wonders this go around, things are going to get interesting once I have enough culture to grab up Monomyth. There's going to be like 7 Wonders in my capital by then.

Haven't really made much progress on the affinity front though. I'm aiming for Purity but got the free road perk from the yellow one just because of how useful that is. Not that money is terribly hard to get in this game, or anything. My Purity is only 2 though. Really need to focus on it but I keep seeing more interesting stuff to research. If one of my AI companions has been mainlining a victory, it's wholly possible I could lose. Not terribly chuffed about it though, in terms of science and production and nearly everything, I am destroying ever other Civ on the map.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Anyone know what setting the age of the planet determines when you make a new game?

Also, this game has a great sound track but I need to mix it up. Any reccomendations on good listening for this game?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I haven't tried it, but my guess is that age of the planet reduces the number of mountains and increases the number of canyons.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Brazil mounts up units on my borders

I spend the next few turns pumping out death robots

"Hey, where did you guys go?"

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    When I talk about the Nevercloned stories, this was the first one that clued me in that something was a bit, well, off.
    6797B2FFDD147241D20B6BD977CCDE287F1100BF

• Options
    Managed to get a Purity win last night, and I don't think I like that win-scenario at all. Once you build the teleporter, you have to spawn in 20 colonists and have them set up shop all around the world.

I was lucky because I was playing on Mercury difficulty, so the AI didn't hate me at all, so they didn't attack my colonists. But if it were a game with real people, it would have been way too easy to kill all of my colonists as I send them out.

Meanwhile, in the Harmony win, you just need to build the wonder and wait. Seems a little off balance.

• Options
    monsterror wrote: »
    Managed to get a Purity win last night, and I don't think I like that win-scenario at all. Once you build the teleporter, you have to spawn in 20 colonists and have them set up shop all around the world.

I was lucky because I was playing on Mercury difficulty, so the AI didn't hate me at all, so they didn't attack my colonists. But if it were a game with real people, it would have been way too easy to kill all of my colonists as I send them out.

Meanwhile, in the Harmony win, you just need to build the wonder and wait. Seems a little off balance.

Yeah, wow. That's crazy.

• Options

I think if you know the the win condition in advance you can cultivate an area where you will build the teleporter, and roads from it and have things all prepped to get the colonists out.

The objective for harmony seems easier but I think there is more research involved to get it.

In other news, I just picked up Dungeon of the Endless which has given me a second set 50% off coupons for Endless Space and its expansion. I definitely don't need both so, let me know if you want them and they are yours.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular

Don't forget, those colonists have one move speed.

• Options
    They have one move speed but move super far and roads/rails. Not entirely sure how roads/rails affect move speed to be honest but as long as they were on roads they seemed to have infinite speed.

• Options
    Roads take so long to build though. Making a roadway for 20 full colonists to each of their respective locations seems nutso

• Options
    edited October 2014
    They take like, 3 turns to build? Just split off a few workers and you can easily build the twelve road tiles you need to set up the colonies while obeying the distance rule.

Inquisitor on
  • Options

This was my first victory and it was not difficult finding space. Built one settlement three spaces away from the teleporter, and the other two along a magrail leading to my second city. I can see how building super dense would make this troublesome, but space should not be that hard to find.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    They take like, 3 turns to build? Just split off a few workers and you can easily build the nine road tiles you need to set up the colonies while obeying the distance rule.

You're probably not doing much with workers by that point, so I suppose so

It has just been frustrating to me in my current game how long it takes for a worker to reach another city with roads. Even a pretty close city is likely to be as much as 8 hexes away, which is a full 24 turns.

I'd kill for a half-time road construction passive.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »

This was my first victory and it was not difficult finding space. Built one settlement three spaces away from the teleporter, and the other two along a magrail leading to my second city. I can see how building super dense would make this troublesome, but space should not be that hard to find.

This was on a small map where (luckily) all the civs were on one continent. I was able to send them off to other islands for the most part, and even ended up building them just outside of the other civ's territories.

In a multiplayer game, though. I would expect people to be attacking the settlements they start once I finally get them to the necessary spots.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    They have one move speed but move super far and roads/rails. Not entirely sure how roads/rails affect move speed to be honest but as long as they were on roads they seemed to have infinite speed.

The problem for me was Open Borders. One unit from another civilization on your road is an impenetrable wall of hate. But there wasn't just one. There was a small migrant force milling around in my territory, not doing anything purposeful -- unwittingly being the largest obstacle to victory that I had faced yet.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Just did the purity victory also. I had plenty of space but I really wish the gate would prompt you every turn before ending because there were a few that I just forgot to summon a dude.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Weird that there is no way to accelerate the number of people you can bring in a turn either. There are two techs to accelerate the Harmony win on the other hand.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    My second game isn't going very well at all. I'm completely surrounded by aliens, miasma, and mountainous choke points that are really holding back expansion and trade routes... but it's still really fun to play out.

If I manage to dig myself out of this infestation and meet a win condition it'll be really satisfying!

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    So when is the mod that makes it so miasma tiles are more prominent coming out? That's the mod I want right now.

I tried to play a game on a fungal planet, and it was near impossible to see miasma.

• Options
    TheStig wrote: »
    Just did the purity victory also. I had plenty of space but I really wish the gate would prompt you every turn before ending because there were a few that I just forgot to summon a dude.

Same for the spies

I've left them sitting without a mission multiple turns on accident

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    space travel thread, you should tune in to the NASA tv stream right now if you wanna catch the rocket launch

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    welp that sure was an explosion

good thing it was just a supply rocket, hope everyone on the ground is okay

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    welp that sure was an explosion

good thing it was just a supply rocket, hope everyone on the ground is okay

Yeah I forgot that was today, just saw your post and tuned in to watch. Geez.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I hope this goes on sale during the steam holiday sale. It's probably too close, but I am allergic to paying full price for games.

• Options
    Yeah, looks like nobody was hurt, that was pretty wild though

Anyways, I have not played a civ game since 3, and never played alpha centauri, if I were to check this out how lost would I be?

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, looks like nobody was hurt, that was pretty wild though

Anyways, I have not played a civ game since 3, and never played alpha centauri, if I were to check this out how lost would I be?

It uses hex tiles and you can't stack military units onto a single tile. If you're okay with that, it's still civ, and it's still pretty great.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png