As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    skeldare wrote: »
    Looks like the Hyrule Warriors preorder custumes are up on the NA eShop for 99 cents each. Also the Ganondorf pack.

Oh man, about time! I was really starting to think Nintendo totally forgot they promised to release them. It seems like the kind of absent-minded thing they would do :P (also damn is that a reasonable price)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Looks like the Hyrule Warriors preorder custumes are up on the NA eShop for 99 cents each. Also the Ganondorf pack.

Oh man, about time! I was really starting to think Nintendo totally forgot they promised to release them. It seems like the kind of absent-minded thing they would do :P (also damn is that a reasonable price)

My personal opinion is that $.99 for an alternate costume is the most reasonable thing ever. Any company that charges more is nuts.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I bet the people who paid outrageous Ebay prices for all the costumes are feeling a bit silly right. And the people who sold their preorder bonuses are feeling rather smug as they pay their 99 cents now.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    I am debating whether it was worth getting the crap physical version for the Skyward Sword costumes early. But it probably was, given how long it took them to release these (Skyward Sword Zelda > all). Also to be fair, I did not expect to absolutely love this game as much as I do :P Gonna be hard to take that disk out...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I've given up on trying to get Darunia's level 3 weapon. He's level 63 and using a 5 Star level 2 weapon and its still just not possible for me. I can do mission 1, capturing the keeps just fine, but then I have to waste time defending the Ally Keep from a morale boosted Zelda and morale boosted Shield Moblins that are so goddamn tough that it wastes all of my time just trying to kill them, and between them and eventually confronting Link I always end up taking just enough damage to earn a silver on damage as well as time.

I'm not coming back to this until I grind him up to level 150.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    I've given up on trying to get Darunia's level 3 weapon. He's level 63 and using a 5 Star level 2 weapon and its still just not possible for me. I can do mission 1, capturing the keeps just fine, but then I have to waste time defending the Ally Keep from a morale boosted Zelda and morale boosted Shield Moblins that are so goddamn tough that it wastes all of my time just trying to kill them, and between them and eventually confronting Link I always end up taking just enough damage to earn a silver on damage as well as time.

I'm not coming back to this until I grind him up to level 150.

Get him to about level 75. I also want to say you *might* be able to ignore Zelda. I can't remember for sure, and I'm sure some of it is based on luck. But pretty much as long as she isn't ransacking your base keep, I think you can work around her.

• Options
    Another option is to use your over-leveled character of choice via co-op mode. Find a nice hiding place to tuck Darunia in and complete the map with the other character. It helps to have someone controlling the non-used character in case random enemies stumble upon them.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    I didn't even know you could do that. I'll give that a try.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    You could also craft the tool potion that lets you spam the bow and arrow upgrade for the entire level. That helped me get Ruto's final weapon.

• Options
    I did that for Rutos level 3 weapon as well.

• Options
    You kids and your tool potions... Back in my day we had to walk 3 miles, uphill, in the snow to unlock level 3 weapons!

• Options
    How the hell did people find out about the Gold Skulltulas without guides? Like the "Kill Volga within 3 minutes" one.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    How the hell did people find out about the Gold Skulltulas without guides? Like the "Kill Volga within 3 minutes" one.

It tells you what you need to do (somewhat vaguely) in the menu.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I've almost got all the Skulltula in the first adventure mode map. Whew, what a grind.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I've almost got all the Skulltula in the first adventure mode map. Whew, what a grind.

Almost all? How did a scrub like you become a tester on the game?

:P

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Imagine playing HW 40/week. Now imagine going home and playing more "for fun." The grind isn't getting the Skulltula, it's playing more in the off-time. :D

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Imagine playing HW 40/week. Now imagine going home and playing more "for fun." The grind isn't getting the Skulltula, it's playing more in the off-time. :D

Oh sure, pile up the excuses. I'm calling Reggie right now.

• Options

It does?! I thought it only told you the weapon required.

• Options

Go ahead, I'll just tell him to ignore you at our weekly Mario Golf event. Well, I might wait until after we played a few rounds of Smash and Kart first.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

It does?! I thought it only told you the weapon required.

It's under Warrior Info IIRC.

Go ahead, I'll just tell him to ignore you at our weekly Mario Golf event. Well, I might wait until after we played a few rounds of Smash and Kart first.

Alright Dover, you win this round.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I think I would get annoyed with the constant "my body is ready" jokes. Like more than I already am.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    This thought just occurred to me.

We get Zelda U this year.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular

We get Zelda U Majora's Mask 3d this year coming season.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I love when we have 2 Zelda games in one year.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Whelp, got sucked back into Hyrule Warriors after not playing for awhile :p That co-op thing is incredible. I had one of the challenges where I had to beat the trivia quiz w/ Darunia, but the second room is Wizzro/Volga and I would always lose half my life bar in there. Switched to Link and put Darunia as player 2, easy peesie. The sucky thing is you do need to move player 2 into those rooms before the event will start, but it seemed like most of the enemies were ignoring him if he just stood at the door.

Also those item boost potions are stupid OP. It's funny, most of my still silver screens are those "Kill XXX guys in 10 minutes" ones, so I have been exploiting the hell out of them :P

Oh, and this happened:
    zlCfzS1NrjU2FmeGfs

The sucky part is I actually ran out of guys to kill on that side of the door and had to go through there :P I lost half my life bar... still got A rank life amazingly enough, but I lost on time of all things. Agitha's thing was just for clearing it, so I still got that. Then re-did it as Link and got A-rank easy.

Edit: There, finally done:
    zlCfzS1O50ciq2w-aI

A-rank in all Adventure Mode screens :D Still need a couple skultulas and a handful of heart containers/etc (mostly from screens where there were multiple character rewards and I just didn't bother to play through them twice/thrice)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    166 hours into Hyrule Warriors. I just finally got all the Skulltulas in the Adventure Mode map. Going to hopefully tackle the Free Mode ones here soon. I should be getting myself a new monitor today or tomorrow... Would anyone be interested in watching me stream this game? I'll hopefully have it up and running in the next few days.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Any word on preorder-costumes for EU, though?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Any word on preorder-costumes for EU, though?

Preorder costumes have been up on the EU eShop for at least a week now AFAIK.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Oh.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited January 2015

I'm keeping my hype tempered, because I've learned that with console Zelda games delays are always a possibility.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    166 hours into Hyrule Warriors. I just finally got all the Skulltulas in the Adventure Mode map. Going to hopefully tackle the Free Mode ones here soon. I should be getting myself a new monitor today or tomorrow... Would anyone be interested in watching me stream this game? I'll hopefully have it up and running in the next few days.

I have 5 skulltulas left on Adventure mode map, and 4 left on Free Mode. Gonna be a good day when I kill all those golden bastards.

Of course some of us would watch you stream it. If you tell us how/when.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I'm keeping my hype tempered, because I've learned that with console Zelda games delays are always a possibility.

Nah. Nintendo can't afford to delay it. It's their christmas title this year. They would sooner cancel a different game and move all personnel to Zelda U.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

Nah. Nintendo can't afford to delay it. It's their christmas title this year. They would sooner cancel a different game and move all personnel to Zelda U.

Exactly. Like with Smash Bros last year, you can pretty much count on Zelda being out this year because they can't afford to not have it out in 2015.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

Exactly. Like with Smash Bros last year, you can pretty much count on Zelda being out this year because they can't afford to not have it out in 2015.

From your mouth to Iwata's ears.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

I have 5 skulltulas left on Adventure mode map, and 4 left on Free Mode. Gonna be a good day when I kill all those golden bastards.

It'll be a little later. I've been struck hard by the flu and can hardly move (yay, Happy Birthday to me!!)

• Options

It'll be a little later. I've been struck hard by the flu and can hardly move (yay, Happy Birthday to me!!)

Wife informed me "We WILL be getting those last Skultullas tonight!". She doesn't often get into my games, but when she does....its game on.

Never play her at Puzzle Fighter, BTW. She's like Jason Vorhees at that game. Its brutal.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Wife informed me "We WILL be getting those last Skultullas tonight!". She doesn't often get into my games, but when she does....its game on.

Never play her at Puzzle Fighter, BTW. She's like Jason Vorhees at that game. Its brutal.

The board game? I love that game!

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Naw. Puzzle Fighter. Its the Street Fighter version of...tetris, sort of
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsuaonMxbD0

Capt Howdy on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Oh right. The one I was thinking of is called Puzzle Strike: Bag of Chips.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

We don't know that they don't have anything else in the works for Christmas. Knowing them, we probably won't know until E3, for that matter. Zelda is the exception, rather than the rule when it comes to them; a lot of stuff, they keep close to their chest until it's just shy of release, i.e. within the next several months.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!