Options

[The Legend of Zelda] This thread got turned into a pink bunny, find the new one.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Is there a suggested order to do things in HW?
    I've just finished Legend mode on normal, would it be best to go back through on hard/hero? Or start looking at Adventure mode?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I've just finished Legend mode on normal, would it be best to go back through on hard/hero? Or start looking at Adventure mode?

Yeah you could start looking into Adventure mode.

You could also get every puzzle piece for that first puzzle in normal, which might mean replaying some levels, and then do the first two/three levels again on hard to finish the puzzle, which unlocks a challenge stage that there is a trick to for leveling up and getting money/weapons/materials.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Yeah, go do Adventure mode now and occasionally play Legend mode on Hard and try to get the Skulltulas there.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    klemming wrote: »

Yeah you could start looking into Adventure mode.

You could also get every puzzle piece for that first puzzle in normal, which might mean replaying some levels, and then do the first two/three levels again on hard to finish the puzzle, which unlocks a challenge stage that there is a trick to for leveling up and getting money/weapons/materials.

Interesting. Tell me more of this 'trick' you speak of.
    I've got all the normal mode skulltulas, and lucked into getting the first hard one when I just tried it to see how hard 'hard' was.
    (It wasn't that hard. Should I just head right into hero mode?)

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Its basically goof off for five to seven minutes, go to Midna, then kill a horde of characters at 1 hp. Fight boss to end map, repeat. Like ten min runs for six or seven character kills.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    It's a mission where you play as Link and are told to choose one female companion out of 6 or 7 to be your partner by walking up to her, and then all the rest of them become your enemy and you have to kill them. Then when they're dead you have to kill Dark Link and you win.

Normally it is very difficult with all these ladies gunning for you, but until you choose one, they are all neutral, which means the enemies attack them. If you wait 5 minutes at the start of the map and don't choose anyone, they will all be down to a sliver of HP and can be mopped up quickly for lots of XP and good drops. The best partner to choose is Midna who is under the goddess statue, she takes damage slower than the others so usually has more HP after 5 minutes have passed.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    It's a mission where you play as Link and are told to choose one female companion out of 6 or 7 to be your partner by walking up to her, and then all the rest of them become your enemy and you have to kill them. Then when they're dead you have to kill Dark Link and you win.

Normally it is very difficult with all these ladies gunning for you, but until you choose one, they are all neutral, which means the enemies attack them. If you wait 5 minutes at the start of the map and don't choose anyone, they will all be down to a sliver of HP and can be mopped up quickly for lots of XP and good drops. The best partner to choose is Midna who is under the goddess statue, she takes damage slower than the others so usually has more HP after 5 minutes have passed.

Don't forget to also rack up your kill count during this time so you can A rank the mission :)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    It's worth A ranking at least once but actually it doesn't matter that much.

I don't remember the actual numbers but it's like if you get a C rank you earn 14,000 rupees and if you get an A rank you earn 15,000 rupees. Most of the reward is just for finishing it.

• Options
    Do the reward map levels (like that one) count towards the "Get an A rank in every Adventure mode level" medal?

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Maz- wrote: »
    Do the reward map levels (like that one) count towards the "Get an A rank in every Adventure mode level" medal?

Nope

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    The map for Agitha's 3rd rank weapon was tough, mainly because of how much time it took me to kill the high morale captains and Link. When the frame rate drops you can't keep the enemies airborne with C3 spam, and if one of the dinolfos lowers their head to charge after landing you're forced to dodge (which kills your juggle) because they are immune to knockback/being launched.

If you can safely use it Agitha's C4 with her air followup turned out to be pretty good. On Link the butterfly would do about as much damage as a weak point smash, and I ended up getting 300-400 kills in the time it took to kill him. It was also handy while dealing with the captains to rack up kills.

I only attempted it a few times, but I can already tell that the rank 3 summoning gate is going to be a thing...and I do know how its mechanic works. Commanders just take forever to take down, and in enclosed spaces I can't keep Argorok on them the while duration (especially Link). Add in randomness on your strong attack and I'm blowing the A rank by anywhere from 2-7 minutes.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    I can't stress enough how much of a difference level makes in some of those missions. If you ever have trouble with anything, don't hesitate to use the dojo to gain a few levels.

And as I recall, Lana's lvl 3 summoning gate one was mostly a matter of learning how to use the gate properly, and being high enough level to complete the mission in time.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Holy crap, Twili Midna is an absolute badass wrecking machine.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I can't stress enough how much of a difference level makes in some of those missions. If you ever have trouble with anything, don't hesitate to use the dojo to gain a few levels.

And as I recall, Lana's lvl 3 summoning gate one was mostly a matter of learning how to use the gate properly, and being high enough level to complete the mission in time.

As far as I can tell, the proper way to use the gate is to spam strong attacks over and over until you get Argorok, and then C6 everything to death.

Edit: Which...you're already doing. I guess worst case, just train up Lana's level.

jothki on
  • Options
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    The map for Agitha's 3rd rank weapon was tough, mainly because of how much time it took me to kill the high morale captains and Link. When the frame rate drops you can't keep the enemies airborne with C3 spam, and if one of the dinolfos lowers their head to charge after landing you're forced to dodge (which kills your juggle) because they are immune to knockback/being launched.

If you can safely use it Agitha's C4 with her air followup turned out to be pretty good. On Link the butterfly would do about as much damage as a weak point smash, and I ended up getting 300-400 kills in the time it took to kill him. It was also handy while dealing with the captains to rack up kills.

I only attempted it a few times, but I can already tell that the rank 3 summoning gate is going to be a thing...and I do know how its mechanic works. Commanders just take forever to take down, and in enclosed spaces I can't keep Argorok on them the while duration (especially Link). Add in randomness on your strong attack and I'm blowing the A rank by anywhere from 2-7 minutes.

A second player REALLY makes this easier. Which goes for every level the game forces you to use a specific character. Fine, you use that one. Then let a friend cheese the level with your most powerful character.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

As far as I can tell, the proper way to use the gate is to spam strong attacks over and over until you get Argorok, and then C6 everything to death.

Edit: Which...you're already doing. I guess worst case, just train up Lana's level.

Dodongo is surprisingly good as a room clearer. Also Manhandla (the X button version that creates a poison cloud that all the minions dumbly stand in and die). Gohma is also decent but I can never get it to activate right :P

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Only the lack of rupees is keeping me from doing that to help with under-leveled characters. When I beat legend mode (on hard) my highest character was Link at 41 and some characters were still in their teens, so the dojo has made sure I haven't had a stockpile of rupees to throw at the higher level characters since it costs more per level.

I ended up farming a giant boss mission for some Arogorok Embers so I could get her Digging Mitts III, and I was looking through my weapons and noticed I had VS Dragon on one of them so I fused that onto my current gate.

Those, coupled with using Manhandala more effectively against commanders (backing up one poison fields diameter from the edge of your C1 seems to reliably make sure that they get hit by the seed attack... otherwise they tend to guard and walk between the stalks, and it still looks like they almost manage to do that) did the trick.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-majoras-mask-3d-revamps-the-bombers-notebook
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D will feature a revamped Bomber’s Notebook, series producer Eiji Aonuma has revealed.

For those who haven’t experienced the original, the book can be used to keep track of different quests. Players can obtain it fairly early on.

Aonuma shared the news about improving the Bomber’s Notebook in this month’s issue of GamesMaster. As it turns out, it was Shigeru Miyamoto who suggested that the book be redone so that players would be more aware of the “hidden events” included in the game.

Aonuma stated:

We were told by Mr. Miyamoto that he felt there were a lot of users who finished the original without even noticing all the hidden events scattered around the town. He said that he wanted us to make sure users were more aware of them this time around.

According to Aonuma, the Bomber’s Notebook now makes use of the 3DS’ dual screens. It has been remade “to act more like an electronic notebook that leads players to these hidden events,” he said.

Aonuma also spoke with GamesMaster about the benefits of bringing the Majora’s Mask experience to a portable system.

When the game was launched, I believed that the real purpose was for players to overcome this pressure and experience a sense of achievement. On a portable console, users don’t have to choose when or where they play, they can keep on playing the game whenever they want. I think this should allow all users to enjoy that special sense of achievement.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I suppose it makes sense to change the Bomber's notebook in the remake, but now I'm just curious about the specific changes.

The obvious interpretation of "makes use of the 3DS’ dual screens" would simply be that it is shown on the bottom screen while playing, but I have no idea what the electronic notebook bit is supposed to mean?

I guess it could notify you about upcoming events? Maybe give hints about people you haven't met yet?

Then again, what do I care? It's clearly not a change that's aimed at players that have filled out the notebook and gotten all the masks multiple times over.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    It was a bit vague before. I mean I enjoyed that aspect of puzzling out what was going on (something happens with this guy at around this time so I'm going to tail him until I get a clue) but as people have said in this very thread that they feel you'd never get certain things without outside pointers, I guess it wasn't enough for everyone.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I bet the hud clock is digital now and you get exact times for events

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    According to Aonuma, the Bomber’s Notebook now makes use of the 3DS’ dual screens. It has been remade “to act more like an electronic notebook that leads players to these hidden events,” he said.

"Leads" makes me think GPS or beacons. A beacon makes sense considering their work on this in the new Zelda. Choose an event in the notebook, stuff in-game is lit up or highlighted to tell you which way to go to get to it.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    No info on changing up the save system?

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    There were some vague comments I remember reading about re-tuning it, but I can't find them right now. I'm a diehard Majora's Mask fan and I never saw an issue with the save system though. (My one friend who wouldn't stop complaining about it had never actually played the game, so I'm probably a little more set in my ways because of his dumbassery.) Especially now that it's on a portable system that goes to sleep when you close the lid.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I heard that in addition to the owl statues there will be a number of "feather" statues where you can also save your game.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    No info on changing up the save system?

According to a Neogaf post translating an Amazon.de product description
    With the help of owl statues and the new feather statues, which can be found all over Termina, you can now save your adventure anytime you like

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    I'm interested in the difference between the two types of statues. Perhaps save points which cannot be warped to?

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    IceBurner wrote: »
    I'm interested in the difference between the two types of statues. Perhaps save points which cannot be warped to?

Seems probable. Not that having more warp points would change much.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I fully expected them to change the Bomber's Notebook. The original was pretty sparse. One change I bet they'll make is to have all characters filled out at the start. If I'm remembering right, you had to meet a character for them to appear in the notebook. This could be what they mean by hidden things.

Edit: Actually, maybe the best thing would be to show you all characters, and the first time & place you can meet them. Then after meeting them the rest of the notebook gets filled out.

The saving tho, I don't know about these "feather statues" - why not just let you save anywhere? This isn't the N64 game that was barely running with the extra ram card. You can handle anywhere saves :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I may have just found out an actual working method for fighting Volga in Hyrule Warriors.

If you continually press the attack against his guard, he'll respond with his basic strong attack. Dodge that, and you'll be able to hit his Weak Point meter. Repeat.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    As someone who found OoC to be an utter slog, this pleases me. I'll give Majora's Mask a shot.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-majoras-mask-3d-revamps-the-bombers-notebook
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D will feature a revamped Bomber’s Notebook, series producer Eiji Aonuma has revealed.

For those who haven’t experienced the original, the book can be used to keep track of different quests. Players can obtain it fairly early on.

Aonuma shared the news about improving the Bomber’s Notebook in this month’s issue of GamesMaster. As it turns out, it was Shigeru Miyamoto who suggested that the book be redone so that players would be more aware of the “hidden events” included in the game.

Aonuma stated:

We were told by Mr. Miyamoto that he felt there were a lot of users who finished the original without even noticing all the hidden events scattered around the town. He said that he wanted us to make sure users were more aware of them this time around.

Aonuma also spoke with GamesMaster about the benefits of bringing the Majora’s Mask experience to a portable system.

When the game was launched, I believed that the real purpose was for players to overcome this pressure and experience a sense of achievement. On a portable console, users don’t have to choose when or where they play, they can keep on playing the game whenever they want. I think this should allow all users to enjoy that special sense of achievement.

I'm not sure how I feel about this...
    On one hand this will probably make one of the most vague games in the series easier to play.
    On the other hand this will probably make one of the most vague games in the series easier to play. Not that I'm opposed to making the game more welcoming but I feel like beacons, hints, and hand holding will ruin the imposing, foreboding atmosphere of the original, imagine the first time you entered clock town and had no idea what the hell was going on. That's one of best first impressions a game has ever left on me. Then I would talk to people and realize they had problems of their own and holy crap I can help them with this. Majora's Mask has one of the most unique aspects of discovery in a video game, and I'm afraid some of that will be lost when an arrow points you to the next person who will give you a mask.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Warriors amuses me because the plot is basically a waifu war.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    42 seconds to clear a map mission. That was a personal best. Suck it, dual King Dodongos.

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Then I would talk to people and realize they had problems of their own and holy crap I can help them with this.

I think since Majora's Mask came out, a lot of the mystique of helping people with their problems has dissipated.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Then I would talk to people and realize they had problems of their own and holy crap I can help them with this.

I think since Majora's Mask came out, a lot of the mystique of helping people with their problems has dissipated.

That kind of ties into my point, if you need help you can go on the internet and wipe away the atmosphere at your own discretion, the entire game doesn't need to be bogged down because of it.

• Options
    No I'm saying it's no sort of atmosphere that I'm really interested in anymore. Since Majora's Mask I've been to dozens of living towns where everyone has their own back story and little set of quests for me to solve. It's almost tedious at this point.

The weirdness of the tone, foreboding atmosphere, all that is good stuff, but I'd rather have some good in-game tools for tracking quests than going without and calling it atmosphere.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I read a rumor article that said new 3ds and MM release in either February or early March. This would make me happy, and I really want to get one of those collectors editions too once the date is announced. When the date is official they'll reopen preorders for them after they get a better count of demand/supply. I really hope Nintendo doesn't pull a wii u GC adapter on the MM Collectors.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Can somebody remind me of all the things you need to do to make sure Mecha-Links spawn in your adventure mode?

• Options
    Mecha Links? You mean the Network Links? Just go into settings and turn on connectivity.