Options

The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    august wrote: »
    There's a new 24/7 Bombcast mixlr stream called The Bombcast Rewind.
    That's been around for months, I think. Still worth mentioning.

This is the third incarnation, there hasn't been one for at least a couple months.

• Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    There's a new 24/7 Bombcast mixlr stream called The Bombcast Rewind.
    That's been around for months, I think. Still worth mentioning.

This is the third incarnation, there hasn't been one for at least a couple months.
    Ah, that's probably around the last time I had checked it out.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Yeah, the last two died out without notice. It apparently isn't cheap to get a Mixlr to play audio all day every day.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Right. I ordered some Surge. I remember drinking it in high school but I do not remember what it tashes like.

I plan to take some to school and drink it in front of my students who were not even alive when it was last in stores.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    They put ads in the GOTY podcasts?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Why wouldn't they?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    presenting small business man's snack of the year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lZaO5PtfuA

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Why wouldn't they?

Figured they'd forgo them for special event podcasts. Not to mention their ad buy program was probably for 1 a week, not "also we're gonna dump a bunch of podcasts near the end of the year".

At least that's how Patrick made it sound when the Morning Show started doing ads.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'm always up for more small business man.

• Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    My absolutely favorite bombcast bit (from the '09 GOTY deliberations, timestamp ~1:47:20):

Ryan: So our top 3 DS games are Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, GTA: Chinatown Wars, and Rhythm Heaven, with Mario & Luigi taking it, for the gold. Brought to you by Del Taco and their new chicken soft taco, get one today.
    Vinny: For your own inside story.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh my god there's ANOTHER METAL GEAR SCANLON TONIGHT

I LOVE CHRISTMAS

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    They put ads in the GOTY podcasts?

They only started with ads this year, didn't they?

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    I have mixed feelings on the ads.

Most of the time they're pretty funny, but they've gotten a little too frequent. On top of that, Jason is keeping a timer and Brad is hard interrupting conversations to fit them in.

Subscribing for ad-free podcasts is pointless when they're just going to hard stop conversations to fit them into instead of finding a natural break.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote: »
    I have mixed feelings on the ads.

Most of the time they're pretty funny, but they've gotten a little too frequent. On top of that, Jason is keeping a timer and Brad is hard interrupting conversations to fit them in.

Subscribing for ad-free podcasts is pointless when they're just going to hard stop conversations to fit them into instead of finding a natural break.

I think that was just because they had another podcast to record that day.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I am a Giant Bomb subscriber that still listens to the ad-filled Bombcast because the ads are great

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    They got too frequent for me this month so I finally switched to the premium podcast.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Also, I mean, they're working

I started a Crunchyroll trial using their URL, and my sampler from NatureBox is on the way

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I was ok with the ads when they weren't forcibly stopping conversations to jam ads in. Even on the premium feed it sucks.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So I couldnt find a proper thread to ask this, but does anyone know if Dying Light has campaign co-op like Dead Island? Or is it just specific missions or modes? Cos kind of the entire reason im looking forward to that game is the open world co-op shenanigans which I enjoyed from dead island.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I'm going to celebrate the Giant Bomb's upcoming Game of the Year, Far Cry 4, by finally playing Far Cry 3.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I should probably play Far Cry 3 as well, but we all know Bayonetta 2 is winning.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I haven't even finished Bayonetta 2 yet

It's odd, but it hasn't gotten the hooks into me nearly as deep as Bayonetta 1 did

I played them back to back in one day and enjoyed 1 a lot more than what I played of 2

I'll get back to beating it eventually, but the fact that it's sitting on the back burner behind Far Cry 4 says a lot. I thought Bayonetta 2 would be my GOTY

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm playing Bayonetta 1 and 2 back to back and IMMEDIATELY thought 2 controlled much much better than 1

And 1 was in no way bad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Bubby wrote: »
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    hope that was worth 20 bucks to you

I flat out can't believe people are paying that much for more recycled Destiny tedium. You can buy a new co-op game for that much on Steam, if you just really love playing with friends or something.

Don't mind us, we're just having fun over here grouping with other PAers and downing super cool raid bosses and PvPing all the while laughing and having a good ole' time. Please forgive us for having fun. Some people weigh both value proposition and fun differently. That I don't know how to apologize for.

Let me know when steam is on consoles.

Crayon on
  • Options
    Crayon wrote: »

April 2011

• Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    Crayon wrote: »

April 2011

Oh yeah? Steam as a purchasing platform is on consoles? Where have I been!?!?!

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Steam was on consoles for 1 game and then that partnership apparently just completely fell apart

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I know that once I actually get my room arrangements worked out so I can actually sit and use a console for more than half a hour without having to sit on my bed (and get my credit cards paid off), I'm going to get a SBX and slap SteamOS on it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Wasn't that Portal 2 thing just a way to stick it to MS/get Steam in more peoples' mind space?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I sometimes wonder how things would have been with Portal 2/Steam on PS3 if Sony's online service hadn't been taken down for an extended period of time due to concerns over hacking of user data.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I know that once I actually get my room arrangements worked out so I can actually sit and use a console for more than half a hour without having to sit on my bed (and get my credit cards paid off), I'm going to get a SBX and slap SteamOS on it.

Just SteamOS?

I like the idea of a SteamOS machine, but at the same time I'd want Windows for all the games that aren't on Linux. And then I start to wonder why I'd bother with SteamOS other than doing it for the sake of it.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    They got too frequent for me this month so I finally switched to the premium podcast.

I use Doggcatcher for my podcast management, so no premium podcast for me even though I subscribe. At least Giant Bomb is kind enough to give their ads background music so it's easy to jam on the skip-10-seconds button until you get back to the podcast. Drives me nuts trying to find the end of the ads on other podcasts, like Super Best Friends.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Just SteamOS?

I like the idea of a SteamOS machine, but at the same time I'd want Windows for all the games that aren't on Linux. And then I start to wonder why I'd bother with SteamOS other than doing it for the sake of it.

I have my computer tower in the other room that could use Home Streaming over the LAN for anything that requires Windows. No reason to pay the Microsoft Tax twice.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

Just SteamOS?

I have my computer tower in the other room that could use Home Streaming over the LAN for anything that requires Windows. No reason to pay the Microsoft Tax twice.

Microsoft.... Tax?

No I don't.
  • Options
    I've found subscribing to premium podcasts is easier in podcast apps if you use the USERNAME.PASSWORD feature in the URL.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Telltale has some big announcement coming.

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer

Please god give me Star Trek TNG

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy VII: The Cait Sith story.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Ceno wrote: »
    Telltale has some big announcement coming.

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer

Please god give me Star Trek TNG

Wolfenstein: The Point-And-Click Order
    Hatred: Season One
    Assassin's Read (the dialog options)

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Half-Life: Episode 3 in 5 episodes
    Frog Fractions 2: Toad's Wild Ride
    The Last Guardian's First and Last Adventure (Game)

This discussion has been closed.