Options

No time for [Chat], Mad Stan is on the loose!

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    i've never cubicled

what's so bad about it?

Everything

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    i had a cubicle for about 3 months. I bitched about it in chat pretty much daily.

I was out in a secretary's pod for about a month when I first came here and it was terrible

even worse was that I sat across from a drama queen attorney who yelled and screamed at coworkers and his wife on the phone all day, and who would just walk right out and use the top of my table as a shelf for his enormous stacks of paper, ignoring me while I was RIGHT THERE

He yelled at an IT guy who was trying to explain the new document management system to him, "MAKE IT SO I CAN PRACTICE LAW"

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    i had a cubicle for about 3 months. I bitched about it in chat pretty much daily.
    Fuck I wish I had a cubicle.

I've got 2/3rds of a cubicle. I constantly feel like I have my back to the room. It bothers me a lot.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    lossy-page1-773px-Photograph_of_the_Division_of_Classification_and_Cataloging%2C_1937.tif.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »
    You know, I like that my company is doing well and we're staffing up and all, but I just walked past a converted internal windowless office that's been converted to a share.

Nopenopenopenopenope

We need moar floors
    I've got half an office, because they didn't bother putting up the other walls.

I've been moved 5 times in 6 years at a cost of $3000 to facilities
    Damn, our company is cheap. We make our people move themselves.

:whistle: There is power in a union :whistle:

honestly imagining your company unionizing and o_O ing a little internally

lol
    We aren't unionized. The moves are handled by Building Management. They're totally union and good for them.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »
    I feel like I'm missing something obvious with SQL. I want to feed values to the system from a CSV to lookup, but I get this impression I need an API call to do that. JDeveloper is just being obtuse.

BULK INSERT broseph

I only have read-only/select access. I need to keep the variables local.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    ronya how did they browse facebook

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    i've never cubicled

what's so bad about it?

*slides door closed*
    *starts playing music without headphones*

There are benefits to having your own personal work space.
    *unzips*

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    i had a cubicle for like a year...the other 6 i've literally been at a long desk with other people....in retrospect that cubicle was a dream world

what is office?

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    i've never cubicled

what's so bad about it?

People eating hard boiled eggs everyday at their desk next to you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i'm in a cubicle, except i just moved from one very private to one not at all private

sux

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I feel like I'm missing something obvious with SQL. I want to feed values to the system from a CSV to lookup, but I get this impression I need an API call to do that. JDeveloper is just being obtuse.

BULK INSERT broseph

I only have read-only/select access. I need to keep the variables local.

Bulk insert into a temp table?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I am losing my damn mind.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    did you get any sleep, cind

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Oh beast/hakkes since you guys are around. I just put in for four on this Tamara dinner.

It's November 7th. yall got first dibs if you want in.

Endive w/ Pears, Walnuts, Parm
    Bitter Lettuces w/ Roasted Apples, Candied Bacon Vinaigrette (yeah, this is basically the BEST salad EVAH.)
    Osso Buco w/ Leeks and Garlic
    Saffron Rice w/Dates, Roasted Lemon, Herbs
    Sweet /Tart Peppers, Chickpeas in Spicy Broth
    Bourbon Brown Sugar Caramelized Apple Cake, Cream

• Options
    BEAST! wrote: »
    i had a cubicle for like a year...the other 6 i've literally been at a long desk with other people....in retrospect that cubicle was a dream world

what is office?

not for frog rammer nerds thats for sure

*shove*

*wedgie*

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    There are no other people but me in the entire office except two cats. Because the office is my home.

Ironically, the cats will still come to my office door and start meowing to bug me.

• Options
    On the other side I just took all my stuff into an office one day and claimed it as my own. Had an office for like 3 months, it has downsides of loneliness if you are used to people around in cubicles. The upsides almost always outweigh the down.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh beast/hakkes since you guys are around. I just put in for four on this Tamara dinner.

It's November 7th. yall got first dibs if you want in.

Endive w/ Pears, Walnuts, Parm
    Bitter Lettuces w/ Roasted Apples, Candied Bacon Vinaigrette (yeah, this is basically the BEST salad EVAH.)
    Osso Buco w/ Leeks and Garlic
    Saffron Rice w/Dates, Roasted Lemon, Herbs
    Sweet /Tart Peppers, Chickpeas in Spicy Broth
    Bourbon Brown Sugar Caramelized Apple Cake, Cream

ahhhh this sounds really good but the timing is bad! I have to squat in Beast's apartment the week after next while he is in Vegas so I wasn't planning on being up next weekend :(!

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I'm in a shared office space, but I made the tactical move of making sure my screen was pointed at the wall. I often slouch a little and can be completely hidden behind my mac.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »

what is office?

Yeah, at my last job my entire team (8-ish people) was in one room and we all sat in basically a giant rectangle made out of long tables facing the middle -- there was a huge TV in the corner and we would sometimes put movies on and stuff so it was pretty cool.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I enjoy my superchaotic office floor with 12 desks.
    Then again my work isn't superdeep knowledge wise, but it is incredibly wide so we need to be each others lifelines at times. "It's been 9 months since I last did this how does it work again" is probably 20% of my workday.
    I also spend less time procrastinating in full view.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Lady Raven is cubing right now, and apparently loves it.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Renly comes up to my office meowing.

I am all "No Renly the TPS reports aren't ready. No Renly they won't be done in 5 minutes. RENLY GET OFF MY FUCKING BACK OKAY."

(At this point Renly has literally climbed onto my back)

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    She's weird tho

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    There are no other people but me in the entire office except two cats. Because the office is my home.

Ironically, the cats will still come to my office door and start meowing to bug me.

i just watched this friggin video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDuLeXx2Gv0

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I really wish my social circle had not shrunk over the weekend.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I was out in a secretary's pod for about a month when I first came here and it was terrible

even worse was that I sat across from a drama queen attorney who yelled and screamed at coworkers and his wife on the phone all day, and who would just walk right out and use the top of my table as a shelf for his enormous stacks of paper, ignoring me while I was RIGHT THERE

He yelled at an IT guy who was trying to explain the new document management system to him, "MAKE IT SO I CAN PRACTICE LAW"

This is me every day. . .

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Erm if vampire minions are getting on your back I would be pretty worried that Dr. Acula may be in the neighbourhood.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    For your select problem, on the csv run a formula on the column to format it correctly (turn "XX" into "'XX',")

Copy column

In select statement, include

where [column] in ([paste all the column at once from the csv])

remove the final comma that was pasted

Ghetto but it will take you far. Gets more complicated if you need to match against multiple columns.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i miss wriggly

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    ronya wrote: »
    lossy-page1-773px-Photograph_of_the_Division_of_Classification_and_Cataloging%2C_1937.tif.jpg

I wish my desk was that nice. . .

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

This sounds like a good office.

• Options
    Best office design:

lolbrary.com_9845_1386605322.gif

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Attorneys are the worst, from an IT point of view, followed closely by doctors.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

Be nice to your ITmans!

We can wreck your shit.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options

i figured.

Lawyers, be nice to your goddamn business services staff.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I really wish my social circle had not shrunk over the weekend.

:(

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
This discussion has been closed.