Options

No time for [Chat], Mad Stan is on the loose!

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Attorneys are the worst, from an IT point of view, followed closely by doctors.

IT guys are the worst, from an Attorney point of view, followed closely by IT guys. I just want my computer to work, butts.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Finn being a S tier asshole cat woke me up like 4 times last night. MOW

MOW

MOW

MOOOOOOOOW

Fuck you cat

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    "Everything that stops me from doing work when I am trying to do work is the worst thing in the history of the world" said every attorney ever. I don't care if my inbox is 30 gig. Make my computer work.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

It's a sad self-perpetuating cycle, too.

Treated poorly, all the good IT people leave for other jobs.

With only fools left behind, they fuck up and lose the respect of the rest of the staff who then treat them poorly.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Had a fun chat with a nice girl over our favorite Dr. Who episodes without collapsing into a Wibbly-Wobbly mess of anxiety.
    *puts green check mark over 10/28/2014 on calendar*

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    From how I have seen attorneys do work maybe running your crappy Firm-provided Dell laptop for 3 months straight without ever closing a single document could have something to do with your lag issues

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Who do I have to vote for so that I don't have to go get my car inspected today? This minor inconvenience is very slightly inconvenient in that I would rather sit here and play Smash Bros but instead I have to go to a gas station and maybe sit around for an hour? I guess I can play Smash Bros while I sit, but it won't be as comfortable.

Bring on the glorious unregulated free-market of vehicles careening off the road all the time, is what I'm saying.

• Options
    "Everything that stops me from doing work when I am trying to do work is the worst thing in the history of the world" said every attorney ever. I don't care if my inbox is 30 gig. Make my computer work.

If a computer is so integral to your job, maybe you should learn how to use it.

:snap:

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    10712869_896228257064405_4358650718283166590_n.jpg?oh=dbda791336425f4395ff3f93ba7b338b&oe=54EC5F87&__gda__=1425339739_7569f94a2e82447fe1048c50e3bac3da

poo
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    i am talking to my friend in our IT department and she put together a whole thing proving how grossly underpaid their PMs and analysts are

i'm like... all i wanted was to make even close to what you guys make

underpaid woooooooooes

@spool32 how much should PMs make

• Options
    Aioua wrote: »

It's a sad self-perpetuating cycle, too.

Treated poorly, all the good IT people leave for other jobs.

With only fools left behind, they fuck up and lose the respect of the rest of the staff who then treat them poorly.

I'm friendly with some of the IT people, but more than half of them I don't know. They are just people on the phone sometimes. But when someone does good work for me, I always tell the supervisor. I don't think enough people do that.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Oh beast/hakkes since you guys are around. I just put in for four on this Tamara dinner.

It's November 7th. yall got first dibs if you want in.

Endive w/ Pears, Walnuts, Parm
    Bitter Lettuces w/ Roasted Apples, Candied Bacon Vinaigrette (yeah, this is basically the BEST salad EVAH.)
    Osso Buco w/ Leeks and Garlic
    Saffron Rice w/Dates, Roasted Lemon, Herbs
    Sweet /Tart Peppers, Chickpeas in Spicy Broth
    Bourbon Brown Sugar Caramelized Apple Cake, Cream

ahhhh this sounds really good but the timing is bad! I have to squat in Beast's apartment the week after next while he is in Vegas so I wasn't planning on being up next weekend :(!

All good. One day our schedules will match up with one of these delicious events.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Don't you tempt me texas roadhouse, I will not give in and go get food because you're offering me a free blooming onion.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular

I DONT HAVE TIME TO LEARN THIS I AM BUSY PRACTICING LAW, NERD!

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    I'm not even IT and I'm liek

guys srsly ur doing complex legal work but do you really think a computer is a plain abacus in comparison

it's a bit of a complex machine itself

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular

IT guys are the worst, from an Attorney point of view, followed closely by IT guys. I just want my computer to work, butts.

Your computer system is a luxury that we have agreed to keep working despite the best efforts of users. "I have to remember how to click a thing" or "this version worked fine 7 years ago, why does it have to change even though it's no longer supported and there is no one who even remembers how to service it" are silly complaints that are presented as non-negotiable by privileged manchildren.

Feel free to hire additional secretaries and procure typewriters if this is unsatisfactory.

• Options

I know how to use a computer. The work system is butts. My first rule of computers: never use outlook ever for anything. Work's first rule: use outlook for everything. With 100 add ons. That all crash all the time.

• Options
    BEAST! wrote: »

I DONT HAVE TIME TO LEARN THIS I AM BUSY PRACTICING LAW, NERD!

Looks like you need more of it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, was gonna go to Jimmy Johns but their subs seem to have a shit ton of sodium in them (I guess everything does) gonna have to see if I'm better off just going to the deli across the street from them and putting something together myself

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

I know how to use a computer. The work system is butts. My first rule of computers: never use outlook ever for anything. Work's first rule: use outlook for everything. With 100 add ons. That all crash all the time.

Oh god.

See, all the good IT people get out of Law and you're left with clusterfucks like this.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Pfft Law's not that hard.

Just break it and then don't get caught. There, don't even need a lawyer!

• Options
    I don't know most of the people in the firm though. There are too many. Support staff especially are hard to know unless they work directly with you.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

I know how to use it, but the fuckfaces in IT keep taking away my admin privileges!

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Hmmm, was gonna go to Jimmy Johns but their subs seem to have a shit ton of sodium in them (I guess everything does) gonna have to see if I'm better off just going to the deli across the street from them and putting something together myself

bread is kind of just flour, yeast, salt these days

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Tired now. Yawn. Shower would be nice.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I'm not even IT and I'm liek

guys srsly ur doing complex legal work but do you really think a computer is a plain abacus in comparison

it's a bit of a complex machine itself

It's like when my attorney was saying all this stuff about court appearances and filing motions and I'm like just make these felonies go away already I am too busy to understand I mean wat even is an amicus brief lol

TL DR on
  • Options
    I don't know most of the people in the firm though. There are too many. Support staff especially are hard to know unless they work directly with you.

I'll come work as IT at your lawfirm for $150k a year.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Every person I see bitch about Outlook has 75,000 emails unsorted in their inbox and is totally confused why it works like garbage

• Options

This i will agree with. The add ons in a law firm are fucking ridiculous and the cause of a million problems, but it's because of security and confidentiality requirements...still i bloody hate them

They want us to use this 3rd party app now to get emails on our mobile devices, that also force you to change your unlock code every week or so

and I'm like you're fuckin' kidden me hell to the no

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • Options
    Every person I see bitch about Outlook has 75,000 emails unsorted in their inbox and is totally confused why it works like garbage

sort by date, sort by unread

no other sorting needed!

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

I'll come work as IT at your lawfirm for $150k a year.

Bowen, with the frequency of your stabbings I'm pretty sure you have to stay in healthcare. Timely first-aid is the only thing preventing you from becoming a murderer.

• Options

This i will agree with. The add ons in a law firm are fucking ridiculous and the cause of a million problems, but it's because of security and confidentiality requirements...still i bloody hate them

They want us to use this 3rd party app now to get emails on our mobile devices, that also force you to change your unlock code every week or so

These are words... but they don't make sense.

• Options

security genius here

• Options

Oh god.

See, all the good IT people get out of Law and you're left with clusterfucks like this.

There are so many add ons. We hired a consultant once. He surveyed us and then told us that he never saw a law firm that was unhappier about their systems. He said a lot of it was because we use outlook more than any other firm (everything runs through it, including our file management system, our comparison software, our fax system, our citation tracking utility for some reason, and our contact management solution). We made no changes. But hey, at least we upgraded from WinXP to Windows 7 last year. . .

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

no other sorting needed!

can you feel me stabbing you through the internet

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »

I know how to use it, but the fuckfaces in IT keep taking away my admin privileges!

Tried bribery?

Asking for a local admin account that you promise to only use for (specific repeated and boring task) and not to log in with?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular

To be fair, I am onboard with this idea.

IT guys are way too happy to let relatively small things be a restriction.

In my apparently coming career as an IT guy, I am resolving to try and remain positive.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    hrmmm

B1Cgov6IAAAt6H7.jpg

• Options

no other sorting needed!

can you feel me stabbing you through the internet

what?! why!

i have folders if i need all of a certain email to go somewhere

pssshhhhhhh

This discussion has been closed.