As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] and such.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Eh, whatever you say Jamesothy

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Gambit starring Channing Tatum is officially a go

Fox is having the dude who wrote Robocop 2014 write the script for this, so get excited

This post is more horrifying than anything that happened to me in PT last night

You're crazy that sounds great

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    CAT GRANT | The project is eyeing females in their 40s, open ethnicity, to play the founder of CatCo, a media conglomerate that Cat built from the ground up. Kara (Supergirl’s mild-mannered alter ego) will work as a personal assistant to Cat, who is described as “J.Lo by way of Anna Wintour.”

JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol’ crush from Kara.

WINSLOW ‘WYNN’ SCHOTT | This twentysomething tech whiz/Comic-Con stalwart toils for CatCo as a programmer, unaware of his own (toying?) potential. Unware of her secret, he carries a torch for Kara, whom he lives next door to.

HANK HENSHAW | As an upstart CIA agent, Hank grew obsessed with intergalactic intel. Now in his 40s and lording over the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations), he is on high alert when Supergirl reveals herself, worried that her otherworldly abilities pose a threat to humankind.

Okay, doesn't Gotham also call Gordon James instead of Jim?

Why is no one going by Jim or Jimmy all of a sudden?

Way more common than Barry or Iris or Oliver

Plus half the fun of DC names is the gee-whiz old-timey feel, and I feel like "Jimmy" in particular informs a lot about his character

I'm just kinda curious

It's so they can look the camera straight into the eyes and say "James Olsen. Olsen. Olsen. A photographer. You're my buddy, James Olsen, the photographer."

I mean it's being made by the Arrow/Flash guys so it's probably not that bad

Oh okay.

Actually you probably nailed it on the head. They're going for a contemporary feel, and I don't know any millennials that go by Jimmy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    CAT GRANT | The project is eyeing females in their 40s, open ethnicity, to play the founder of CatCo, a media conglomerate that Cat built from the ground up. Kara (Supergirl’s mild-mannered alter ego) will work as a personal assistant to Cat, who is described as “J.Lo by way of Anna Wintour.”

JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol’ crush from Kara.

WINSLOW ‘WYNN’ SCHOTT | This twentysomething tech whiz/Comic-Con stalwart toils for CatCo as a programmer, unaware of his own (toying?) potential. Unware of her secret, he carries a torch for Kara, whom he lives next door to.

HANK HENSHAW | As an upstart CIA agent, Hank grew obsessed with intergalactic intel. Now in his 40s and lording over the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations), he is on high alert when Supergirl reveals herself, worried that her otherworldly abilities pose a threat to humankind.

Okay, doesn't Gotham also call Gordon James instead of Jim?

Why is no one going by Jim or Jimmy all of a sudden?

Way more common than Barry or Iris or Oliver

Plus half the fun of DC names is the gee-whiz old-timey feel, and I feel like "Jimmy" in particular informs a lot about his character

I'm just kinda curious

It's so they can look the camera straight into the eyes and say "James Olsen. Olsen. Olsen. A photographer. You're my buddy, James Olsen, the photographer."

I mean it's being made by the Arrow/Flash guys so it's probably not that bad

Oh okay.

Actually you probably nailed it on the head. They're going for a contemporary feel, and I don't know any millennials that go by Jimmy.

Hmmm, I do. I was about to say I know more Jimmy's than Jim's, but I just realized that's probably not true. A lot of kids that used to be Jimmy's (like me) switched to Jim at some point growing up

I do think James probably feels cooler, which if they're going for alpha-male, I guess that fits

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    All Jimmy's gee whiz nice guy personality ever did for him was stuck him in the friend zone. It's time for James to unleash his inner alpha.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    All Jimmy's gee whiz nice guy personality ever did for him was stuck him in the friend zone. It's time for James to unleash his inner alpha.

Tips his fedora and calls Kara m'lady as he explains to her it's all about ethics in games journalism.

sig.gif
  • Options

Uh yeah

But to be fair that friend is Superman.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Put a little lemon juice in your water if you don't like water. Just a little though. It's easy to go nuts and then you've got too much acidity in your belly.

Also good god I'm 35 and missing some discs in my back and my knees are all jacked up but I still run and I've got brain spiders but abluh abluh loads of people on here have it far worse.

Talk about comics.

Or cheese.

I really liked the cheese discussion.

• Options
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fox is having the dude who wrote Robocop 2014 write the script for this, so get excited

No

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    God why aren't there a thousand of those

They're just so damn good

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Yeah I agree Robocop 2014 was perfectly fine, a solid action movie with good visuals and action

It wasn't anything particularly special but it scratched an itch

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I been readin' about you... how you work for the blue skins... and how on a planet someplace you helped out the orange skins... and you done considerable for the purple skins! Only there's skins you never bothered with -- ! The gamer skins! I want to know... how come?! Answer me that, Supergirl!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    a gambit movie? royal flush that turd down the drain

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

No

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    God why aren't there a thousand of those

They're just so damn good

They're too busy spending their animation budget on Teen Titans Go! and Harley Quinn fucking Deadshot.
    I really like Teen Titans Go! though

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

No

sig.gif
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I hope I hope I hope they have Channing Tatum do the accent. It's gonna be so funny.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    no but seriously i mon cher gambit he is my mon ami

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Uh yeah

Better the friend zone than the negative zone, mirite?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    640.jpg

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Kill it with fire

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Uh yeah

Better the friend zone than the negative zone, mirite?

Oddly enough, Alpha James knows all about the Neg Zone as well.

• Options
    If you guys don't think Tatum as gambit sounds fun you are broken

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I don't think anyone as Gambit sounds fun.

Maximum on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    God I hope Channing's costume keeps the headsock. Let's just go all out ridiculous here.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Gambit should just be Jencko with exploding powers

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Channing Tatum is a fantastic actor

Gambit is a fucking trainwreck of a character

it'd be like if they got Dominic Purcell to play Cable

it doesn't matter that I love Dominic Purcell and he's a good actor

Cable's fucking awful, everything about Cable is awful, there shouldn't be a Cable movie

same applies to Gambit

Gambit is bad and you should feel bad

• Options
    Except both of those characters have had good stories

• Options
    Nah Gambit has has 2 pretty good series in the last 3-4 years

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

Literally nothing of this is reminiscent of comic book character Jimmy Olsen.

Oh, wait, I guess he is a photographer.

wait, is Supergirl a teenager in this series? why is Jimmy Olsen in his "late 20s/early 30s"?

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    Gambit was only popular when the 90s X-men cartoon was on. They've missed the boat by 20 years.

• Options
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    Gambit was only popular when the 90s X-men cartoon was on. They've missed the boat by 20 years.

Wrong

• Options

Wrong

You're wrong that I'm wrong.

• Options
    You're both wrong that you're both wrong.

• Options

Literally nothing of this is reminiscent of comic book character Jimmy Olsen.

Oh, wait, I guess he is a photographer.

wait, is Supergirl a teenager in this series? why is Jimmy Olsen in his "late 20s/early 30s"?

Nope
    For Kara Zor-El aka Kara Danvers, the show is eyeing Caucasian females, age 22 to 26, to play 24. As the series’ mythology goes, Kara at age 12 was sent from her dying home planet of Krypton to Earth, where she was taken in by the Danvers, a foster family who taught her to be careful with her extraordinary powers. After repressing said skills for more than a decade, Kara is forced to bust out her super moves in public during an unexpected disaster. Energized by her heroism for the first time in her life, she begins embracing her abilities in the name of helping the people of her city, earning herself a super moniker along the way.

It sounds like they're trying to make a Superman show but with a girl, and not a Supergirl show.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Cable is literally a million times a better character than Gambit.

Cable

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

When I went to see the first several X-Men movies with people who only casually knew them they were all disappointed that Gambit wasn't in them.

• Options
    Cable is great

Have I said how X-Force is my favorite X-title being published right now??

• Options

When I went to see the first several X-Men movies with people who only casually knew them they were all disappointed that Gambit wasn't in them.

Some people are very nostalgic.

This discussion has been closed.