Options

[Superheroes] and such.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    By the way, I loved public/tap water.

Water from a fountain that has a tint of a metallic taste?

Yeah

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I used to enjoy drinking from the hose, back in the days when you could do that.

We didn't do it often, but it was satisfying.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Yeah

You're a psychopath

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    The water around here is awful, lotta metal in it
    There's a store downtown that sells shirts that say "Welcome to Boil Water Alert, Mississippi"

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I dislike a lot of bottled water, but tap water is great. I wouldn't call it delicious, but I drink more water than anything else.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Yeah

You're a psychopath

beetlejuice2__span.jpg

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    I like, never floss

And I also don't brush nearly enough

And I also partake in way too much sugary soda/candy and things

But somehow outside of chipping a tooth once, I have basically perfect teeth?

That shit catches up with you. I don't know how old you are but I was basically the same as you and everything was fine until everything went to hell a year and a half ago.

I remember going to a party with a horribly painful cavity and getting blasted drunk just to take the pain away and then when I woke up the next morning and it was a hundred times worse I went NOPE OKAY I'M GOING TO THE DENTIST NOW.

Man im 31, (32 in 21 days) and followed the same path you did teeth wise.

And finally i saw a dentist because of a tooth ache and SURPRISE you have 7 DEEP CAVITIES and only 3 can bee root canal-ed. i have had 3 extractions that were NOT my wisdom teeth due to total cavity consumption.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you don't realize how horrible soda actually is until you don't have any for a while. I quit drinking soda a while back for the sake of losing weight; I wasn't trying to go cold turkey or anything, I just decided to cut back and it kinda happened like that. Anyway like nine months later I randomly had a pepsi and my mouth was like 'what the hell is this shit' and I almost spit it out

all I really drink now is water, tea and some beers from time to time

also your opinion of water is gonna depend pretty heavily on where you live; some places have real shitty water

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    @Zonugal‌ why do you not believe I have facebook?

Facebook just seems so absolutely American.

And you seem like you'd be spending your time painting or writing.

Or you know, posting about comics on a nerd forum.

Facebook is pretty ubiquitous these days wherever you are

mostly when I am on facebook I am doing other stuff though, and I am never not listening to music online (Veela at the moment if you must know)

Right now, for example, I am converting up some models for Infinity. Just got my Yojimbo box and putting him on the scenic bases I ordered online! It's a gorgeous model for sure...

10610698_10152427053693842_2241964909191471669_n(3).jpg

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    I like, never floss

That shit catches up with you. I don't know how old you are but I was basically the same as you and everything was fine until everything went to hell a year and a half ago.

I remember going to a party with a horribly painful cavity and getting blasted drunk just to take the pain away and then when I woke up the next morning and it was a hundred times worse I went NOPE OKAY I'M GOING TO THE DENTIST NOW.

And finally i saw a dentist because of a tooth ache and SURPRISE you have 7 DEEP CAVITIES and only 3 can bee root canal-ed. i have had 3 extractions that were NOT my wisdom teeth due to total cavity consumption.

Jesus. I consider myself lucky I didn't have to have any removed. Luckily they found a deep cavity in another tooth when I went for that original cavity (which ended up being the root canal one), I wasn't even aware of it, pinhole through which most of the tooth was hollowed out apparently. Dentist called it a miracle that they were able to fill it.

Kids, if you can at all avoid having root canals, do so. A filling is 15 minutes, cheap and painless. If you don't get that shit filled, a year later it's a root canal, which involves you sitting in that chair with your mouth wide open for three hours (tremendous sore jaw that lasts for days), having numerous needle stab wounds done to your gums (that will start hurting like hell the second anesthesia wears off), will put you on antibiotics and painkillers for 10 days, and costs all of the money.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    @Zonugal‌ why do you not believe I have facebook?

Facebook just seems so absolutely American.

And you seem like you'd be spending your time painting or writing.

Or you know, posting about comics on a nerd forum.

Facebook is pretty ubiquitous these days wherever you are

mostly when I am on facebook I am doing other stuff though, and I am never not listening to music online (Veela at the moment if you must know)

Right now, for example, I am converting up some models for Infinity. Just got my Yojimbo box and putting him on the scenic bases I ordered online! It's a gorgeous model for sure...

10610698_10152427053693842_2241964909191471669_n(3).jpg
    Want want want want want want want want want

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Oh god you people are so young

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    I only just realized @Zonugal 's Beetlejuice overlay is gone.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Also, with personal experiance, if you let it get far enough to where they HAVE to get extracted.

Dont let it get so far that you need a surgical instead of a regular extraction.

Sure a regular you basically get your tooth broken off your jaw, but a surgical... ugh the worst.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I only just realized @Zonugal 's Beetlejuice overlay is gone.

I think it happened last week.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Yeah
    I largely drink out of a World War II era canteen, just for that taste

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So we know Marvel's movie plans out to the beginning of 2019, but we're only vaguely aware of their future TV plans.

We have the rest of AoS season 2, and Agent Carter, to fill out the 2014-15 docket. Daredevil will drop in May of 2015, and I'm guessing we'll see those series about six months apart (so Jessica Jones in Winter '15, Luke Cage in May of 2016, Iron Fist in Winter of 2016, Defenders in May of 2017) If they keep up the "netflix series every 6 months", by the time Infinity War #2 rolls around, we could maybe see four more of those guys (Moon Knight, Punisher? Defenders Season 2?) 'course this all depends on how successful the first batch is.

Meanwhile, if AoS was still around, it'd be towards the end of its sixth season for part 2, and honestly I think that's a little optimistic for this series, even if it's improving. The question there, though, would be what would replace it, if anything?

Thinking about how there's no Black Widow movie, I realized it might be cool if they did a Black Widow TV series; a TV spy show would probably be a bit easier on the special effects budget.

Heh, speaking of movie characters, remember that Hulk tv series that Del Toro was a part of... imagine if they had cast Ruffalo in it and made it part of the MCU.. Have it take place between the Hulks creation and the first Hulk movie, where he's on the run from the government. Not going to happen due to the CG costs, but it's a funny idea to think of.

• Options
    I mean I totally acknowledge I got some weird things going on with my tastes & senses.

Second hand smoke basically destroyed my nose.

I now think a house full of smoke smells like cherry pie and vomit smells like fruit salad.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

holy balls

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    also your opinion of water is gonna depend pretty heavily on where you live; some places have real shitty water

this is very true

like, the water at my home, which is from a well, is absolutely delicious

the water in town from a tap is just bad

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I like, never floss

Jesus. I consider myself lucky I didn't have to have any removed. Luckily they found a deep cavity in another tooth when I went for that original cavity (which ended up being the root canal one), I wasn't even aware of it, pinhole through which most of the tooth was hollowed out apparently. Dentist called it a miracle that they were able to fill it.

Kids, if you can at all avoid having root canals, do so. A filling is 15 minutes, cheap and painless. If you don't get that shit filled, a year later it's a root canal, which involves you sitting in that chair with your mouth wide open for three hours (tremendous sore jaw that lasts for days), having numerous needle stab wounds done to your gums (that will start hurting like hell the second anesthesia wears off), will put you on antibiotics and painkillers for 10 days, and costs all of the money.

Dude I hadn't been to the dentist in years

I forgot how much having your mouth open for like an hour and a half hurts

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Oh my god a Moon Knight series could be incredible if they got the right production team

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Yorkshire has some of the best water in the world

Not even kidding, it's considered to be of excellent quality. A mate of mine who works for Yorkshire Water as a process engineer in one of their reservoirs told me once that using water filtration jugs in Yorkshire actually made your water less safe to drink because it takes out the chemicals they put in to kill off any bacteria that could get in there.

Solar on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

holy biceps

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Yorkshire has some of the best water in the world

Not even kidding, it's considered to be of excellent quality. A mate of mine who works for Yorkshire Water as a process engineer in one of their reservoirs told me once that using water filtration jugs in Yorkshire actually made your water less safe to drink because it takes out the chemicals they put in to kill off any bacteria that could get in there.

Aww yeah. 8-)

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    So it's been a long time since I've really read many comics. Outside of reading through Whedon's run of Astonishing X-Men I'd say last stuff I have is from the early nineties. That said I've started putting together a list of recent reading (plus the rest of Whedon's run that I don't own) to pick up. I know I can find better prices elsewhere, but this was convenient to make a list for family/friends to check out. Any other quality Marvel titles that are in trades that I should check out? http://amzn.com/w/3LPSUVSPXD4FX Thanks!

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Gambit starring Channing Tatum is officially a go

Fox is having the dude who wrote Robocop 2014 write the script for this, so get excited

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Yeah the super metabolism of youth wore off at around 31 for me.

Gained about fifty pounds overnight, finally gotten most of it off by 34 but I'm not in shape by any means.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    So it's been a long time since I've really read many comics. Outside of reading through Whedon's run of Astonishing X-Men I'd say last stuff I have is from the early nineties. That said I've started putting together a list of recent reading (plus the rest of Whedon's run that I don't own) to pick up. I know I can find better prices elsewhere, but this was convenient to make a list for family/friends to check out. Any other quality Marvel titles that are in trades that I should check out? http://amzn.com/w/3LPSUVSPXD4FX Thanks!

Thor: God of Thunder by Jason Aaron
    Wolverine and the X-Men by Jason Aaron
    Journey Into Mystery by Kieron Gillen
    Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender
    Captain America by Ed Brubaker
    Immortal Iron Fist by Ed Brubaker/Matt Fraction
    Invincible Iron Man by Matt Fraction

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

You should know that if you get the Infinity hardcover, you don't need Avengers volumes 3 or 4 or New Avengers volume 2. All those issues are included in the Infinity hardcover, with the exception of Avengers #12 and 13, which are not really essential.

If you are looking for stuff to add, I can recommend these:

Moon Knight vol. 1
    Black Widow vol. 1
    Ms. Marvel vol. 1
    Thor: God of Thunder vol. 1
    Mighty Avengers vol. 1
    Mighty Avengers vol. 2
    Mighty Avengers vol. 3
    X-Men Legacy vol. 1
    X-Men Legacy vol. 2
    X-Men Legacy vol. 3
    X-Men Legacy vol. 4

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Fox is having the dude who wrote Robocop 2014 write the script for this, so get excited

This post is more horrifying than anything that happened to me in PT last night

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »

dun worry non, mon frere, Channin gun be playin hisself a gud Gambit, non?

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »

I'm getting into the Halloween spirit!

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2014

As someone who also went down this road recently, I have some suggestions!

Winter Soldier: Bitter March
    Superior Foes of Spider-Man vol. 1 (Getting the Band Back Together)
    Superior Spider-Man vol.1 Oversized
    nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E
    Marvel 1602
    Captain Marvel vol. 1 (there are two, both are good. In Pursuit of Flight is the first first one)
    Magneto vol. 1 (Infamous)
    Hawkeye vol. 1 Oversized
    All-New X-Men vol. 1 Oversized
    The Punisher vol. 1 (Black and White)
    Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man vol. 1

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    CAT GRANT | The project is eyeing females in their 40s, open ethnicity, to play the founder of CatCo, a media conglomerate that Cat built from the ground up. Kara (Supergirl’s mild-mannered alter ego) will work as a personal assistant to Cat, who is described as “J.Lo by way of Anna Wintour.”

JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol’ crush from Kara.

WINSLOW ‘WYNN’ SCHOTT | This twentysomething tech whiz/Comic-Con stalwart toils for CatCo as a programmer, unaware of his own (toying?) potential. Unware of her secret, he carries a torch for Kara, whom he lives next door to.

HANK HENSHAW | As an upstart CIA agent, Hank grew obsessed with intergalactic intel. Now in his 40s and lording over the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations), he is on high alert when Supergirl reveals herself, worried that her otherworldly abilities pose a threat to humankind.

Okay, doesn't Gotham also call Gordon James instead of Jim?

Why is no one going by Jim or Jimmy all of a sudden?

Way more common than Barry or Iris or Oliver

Plus half the fun of DC names is the gee-whiz old-timey feel, and I feel like "Jimmy" in particular informs a lot about his character

I'm just kinda curious

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Jimmy Olsen is an alpha male? What?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    JAMES OLSEN | In his late 20s/early 30s, open ethnicity, James is a smart, worldly and (duh) attractive photographer for CatCo. Though an alpha male, his salt-of-the-earth nature elicits a huge ol’ crush from Kara.

Literally nothing of this is reminiscent of comic book character Jimmy Olsen.

Oh, wait, I guess he is a photographer.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    CAT GRANT | The project is eyeing females in their 40s, open ethnicity, to play the founder of CatCo, a media conglomerate that Cat built from the ground up. Kara (Supergirl’s mild-mannered alter ego) will work as a personal assistant to Cat, who is described as “J.Lo by way of Anna Wintour.”

WINSLOW ‘WYNN’ SCHOTT | This twentysomething tech whiz/Comic-Con stalwart toils for CatCo as a programmer, unaware of his own (toying?) potential. Unware of her secret, he carries a torch for Kara, whom he lives next door to.

HANK HENSHAW | As an upstart CIA agent, Hank grew obsessed with intergalactic intel. Now in his 40s and lording over the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations), he is on high alert when Supergirl reveals herself, worried that her otherworldly abilities pose a threat to humankind.

Plus half the fun of DC names is the gee-whiz old-timey feel, and I feel like "Jimmy" in particular informs a lot about his character

I'm just kinda curious

It's so they can look the camera straight into the eyes and say "James Olsen. Olsen. Olsen. A photographer. You're my buddy, James Olsen, the photographer."

sig.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Robocop 2014 was a totally solid action movie

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

I'm just kinda curious

It's so they can look the camera straight into the eyes and say "James Olsen. Olsen. Olsen. A photographer. You're my buddy, James Olsen, the photographer."

I mean it's being made by the Arrow/Flash guys so it's probably not that bad

This discussion has been closed.