BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That like

Goes against the whole point and business model of the game though

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Obligatory "please bring Marvel Heroes to PS4/Xbox One" post

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 please

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 please

Or this!

Lord knows I'm not a picky man

• Options
    They can't call it that though, I don't think, if they did

Ultimate Alliance was an Activision series, all Marvel stuff is under the Disney Interactive umbrella

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I needs me a big-budget Marvel game made by a good studio. It's the one thing they're truly lacking right now.

LEGO Marvel is cute and Disney Infinity looks stylish, but I want something more.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I just want them to make Spider-Man 2 for Gamecube except replace the bleh combat with Arkham Asylum over and over and over and over and over again because I will never get tired of that.

• Options
    Give me an Avengers Bioware-style game where the different classes are just different characters.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Squirrel Girl would be just as popular as Tali.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Then there's my Grand-Theft Meta-Human game where you basically get to design your own hero and do whatever you want, hero, villain, anti-hero, it's all good.

If they made that game and put it in the Marvel Universe, I think I might shit my pants.

• Options
    Superhero games are the one thing where I really don't like create-a-character.

I want to play as Captain America, not as some knock-off sort-of lookalike I've ginned up that gets quests from him.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    also designing a character who is a grown ass woman who is called "_______ Girl" is....

it's not entirely cool

there's just a bit of sorta ambient sexism in it, because it's infantilizing a woman because she is a woman, in a way that would be really off to do to an adult male character

Superman is called Superboy sometimes... when he's young. When he literally is... Superboy

if you're going to call a 23 female superhero a Girl you should ask if you'd call a 23 male superhero a Boy

if you wouldn't, then uh

maybe that's kind of a problem?

I was thinking earlier, it's interesting how Power Girl is a grown woman and yet she kind of owns the name anyway.

Sort of like her boob window, it shouldn't work, but it does.

• Options
    No way, dogg, design a dude, powers and all, and run around WITH Captain America?

Sign me the fuck up.

I mean, I'm happy to play as Spider-man or whoever

But as a kid I was always having adventures WITH characters, not as them.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I could go either way, While I'm really looking forward to Juggy in MH15 soon, a City of Heroes-like in the Marvel Universe would tickle me silly.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The thing I hated about City of Heroes is that you pick a powerset and only get access to it as you level up.

There are no heroes that have exactly one power and get more powers as they go. You need to start with a core power set and develop it or change it as you go.

That way you could maybe have like a shield but instead of throwing it maybe you have some guns or something and also rocket boots.

That way you can mess around and combine different powers and actually have something unique and interesting instead of just "okay I am Wolverine clone #4703".

sarukun on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Give me an Avengers Bioware-style game where the different classes are just different characters.

oh you mean x-men destiny

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    also marvel is clearly not interested in making anything other than mobile games

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Furu wrote: »

Maybe if wasn't shit

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Maybe if wasn't shit

wouldn't be a bioware game, then hiyooooooooooooooooooooo

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    what the fuck

• Options
    Superhero games are the one thing where I really don't like create-a-character.

I want to play as Captain America, not as some knock-off sort-of lookalike I've ginned up that gets quests from him.

Yeah, same here

I was really bummed out when that bottom row of characters in Lego Marvel were all just reserved spots for created characters that I was never, ever going to make

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Marvel and DC have ripped each other off thousands of times, in different ways. They don't get to walk away from this week going "we have a Danvers" though. There is one Danvers, her first name is Colonel, and she will punch you in the goddamn face/also help take your daughter trick or treating.

• Options
    Turn-based Marvel RPG please

I want to see Spider-Man, Hulk and Captain Marvel standing in a line and waiting for their turn to attack

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    We need another ultimate alliance game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I really wish people would stop drawing the Cap Marvel outfit as a skin-tight body suit.

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »

Maybe if wasn't shit

Yo

There's the fucking door, mate.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Of course geth would awesome that

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Can't really get away with saying "mate" unless you're from I don't know

either the north or maybe just off shift from pulling coal

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Maybe if wasn't shit

Yo

I should go.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    We need another ultimate alliance game

Marvel Heroes is close enough.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Maybe if wasn't shit

Yo

I should go.

I don't sound like that.

It's much cooler when I say it. Like I SHOULD go.

Sometimes I say "I'll come back later". But I never do. Leave 'em wanting more.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    Then there's my Grand-Theft Meta-Human game where you basically get to design your own hero and do whatever you want, hero, villain, anti-hero, it's all good.

If they made that game and put it in the Marvel Universe, I think I might shit my pants.

The closest to that is Lego Marvel, which lets you make custom dudes out of some of the pieces you have unlocked.

• Options
    JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    My idea for a Marvel game would be open world playing as Taskmaster in Madripoor. You can get a lot of variety from the setting and Taskmaster would allow people to play as a known character but also have their own playstyle. Want to fight like Iron Fist and swing around like Spidy? Go ahead. Use long range weapons like Hawkeye or Punisher? Sure why not. Plus the shifting morality of Tasky and the fact that Madripoor is both a fake and shady city would let people get away with doing stuff that wouldn't necessarily go against what the character would do. Just get the Sleeping Dogs developers to make it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QcjvtTJ.jpg

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »
    My idea for a Marvel game would be open world playing as Taskmaster in Madripoor. You can get a lot of variety from the setting and Taskmaster would allow people to play as a known character but also have their own playstyle. Want to fight like Iron Fist and swing around like Spidy? Go ahead. Use long range weapons like Hawkeye or Punisher? Sure why not. Plus the shifting morality of Tasky and the fact that Madripoor is both a fake and shady city would let people get away with doing stuff that wouldn't necessarily go against what the character would do. Just get the Sleeping Dogs developers to make it.

This sounds fantastic. I could even see picking up and mixing and matching different heroes' costume pieces. Like having a Punisher leather jacket but then also wearing a Hawkeye t-shirt underneath with Director of SHIELD Cap's energy shield.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »

I now hate you for making me dream of a game that will never be.

Oh, and you'd have bullet-time too, with the double speed reflexes thing he can pull. Fun.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think Taskmaster would also be suited to a DMC-style character action game, what with switching fighting styles on the fly and all

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think Taskmaster would also be suited to a DMC-style character action game, what with switching fighting styles on the fly and all

And you know he'd have a taunt button.

• Options
    SxDtQwP.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.