Options

Super Smash Brothers!

• Options
    aStoryAboutYouaStoryAboutYou Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Hola all! Finally got my hands on a copy today at Target after it was raining buckets the whole rest of the weekend and egads, it's everything I needed it to be. Up for some online anytime, miiverse ID is agolanvilella.

aStoryAboutYou on
    oWv6S12.gif
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    if i knew how to add peopel while online mode, i would add you cause more people is better people.

• Options
    Hmm @Melding‌, appreciate it, and yup I've no idea either. I'll send a friend thing though, so some other time! I too am a fan of the max items max chaos school of thought.

oWv6S12.gif
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    JUNGLE HIJINX IS INSANE

• Options
    edited November 2014
    i've got to go ifor a bit, if you're still around in like 20 to 30 minutes i would love to pick up where we left off.

GGs all the same.

Melding on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Something I really love about the customization is that it allows me to basically "fix" characters

I don't really like Shulk normally

I bet I'll like him way more when I add 150 extra damage stats to him

Okay after going through Classic with my custom version

Hoooooooooly hell Shulk is great now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Yeah for sure Melding, GGs. I think I'm gonna play some solo stuff for a bit then scoot off.

You cannot access the Home menu when you're online, so you can't add people to your friends list. I'll shoot you an add though, aStoryAboutYou.

• Options
    Ahh good to know, haha gotta love a system where you can't modify your friends list while playing online. At least it beats the Wii online though! And sure thing.

oWv6S12.gif
  • Options
    Captain Falcon's ass is too distracting, they should patch it out

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    oh my god Crazy Orders

I get to round 9 with 48% and think I can handle a free-for-all against Pac-Man, Luigi, and DK

OH WAIT it's on Lylat Cruise and there's so many items and oh I have 179% damage and I'm dead

@_________@

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Crazy Orders are nuts

I tapped out at 10 rounds because each round get progressively more and more intense and I wasn't sure how much worse it could get

But the more rounds you get through, the more chests Crazy Hand drops in the final battle, so... it might be worth trying to get more I guess

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Crazy Orders are nuts

I tapped out at 10 rounds because each round get progressively more and more intense and I wasn't sure how much worse it could get

But the more rounds you get through, the more chests Crazy Hand drops in the final battle, so... it might be worth trying to get more I guess

It also amps up the final fight with more infinitely respawning backups for him. Five or more, he gets one guy. Ten, he gets two. And so on.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    It also amps up the final fight with more infinitely respawning backups for him. Five or more, he gets one guy. Ten, he gets two. And so on.

I guess they misnamed it Crazy Orders instead of Masochistic Orders :I

oWv6S12.gif
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I guess they misnamed it Crazy Orders instead of Masochistic Orders :I

It's still quite possible with 2. Just you need to keep focused on the hand instead of his buddies.

Remember. Hope will never die.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    I got lucky and they gave him two Luigis that just kind of drunkenly tried to chase me while I focused on Crazy first time I tried.

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    So, the way to beat crazy orders pretty good is to get equipment that gives you a home run bat and improves the speed at which you home run bat and then go exclusively for giant or metal battles, they're the easiest to hit because of size/speed

I did 20 rounds and went into Crazy Hand with 25% damage and 5 minutes (Because there's a challenge to go 20 rounds as Mario)

I then proceeded to lose to Crazy Hand's army of Pac-Men but hey

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Does quitting a match forfeit any picked up CDs?

No idea! In my setup though it will reach a victory...eventually.

Well that was the plan but when I awoke after setting CPUs to fight overnight my WiiU was powered off - very mysterious

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    This game looks super pretty to a degree I was not expecting

I played it just a little tiny bit on friday and I loved it I just need to take some time and unlock everything and also buy more controllers because the pro controller is nice and the tablet is functional it just doesn't feel right

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Well that was the plan but when I awoke after setting CPUs to fight overnight my WiiU was powered off - very mysterious

The Wii U will turn itself off if it doesn't receive inputs every so often

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options

Then how am I supposed to unlock Mewtwo without leaving the Gamecube on overnight??

I asked my dad's permission and he said it was okay

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

You can turn that off in the settings tho

• Options
    G o o d t o k n o w

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    If you guys don't already hate counter characters you might after you fight me

I have pissed off a couple people who think it's cheap

God I love Lucina

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I think it's more people hate that so many characters have counters as their down+b, than hating the countering itself

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Has anyone figured out if there's an actual strategical advantage to using lucina over marth

I mean she's obviously the cooler character

But the lack of the sweet spot really does just make her Marth But Worse

• Options
    Every time I fsmash with marth and come short by a hair, which would have been a tipper in the other games, it breaks my heart

Wouldn't happen with lucina

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out if there's an actual strategical advantage to using lucina over marth

She will consistenly do more damage than marth unless you are a smash brothers god

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Man, smash tour is the fastest way to get gear I find but man. It is so goddamn frustrating. And the most frustrating thing is the roller which keeps giving me onessssss.

I really want Mii outfits and custom moves.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Well

I have been to 3 gamestops, a target, a WalMart, and a best buy and can't find this game so

Oh well

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

I have never played anyone who's good enough at the game for this to matter

On the level of our play, Lucina's strategic advantage is that she doesn't need tipping

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    yeah, it's easy to say that you should stick to marth and gettin' good or whatever

but the damage bonus for marth is also somewhat dependent on your opponent bein' bad and letting you hit where you need to, which isn't so much a variable you can always control, realistically

it probably comes down to personal preference/level of arrogance

I feel like I've had a lot more success with Luci Lu, coming off of years of casually maining marth, but I'm hardly playing at a high level

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

To answer your question specifically

Marth does the most damage when you hit them with the tip of his sword

Lucina does the same damage no matter where you hit with the sword
    I think it's more people hate that so many characters have counters as their down+b, than hating the countering itself

No people got mad that they couldn't hit me because they weren't fantastic and countering is one of my favorite things in any video game

Like hold this sick read for me

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Look at me being late

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Well

I have been to 3 gamestops, a target, a WalMart, and a best buy and can't find this game so

Oh well

Enter my fanfiction contest!

• Options
    When I say "not fantastic" I'm not being a dick and saying I'm fantastic it was just another way of saying they aren't super into fighting games like I am

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    I was playing Shulk in For Glory the other day and fought an Ike

The highlight of the whole match was us flying at each other

Going into counter poses in anticipation of our FAirs

And then landing behind each other

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Counter vs Counter fights are greaaaaaaaaaat

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Well

Oh well

i don't know all about your situation but can't you get it digitally? or do you specifically want the gamecube thing?

• Options
    When I say "not fantastic" I'm not being a dick and saying I'm fantastic it was just another way of saying they aren't super into fighting games like I am

I meant people online who complain about counters in general - I haven't seen many complain about just getting countered constantly

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Well

Oh well

Enter my fanfiction contest!

I don't know what that means

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.