Options

Super Smash Brothers!

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    When I say "not fantastic" I'm not being a dick and saying I'm fantastic it was just another way of saying they aren't super into fighting games like I am

I meant people online who complain about counters in general - I haven't seen many complain about just getting countered constantly

I haven't touched this game'so online play yet, just haven't had the chance

Speaking of which how's the netcode?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It performs much better than you might expect.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Well

I have been to 3 gamestops, a target, a WalMart, and a best buy and can't find this game so

Oh well

Enter my fanfiction contest!

I don't know what that means

Speeds offering a smash bundle to whoever writes the most awesomes/snaps-worthy smash character romance story

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Man, I am trying to get the hang of using block/dodge but it just doesn't feel intuitive at all, I've tried switching them from the bumpers to the triggers and I dunno. I never use them when I really should and I'm bad at dodging. I just feel bad at that kind of twitch reaction stuff.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Hitting four attack buttons and expending half his tension gauge, gannondorf comboed his warlock punch into whatever his recovery is
    "Hang on a second, I have a lot of problems with this."
    Ness was having a lot of problems with this.
    "Like what"
    "Well, first off, this joke has way too niche an audience. That system's not even in smash! Further, 'whatever his recovery is'? I don't think this guy's even trying. Plus this whole explanation bit, and repetition of 'I don't think'. I just don't think this is very good at all. "

Like that but do way better

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Well

I have been to 3 gamestops, a target, a WalMart, and a best buy and can't find this game so

Oh well

Enter my fanfiction contest!

I don't know what that means

Speeds offering a smash bundle to whoever writes the most awesomes/snaps-worthy smash character romance story

that is an awfully cool thing of him to do

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    He got an extra one by accident IIRC, but yes it is.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I have an idea for Speed's contest, but I don't actually need another copy and I don't have the time to write it.

It would however star Duck Hunt Dog and be entitled Puppy Love.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I think that that much searching and being unable to find it has actually kinda made me no longer care about the game though

Someone else who really wants it should get it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think that that much searching and being unable to find it has actually kinda made me no longer care about the game though

Someone else who really wants it should get it

I think you should take A break from thinking about it and then reexamine

In my experience that kind of frustration leads to a level of sour grapes that makes you want to not give a shit even if you actually do

Also I want to see what kind of PG smut you can come up with

• Options
    Its just a huge bummer for me

I wanted to take the game home and play with friends in my hometown over thanksgiving and that ain't gonna happen

And then I realized I have basically noone to play it with here so I'm re-questioning if I even need it since I have the 3ds version and local multi isn't an option

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I have an idea for Speed's contest, but I don't actually need another copy and I don't have the time to write it.

It would however star Duck Hunt Dog and be entitled Puppy Love.

NEW RULE

On the event that you win you can choose to pass your prize onto someone else

• Options
    Really I just want to turn this thread into a roiling ocean of barely contained sexual tension

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Little Mac is quickly becoming my favorite character.

That K.O. sound effect. I want that as my ringtone.

• Options

I wanted to take the game home and play with friends in my hometown over thanksgiving and that ain't gonna happen

And then I realized I have basically noone to play it with here so I'm re-questioning if I even need it since I have the 3ds version and local multi isn't an option

Have you looked to see if it's available in your hometown? Maybe you can pick it up on your way in

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i kinda just want the gamecube adapter. It's an interesting thing, and i just like interesting things.

even if i hadn't bought smash i would probably still want it.

• Options

Have you looked to see if it's available in your hometown? Maybe you can pick it up on your way in

I'll def drop by the gamestop/walmart at home to at least look

• Options
    Actually, i wonder what it would take to make my own adapter. I can probably get a gamecube for cheap, though fromt here i wouldn't have an idea of where to go so i'm just going to stick a pin in this.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Because Lucina does consistent damage throughout her sword, it means her advantage over Marth is that her spacing is more flexible because you don't have to consistently worry about being at a specific optimal distance. She's also slightly smaller than Marth, which probably lends to a slightly smaller hitbox.

I'd say Marth is better on average once you get enough experience, but Lucina has some pros.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Melding wrote: »
    Actually, i wonder what it would take to make my own adapter. I can probably get a gamecube for cheap, though fromt here i wouldn't have an idea of where to go so i'm just going to stick a pin in this.

I would think you'd need to study the real adapter to see how the signals are turned into usb to know what to do with the controller ports you take from the cube

But then again I only have the absolute most basic understanding of electronics

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    "I've spent years studying Ganon canon."

@Wyborn are you secretly Viridi?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    My new headcanon is that luigis side taunt is him doing the smooth criminal lean

• Options
    Melding wrote: »

I would think you'd need to study the real adapter to see how the signals are turned into usb to know what to do with the controller ports you take from the cube

But then again I only have the absolute most basic understanding of electronics

Right. I've converted an xbox controller to usb, but it was built on usb so it was real easy. This might have a whole emulation board involved, so i don't even know.

I'm much better at audio adapters.

• Options
    http://smashboards.com/threads/3ds-community-patch-notes-v1-0-4-engine-changes-to-di.378404/
    1.0.4 notes

apparently the wiiu and 3ds current versions still have some differences in damage amounts as well

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

Why don't you just download it if you can't find it

Also the Wii U version is SIGNIFICANTLY better for single-player than the 3DS version

There's so much to do

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    To answer your earlier question Speed

you can go through the light platforms

but not fast enough to matter.

• Options
    http://smashboards.com/threads/3ds-community-patch-notes-v1-0-4-engine-changes-to-di.378404/
    1.0.4 notes

apparently the wiiu and 3ds current versions still have some differences in damage amounts as well
    - Preliminary results show that VECTORING MAY BE REMOVED AND DI IS BACK IN THE GAME
    What this means: More intuitive inputs for veterans, EARLIER kills and MORE COMBOS (possibly)

bleugh

vectoring was a way more intuitive system for everyone except the nerds who've been practicing DI for the past ten years

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Whats the difference

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Whats the difference

DI is the system that's in melee, brawl, and maybe smash 4 now. you can sort of think of it as adding "spin" to your character as they're launched. By mashing the control stick as you're launched, you influence the trajectory of your launch. DI only takes the compoment of your input that's within 90 degrees of your original trajectory. So for instnace, if you get smashed up and mash down, nothing will happen. But if you get smashed up and mash left or right, you'll move diagonally in that direction and your overall distance from the ceiling will be a decent bit greater.

with vectoring, when you get smashed, you can mash the control stick to add a force vector to your character's launch. This is completely agnostic of the direction you're moving, so you can push against the trajectory you're being launched to lessen the distance that you fly.

With vectoring, you want to mash in the direction opposite of where you're flying, which is simple, intuitive, and probably something most people do without even knowing that it has a meaningful mechanical effect. DI is complicated and unintuitive by comparison. Your best move is to mash in a direction orthoganal to your trajectory, which is weird and hard to think about in the moment unless you're a hardcore smashnerd who's been practicing it since melee.

• Options
    like in melee/brawl, if you get smashed up and mash left, your trajectory will look kind of like this:

Q-H_curve.jpg

whereas in smash 4, if you get smashed up and mash left, your trajectory will look kind of like this:

step_1.jpg

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Nerds ruin everything

throw it in the trash

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Dumb dumb dumb

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Also the Wii U version is SIGNIFICANTLY better for single-player than the 3DS version

There's so much to do

because I need the gamecube adapter/controller

• Options

There's so much to do

Probably should have planned ahead then

Because they are sold out everywhere

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    hey who wants to do some four player online smash? Is it you? because if it is, you should join my room.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    in a bit~

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    conversely, anyone up for some 1v1s

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

There's so much to do

Oh you aint never finding that I was offered 150 dollars for mine as I was picking it up from Gamestop.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Hmm

I wonder if I should flip mine

I mean it's nice having the GC pad and all, but I used the Game Pad the other day while two friends used the two GC controllers I have and it was actually surprisingly comfortable

Plus I always have the Pad out anyways because of amiibo

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

There's so much to do

Oh you aint never finding that I was offered 150 dollars for mine as I was picking it up from Gamestop.

Have you considered... murder?

This discussion has been closed.