As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Forum Secret Santa Signups/Picture thread

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    btw I posted some A grade rhymes above make sure to throw them some love.

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    edited December 2014

My Santee I know is awaiting a gift
    I hope they are not sat home, upset and miffed
    The delay is regrettable, and I offer apology
    For causing this bump in the Christmas chronology

I was summoned back home, to the cold but Great Britain
    so I've bought gifts most English and I hope you'll be smitten
    They are things that I miss when I'm in the US
    so I hope that you like them and that they impress

There's things to enjoy when you're wrapped up by a fire
    Which might mean you need to move colder and higher
    I don't know where you live will ever see snow
    It's typically hot with the sun all a-glow

So there's plenty in there you can enjoy in the heat
    And obligatory things you can put on your feet
    What would Christmas be, after all, without socks?
    But fret not, they aren't the sole contents of your box.

PedroAsani on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    3/5 try hard.

:p

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

My Santee I know is awaiting a gift
    I hope they are not sat home, upset and miffed
    The delay is regrettable, and I offer apology
    For causing this bump in the Christmas chronology

I was summoned back home, to the cold but Great Britain
    so I've bought gifts most English and I hope you'll be smitten
    They are things that I miss when I'm in the US
    so I hope that you like them and that they impress

There's things to enjoy when you're wrapped up by a fire
    Which might mean you need to move colder and higher
    I don't know where you live will ever see snow
    It's typically hot with the sun all a-glow

So there's plenty in there you can enjoy in the heat
    And obligatory things you can put on your feet
    What would Christmas be, after all, without socks?
    But fret not, they aren't the sole contents of your box.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/u7hjTwuewz3Gw/giphy.gif

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    I got fun things today! I was picked by Mr. Pin Trader himself, the wonderful @Shadowscars22!
    g3x3glju85i3.jpg

Along with some wonderful pins that will be perfect to trade around at South, I have a brand new Tales game to pour way too many hours into again on my Vita (I'm honestly probably playing it right now as you read this). Cheers to Shadow, @Juicesir and @Pureval for setting this up, and happy holidays to everyone! =D

Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Diffusion wrote: »
    I got fun things today! I was picked by Mr. Pin Trader himself, the wonderful @Shadowscars22!
    g3x3glju85i3.jpg

Along with some wonderful pins that will be perfect to trade around at South, I have a brand new Tales game to pour way too many hours into again on my Vita (I'm honestly probably playing it right now as you read this). Cheers to Shadow, @Juicesir and @Pureval for setting this up, and happy holidays to everyone! =D

Please let me know if Tales of Hearts is worth getting, I'm very tempted to buy it!

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
  • Options
    brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

Thanks @sudopoop for the AUS14 set! It showed up today.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    @Versuserik holy shit, you're awesome! I got home from a long day of work to see what appeared to be an Amazon box on my front steps. I immediately thought, "Oh crap, what the hell did I forget about ordering this time?" It was -5F outside, but I took this picture anyway:
    wZmwnsm.jpg

This box was from Hawaii, so it definitely wasn't enjoying the weather. I had to bring it inside. It even smelled like a warmer climate.
    FGOsaPq.jpg
    I lied. It didn't smell any different. Not that I could tell. My nose still wasn't functioning due to the cold

HOLY SHIT! STUFF! A Warcraft mug, a Mur'ghoul, a NSFW Gabe pin, a horde/alliance armband, a Carl pin (love me some Automata), and A FRIGGIN LEEROY JENKINS PIN! I'm pretty sure my SS wins the internet.
    GvqjZ7U.jpg

Bonus pic: I just got a shadowbox to start putting things in, and my mini-murlocs were missing something in the Blizzard section. Mur'ghoul is right at home.
    dk5Ymzz.jpg

So, @Versuserik , thank you so very much. You rock!

Hingo on
    Pins for trade!
  • Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    @Versuserik holy shit, you're awesome! I got home from a long day of work to see what appeared to be an Amazon box on my front steps. I immediately thought, "Oh crap, what the hell did I forget about ordering this time?" It was -5F outside, but I took this picture anyway:
    wZmwnsm.jpg

This box was from Hawaii, so it definitely wasn't enjoying the weather. I had to bring it inside. It even smelled like a warmer climate.
    FGOsaPq.jpg
    I lied. It didn't smell any different. Not that I could tell. My nose still wasn't functioning due to the cold

HOLY SHIT! STUFF! A Warcraft mug, a Mur'ghoul, a NSFW Gabe pin, a horde/alliance armband, a Carl pin (love me some Automata), and A FRIGGIN LEEROY JENKINS PIN! I'm pretty sure my SS wins the internet.
    GvqjZ7U.jpg

Bonus pic: I just got a shadowbox to start putting things in, and my mini-murlocs were missing something in the Blizzard section. Mur'ghoul is right at home.
    dk5Ymzz.jpg

That shadowbox is one of the most amazing things I've seen. I love it. Just wow. <3

• Options
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    wZmwnsm.jpg

FGOsaPq.jpg

GvqjZ7U.jpg

dk5Ymzz.jpg

That shadowbox is one of the most amazing things I've seen. I love it. Just wow. <3

Ha, thanks. It's missing a Ziggs bomb or Poro from Riot, which I'm hoping to acquire at South. I have yet to determine what the final 6 spots will hold, as I'm extremely picky diligent.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    wZmwnsm.jpg

FGOsaPq.jpg

GvqjZ7U.jpg

dk5Ymzz.jpg

Ha, thanks. It's missing a Ziggs bomb or Poro from Riot, which I'm hoping to acquire at South. I have yet to determine what the final 6 spots will hold, as I'm extremely picky diligent.

If you don't get the ziggs bomb at South, let me know. I have one and I'm sure we could work something out for you to add it to your collection. I love it…but I also love that shadowbox and want to see it completed. :)

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    The deadline for receiving gifts is fast approaching. The following people have not posted about receiving a gift yet. If you are on this list and have received your gift and have not posted yet please do so ASAP. If you have posted and I somehow missed it please point me to your post and offer me some glasses. If you were their Santa and you have sent their gift please PM relevant shipping info. If you have not sent their gift out get moving.

@Evenstar‌ (Tracking shows gift has arrived, has not posted yet).
    @Dabe‌
    @TheAggroCraig‌ (gift sent but has not arrived yet)
    @Happendy‌ (gift received, no picture posted yet)
    @Geometric Cube‌ (gift sent, currently stuck in transit)
    @darkinfero‌
    @Juicesir‌ (tracking shows package received, not yet posted)
    @Frostbyte‌
    @Cowpuppy‌ (Currently battling USPS issues).
    @NowHiringHenchmen‌ (gift received has not posted yet)
    @Shadowscars22‌ (shipping issues gift will be received in person)
    @Drayven_Darko‌
    @vaanrose
    @pedroasani (gift received but not posted due to international issues)
    @sudopoop
    @brettness37 (gift received and noted, no picture so I missed it :)
    @sammy.sam

pureval on
  • Options
    Shadowscars22Shadowscars22 Registered User regular
    I have been informed that my gift was on its way to me, but for some reason the address wasn't good, so it got returned to the sender. I do not know if I misstyped my address, or if it's something else, but we've agreed it might be easier to bring it to PAX South and give it in person to me.

Sorry :( I'll share as soon as I know what I'll get

Visit my website, thepintrader.com, the first Pinny Arcade store!
  • Options

I posted about 6 posts up, all good :D

• Options
    edited January 2015
    I posted about 6 posts up, all good :D

I was scanning for pictures while going through the thread and I missed it. I knew there was going to be at least 1.

pureval on
  • Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    wZmwnsm.jpg

FGOsaPq.jpg

GvqjZ7U.jpg

dk5Ymzz.jpg

I am super stoked the gift made it to the frozen tundra and was well received! Frostbyte is responsible for the Blizcon goodies. He is the man! Get a hold of me if you want the backstory on the Gabe dick pin. ALOHA!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
  • Options
    Versuserik wrote: »
    Get a hold of me if you want the backstory on the Gabe dick pin. ALOHA!

*gently places hands on your shoulders from behind*

"Tell me about the dick."

• Options
    Geometric CubeGeometric Cube Registered User regular
    Just to give an update, it is the 7th where I am and on the 10th I will be moving/going on leave. So if I don't get mine by then, then there is a chance I won't receive it until March.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    A big shoutout to my secret santa @pureval‌ for making me feel like the biggest nerd opening the box I got... but I love it. Now the hard part is finding someone to play with.

rFYGPck.jpg

PR Monopoly was from him, and the Pit amiibo was a gift for me from me!

Thanks dude, much appreciated!

• Options
    A big shoutout to my secret santa @pureval‌ for making me feel like the biggest nerd opening the box I got... but I love it. Now the hard part is finding someone to play with.

rFYGPck.jpg

You are welcome. I had a hard time deciding what gift to get you. I was going to get you an Amiibo, but everyone time I double checked your list it changed :)

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »

rFYGPck.jpg

You are welcome. I had a hard time deciding what gift to get you. I was going to get you an Amiibo, but everyone time I double checked your list it changed :)

I kept putting them on there to remind myself to buy them... then the scarce of sell out started happening so I ordered them all :bigfrown:

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Holy crap amazing

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    DabeDabe Photographist Portland, ORRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    edited January 2015
    @BrewtiCon hooked it up earlier this week with a rad x-mas package. I didn't provide very many hints but he happened to nail some good gifts!

wsmsalgomk9i.jpg
    Oh what do we have here?

zha4zvs1987u.jpg
    A rad Snowman Pikachu from the Nintendo store!

74qq0ea1nl64.jpg
    A super fancy lens mug (even properly matched to my actual preferred camera manufacturer). If you'll notice I had a lower quality one (left) that I rarely used because it did absolutely nothing for retaining temperature. Welp, the old one is now in the trash as I've enjoyed two cups of coffee in it already this week.

3laf93awzomy.jpg
    Thanks man!!

Dabe on
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    So I got mine. I put it on twitter to avoid dealing with imgur.

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    My awesome gift from @Happendy‌ arrived today!

It had the Aus core 2014 pin set & Cthulhu Dice pin, perfect! Better still they were all on the Kemper lanyard! Thank you!

r2gdxy540u9m.jpg

• Options
    HappendyHappendy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sammy.Sam wrote: »
    My awesome gift from @Happendy‌ arrived today!

It had the Aus core 2014 pin set & Cthulhu Dice pin, perfect! Better still they were all on the Kemper lanyard! Thank you!

r2gdxy540u9m.jpg

With your octopus pin avatar, I couldn't NOT also include Cthulu dice.
    Hope you enjoyed :3

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    Definitely enjoyed the gifts. I actually have a large framed print of The Call of Cthulhu, so very good call. Thanks again!

• Options
    edited January 2015

Got it yesterday thank you. But Now I have 2 of them.
    One from you and another from my best friend for Xmas.
    That revs pins I'm going to stick it with the rest of my revs gear.
    Thank you Cabbie 98

darkinfero on
    My Pin collection
  • Options
    sudopoopsudopoop seattle, usaRegistered User regular
    Came home to this wonderful surprise:

405s8fe5fefz.jpg

Thank you @Evenstar‌!! I'll be easily identified when I'm wearing it proudly at South! :)

• Options
    Drayven_DarkoDrayven_Darko Canberra, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    With just days left on the clock, @foehammer manages to score a Secret Santa win!

Thanks man, these rock!

"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to 'Sparkle Motion'."
  • Options
    cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    darkinfero wrote: »

Thank you Cabbie 98

Ha ha. Whoops. I thought I was being clever when I saw you mentioned the set on your twitter feed a few months ago but it looks like your friend had the same line of thinking. I hope you can find a good home for it.

WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • Options
    cabbie98 wrote: »

Thank you Cabbie 98

Ha ha. Whoops. I thought I was being clever when I saw you mentioned the set on your twitter feed a few months ago but it looks like your friend had the same line of thinking. I hope you can find a good home for it.

You can always build 2 variants and have one "hovering" :hydra:

• Options
    cabbie98 wrote: »

Thank you Cabbie 98

You can always build 2 variants and have one "hovering" :hydra:

I think I might have to do that. But thank you so much cabbie. You made me smile and it was the best SS gift I got this year.

My Pin collection
  • Options
    foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    With just days left on the clock, @foehammer manages to score a Secret Santa win!

Thanks man, these rock!

glad thay got there as this was the 3rd time i sent them (dam aus post) there was a third part to go in but i will pm you about that

• Options
    cabbie98cabbie98 Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I am freaking out a bit right now. I came home from work today to an unexpected package from Penny Arcade. I hadn't ordered anything recently and it was an unusual size so I had no idea what to expect.

It ended up being a bonus Secret Santa gift from the man himself Mike Krahulik. Many thanks to him and @grgemonkey‌ for setting this up.

VdxKF85l.jpg

This is a great bonus as I have always wanted to get a sketch from Mike but never took the time at PAX. I love seeing original art and this will be going up on my wall as soon as I can get a frame.

cabbie98 on
    WiiU: cabbie98
    3DS FC: 4382-1976-1645
    Pin Pals Digital Lanyard
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Nice! :D

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    Wow. I have been waiting for this for a while now. Congrats Cabbie!

• Options
    So was this a random present or did you organise it specifically for cabbie98?