As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of the [chat]

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i am drinking a trappist ale called LA TRAPPE

it is a cloudy amber and it kind of burns going down

very good but not as refreshing as i'd hoped

i was trying to find a good pilsner but alas

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    I've discovered a new low in the land of hunger...being poor sucks

Thankfully, it ends tomorrow...unfortunately, that doesn't fix tonight

I thought I had handled this issue, but, well, no such luck.

#whininglikewhoa

One of my good friends said the best diet she ever found was being too poor to afford food.

Being hungry sucks.

it is the blurst and I am sorry to hear that (and glad it's almost done)!

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

#whininglikewhoa

One of my good friends said the best diet she ever found was being too poor to afford food.

Being hungry sucks.

Being hungry wasn't so bad

How dumb being hungry made me was the bad part

I am glad I am no longer that poor

And instead am just hyper-vigilant about poverty ever coming near again

Waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat before realizing I am safe and warm and indoors and what makes me deserve this over the others I encountered and I TOLD YOU GUYS I WAS FULL OF FEELS TONIGHT

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    In Texas everyone charges for the gas pump in their F350 pickups and opens fire out the driver's window. Whoever gets to it first swipes his card while dodging bullets, then hoses down his competitors with gasoline and lights it with a flick of his cigar.

Competition breeds excellence!

What the fuck gas stations are you going to?! That's way more entertaining than the super loud tiny TV at HEB!

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Always eat in, never travel, never make eye contact

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    O tape I had the most uncomfortable encounter in the subway yest

o rly

This totally baked guy had been staring at me the entire M train ride from Rockefeller and as the train left the station right before Queens Plaz he reached out to just almost touch my hand on the pole. So I was like, shiiiit and turned off my podcast and he stonedly was like "excuse me I just wanted to tell you you're the most gorgeous person I ever seen"

and damn my smartass mouth cause I responded "I doubt that very much but thank you" which opened the floodgates for him to fucking interrogate me about what I meant by that and why I couldn't just accept a compliment and why I don't like making conversation and other incoherently high but relentless shit

And I have this smile pasted in my face because he's being SUPER LOUD and I'm looking around the car like plez get me out of this, but every time my eyes flicked over to his way less stoned friend he's like HEY WHY DO YOU KEEP LOOKING AT HIM

I fuckin darted out of that train and ran all the way above ground as soon as that bitch stopped in queens plaza let me tell you

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Honestly American tipping makes me not want to go there on holiday. So stressful! And so expensive!

We've been watching a lot of Last Week Tonight lately, and earlier last week my wife said she's not sure she wants to visit the US anymore.

I should send John Oliver a gift basket.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Gim wrote: »

I literally attack any tourists who dare meet my gaze

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkJXtpEKml8

i took a nap it was refreshing

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

#whininglikewhoa

Being hungry sucks.

Waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat before realizing I am safe and warm and indoors and what makes me deserve this over the others I encountered and I TOLD YOU GUYS I WAS FULL OF FEELS TONIGHT

I will add to feels...

I grew up like that and creating a world where no matter how bad it gets our kids are shielded from that shit has been the greatest achievement of my life, it is incredibly rewarding to have three healthy kids who know a world of stability and call me mom

Belasco32 on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I don't mean to get heavy all up in, but as someone who also could recount a recent time when I had to go without food due to poverty, it makes me really sad that so many good, productive and hard-working folks in this thread have had to share a similar situation.

• Options

o rly

This totally baked guy had been staring at me the entire M train ride from Rockefeller and as the train left the station right before Queens Plaz he reached out to just almost touch my hand on the pole. So I was like, shiiiit and turned off my podcast and he stonedly was like "excuse me I just wanted to tell you you're the most gorgeous person I ever seen"

and damn my smartass mouth cause I responded "I doubt that very much but thank you" which opened the floodgates for him to fucking interrogate me about what I meant by that and why I couldn't just accept a compliment and why I don't like making conversation and other incoherently high but relentless shit

And I have this smile pasted in my face because he's being SUPER LOUD and I'm looking around the car like plez get me out of this, but every time my eyes flicked over to his way less stoned friend he's like HEY WHY DO YOU KEEP LOOKING AT HIM

I fuckin darted out of that train and ran all the way above ground as soon as that bitch stopped in queens plaza let me tell you

i am awesoming this because it is perfectly awful.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    In Texas everyone charges for the gas pump in their F350 pickups and opens fire out the driver's window. Whoever gets to it first swipes his card while dodging bullets, then hoses down his competitors with gasoline and lights it with a flick of his cigar.

What the fuck gas stations are you going to?! That's way more entertaining than the super loud tiny TV at HEB!

All you need to know is that I'm still alive

and my aim is excellent

• Options
    ahahahahaha oh my god

i just looked at the rpg thread

the "makes long-winded forum posts" and "plays and cares about RPGs" crowds definitely overlap!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I'm afraid my local bar& grill may have shut down. I haven't been by for a few weeks and today I drove past and they were closed, this is usually a busy day for them. If they are really shut down this sucks, they were the only place to get decent food for like 20 miles.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

I literally attack any tourists who dare meet my gaze

always eat tourists

• Options

All you need to know is that I'm still alive

and my aim is excellent

and this is why I love you

• Options

#whininglikewhoa

Being hungry sucks.

I will add to feels...

I grew up like that and creating a world where no matter how bad it gets our kids are shielded from that shit has been the greatest achievement of my life, it is incredibly rewarding to have three healthy kids who know a world of stability and call me mom

I think spool technically adopted me at some point so I just want to confirm that you are da best mom *hug*

Okay maaaaybe 2nd best because otherwise that feels really traitorous to my actual mom >_>

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular

#whininglikewhoa

Being hungry sucks.

yeah, I am remembering my early years in New York with zero fondness for the "literally all of your money is what it costs to live close enough to where you work, within 2 hours commute" life
    Where it was quite possible that one or more meals per day consisted of a cup of green tea
    ugh

There was a period where one of my old bosses was buying us lunch every day and that was very often the only hot meal of the day
    and she would order from the same Thai place every day which had a crazy small menu
    I usually only ate a third of it and would take it home for dinner and sometimes for lunch the following day just in case she DIDN'T buy us lunch

To this day I still can't eat pad thai, I ate so much of it in that six-month period

ugh fuck everything about my Brooklyn life, man, it was not good

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    MEAT SALAD

was delicious

must make again.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    that's p terrible hakkes

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    ahahahahaha oh my god

i just looked at the rpg thread

the "makes long-winded forum posts" and "plays and cares about RPGs" crowds definitely overlap!

RPGS are serious business.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Although while we're on the topic

Hakkes does have the prettiest av

It's right up there with mine

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options

o rly

ugh that shit is the WORST

*hugs*

I fucking hate subway creeps.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    that's p terrible hakkes

Oh hahaha I nearly forgot the best part

For some reason he started going on about arranged marriages near the end of the encounter

And just before the train pulls up to my stop he's like "I bet you arranged. I bet you taken. You got an arranged marriage. You not free"

And right before the doors open I'm like "uh no, not arranged. But not free"

And then I vaulted on to the platform and basically shouted WHAT THE FUCK

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    that's p terrible hakkes

Oh hahaha I nearly forgot the best part

For some reason he started going on about arranged marriages near the end of the encounter

And just before the train pulls up to my stop he's like "I bet you arranged. I bet you taken. You got an arranged marriage. You not free"

And right before the doors open I'm like "uh no, not arranged. But not free"

And then I vaulted on to the platform and basically shouted WHAT THE FUCK

holy hell *shudder*

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    lol they just put up an auction for having lunch with kimbra on Facebook

i made the high bid at $10 NZ, 7 hours after the initial $1 bid

in the next minute after my bid it vaulted upwards

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

#whininglikewhoa

Being hungry sucks.

I will add to feels...

This is basically how my parents felt

They grew up quite poor, each in households with an abusive alcoholic parent, and they made it basically their life's mission to keep their kid from experiencing anything like that

So on behalf of all children fortunate enough to have parents excellent enough to give their children a better life, I can say we are profoundly grateful, beyond expression

Tonight I was worried I'd get bad news about my mother's heart so I have been kind of thinking about this

• Options
    Kana wrote: »

It is Inara Serra its kinda her literal job to be pretty

You don't graduate summa sum laude at Space Whore Academy by getting good grades

• Options

#whininglikewhoa

Being hungry sucks.

I will add to feels...

This is basically how my parents felt

They grew up quite poor, each in households with an abusive alcoholic parent, and they made it basically their life's mission to keep their kid from experiencing anything like that

So on behalf of all children fortunate enough to have parents excellent enough to give their children a better life, I can say we are profoundly grateful, beyond expression

Tonight I was worried I'd get bad news about my mother's heart so I have been kind of thinking about this

I saw the post about your mom earlier, how's she doing?

• Options
    If I could share some more feels but hopefully also lighten the mood a little bit

You may recall that at perhaps my most homeless, I also suffered an impressive ankle sprain

And anyway since that day I have been on my own little personal comeback trail, and it has had it's ups and downs, but in general life is a lot better than it was

Well the other day I was in a celebratory mood and went to watch football at a local bar, even had a few drinks to experiment with responsibly imbibing

And anyway in that regard I did well! But then on my walk home I tripped and managed to injure the same ankle, though thankfully to a much lesser extent

Anyway today's lesson is that the comeback trail is long and full of dead-end detours and temptations and sometimes you will succumb to them

But as long as you keep your destination clear in your mind, you can find your way back to the trail and maybe learn a lesson about yourself and about certain temptations

Anyway yesterday I ran 3 miles in under 30 minutes thanks to ankle braces and because I am in control

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

You don't graduate summa sum laude at Space Whore Academy by getting good grades

for a long time i thought your av was just a picture of you because you look similar and i was on mobile site

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    she's fine, no heart issues aside from a pre-existing rhythm concern that doesn't seem to have any significant effects

just needs an appointment to investigate her acid reflux and why it's so severe

as always she was reluctant to tell me because she didn't want to stress me out, and my dad had to sneak away to call me

• Options
    and since my av is a picture of me i thought thats what everyone did

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    \

Well, I think getting all Ds counts as good grades at Space Whore Academy

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to decide if it is worth $20 to buy a copy of The Resistance

or if I should just use some of my empty card sleeves and make a rustic traditionalist version for my next game night

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    there is a really fucked up scene with that actress in the tv show homefront that i found way too sexually interesting

the embarrassment i felt it was... perfektu..

• Options
    and i have never watched whatever show that lady is in

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

o rly

jeez hakkes why can't you take a compliment

• Options
    gad my shoulder hurts. i hope this isn't re-torn. that would be a bumster

C8Ft8GE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.