As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX East] The Battle for HothPAX is Over

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    sorry guys can't make it

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    God damn it.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    hey good news the 8-12 inches of snow they thought we were going to get wednesday looks like it isn't going to happen now

maybe things will hold out until after pax from here on out

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well, pack it up.

We'll try it again next year...I guess

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    sorry guys can't make it

dammit keith

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    sorry guys can't make it

dammit keith

sorry I can't make it to boston to hang out with you, kwoaru

if only we lived an hour away from each other

• Options
    edited February 2015
    sorry guys can't make it

dammit keith

Yeah we should probably hang out sometime

how about

that

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    sorry guys can't make it

dammit keith

how about

that

sounds gay no thanks

• Options
    sorry guys can't make it

dammit keith

how about

that

sounds gay no thanks

me irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71dlt4HrNJM

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Warm weather peeps, if there is one good piece of advice I have, it is to buy yourself a warm hat that covers your ears. Don't worry about messing up your hair, it is probably the bit of clothing that will make the most difference to whether you hate your life or not when you're walking around. Especially if it's windy! My ears always start smarting if it's cold and windy.

• Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Don't worry about messing up your hair

madness

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Warm weather peeps, if there is one good piece of advice I have, it is to buy yourself a warm hat that covers your ears. Don't worry about messing up your hair, it is probably the bit of clothing that will make the most difference to whether you hate your life or not when you're walking around. Especially if it's windy! My ears always start smarting if it's cold and windy.

Haha

Buy a hat

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    Seriously though, buy, knit whatever. Bring a hat, a scarf, and a good pair of gloves. Dress in layers. It is currently 3 degrees out right now and feels like -14. To give you an idea of how cold that is, unexposed extremities like fingers and what not can develop frostbite in about 15-25 minutes in that sort of temperature. This winter has been effing brutal even by New England standards. And for you folks used to warmer climes, it will feel doubly so. So please, please, protect yourselves and dress warmly. Better safe than sorry.

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Yup yup, layers, at least one wind/waterproof or at least resistant, gloves, hat/scarf, waterproof/resistant footwear. If you wear pants that are long (like I have some flared jeans where the hem touches the ground) they can soak up enough water to become heavy and cold against your legs. If you don't have or need a winter coat try layering things that cover the weaknesses of the other things, like sweaters are good but let wind gusts straight thru so you can layer a hoodie or shell on top to reduce how much wind cuts through. Tights or leggings under pants if you're gonna walk around outside a lot. That sort of thing.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    It's just hilarious because I can't find waterproof shoes or coats, and even if I could, I'm not spending $TEXAS on stuff I'll need for 4 days

Luckily my winter coat is pretty damn warm, even if it's falling apart

Also I have like 1000 hats and scarves and such

Sheri on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm screwed in the shoes department.

I'm gonna try to find a couple new shirts and some shoes this weekend I think.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'd hate to be the coat check guy at PAX East this year

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I remember when the PAX threads used to be about booze, bars, and bowling. Now everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over weather.

FOR SHAME

• Options
    It's like 66 degrees right now Zip

It's 2 degrees in Boston

That's worth talking about!

• Options
    We're turning into old curmudgeons around here Zip. Shouting at clouds and complaining about the weather.

• Options
    But seriously when is bowling

Someone is going to have to make sure I get to these things, I'm too frazzled to keep things straight

• Options
    Thursday okay for bowling at Jillian's? Say, around 8:30? Should give people enough time to land, check in, and grab some food first.

If we're having trouble finding places to accommodate everyone, it's a good backup plan for other days, too.

• Options
    Sheri wrote: »
    It's just hilarious because I can't find waterproof shoes or coats, and even if I could, I'm not spending $TEXAS on stuff I'll need for 4 days

Luckily my winter coat is pretty damn warm, even if it's falling apart

Also I have like 1000 hats and scarves and such

well yeah I didn't mean buy proper winter gear, more like if you already have a raincoat or shell that is summer weight that you like (because you live in florida) it's still perfectly functional in a colder space as long as you put a hoodie or another insulation layer under it, and it'll actually help a lot more than you think. if you can't find or don't want to buy winter boots, rainboots with a few layers of warm socks will work just fine, and in fact a lot of people on my college campus just wear rubber rainboots and then thick wool socks underneath instead of buying "proper" winter boots.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Thursday okay for bowling at Jillian's? Say, around 8:30? Should give people enough time to land, check in, and grab some food first.

If we're having trouble finding places to accommodate everyone, it's a good backup plan for other days, too.

Oh, uh, right, some people may not actually know what we mean when we talk about Jillian's!

The place we're talking about is called Jillian's & Lucky Strike Lanes, a combo bar and bowling alley. Main advantages are incredible seating availability and not one but two bars. Definitely bring cash for quicker service, as the bar tenders can be a bit sluggish. 21 and over only, sorry.

Here is the address:

145 Ipswich St, Boston, MA 02215

Pretty easy to get to using public transit. Take the green line to Kenmore Square, then walk a bit.

Edit: Forgot to mention the best part: Lots of pool tables! :D

IMG_1961.jpg

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Maybe I can find another pair of boots this weekend

Fashion boots only tho

Gotta be able to wear that ish again

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Man I think i got the PAX bug cause i'm actually jealous of y'all going to East, what time do the tickets usually go on sale? I think i'm gonna go next year, or maybe Australia I've never really left the country.

Also, could any Giant Bomb fans do me a solid and try and get me a set of these?
    http://www.giantbomb.com/pax-east-2015/3015-8401/forums/going-to-pax-east-get-yourself-some-tradin-cards-1766262/

I can totally paypal you some money for the cards + shipping. and while i'm asking I'd also be interested in whatever the Harmonix pin ends up being if it ends up being easy to get.

• Options
    tickets roughly go on sale oct/nov for east

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And next year the weather might actually be above arctic.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2015
    Ticket sales occur when Khoo needs to make some room in his office.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I don't believe I even own clothes warm enough for your normal winter.

• Options
    Last year it was in April and it was 60-70F outside while we were there. I was pretty pissed my husband was thinking he was all clever packing shorts and I only packed sleep shorts and had to tool around the convention floor in a pair of bike shorts to keep from dying of warm.

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    I remember when the PAX threads used to be about booze, bars, and bowling. Now everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over weather.

FOR SHAME

It's because people not from New England are soft*

*note that the frozen wastes of the upper mid-atlantic/midwest/Montana are exempted from this judgement. Also most of Canada.

• Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    cabsy wrote: »
    Last year it was in April and it was 60-70F outside while we were there. I was pretty pissed my husband was thinking he was all clever packing shorts and I only packed sleep shorts and had to tool around the convention floor in a pair of bike shorts to keep from dying of warm.

I was going back through some photos from last summer and I was having trouble remembering what it was like to have sunny skies and warm weather. It's getting to that time of year where I start to question whether summer is real and why it only lasts like 2 months.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I splashed in a puddle and my jeans froze. I thought that was pretty funny.

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    I am getting excite about this thing

I'm prepping my liver

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    *except for the few that are ok to setting up a large group of carbombs. :D

You mean rumple
    schuss wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »

FOR SHAME

It's because people not from New England are soft*

*note that the frozen wastes of the upper mid-atlantic/midwest/Montana are exempted from this judgement. Also most of Canada.

Nah, the alcoholics of the group just aren't attending this year.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    10 day forecast includes Thursday March 5 woo.

32 high 10 low oh my goddddddddddd

• Options
    OMG I'm going through my old phone photos to give some images for my panel and I really want to post some of these photos from PAXs past

• Options
    Do so!

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Welcome to Boston! This was on my commute this morning.

kFUfYs.jpg