Options

[Telltale] Tales from the Borderlands - Ep.3 "Catch a Ride" out now!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Yeah I realllllllllly liked that episode. It was awesome, had basically everything I wanted from a Telltale game experience. Story twists, emotional plot threads, creative dialog and plot line... This episode was pretty excellent.
    Oh my god, the Hyperion "shoot out"... holy shit, that was ridiculous. Also, scooter :bigfrown: I got so happy when I saw the See You, Space Cowboy as a choice. So good.

Here's my play, can skip to the end to see choices summary.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Tales Episode 4!!!! It was great, which was expected (because the whole series has been) and unexpected (Telltale has some trouble landing the penultimate episode without rushing it or straight up ignoring decision points that SHOULD be important).

Notes:
    -Scooter no!!!! I feel like BL2 was a lot more ambivalent as to whether Scooter was a nice, completely pathetic weirdo (another Claptrap in other words) or a genuinely human guy on a fucked up planet. Tales definitely went with the latter. I appreciated how if you admit to lying he's like "Yeah I know, I just felt like helping you." A very smooth bit of characterization, reversing the "he's such a dumbass, ha ha" line that's been going since we met him. I gave him a hug and spread his marketing tagline, it felt the most appropriate.
    -Fiona tried to help Athena with her relationship. Hopefully the ending of Pre-Sequel is a fake out of some kind...
    -I told Fiona and Sasha the truth about Jack. They (writers) tried to make it seem like a bad thing, but continuing to lie would be the REAL bad thing. My ship (the SS Rhysasha) remains afloat. The option to pull a Dwight from The Office with the horrible face scrap thing should appeal to players trying to sink this ship though. I laughed out loud that it was even a choice.
    -Gortys does not understand about cover stories and I might have hurt her feelings. Noooo : ( (The game hangs a HEAVY lampshade on this, and Rhys apologizes without the player even needing to tell him to. They know us well.)
    -I refused Jack's offer. Let's check the logic here... it was an offer... coming from Jack. DUH.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Been playing GoT on the plane. Episode 2 was really quite good, I'm looking forward to the rest.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So... On Xbox one, just finished season one of walking dead

Saved file is gone

I've tried hard resetting, signing in and out, and launching it from multiple locations. There is a 7 meg file still on the console, but in game, nothing

Yay. Fuck.

It seems I can still import the save into season 2 at least

Prohass on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Just finished Telltale's Borderlands. Loved the finale, it closed out the whole series nicely and I enjoyed the story line very much. I still thing Wolf Among Us is the best series, but this one is completely different and was hilarious.
    I found it really curious that my squad could only be three people, and I only had three choices to fill that squad. I killed Felix, I sent Cassius away for good, I didn't save enough money for vault hunters, and I didn't gloat about my vault hunterness enough to get Zero. So I rolled in with Athena, Spring, and August. And still the Gortys mech fight was so freakin' awesome. 100% enjoyed every minute of it.

In fact the only thing I didn't like about the episode was there were too many martyrs? Like literally everyone wanted to jump on the grenade to save the main characters in some way. It was really ridiculous, but I guess that's what the series is so good at, just going completely over the top bananas and still somehow working really well.

In short, I thought it was great. New order for me goes:

Wolf Among Us (only because I prefer mystery/noire)
    Borderlands (very very close second)
    Walking Dead S1
    Game of Thrones
    Walking Dead S2

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    Really liked ep1 of Minecraft. So much so I'm back into actual Minecraft :lol:

Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Options
    Episode 5 of Tales was excellent, seriously. They had a pretty smart way of bringing back previous choices that you may have assumed didn't matter by this point. I'm gonna post this in both TT and Borderlands threads, as neither are super active and I've love to chat it up about things. Now the spoiler thoughts and questions:
    -So how does a hostile loaderbot (if you tell him to blow up in episode 1) work out for the finale stuff? Is he angry but still helpful to Rhys the whole time?
    -So Athena confirmed not killed in The Pre-Sequel. Did we already know about this (I have not beaten TPS yet)? I'm glad of course, she's real cool.
    -How does siding with Jack the whole series go for the finale? Does he basically turn on you (I have to kill you for this to work, sorry bud) right at the start and then it goes the same way?
    -Can you screw up the Rhys x Sasha throughout the series or do you have to finally just deny it at the end of the game? I mean, I was shipping them HARD the entire time, but I'm curious if people who weren't holding the Olympic Torch for that ship saw everything the same way.
    -How does a team with Athena and Cassius work? Wouldn't she just try to kill him immediately?
    -So Loaderbot survived because he was lucky... and a robot, fine. But how did douche henchman #2 survive?! Did he just find another escape pod luckily? Despite the opening song showing how unlikely that would be?
    -Valerie's death didn't satisfy. She was an annoying "oh look at how extreme and cool this person is" type character that came out of nowhere for me (is she in another BDL game?) and then she just exits the story unceremoniously. Like... why even bother to register the choice for "did you allow her to help you up"? What a bullshit stat that was (and always seemed to be).

And finally, a category for how well the whole "flash forward" thing worked. Honestly... not super well? So in my game at least, the hostility Rhys shows to Fiona makes some sense, but her return hostility didn't really at all. They tried to justify it by the Jack thing, but it doesn't really wash by the way they're acting towards each other in the beginning of Episode 5. Further, the Stranger person has reason to be mad at Fiona, but again, no particular reason to be actively angry at Rhys specifically. The reason the Stranger is mad doesn't apply equally to both characters! I guess you could say the Stranger was just mad generally, but it feels like a false trail that doesn't match all choices equally well.

• Options
    X-posting from the SE Telltale thread.

Just finished GoT and well... I hated it. It was entertaining sure, but it has absolutely no satisfactory conclusion to it at all.
    Six fucking episodes and I still have no idea what the hell The North Grove even is? Are you serious Telltale!? No, screw that thing I'm marching back to rebuild my home since somehow Rodrick is still alive after being shot by two crossbow bolts, stabbed 3-4 times with a sword (One being impaled through the gut), and shot again with an arrow. And finally, I had to choose to either be a sex slave or be beheaded as Mira? Even if I had Margaery and Sera (+husband and whoever else) on my side? What the fuck iiiiiiiiiis this shit?

This is easily the worst Telltale series since before Walking Dead. At least TWDS2 had a satisfactory ending, even with all the story complications in the middle of it.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

Just finished GoT and well... I hated it. It was entertaining sure, but it has absolutely no satisfactory conclusion to it at all.
    Six fucking episodes and I still have no idea what the hell The North Grove even is? Are you serious Telltale!? No, screw that thing I'm marching back to rebuild my home since somehow Rodrick is still alive after being shot by two crossbow bolts, stabbed 3-4 times with a sword (One being impaled through the gut), and shot again with an arrow. And finally, I had to choose to either be a sex slave or be beheaded as Mira? Even if I had Margaery and Sera (+husband and whoever else) on my side? What the fuck iiiiiiiiiis this shit?

This is easily the worst Telltale series since before Walking Dead. At least TWDS2 had a satisfactory ending, even with all the story complications in the middle of it.
    Reading around in the forums, it seems choices had little consequence even when they made sense for them to have them.

Rodrick or Asher, Ludd or Gryff, March on Ironrath or no, and Mira alive or dead are pretty much everything that was a "choice."

Want to bet Mira gets killed, Garret decides to go back to the North Grove (in case you marched away), and the surviving Whitehill gets offed by the Boltons or someone?

I could've lived with a sequel, with some loose ends, but this left me without ending any particular arc, it's just not satisfying at all. I bet the North Grove is a thing in the next season (of the series/books) so that's why it wasn't mentioned too much.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Episode 5 of Tales was excellent, seriously. They had a pretty smart way of bringing back previous choices that you may have assumed didn't matter by this point. I'm gonna post this in both TT and Borderlands threads, as neither are super active and I've love to chat it up about things. Now the spoiler thoughts and questions:
    -So how does a hostile loaderbot (if you tell him to blow up in episode 1) work out for the finale stuff? Is he angry but still helpful to Rhys the whole time?
    -So Athena confirmed not killed in The Pre-Sequel. Did we already know about this (I have not beaten TPS yet)? I'm glad of course, she's real cool.
    -How does siding with Jack the whole series go for the finale? Does he basically turn on you (I have to kill you for this to work, sorry bud) right at the start and then it goes the same way?
    -Can you screw up the Rhys x Sasha throughout the series or do you have to finally just deny it at the end of the game? I mean, I was shipping them HARD the entire time, but I'm curious if people who weren't holding the Olympic Torch for that ship saw everything the same way.
    -How does a team with Athena and Cassius work? Wouldn't she just try to kill him immediately?
    -So Loaderbot survived because he was lucky... and a robot, fine. But how did douche henchman #2 survive?! Did he just find another escape pod luckily? Despite the opening song showing how unlikely that would be?
    -Valerie's death didn't satisfy. She was an annoying "oh look at how extreme and cool this person is" type character that came out of nowhere for me (is she in another BDL game?) and then she just exits the story unceremoniously. Like... why even bother to register the choice for "did you allow her to help you up"? What a bullshit stat that was (and always seemed to be).

And finally, a category for how well the whole "flash forward" thing worked. Honestly... not super well? So in my game at least, the hostility Rhys shows to Fiona makes some sense, but her return hostility didn't really at all. They tried to justify it by the Jack thing, but it doesn't really wash by the way they're acting towards each other in the beginning of Episode 5. Further, the Stranger person has reason to be mad at Fiona, but again, no particular reason to be actively angry at Rhys specifically. The reason the Stranger is mad doesn't apply equally to both characters! I guess you could say the Stranger was just mad generally, but it feels like a false trail that doesn't match all choices equally well.

To answer a few of your questions:
    I think he's bitter about it, but you eventually bring him around. I don't kow for sure because I never tell him to blow up, because I'm not a monster.

Ending for TPS spoilers:
    Lilith hears her finish her story, but she's still all pissed so she orders Athena's execution. Then a Deus Ex MachinaAlien shows up, catches the bullets, and tells them to knock it off and hug it out, because they're going to need all the Vault Hunters they can get.

Pretty much. He brings up this great idea of turning you into a skin-suit for this robot body. Hey, why are you so against this, buddy? It's awesome! I mean, sure, you'll die, but in a really gross and cool way!

I'm pretty sure you can only get Cassius if you talk Athena out of her Murder All Atlas mentality in episode 3, so it's not an issue.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015

Yeah, I posted my thoughts in the PSN thread but I played through the entire game over 3-4 days earlier in the week. The first four episodes had me thinking this was going to be a middle of the road game like TWD S2 but I still had some hope they'd redeem it with the last two. Then I played them and yeah... Garbage writing. Garbage game design.

Worst part is that it doesn't even feel like a Game of Thrones game, it felt like a Walking Dead game in the Game of Thrones universe.
    Sure, awful shit happens to your favourite characters in the books/show but there's always other characters that will pull you back in. In this game, everything is bleak, everyone dies, so why should I give a shit about anything? I didn't. The last twenty minutes must've had six or seven important character dying and I didn't give a shit.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So, if you missed the news: Telltale is doing a Walking Dead spinoff with Michonne and Batman.

Given how fantastic their take on Borderlands was, I'm happy with Telltale getting ALL the IP.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'd love to play a Walking Dead spinoff with Michonne and Batman.

Separately, I'm not quite as interested.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I hope Kevin Conroy is on board for Batman. I like Michonne, so that will be cool, but I'd really love TWD S3...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I see the Batman game being a lot like TWAU.

Speaking of... I know they had a TWAU2 scripted, and they said they had the actual production of that game on the back-burner, due to GoT and Minecraft Story Mode taking a higher priority.

With them announcing Batman and a new TWD, where does that put us with TWAU2? I really need more TWAU. It's still my favorite Telltale game.

• Options
    I just hope Fables ending doesn't put the kibosh on there ever being another The Wolf Among Us.

• Options
    I finished Tales From the Borderlands last night.

Overall, fantastic Telltale game. It maintains their high quality of storytelling.

However...
    I found the ending to be extremely un-fulfilling. Everything wrapped up just a little too cleanly. This is the world of Borderlands and Pandora. I was not expecting a happy ending at all, and they went with Mega Happy.

It was like the end of Wayne's World when they do the Mega Happy Ending and then everything works out just perfectly. That's what hapepened here. And while I don't have a problem with a happy ending per se, I do have a problem with how forced and contrived it felt.

I mean, yes, I knew there would be something significant with Sasha's gift, since they withheld that reveal for half the story. But then when it turned out to be a magical healing/resurrection device at just the right time... it just broke all suspension of disbelief.

• Options
    Finished Game of Thrones Episode 6/Season 1. Welp... that was some kind of something.
    I killed Gryff and Mira died because she wouldn't agree to sacrifice her only ally and then march into Sansa's situation from Season 5 (the super fun enemy's rape dungeon). Momma Forrester got stabbed because she randomly joined the battle? Lol okay. Ludd got away but he doesn't have any heirs that I know about. Since I killed all of them. Heh. So Rodrick who apparently shares Deadpool's regeneration powers (this is twice now!), Royland (I thought he got stabbed a bunch too? Or was it the Uncle who lived? Confused now.), Talia, Ryon, Beshka, and Duncan are survivors. Rodrick's wife was kidnapped (that's a whoopsy, but I kind of doubted Telltale would respect my choice to send her away because they are liars and cheats this season). Next season, shit sucks some more!

No but seriously, if you save Mira, I assume she won't be playable considering 76% of people did what I did and had her die instead. What a poor effort from Telltale, they really need to put their heads together and figure out how to make a sequel less fucked.

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I am deeply grateful that TWD2 eroded my trust in Telltale enough that I held off on getting GoT before reading some impressions. Everything I've read about it has made it sound thoroughly unenjoyable.

It'll be interesting to see how well the sequel is received though, and TFtB was great enough that I have high hopes I'll get a game I enjoy from them soon.

• Options
    What does everyone think of their Minecraft game? The fourth episode came out tomorrow, I think.

I bought the season pass immediately after finishing TFtB and deciding it was great enough I needed to throw some money at Telltale.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Vic wrote: »
    I am deeply grateful that TWD2 eroded my trust in Telltale enough that I held off on getting GoT before reading some impressions. Everything I've read about it has made it sound thoroughly unenjoyable.

It'll be interesting to see how well the sequel is received though, and TFtB was great enough that I have high hopes I'll get a game I enjoy from them soon.

Truly Kenny was a sign of the coming dark ages.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    What does everyone think of their Minecraft game? The fourth episode came out tomorrow, I think.

I bought the season pass immediately after finishing TFtB and deciding it was great enough I needed to throw some money at Telltale.

I like it. It's light hearted, but still pretty serious with a world ending threat. It's a nice break from the gloomier Telltale stuff. Plus, Patton Oswalt is the voice of the Male main character which is cool. Also Paul Reubens is in the game too. Alot of good or interesting voice talent, actually.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I wouldn't say Telltale's Game of Thrones is thoroughly unenjoyable, but it's definitely a very mediocre game with a underwhelming "dark" story with no real ending unless you buy the future seasons.

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I finished Tales From the Borderlands last night.

Overall, fantastic Telltale game. It maintains their high quality of storytelling.

However...
    I found the ending to be extremely un-fulfilling. Everything wrapped up just a little too cleanly. This is the world of Borderlands and Pandora. I was not expecting a happy ending at all, and they went with Mega Happy.

It was like the end of Wayne's World when they do the Mega Happy Ending and then everything works out just perfectly. That's what hapepened here. And while I don't have a problem with a happy ending per se, I do have a problem with how forced and contrived it felt.

I mean, yes, I knew there would be something significant with Sasha's gift, since they withheld that reveal for half the story. But then when it turned out to be a magical healing/resurrection device at just the right time... it just broke all suspension of disbelief.
    I think 'magical' is a little unfair. Healing devices are a thing that exists in Borderlands. You can get healing in your shields, you can get healing in your grenades. It's not like it brought back the dead.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Magical in the sense that it was a total deus ex machina plot device that was just a little too convenient in it's reveal. That one scene pretty much cheapened and ruined the whole end for me.

• Options
    I'm just happy a certain something from Borderlands was kept very, VERY hidden in TFtB.
    Namely, Claptrap. I dig Clappy, but he tends to overwhelm every scene he's in. He was EXTREMELY well used when he appeared. (And yes, I managed to blunder into him.) Nice weird balance between "this is great" and "welp, I'm boned."

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I'm just happy a certain something from Borderlands was kept very, VERY hidden in TFtB.
    Namely, Claptrap. I dig Clappy, but he tends to overwhelm every scene he's in. He was EXTREMELY well used when he appeared. (And yes, I managed to blunder into him.) Nice weird balance between "this is great" and "welp, I'm boned."
    Totally agree. I was wondering where he was, and was a little disappointed that he wasn't around.

Then I got to the end and I picked my team. I picked Athena and Springs, and my 3rd choice was the old guy, forget his name. But then he leaves me a holo telling me where a shitload of money is, and the next thing I know, the Mysterious Vault Hunter joins my party and BLAM. Claptrap.

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    Just beat this, I think it might be my favorite TT game so far.

• Options
    Haha, oh man, I just beat Game of Thrones (Season 1). It's gotta be like my third favorite game from TTG, but I haven't played Borderlands or Minecraft yet.

Thoughts:
    If you're pissed that the game ends on a down note, I have to assume you're unfamiliar with Game of Thrones. The book's pattern is basically: 1, Make you like someone. 2, Take away everything that character has. 3, Kill them. But putting the players in the driver's seat, and essentially make them unable to "fix" the story... well, shit, isn't that what TTG games are about? They're story games in which you're given an extremely small amount of latitude to alter how things play out. TTG was just true to GoT in this case.

I doubt we'll play House Forester in the next game. Likely some other small noble house, wherein we see some of the choices we made in a tertiary fashion. Nature of the beast, and all that.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Haha, oh man, I just beat Game of Thrones (Season 1). It's gotta be like my third favorite game from TTG, but I haven't played Borderlands or Minecraft yet.

Thoughts:
    If you're pissed that the game ends on a down note, I have to assume you're unfamiliar with Game of Thrones. The book's pattern is basically: 1, Make you like someone. 2, Take away everything that character has. 3, Kill them. But putting the players in the driver's seat, and essentially make them unable to "fix" the story... well, shit, isn't that what TTG games are about? They're story games in which you're given an extremely small amount of latitude to alter how things play out. TTG was just true to GoT in this case.

I doubt we'll play House Forester in the next game. Likely some other small noble house, wherein we see some of the choices we made in a tertiary fashion. Nature of the beast, and all that.

I'm well familiar with GoT. The problem is, the game excitedly picks up the show's most attention grabbing traits (ultra violence, "heroes" losing, shock twists) and none of the traits that soften those blows (real character depth even for the "villains", the "heroes" often succeeding as well as failing, humor and less horrible human traits coming across). It's obvious what kind of shlock Telltale resorted to when even the best show characters come off as OOC dick heads.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    When I finished Chapter 1 of the GoT game, I was like "This is AMAZING! It's like playing an episode form the show!!" When I finished the entire thing, I was more like "That was bullshit! Nothing I did made any difference, and that was the most depressing story ever!"

Seriously, play the Tales from the Borderlands game instead. Or Life is Strange. At least the horrible choices you have to make there feel like they mean something.

26904.png
  • Options
    GoT spoilers
    The villains don't get character depth until they start taking the spotlight as the new "heroes." What depth did Jaime Lannister have before Caitlyn sends Brienne to return him to his father (and he loses a hand)? Cersei can still be summed up as "conniving whore," Tywin died as he lived (an asshole), and the only depth to Ramsey Bolton we see is his unrelenting sadism.

What success did Ned Stark have? His attempts to restore the throne to a Baratheon by birth have been permanently ended. Rob, for all his military acumen, did not succeed in stabilising the North. Jon Snow is dead, killed by those he was trying to protect.

The game is absolutely in line with its source material, bleak as it may be.

• Options
    Stupid wrote: »
    When I finished Chapter 1 of the GoT game, I was like "This is AMAZING! It's like playing an episode form the show!!" When I finished the entire thing, I was more like "That was bullshit! Nothing I did made any difference, and that was the most depressing story ever!"

Seriously, play the Tales from the Borderlands game instead. Or Life is Strange. At least the horrible choices you have to make there feel like they mean something.
    There's at least one choice you make in GoT that makes a difference:
    Whether it's Asher or Rodrick that lives.
    As much as I love TWDs1, I'm not sure I can even say that much about it. Lasting change is not a thing to be seen in any of these digital storybook games.

• Options
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    GoT spoilers
    The villains don't get character depth until they start taking the spotlight as the new "heroes." What depth did Jaime Lannister have before Caitlyn sends Brienne to return him to his father (and he loses a hand)? Cersei can still be summed up as "conniving whore," Tywin died as he lived (an asshole), and the only depth to Ramsey Bolton we see is his unrelenting sadism.

What success did Ned Stark have? His attempts to restore the throne to a Baratheon by birth have been permanently ended. Rob, for all his military acumen, did not succeed in stabilising the North. Jon Snow is dead, killed by those he was trying to protect.

The game is absolutely in line with its source material, bleak as it may be.

This isn't the GoT thread, so I think spoilers are... dangerous here? That said (don't read if you're not caught up fully in the show):
    The thing about villains is wrong. Tyrion was developed at the first and the questionable character Theon Greyjoy started his development immediately afterwards. We began learning more about Jaime the moment he was captured, Rob died much later on. NONE of the villain characters in the game receive even a single INTERESTING characteristic. Oh, Whitehill likes his sons? WHAT A HUGE REVELATION?! In fact, the only developments that occur are people turn out to be worse than you expected. Margaery abandons her handmaiden to raping for life or just straight up execution because of... occasional social awkwardness? That same handmaiden's one possible ally is a rapist monster on par with the worst in the series. The Knight's Watch doesn't recognize self defense as a defense in a murder case?

Regarding good outcomes vs bad, you're skipping every plotline that would be inconvenient. Dany defeated basically every opponent and now has her dragon under some kind of control and could maybe re-recruit the Dothraki. Tyrion got revenge on his evil fucking Dad and escaped to lead a major city. Arya seems to be in a bad position, but it could be just a stepping stone in her ninja assassin training. Sansa at least escaped (the game seems to be based on Sansa's shitty plotline more than anything, come to think of it...) Even Jon died right next to a magic person with possible powers over life and death!

Meanwhile in the game, everyone dies or is tricked and then is told they suck for dying and being tricked. The ending is so fucking "rocks fall and everyone dies" it's not even funny. It is also singularly the worst TT game at recognizing choice. Refuse to betray your friend for your job and position's sake? You are murdered or raped forever. Take the utilitarian path and betray your friend? Umm... we thought that ending was dramatic, so the exact same thing happens. Tell your secret army to stay home and guard your castle while you go to a dangerous meeting? They are ambushed and the leader is flayed to death. Tell them to come with you instead? Umm... they are ambushed in the five seconds after you come back and Ramsay Bolton warps time and space to flay the exact same amount out of the leader in the one minute between you entering the gate, SPEAKING TO HIM, and then heading into the woods ON HIS DIRECTIONS before you get there. Yes, Ramsay can flay someone equally well in the time it takes to walk around your compound as he can in the better part of 2 days.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options
    LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ahaha, Tales from the Borderland is fantastic. Playing ep3 now.

I think the intro to episode 4 is my favourite Telltale thing so far.

QPPHj1J.jpg
  • Options
    OK, Tales from the Borderlands was phenomenal and quite possibly edges out Wolf Among Us for my second favorite TTG.

That said...
    ...what? What horrible choices? The vast majority of them were either super fluffy or tongue-in-cheek.

I think there were like six choices that had impact in the game...
    ...and five I didn't know about until the last scene:
    Told Brick and Mordecai that Fiona was a Vault Hunter
    Told Springs that Athena loved her
    Didn't tell Felix about the bomb
    Didn't blame August for shit that wasn't his fault
    Didn't kill crazy Atlas scientist guy

The sixth is probably rejecting Jack / accepting him and becoming the Helios President. I assume he just turns on you there regardless? I mean he's Jack.

But I did love how they were mixed in to conversation and not like *SUPER IMPORTANT MOMENT, MAKE A CHOICE*, feels way more organic that way.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    OK, Tales from the Borderlands was phenomenal and quite possibly edges out Wolf Among Us for my second favorite TTG.

That said...
    ...what? What horrible choices? The vast majority of them were either super fluffy or tongue-in-cheek.

I think there were like six choices that had impact in the game...
    ...and five I didn't know about until the last scene:
    Told Brick and Mordecai that Fiona was a Vault Hunter
    Told Springs that Athena loved her
    Didn't tell Felix about the bomb
    Didn't blame August for shit that wasn't his fault
    Didn't kill crazy Atlas scientist guy

The sixth is probably rejecting Jack / accepting him and becoming the Helios President. I assume he just turns on you there regardless? I mean he's Jack.

But I did love how they were mixed in to conversation and not like *SUPER IMPORTANT MOMENT, MAKE A CHOICE*, feels way more organic that way.
    I think the last one that matters is
    Keep AI-Jack alive or crush the eyepiece. I mean, long-term that might mean something, but within this batch of episodes, it doesn't.

sig.gif