As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sunless [chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I find it incredibly amusing that apparently people often find me intimidating when they first meet me.

It is just so silly, knowing what kind of person I actually am.

I honestly wish I knew how it is I pull that off.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    sarah has expressed interest before in cosplay, which is kinda shocking because she pretty much hates all nerd stuff

yeah years ago wife was like

hey, maybe it would be cool to go to ComiCon and I was like

uhhhhhhhhh

I'm not sure it's really your scene but hey sounds fun why not

(we didn't end up going though)

On our first date, my GF confessed to me "I'm into this thing... it's kinda nerdy but I like it... it's called cosplay."

That's how I knew she was a keeper.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    sarah has expressed interest before in cosplay, which is kinda shocking because she pretty much hates all nerd stuff

uhhhhhhhhh

I did it once with my wife, it was p cool but mostly waiting in lines and sitting in rooms.

But you're in San Diego so the weather is nice. We turned it into a week where were did like 3 days of Comic Con, drove to SoCal/LA to visit friends and then did a few nights in Vegas before flying back

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »
    Gonmun wrote: »
    I swear I'm going to make it to PAX East someday. :cry:

I got my wife to agree to go to a PAX. I am hopeful that she will love it and we will make it a yearly thing but realistically it will probably end up a one time thing.

One night the wife and I were mentioning how I need to finally get my passport.

"Yeah...then we should plan a trip to Boston. Been so long since I was in Boston. Maybe sometime in the early spring or something."

"Yeah, that sounds nice."

"Maybe make it a whole weekend or something."

"...wait...this is for you game thing isn't it?!"

>_>

BUSTED

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

uhhhhhhhhh

I lived in fucking san diego for 3 years and never made it : (

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    ... I like the saber crossguard.

Also, there is nothing keeping them from having the metal that houses the saber to be beskar iron (the mandalorian stuff that can resist/deflect a saber).

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    I was just upfront about it

yes I have nerd friends on the internet

I would like to go meet them once please humor me

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    I'm also pretty disappointed that the "Russian Business Lunch" at the restaurant down the street with all the cute russian girls was not a euphemism.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I guess he was aiming for a similar moment as the prequel's first trailer with the double ended light saber. I feel confident the next one will have a Catherine wheel of light sabers or a curved one or one with a rotating helix shape or something.

Lightsaber guitar

Trailer will end with a sick solo where the last ringing chord harmonises perfectly with the saber activation noise

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Also, there is nothing keeping them from having the metal that houses the saber to be beskar iron (the mandalorian stuff that can resist/deflect a saber).

I really just don't get the whole freaking out about the saber cross guard.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Some people just want an excuse to dress up.

Halloween excites me for this reason. I can wear whatever the fuck I want and people say cool instead of being weird and judgy and (more) body policey.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Dogs are the best. Service dogs are even better

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Aioua don't stress about names, I'm horrible at remembering people's names and have grown comfortable with just telling people that up front.

As for me, I do answer to Bel(le) or even Belasco since I've been a part of hosting online groups meeting each other for years. Belle is pretty much a nickname at this point, heck, even our kids know that's me :)

My actual name, however, is Jessica...though Tony/spool calls me Jess, which ends up with a lot of people who know him through me also calling me Jess - this is something I've gotten accustomed to and even find affectionate. I will stab someone reflexively if they call me "Jessy", though. Only my close family call me "Jessy" - ONLY them.

I do have a kneejerk reaction to "Mom!" or "MoooOOOOooooOOOooommm!" both of which will bring my undivided attention down upon the speaker - for better or worse depending upon the situation. You've been warned.

Ah, and as a surprise for PAX South folk who will be there on Friday - spool15 and spool17 will be with us :biggrin: We went through all kinds of stuff so people got to meet spool15 at PAX East, and then they only got to meet him for a minute. This year, we've given our sons day passes for their birthdays which just happened. They'll be leaving us on Friday night, however, because there's really only so much parenting one wants to do while shelling $Texas for a hotel room and hanging out with other nerds people.

The boys might respond to their forum nicknames, but we'll introduce them properly to anyone brave enough to meet two of our teenagers :)

Well . . . damn.

Now I really want to go.

:cry::cry::cry:

I really want you to come!!!

I've even got a whole lecture in mind about why you should come, but I'm being good and keeping my virtual mouth shut *sage nod*

Awww!

I really want to, but I'd probably be in quasi-boy mode, and I really don't know how I feel about that right now.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I guess he was aiming for a similar moment as the prequel's first trailer with the double ended light saber. I feel confident the next one will have a Catherine wheel of light sabers or a curved one or one with a rotating helix shape or something.

Lightsaber guitar

Trailer will end with a sick solo where the last ringing chord harmonises perfectly with the saber activation noise

Darth Slash.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Richy wrote: »

uhhhhhhhhh

On our first date, my GF confessed to me "I'm into this thing... it's kinda nerdy but I like it... it's called cosplay."

That's how I knew she was a keeper.

Did you then show her the forums?

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    TehSloth wrote: »
    wait no one of my favorite noodle dish is northern thai dish, khao soi, i got a good version of it the other day with @syndalis‌

it is from chiang mai area of thailand, i've not seen it at many restos in the US (but we went to a northern thai specific resto) and i've had a few mediocre versions of it but

1024px-Khao_soi_Chiang_Mai.jpg
    egg noodles, spicysour curry broth, usually some chicken drumsticks that are super tender, these awesome pickles on the side, that chili paste to add to taste omg omg omgomogmogmogmgogmogmogmogmog
    omogmogmogogmggggmggmgmggggggg

there were so many more noodle soups in thailand than expected, there are so many

I'll have to see if my local place has that -- it is called chiang mai so you'd think they'd have the region figured out

see if they also have like

nam prik noom

it's this green chili dipping paste basically that is super flavorful and you dip whatever in it (meat, sticky rice, steamed veggies)

and it's
    so
    fucking
    good

i had it from some street stands in chiang rai, but synd got it when we dinnered the other day and it was pretty dang close

(actually lol, in chiang rai pork rinds are also really popular so they are a good thing to dip in nam prik noom
    nam-prik-noom-93149599810.jpeg
    500x better than chips and dip)

@Shazkar Shadowstorm‌ Yeah that whole meal was aces.

Would do again.

Shame it is like the other side of the world for me to get there.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    re: concepts and cliffhangers

Recently read an interview that dished out details on some of the writers from Lost. Admitted that they were just making shit up with no payoff in mind.

My smug face was so large that day because I never invested any time in the show in response to the plots that I thought were made up Bullshit

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »
    I find it incredibly amusing that apparently people often find me intimidating when they first meet me.

I've seen pics of you

they definitely aren't intimidated by your appearance

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    My friends and I cosplay as deceased American Presidents. Mostly while robbing banks in the LA area.

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

Some people just want an excuse to dress up.

Halloween excites me for this reason. I can wear whatever the fuck I want and people say cool instead of being weird and judgy and (more) body policey.

Everyone wins!

• Options
    I meant that in a you are not some hulking scary guy way not in a you are totes ugly way

• Options
    but to be fair

• Options
    Ooh, ooh, wolverine-style saber claws

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I'm also pretty disappointed that the "Russian Business Lunch" at the restaurant down the street with all the cute russian girls was not a euphemism.

I had lunch at a russian place with @eddy once and the waitress was super fly and they were playing some foreign cartoon on the TV the whole time

9046549458_16df797e3b.jpg

and then we got day drunk

9046548454_9621c04797.jpg

• Options
    My friends and I cosplay as deceased American Presidents. Mostly while robbing banks in the LA area.

Woah.....

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

Some people find me intimidating cuz of my townie mystique

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    @‌Shaz can you send that meal 2 me pls

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

Dogs are the best. Service dogs are even better

While that is adorable it does remind me of some of the bullshit cops get away with "because the dog signaled"

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I want to know what people think when meeting me. Besides "she has long hair," which apparently lots of people do.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

I really just don't get the whole freaking out about the saber cross guard.

the pause before the crossguard lights up struck me as a bit too on-the-nose

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    i don't think people find me intimidating but i have resting shark face so sometimes it seems people assume i don't like them or i come off grouchy or whatevs

• Options
    Skippy. Are you collecting Eds

y/y

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    japan wrote: »
    Ooh, ooh, wolverine-style saber claws

Thinking about it, I am morbidly certain that this exists as a fanfic somewhere

• Options
    Winky post a selfie.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

I want to know what people think when meeting me. Besides "she has long hair," which apparently lots of people do.

well, I know that you look like a scary crayfish when you raise your arms.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Most people initially think I look angry.

Because I am.

Always.

So angry.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    i don't think people find me intimidating but i have resting shark face so sometimes it seems people assume i don't like them or i come off grouchy or whatevs

you might seem tougher if you got rid of the bieber hairdo

• Options

you might seem tougher if you got rid of the bieber hairdo

why i never

• Options
    Skippy. Are you collecting Eds

y/y

I have met with and made love to the three primary eds of chat yes

This discussion has been closed.