As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MINNESOTA]! That thing Sean Bean said, it's true.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

I'm trying to convince my wife to do both festivals this year but Duluth is literally out of hotel rooms for the day of their festival.

Well, decent hotel rooms.

We stayed at the Radison there for like... 80$ last time and it was alright. Kind of a terrifying elevator though. Doors kind of slam open.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I'm going to the St. Paul Summer Beer Fest thingy!

I go every year.

If anyone else is going, we should arrange to meet up at some point.

@Raijin Quickfoot did you get VIP tickets?

And why is there a Raijin Dickfoot?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    No, I"m not getting VIP tickets.

This is weird...Raijin Dickfoot has existed for probably 10 years and I've been asked about 4 times in the last couple of weeks.

Basically I locked a thread back in the day. The guy who made that thread made another called "More Like Raijin Dickfoot"

so I made it my alt.

• Options
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/lincolnthompson/may-day-minneapolis#.dvYqpB16NE

I'm going to the Minneapolis May Day parade! This Sunday!

rkxkj4fyk4p0.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tickets and hotel room for the Summer Beer Fest have been booked.

• Options
    I'm posting another one, because these puppets are too awesome not to.

qqwdbly5reyg.jpg

• Options
    Ok... So who is going to the St. Paul beer festival on the 6th besides myself?

Also to make Minnesota cooler, I just learned that the bard of the Thong Song, Sisqo, lives in Maple Grove.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Maybe we could do something at the FFG center in Roseville some time? It has free boardgames and pretty good food.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Ok... So who is going to the St. Paul beer festival on the 6th besides myself?

Also to make Minnesota cooler, I just learned that the bard of the Thong Song, Sisqo, lives in Maple Grove.

Oh shit! Sisqo? I'm going to have to go find where he hangs out now and hang out there with him.
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Maybe we could do something at the FFG center in Roseville some time? It has free boardgames and pretty good food.

Yes, I would do this. The or any brewpub or brewery. Or some restaurant on a slow day. Or any event.

I'm basically down for anything. I have boardgames in my car nearly all the time too, so I'm prepared.

Edit: I'm free weeknights, and days on weekends.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    A friend and I are at the FFG almost every Wed for boardgame night.

• Options
    I'm going to St Paul Beer Fest on the 6th! VIP Tickets!!

If you guys want to do a boardgame night, just pick a day and I can try to go. Wednesdays are kind of not my day, it's gaming night with some other friends of mine, but I can see if that could get moved if nothing else works.

• Options

If you guys want to do a boardgame night, just pick a day and I can try to go. Wednesdays are kind of not my day, it's gaming night with some other friends of mine, but I can see if that could get moved if nothing else works.

Man, I really want to go, but I just don't think I can justify spending 45 dollars on beer right now. Plus I'd have no way to get home.

@Magic Pink perhaps I will come out there to the FFG place on a Wednesday. I dunno about tonight. It's a bit of a drive, and traffic will suck around then...

• Options
    JebusUD wrote: »

Man, I really want to go, but I just don't think I can justify spending 45 dollars on beer right now. Plus I'd have no way to get home.

@Magic Pink perhaps I will come out there to the FFG place on a Wednesday. I dunno about tonight. It's a bit of a drive, and traffic will suck around then...

especially with the fireball that happened on 35W!

we played Transylvania Curses and Traitors, which absolutely blows, and Shipyard, which is multra awesome.

• Options
    The hotel my wife and I are staying at has a shuttle to and from the beer fest.

We didn't do VIP though.

• Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    i didnt know there were enough MN people here to make a thread. this was fun to read. And thanks for mentioning mallrats, i grew up in EP and that movie is a fun reminder of the good old EP center before they gutted it and did a full remodel.

11295727_968634456509499_5246700902272979302_n.jpg?oh=53e4271a7173adf4473ea2c1e0e77553&oe=55F58D5C

Thats the view from my place in minneapolis, now you know where i live

• Options
    I just learned there is a Beardsley, MN and now I must go there.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    What the heck is a juicy lucy

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Paladin wrote: »

A mouth orgasm, in burger form.

It's a burger stuffed with cheese (and sometimes other things like bacon, for instance) and cooked. So delicious.

• Options

It's a burger stuffed with cheese (and sometimes other things like bacon, for instance) and cooked. So delicious.

its an overrated burger.
    yeah, i said it.

they cook better when you dont jam stuff inside them, put toppings on the top

• Options
    Petesalzl wrote: »
    i didnt know there were enough MN people here to make a thread. this was fun to read. And thanks for mentioning mallrats, i grew up in EP and that movie is a fun reminder of the good old EP center before they gutted it and did a full remodel.

11295727_968634456509499_5246700902272979302_n.jpg?oh=53e4271a7173adf4473ea2c1e0e77553&oe=55F58D5C

Thats the view from my place in minneapolis, now you know where i live

You're on the list now. Branded forever!

• Options
    I also learned that Beardsley has a population of 233 and it's all white.

• Options
    petesazl
    Petesalzl wrote: »

its an overrated burger.
    yeah, i said it.

they cook better when you dont jam stuff inside them, put toppings on the top

I dunno. Matt's Juicy Lucy is pretty good.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Yup, that sounds like a small midwestern town all right. Every single person in that town is probably descended from the same handful of immigrant families.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Yup, that sounds like a small midwestern town all right. Every single person in that town is probably descended from the same handful of immigrant families.

well there's tom, and janice, and tom (the other one), and susan...

• Options
    i will agree that juicy lucys are overrated crap. the whole idea is just a silly. A good burger is a good burger no matter where you put the dang cheese. matt's is particularly bad because of the "no ice no napkins no ketchup because we're cool" BS.

and i know of 4 places ALONE that have the "original" juicy lucy.

it is the hill i will die on

• Options
    I was actually going to make a joke about Magic Pink not liking Juicy Lucys.....

• Options
    Yeah well you weren't fast enough were ya?

• Options
    I was not. :(

• Options
    ha HA!

• Options
    there is a place by me that my friends really love to go to when they visit called crooked pint. in their burger list it says lucys, and then proceeds to list like 8 burgers that are all lucys, however below that it outside of the lucy list, it has specialty burgers.... but theyre all lucys too.

the only obvious solution was to get rid of all of my friends.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    At the restaurant Hell's Kitchen they have a section that has the names of all of the MN cities between the booths. I only took a few pictures but here they are. This is the first time I had heard of Beardsley.

MNz8Jjy.jpg
    Eo98V15.jpg
    cdacyGD.jpg

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Brainerd! Wooooo!

• Options
    @perrsun if you're wondering hodafaq that is on XBL it is me.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Question are there good korean BBQ places in Minneapolis

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    It is nearly June and all I can think of is the state fair. As someone with some serious social dandruff, this is the one time I can guarantee being in the cities. So..lemme know if there is a meetup. I'll probably use my week vacation around that time assuming I'm at the same job.

• Options
    State fair would be something I would meet at.

• Options
    Oh yeah, we'll probably go this year. Haven't decided on bringing the kids or not though. If it's hot they'll whine endlessly.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    @perrsun if you're wondering hodafaq that is on XBL it is me.

I was confused at first, and then I realized what that little icon on the friends feed meant. Friend requests look different now :P

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    So this summer my girlfriend and I are trying to get into hiking/backpacking. Right now we are planning on doing the Split Rock River Loop but I thought maybe someone in the Minnesota thread might have a suggestion for beginner trails.

• Options
    I always enjoyed Hiking in the Quarry park in St Cloud. Nature and man made history together. They don't have the longest trails but it is pretty and interesting. You could spend a few hours there.