As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Steam] cleared and from the City Skyline you can see Ori out in the forest.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Outland is on sale because Housemarque is hosting some sort of event this week I think.

So is this a week long sale? Can I wait till later to maybe buy?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »
    Well damn.

I'm no pacifist but at least having the option to complete such a game without killing anyone was always fun.

That dream sequence in MGS3 without any ghosts was a little strange, but satisfying.

Playing a pacifist either as a stylistic choice, or a moral perspective was always a fun alternative.

Vidya games are great.

I never knew I liked playing like that until i did a nonlethal complete ghost Deus Ex HR run and it was pretty much the most fun I've ever had with a game so now I kind of try to be sneaky in every game, even ones that won't allow it

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Does the newest thief allow that as a possibility?

Might get it if that's an option.

Might just replay the original thief games regardless.

Garrett is the best.
    Ugh, it's a throne room. How pretentious can you get...

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    also it's pretty hilarious how upgraded the 4 guns get by the end.

Lara uses duct tape on WWII Japanese SMG. What? WWII Japanese SMG is evolving!

Congratulations, WWII Japanese SMG evolved into AK-47!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I love the opening credits that run at the start of each Last Door episode. Great music, and scenes. I hunted around on youtube for a bit and couldn't find it anywhere, just trailers and full let's plays.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Sherlock Holmes: Awakened is another lovecraftian game. Has you investigating a cult of cthulu.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    So glad VC went on sale again. Enjoying the shit out of it (A/S rank mission 7 first time with the ace) I am using guides for the aces but that is it.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

Having actually built a rifle from parts, I found the upgrade system both dumbfounding and hilarious.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Outland is on sale because Housemarque is hosting some sort of event this week I think.

So is this a week long sale? Can I wait till later to maybe buy?

Not sure. The event is on Thursday so at least until then I'd wager.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

Having actually built a rifle from parts, I found the upgrade system both dumbfounding and hilarious.

It's almost on par with Saints Row 3/4 weapons upgrades.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, around 70% done with the Tidalis campaign and I may need to take a break. Individual levels are becoming entirely too luck-based depending on what map initially appears.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Krummith wrote: »
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Krummith wrote: »
    I finished Dragon Age Origins! Woo!
    Now to delve into the DLC that came with it.
    I'm also trying to decide if I should play DA2 next, or not.
    By the DLC do you mean Awakening? That's what you should play next. It's a pretty good length on its own.

Yeah, I'm working through the DLC. I finished Darkspawn Chronicles, and am working on Leliana's Song. Next comes Awakenings.

Also, I know this isn't the GOG thread, but I just found out that Toonstruck is now available. I loved that game back in the day.

Edit: Posted here because it got lost in the old thread

Awakening is probably the longest, most detailed, and certainly the one with the closest link to the main campaign.
    I appear to be the only person who liked Golems of Amgarrak, which is both quite clever and brutally hard. I think ti tried to do a few things which didn't quite work, but it's worth a go.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular

Garrett is the best.

that's made even better in the blooper reel

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    The Long Dark is brutal. Every time I feel like I can push myself further because I know how the game works, I get reminded that I don't know jack. This isn't a spoiler, it's just me rambling about The Long Dark:
    For example when I start a new game, I go looking for a rifle at a few specific spots. On my way I was lucky enough to come across two deer carcasses, so I harvest them for meat, hide and gut. Normally I would just take the meat and keep going, but I figured the leather and gut would be handy to make some boots, so I harvest it. It was colder out than I thought, and I ended up getting down to 45% health. By the time I get inside somewhere and get a fire going, I'm at 20% health. But hey, I have a fire, some food, and a rifle now. I'm doing great! Apparently the boots will take me 12 hours to make, so I wanted to get a stockpile of wood so that my fire wouldn't go out while I was crafting. I popped out to forage wood 3 times, but on the 3rd time I wasn't watching to see how cold I was getting, and I harvested for too long. I had also forgotten I was low on health, so by the time I saw it start to tick down, I had faded into The Long Dark...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    @Shimshai - the REAL/original Garrett was the best.
    New, terrible Garrett is meh.

vamen on
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    So Counter-Strike: Global Offensive had some drama the past few weeks when it was found out that some teams threw matches to win lots of skins on betting sites.

A big better asked a team to lose their match in exchange for some weapon skins yesterday. They agreed. So the better put up a good $10.000 worth of skins as bet.

And then the team that was asked to lose said match played seriously and won. Told everyone what had happened and what the better tried to do.

Better gets banned from the betting site. Loses 10k. Too funny.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    So Counter-Strike: Global Offensive had some drama the past few weeks when it was found out that some teams threw matches to win lots of skins on betting sites.

A big better asked a team to lose their match in exchange for some weapon skins yesterday. They agreed. So the better put up a good $10.000 worth of skins as bet.

And then the team that was asked to lose said match played seriously and won. Told everyone what had happened and what the better tried to do.

Is that kind of win/win for them? If they try to win but still lose, then they get all the skins.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    $10,000 worth of skins?!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Iolo wrote: »
    $10,000 worth of skins?!

On the first day of a recent tournament people bet 4,5 million dollars worth of skins. Betting is a pretty huge thing in CSGO currently.

Certain rare weapon skins (often knives) can be sold for thousands of dollars.

Isorn on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    $10,000 worth of skins?!

On the first day of a recent tournament people bet 4,5 million dollars worth of skins. Betting is a pretty huge thing in CSGO currently.

I don't understand this world I live in.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Imagine going back to 2006, when Bethesda released their Horse Armor DLC, and saying "Yeah, in the future? People are going to be paying thousands of dollars for things which have even less of an effect on the game."

You'd probably be burned at the stake for being a time travelling witch, but, hey. Shit happens.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Souvenir AWP | Pink DDPAT
    y1E6dMS.png

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Garrett is the best.

If you play on Master Difficulty you lose the game if you even knock anyone out (aside from one dude in the tutorial)

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    $10,000 worth of skins?!

Karambit Fades sell over the market cap so I can't link the steam market ones

a real one is $44

Then there's Souvenir Factory New Dragon Lores which sell for over $12k last I looked.

Dota 2 has even more wtfexpensive things.

• Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    y1E6dMS.png

I keep throwing my credit cards at the monitor but nothing is happening.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    $10,000 worth of skins?!

y1E6dMS.png

Well that was fast. I think we may have broken a record.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    $10,000 worth of skins?!

y1E6dMS.png

Well that was fast. I think we may have broken a record.

The power of Pink compels her, the power of Pink compels her!

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    $10,000 worth of skins?!

It's pretty princess dressup for guns and knives.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

"The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride fucking with you. Fuck pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps."

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I think we may be judging betting unfairly and as "not real" as we are because of cultural bias towards games

But remember people have been gambling on things as important as the Gatorade color at the super bowl or which section of field a cow takes a dump in for years.

This is really not much different.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I think we may be judging betting unfairly and as "not real" as we are because of cultural bias towards games

But remember people have been gambling on things as important as the Gatorade color at the super bowl or which section of field a cow takes a dump in for years.

This is really not much different.

I'm just amazed that people are willing to spend $100+ on essentially a texture file

• Options
    Well I didn't get much time to play last night, but a deeper venture into the unknown in Sunless Sea did indeed pay off. I found a number of new ports to the east. Although none of them seemed to have much profit for me, after slinking back to London on fumes, it turns out the Admirality were quite eager to hear reports on two of the sites and paid out a generous amount. Enough to get me back on me feet with fuel, crew, and supplies. And echo enough leftover to head back to take up a business offer I didn't have the capital to take advantage of originally. That brought in 500 echo on its own in the end. So we have invested in a new deck gun and are now exploring the south a bit.
    Running dark definitely helped with the fuel greatly, although I would need to flick the lights on occasionally to get a look around and update the map. Terror is running a bit higher than before, but not too bad.

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Well I didn't get much time to play last night, but a deeper venture into the unknown in Sunless Sea did indeed pay off. I found a number of new ports to the east. Although none of them seemed to have much profit for me, after slinking back to London on fumes, it turns out the Admirality were quite eager to hear reports on two of the sites and paid out a generous amount. Enough to get me back on me feet with fuel, crew, and supplies. And echo enough leftover to head back to take up a business offer I didn't have the capital to take advantage of originally. That brought in 500 echo on its own in the end. So we have invested in a new deck gun and are now exploring the south a bit.
    Running dark definitely helped with the fuel greatly, although I would need to flick the lights on occasionally to get a look around and update the map. Terror is running a bit higher than before, but not too bad.

When you get past the western coast (and even just past Venderblight), the port reports become much more helpful for restocking fuel and supplies.

Then you need to avoid being murdered by sharks.

My captain finally died after a shark did enough damage to bring hull and crew to below half so I couldn't go at full speed. Terror reached 100 a little away from London and I died in a mutiny. He was way overdue to kick the bucket given how many mistakes I made in terms of turning in quests when I didn't have the cargo hold to actually keep the rewards. Twice in a row at the same port.

His successor inherited a top of the line deck gun, townhouse, and an heirloom he immediately sold for cash to write up a will and take advantage of opportunities requiring echoes. He also inadvertently committed cannibalism on his first trip out to zee so he's got that going for him too.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I take a look at Sunless Sea and put it on my wishlist. I get a glimpse of some slow gameplay and take it off. I hear about the fantastic writing and put it back on. I hear about how it can take a while to get up to speed and take it off. Then I hear stories of people's experiences and put it back on.

Also some part of me is a bit annoyed at it being called Sunless Sea instead of Sunless Zee.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Madican wrote: »
    I take a look at Sunless Sea and put it on my wishlist. I get a glimpse of some slow gameplay and take it off. I hear about the fantastic writing and put it back on. I hear about how it can take a while to get up to speed and take it off. Then I hear stories of people's experiences and put it back on.

Also some part of me is a bit annoyed at it being called Sunless Sea instead of Sunless Zee.

It's a tough one to gauge at times. The slow pace can be a bit annoying but fits with the idea that in addition to the obvious resources of fuel and supplies, you have to manage time and distance since that affects terror gain and positioning since that can affect light which affects terror and detection by enemies. If everything got sped up, we'd probably have more deaths by zee bat swarm.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    He also inadvertently committed cannibalism on his first trip out to zee

You keep telling yourself that. :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

My captain has dined with Devilesses, creepy sisters, dead men just fine and was offered a meal upon reaching this port my first officer seemed so desperate to reach. I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth. Only it wasn't horse. And the gift is somehow knowing rituals I never actually learned.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Still can't get HN R;B1 to start up. Sent a mail to their support with my specs. I don't know why I care so much but I want to play THIS game right now. Haha, I want an Oompa-Loompa now Daddy!

• Options
    It could happen to anyone! Judge much?

I ate there too...

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

He was up on a ladder and it just fell in there!

This discussion has been closed.