As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NINTENDO 3DS: THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    The thing that really annoys me about the "eBay influence" are the people who only look at the highest/lowest. I saw a copy of Chronic Trigger (SNES) at a pawn shop, and the guy pulled up eBay. The highest price was $200 at the time, so he wanted the same. Of course the eBay listing was complete and near mint, and his copy was cart-only with a scuffed label.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

I wonder if we'll finally get the game(s) this year.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    People know to search for completed auctions, not current listings on eBay, right? Someone asking 400 dollars for an Earthbound cart is not the same as someone who bought one for 150.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Doesn't really matter, honestly - my statement that StarFox 64 3D is not rare was my original point despite harping on a comparatively more tangential part of what I said. (And I'm still not sure why you're so obsessed over just that. But I'm now bored of this so I'm done.)

It's not "harping" to ask someone to clarify or provide evidence of a ridiculous claim.

And yes, starfox is rare now. It's a current gen title that's basically impossible to find a new retail copy, and gamestop barely has in stock (for reference only 2 of the 7 in my city have it in "low stock", which means there are maybe 5 cart-only copies for sale in my whole city.)
    Seems pretty rare to me

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    People know to search for completed auctions, not current listings on eBay, right? Someone asking 400 dollars for an Earthbound cart is not the same as someone who bought one for 150.

Not always. One guy I had bought a few things from had something else I wanted still in the box. I asked him how much he wanted for it and he hopped on eBay to find a price. He saw one for 40 after shipping and told me 40.

Besides the fact that I'd rather give a stranger on the internet 35 dollars "profit" than a stranger standing in front of me 40 dollars "profit," that particular auction had been sitting and re-listing on eBay for close to 5 months.

And my region of the country has a medium-ish used game chain (12 stores last I checked) that sets their used game prices based on the average of eBay and Amazing third party sellers. Their prices are all over the friggen place because of how crazy Amazon used prices can be.

McFlynn on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

No, they do not.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Xavier1216Xavier1216 Bagu is my name. Show my note to river man. Greater Boston AreaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Is it even possible to find a new copy of Star Fox 64 3D in a retail store? I'd definitely prefer to have a physical copy of the game on-hand, but if it came down to buying a used copy or spending a few extra dollars to pick it up in the eShop, I'd take the download every time.

Which makes me wonder: has anyone tried to archive their downloaded games instead of deleting them?

I've heard that a big fear is that someday you won't be able to re-download your digital game, but I wonder if this could be worked around by keeping your library across a collection of SD cards. So instead of deleting a game when your card fills up, switch to a new card for your next set of games? It could be cumbersome to keep each card labeled as to which titles were on it, but you could have access to games A, B, and C on one card and X, Y, and Z on another.

Depending on the 3DS file system, maybe you could instead back up the individual game files to your PC. I'd assume that they'd be signed to your specific hardware/account ID, but that shouldn't be a problem if you're just backing them up and restoring them to be used on the same handheld.

Then again, I guess the enclosed SD card slot certainly doesn't help things. :?

Xavier1216 on
    SMMB_Xavier1216_Large_zpscdweorm9.png
    PSN: PLD_Xavier | NNID: Xavier1216
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Polaritie wrote: »

No, they do not.

Negotiating a purchase is a two-way street. It could go either way with independent game stores, but almost every pawn shop and private seller is willing to haggle, and calmly pointing out that they're using bad data is a pretty good first step. If they react poorly, then fuck it - no ones forcing you to buy from an asshole

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I am late to the NA Club Nintendo party. Guess today's the last day to register codes. Wah. :<

Anyone got spares I could mooch off? ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/p/163711/Crunchyroll-Exclusive-Etrian-Mystery-Dungeon-3DS-Bundle-S-T-Shirt

Just a heads up for anyone interested in Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Crunchyroll is selling a pre-order bundle for the game that includes some mystery swags. About 12 hours left on the deal. A random video-game related T-Shirt and a random video game related majig that "can range from various video game related merchandise including another video game from any platform, promotional keychains, collectible strategy guides, video game soundtracks, action figures, etc."

They guarantee the extra items MSRP for at least $30, but keep in mind that Crunchyroll does not wait until release to charge you, they will take your money the moment you submit the order. And it's about $5 shipping.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow is the last day of registration? D:

I've got the N3DS with Smash Brothers bundle from Walmart arriving sometime between Wednesday and Friday and I'm picking up Story of Seasons tomorrow and Etrian Mystery Dungeon next week but I'm 90 coins from platinum at this moment. :?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Target has a bunch of $15 games this week: mario 3d land, mario kart 7, nsmb2, donkey kong country returns, and animal crossing.
    They should all have 40 point codes.

• Options
    That's awesome but I already have those. :X

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Idk then. Maybe keep an eye on ebay? People will prob start fire sale-ing codes tonight/tomorrow

• Options
    Thanks for the reminder pabs, def. gonna pick up Mario 3D Land tonight, mmmaybe Animal Crossing. The ol' DS one never clicked for me.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Be aware that there's a certain amount of risk to ebaying Club Nintendo codes. Not just because there's no way to be sure whether any are used without actually redeeming them, but also because codes belonging to games older than a certain age are simply invalidated. Wii Play being one that comes to mind. So even if the seller has been sitting on a stack of codes he knows he hasn't used, they may still not be any good.

• Options
    Hmm, is it only coins stopping tomorrow? If I can't register Smash 3DS then wouldn't that mean I can't get the items related to owning both versions?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    Hmm, is it only coins stopping tomorrow? If I can't register Smash 3DS then wouldn't that mean I can't get the items related to owning both versions?

The Mewtwo DLC ends tomorrow as well.

You're 2 1/2 months late on the soundtrack though.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Iirc, that date has already passed. It definitely has for the cd, and I think you had to do it by the end of January for the mewtwo code?

Edit: yeah, tomorrow is the last day
    http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    If it were me, I'd go buy a copy of smash today and return the one that walmart ships you later

• Options
    Thanks for confirming it. I might have to pass by and pick up a copy during lunch tomorrow.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Can't decide between Story of Seasons tomorrow or wait a week for Etrian Mystery.

1st world problems...

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    I'm getting both and having them fight over my attention.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Can't decide between Story of Seasons tomorrow or wait a week for Etrian Mystery.

1st world problems...

Crap, it's next week?

I thought I had more time!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Grabbed a couple mo' codes but the Club Nintendo site seems to be getting slaaammed. :<

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ChaosandQuietChaosandQuiet Registered User regular
    I'm only a couple of codes short of having enough coins to get Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3ds. Anyone have any spare codes they would be willing to part with? Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose. Also the Shin Megumi game I downloaded is really weird. It is so hard I feel like I am missing something...

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0772-1797
  • Options
    Shin Megumi games are generally very mean because sometimes RNGesus decides no one is having any fun today.

Still waiting on that SMT X Fire Emblem game. Let's see where unfair instadeath and permadeath take us.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Bleh, looks like I can't register DRX777 as my NA NNID since it's my EU one. Suggestions for changes? Lady Raven says I should go with DRX778 :P
    You could do what I did for my Japanese NNID and use DRX777EU :P

I went with 2ravens2furious

The best sequel title.

Woah woah woah, you can't just steal from @2 Marcus 2 Ravens like that, that's gimmick infringement!
    It's funny that I don't really know him but have referenced his name twice now, one of his last few posts was responding to the last time I brought it up.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Beltaine wrote: »

1st world problems...

I would love to play both, but neither of them are announced for Europe :(

• Options
    edited March 2015
    http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-01-2015/

Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3PM PST/6PM EST

I'm hoping to see more about the new Fire Emblem, Bravely Second, Ace Attorney, and proof that the SMT X FE isn't vaporware.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Target has a bunch of $15 games this week: mario 3d land, mario kart 7, nsmb2, donkey kong country returns, and animal crossing.
    They should all have 40 point codes.

I picked up Mario Kart 7... and the code inside had expired 12/14 >< But hey I got a great game for cheap.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015

I'm hoping to see more about the new Fire Emblem, Bravely Second, Ace Attorney, and proof that the SMT X FE isn't vaporware.

Said the entire internet at the exact same time. I wonder if this means the leak was legit, it'd be nice to get the badge center finally.

Yay more imaginary things to spend money on!

Also IIRC there was a lot of holy shit wtf things in that leak, so it was probably just a coincidence that it got the date right.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options

Said the entire internet at the exact same time. I wonder if this means the leak was legit, it'd be nice to get the badge center finally.

Also IIRC there was a lot of holy shit wtf things in that leak, so it was probably just a coincidence that it got the date right.

The guy who did the leak admitted that it was fake.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Source?

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options

Source?

https://plus.google.com/107676607280980751737/posts/Ryqfqr9PZxt

In the comments section (in German).

• Options

Source?

https://plus.google.com/107676607280980751737/posts/Ryqfqr9PZxt

In the comments section (in German).

That's funny because there's a f ton of people who think it's legit because he got the date right.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    There was bound to be a new direct sooner or later before E3

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Tomorrow is also potentially the date that Club Nintendo announces Platinum/Gold rewards isn't it? I wonder if we'll see an announcement during the Direct.

• Options
    H*RH*R Registered User regular
    edited March 2015
    I really hope so. I'm eager to use my 700 coins, but with Europe getting new things added including Minish Cap on 3DS I might just wait.

I'm more looking forward to @maximumzero and I being disappointed after the Direct tomorrow when no standard New 3DS is announced for North America.

H*R on
    Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • Options
    After scrounging some codes at GameStop, I managed to hit Gold! :D

Heh, only just got a Wii U and a N3DS in the last few months, never bothered with Club Nintendo before, since in the EU it never seemed to offer game downloads at all. So I have 350 coins, which seems to be one NES classic, and one 3DS game. This is all on my NA account, so no Wii U games, just 3DS.

Advice for which NES game to get, given I'll probably be grabbing the Ultimate NES Remix 3DS cart at some point (especially if it ends up being the Gold reward ;P) and which 200 coin game to get?

Oh brilliant