As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB]HANK

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    shit

I was jinxing my team, but I thought with injuries, not suspensions!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So last day for fantasy baseball signups. https://yho.com/mlb?l=119381&k=562e54da2d0fcb27&ikey=d2b4ee943b0f5062

Still need at least 3 more people, not looking too likely though.

OK nevermind someone quit already.

Schide on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So this just happened

https://youtu.be/t5QMhwQoE5I

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    If you play the show on PS4 in RTTS mode, skip batting practice. I keep having the game crash in bp before a game when I check swing and a pitch goes in for a strike.

Why are you checking your swing in BP?
    Because the BP pitcher throws like an asshole. Also sometimes its on accident.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I created a LF that was drafted 13th overall by the Padres, so I went back to college for a year and then was drafted first overall by the Dbacks. Signed with them. But I've actually been having fun in Franchise, picking the Mets up from being ranked 30th to 20th (and sneaking them into the playoffs in the last year of my contract to avoid getting fired after failing to hit my goals the first 2 years).

Then I actually won the division with the Mets and the divisional series against the Cubs (lost to the Dodgers in the NLCS).

I traded like crazy as you would guess, especially for Kris Bryant (I downloaded a roster from the vault).

• Options
    So this just happened

https://youtu.be/t5QMhwQoE5I

That was clearly in the chest, didn't you hear him?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Chest, balls... Same difference

• Options
    edited April 2015
    WOwwwwwwww

I was playing online head to heads in DD and won my first one 5-1 in 4 innings (dude quit). I was in a pitchers duel in game 2 and had just pulled ahead on an RBI single scoring Matt Adams. Pitcher's spot was next, I laid down a great bunt, looked like it might even be a base hit...error, game crashes. Bullshit, man.

EDIT: And it gave me the loss. I think that's the end of my playing Diamond Dynasty.

Goose! on
  • Options
    FortyTwoFortyTwo strongest man in the world The Land of Pleasant Living Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    WOOO

Opening Day is Monday! WOOOO!

Honestly, the little guy has dominated like every aspect of my life so far. Baseball is probably gonna take a bit of a back seat this summer. Three years ago, when I was still writing my blog, all I asked was that the Orioles got good while I was still young enough to really enjoy it - Staying out late, drinking at bars with friends, celebrating loudly, etc.

Thanks guys - you definitely delivered the last couple of years.

FortyTwo on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    WOwwwwwwww

I was playing online head to heads in DD and won my first one 5-1 in 4 innings (dude quit). I was in a pitchers duel in game 2 and had just pulled ahead on an RBI single scoring Matt Adams. Pitcher's spot was next, I laid down a great bunt, looked like it might even be a base hit...error, game crashes. Bullshit, man.

EDIT: And it gave me the loss. I think that's the end of my playing Diamond Dynasty.

It's been crashing for years. They've really dropped the ball on quality

• Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    WOwwwwwwww

It's been crashing for years. They've really dropped the ball on quality

I thought that this year with the added usage of packs to get equipment they might have dinner something about it but oh well.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    FortyTwo wrote: »
    WOOO

Opening Day is Monday! WOOOO!

pfft, opening night is, I guess technically, tonight

• Options
    There is indeed baseball tonight. I am excite!

Maybe I'll actually be able to add dudes to the DL today!

• Options
    Yasmany Tomas will start the season in AAA.

• Options
    Yasmany Tomas will start the season in AAA.

That's surprising.

• Options
    His defense at 3rd is bad and I think I read that the team said he'd likely start the year there.

• Options
    Raijin did your RTTS guy get called up yet? My LF just was called up in June 2015. First big league hit was a triple.

• Options
    Raijin did your RTTS guy get called up yet? My LF just was called up in June 2015. First big league hit was a triple.

Yes. Somehow I completely skipped AAA and went straight from AA to the majors. My first game I was 0-4 but then I had 2 homers in the next game.

• Options
    Okay...

I simmed the rest of the way just to see what the season would look like in RTTS, and the Nationals won the World Series...over the Astros. Cool story, Show.

• Options
    You never know

• Options

okay I'm still excited for this year, but that lineup...woof

can't wait until May

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Baseball is risen.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited April 2015

okay I'm still excited for this year, but that lineup...woof

can't wait until May

Can they please flip Soler and Castro what the fuck.

EDIT: Although it is Maddon so I'm expecting 100 more lineup configurations by year's end.

EDIT2: I just noticed he's got Lester batting 8th. Joe, what are you doing?

Goose! on
  • Options
    that tweet was the exact moment I realized tommy lastella made the major league roster

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Jesus how bad of a hitter is Lastella to be batting behind a pitcher?

Or is Lester secretly a great batter?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Also what happened to Alcantara?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    La Stella's projected to be a near league average hitter so...I dunno.

Also check your rosters because a lot of players should be DL eligible now.

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    Jesus how bad of a hitter is Lastella to be batting behind a pitcher?

Or is Lester secretly a great batter?

Jon Lester has literally never had a hit in his entire big league career

• Options
    Also what happened to Alcantara?

He made the 25 man roster, I can't find anything on why he's not in the lineup tonight. It can't be the splits, because he'd probably be in over Olt, if that were the case.

• Options
  • Options
    Schide wrote: »
    La Stella's projected to be a near league average hitter so...I dunno.

Also check your rosters because a lot of players should be DL eligible now.

Hunter Pence still ain't on there. Damn East Coast Bias.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    maddon is a cult leader

• Options
    I can understand putting the pitcher eighth. It gives a better chance to have a guy on base when you get back to the top of the order.

Don't know if that's his reason or not

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    it gives a theoretically higher chance of having multiple men on base when your #3 hitter comes to bat

i like it

• Options
    Can we get a new thread title for the start of a new season?

I have no ideas, just requests.

• Options
    There ya go

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Braves getting Cameron Maybin, Carlos Quentin, and Matt Wisler in return.

EDIT: and another player and a pick:

EDIT 2:

Goose! on
This discussion has been closed.