As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crusader Kings III: You Can Steal the Pope's Hat

• Options
    DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular
    Had to go back to 4.5 so I could save Sansa...avoid Conclave gameplay.
    qddheimlivko.jpg

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Established a branch of my dynasty as an independent germanic King of Italy. Germanic has become the number one religion in the world with 243 provinces.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I had nothing to do with this, but somehow one of the great christian families of Europe has... adapted.
    6338323315F49E89A2C56A49A7FD57636E4E3565

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Alright, I think I'm done with Tutorial Island (i.e, Ireland) and I want some advice for good earliest-date starting locations.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Alright, I think I'm done with Tutorial Island (i.e, Ireland) and I want some advice for good earliest-date starting locations.

Well, that might depend on what you mean by "good"

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Well, that might depend on what you mean by "good"

I just don't want to be anyone's vassal, but I don't want to get squashed immediately, generally speaking.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Playing as a Norse medium sized nation in the earlier start is challenging but very aggressive. The hardest part by far is when to become an organised religion / feudal society, because people may hate the fuck out of you and can cost a lot of gold (I haven't done it in a long time, maybe it's changed since)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    You no longer have to upgrade all the holdings in your realm so it's now really easy

It's enough to have a single stone fort in your capital

• Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    You no longer have to upgrade all the holdings in your realm so it's now really easy

whaaaaaaaat

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

Start a Catholic Kingdom in Bahrain. You won't be disappointed.

• Options

whaaaaaaaat

Yup, they changed it

Reforming your religion or converting is still required, though

• Options
    Started up a new game where I'm the secret, wilding-raised-bro of Jon Snow. Currently getting my ass handed to me by the White Walkers...
    q12ntxaet0fx.gif

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Every time I try to play the aSoIaF mod, I can't not be a Blackfyre.

• Options

Yeah, I always tend to play as a secret Targaryen, one way or another. Does being an actual member of House Blackfyre put you in the line of succession? Ie. could you murder your way to the top?

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Dissent wrote: »

Yeah, I always tend to play as a secret Targaryen, one way or another. Does being an actual member of House Blackfyre put you in the line of succession? Ie. could you murder your way to the top?

I can't remember if you start with it or if you get an event, but you do get a strong claim on Westeros. You can also get the sword Blackfyre through the Valyrian sword path.

Dang, now I want to play it again.

• Options

I can't remember if you start with it or if you get an event, but you do get a strong claim on Westeros. You can also get the sword Blackfyre through the Valyrian sword path.

Should give it a shot, I think they finally "completed" the agot mod a few months ago, right before the Conclave patch.

• Options

Should give it a shot, I think they finally "completed" the agot mod a few months ago, right before the Conclave patch.

Oh, I did last night. :wink:

• Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular

whaaaaaaaat

Yup, they changed it

Do you still get opinion penalties for tribal vassals? How does this work?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

whaaaaaaaat

Yup, they changed it

Do you still get opinion penalties for tribal vassals? How does this work?

If you are not an unreformed pagan and your liege is feudal, you get a decision to switch to Feudalism and the AI will usually do it right away

Which means that the tribal vassals in the part of Scotland controlled by Northumberland are pointless and will flip within a generation

As an Irish dude, you can also flip from the start of the game by just swearing fealty to one of the Petty Kings in England

The only vassals who stay tribal are unreformed pagans, doesn't stop the AI from initiating tribal legislation even if there are no tribal vassals

• Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Ambition creep is a real problem for me playing CK2. I recently started a game with just the goal of creating a powerful kingdom of Ireland that could be imported in EUIV bit I've still ended up ruling a crusader state in Aquitaine and being one death away from accidentally becoming Byzantine Emperor. And it's not even 1000 AD yet.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Ambition creep is a real problem for me playing CK2. I recently started a game with just the goal of creating a powerful kingdom of Ireland that could be imported in EUIV bit I've still ended up ruling a crusader state in Aquitaine and being one death away from accidentally becoming Byzantine Emperor. And it's not even 1000 AD yet.

I've been working on just being the king of Ireland and trying to get women fully recognized as actual human beings. I went in determined to just hold Ireland itself, to take no part in the struggles of the outside world.

I seem to have somehow accidentally conquered Wales and half of Scotland on the behalf of my vassals. It's 950 or so.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Welp, the accidentally becoming Eastern Roman Emperor thing happened. I'm seriously not even sure how. Like, a couple hundred years ago I married a son to a Byzantine princess and I guess his son somehow ended up inheriting something in the ERE and then over the next couple generations not only did that branch of my dynasty not die out or change families, but they got powerful enough to get elected Emperor. And since I was running Ireland under Seniority, all it took was my current ruler dying while the Emperor was the next oldest dynasty member and bam, east and west are united. I think I'm gonna Mend the Schism and reform Rome just for the hell of it before switching back to whatever dude I made King of Ireland.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Hrm

I was hoping I could pick up the last two DLCs during the steam sale but they're still pretty expensive (as far as paradox sale items go) and I really haven't heard a lot of great stuff about either of them

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options

OK, this may be one of my favorite things that I've ever done in CK2.

A18EBD9B2AC78ACC75B2806A4120E3E2F49B8B74

(No mods.)

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Nice but who ever the white flag is seems to be a not of a problem.

• Options
    edited July 2016

Hmm? I basically just sat around under the Umayyad dynasty for 300 years increasing status of women in my realm. They're the white flag - the war going on is the Caliph against an relative with a claim invading. Now that I've fulfilled my goal - Absolute Cognatic in an Iqta realm with a Sultana in charge - I'm not sure what I'll do next.

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    There's still more DLC coming. Somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxAbWogPENU

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    because it's just not medieval Europe without the Plague.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

Hmm? I basically just sat around under the Umayyad dynasty for 300 years increasing status of women in my realm. They're the white flag - the war going on is the Caliph against an relative with a claim invading. Now that I've fulfilled my goal - Absolute Cognatic in an Iqta realm with a Sultana in charge - I'm not sure what I'll do next.

OK, but here's the really important question: Can women in a Muslim realm with full equality and Absolute Cognatic succession have multiple husbands?

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

OK, but here's the really important question: Can women in a Muslim realm with full equality and Absolute Cognatic succession have multiple husbands?

Nope.

Score another win for the Patriarchy.

But: women don't gain decadence.

So my goal now is to switch to elective via empowering the Council, and then I'll flip around between cousins/nieces/aunts, so that I can literally murder all of the men in my family. A Muslim realm with no men. Take that, Patriarchy.

• Options
    It's too bad republics still only have male succession

Apparently the code is so convoluted that it would be hard to change

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Need to see a doga.

Is Doge pronounced "Dohj" or "Dojay"?

Kadoken on
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    The former.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I liked it better when I thought it was dojay

• Options
    Actually it's do-zay in the Venetian dialect

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Actually it's do-zay in the Venetian dialect

Actually, you're all mistake. It's pronounced Doge.

<insert picture of Shiba Inu>

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Much coins
    So republic
    Wow

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Remember though, according to CKII purists, having a woman only sucession, or even an equal succession is 'ahistorical' and we can't have that can we. We must make this as an authentic game as possible.

Now, to finish my Jewish Norwegian conquest of Castille...

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The CK2 community seems to love the reformation of the Roman Empire and the Reformation of the Norse Church that crushsearly Christianity through conquest in Northern Europe.

But Women and Aztecs? Let's not be silly now!

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    The CK2 community seems to love the reformation of the Roman Empire and the Reformation of the Norse Church that crushsearly Christianity through conquest in Northern Europe.

But Women and Aztecs? Let's not be silly now!
    They like women. As tools of empire, though, not running the show.

But Aztecs are just silly. The Space Raptor Pope made it very clear they're mythological.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476