As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disturbance at Lake Webcomics

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    mc20150417.png

I'm guessing the artist was inspired by Steven Universe's Rose Quartz for the remerged Mel.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I give awkward zombie way more slack than vgcats because I find it funny much more often
    this correlates strongly with telling the joke better in a fraction of the space

I think scott should stick to the slice of life style strips involving Leo and Aeris playing off one another. They seem to be the stronger ones in his archive.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    mc20150417.png

I'm guessing the artist was inspired by Steven Universe's Rose Quartz for the remerged Mel.

i would assume the main inspiration was

princess_serenity_dress.jpg

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    which tbf was probably also part of the inspiration for Rose Quartz what with all the sailor moon references in that show

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I think even with everything that's happened in Demon, Jimmy figuring out how to pilot a jet fighter might be the most unrealistic thing that's happened so far.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    And the good half and evil half of Melissa split into two different bodies and now they've fused to become A super awesome evil witch slash magical girl and she is about to bring the noise

2738763-tumblr_mbbwumwizv1qiijr6o1_500.jpg

???

close but not quite see because the original majin buu was an essentially morally neutral being that was a temper-tantrum throwign ultra powerful childlike being and the grand supreme kai allowed himself to be absorbed so that his overwhelming benevolence severely reduced the threat that buu posed by making him more tranquil and naive but then when someone killed his puppy he got so angry that he expeled all of the repressed evil inside him which then absorbed the good buu in order to become super buu, so it wasn't really a fusion so much as a jekyl and hyde or maybe incredible hulk sort of situation

when is Dragonball Multiverse going to get to the universe where that guy never shot the puppy and Mr. Satan successfully reformed Buu into a good guy all by himself and is heralded as the savior of mankind

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Badass Groo shirt seriously.

Heck, even Sergio agrees about that one -- by pure good luck, things worked out like this when he was at Calgary expo a few years back:
    8WsK992.jpg

(Sergio Aragones: yet another of the many nicest-guys-in-comics, it turns out)

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    What I'm hearing here is that Buu is just Super John Wick

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    i am thoroughly creeped out by that shirtless guy with the bunny mask.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I've just realised that while the forums get spam bots posting from time to time I've never seen a spam bot post a webcomic.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I've just realised that while the forums get spam bots posting from time to time I've never seen a spam bot post a webcomic.

That's actually the real Turing Test

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    We've failed the Turing Test?

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    we ARE the Turing Test.

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Would posting a political cartoon pass the test? :/ Seems like a no-win situation.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    A STRANGE GAME.
    THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Posting webcomics isn't a game!

It's deadly serious.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    sotr20150417.png

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    1429369993-20150418.png

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    hospital.png

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    sotr20150417.png

=/

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    this guy is a final fantasy villain

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Looks kinda like that weird teacher from Kill la Kill.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Now that you say that the girl there also looks like... huh, maybe they're doing a reference thing.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2015-04-19-pace.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Badass Groo shirt seriously.

Heck, even Sergio agrees about that one -- by pure good luck, things worked out like this when he was at Calgary expo a few years back:
    8WsK992.jpg

(Sergio Aragones: yet another of the many nicest-guys-in-comics, it turns out)

Sergio Aragones is rockin' that 'stache. Rad.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    cB557 wrote: »
    See the problem with that Terry Pratchett excerpt is that there are a lot of things that aren't part of whatever the fundamental fabric of the universe is
    so like, if you're going to be arguing that emotions and morals are just lies we tell ourselves based on how they are not part of that, then I expect you to be prepared also argue that chairs, fission, and the periodic table of the elements and so on and so forth don't exist either

no the point was that human cognitive constructs can't easily be traced to material foundations
    a chair is pretty easy
    it's made of atoms
    "mercy" not so much

Tam on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2015-04-17-072.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2015
    Look at how much better this VGCats is if you just keep it simple and don't go plunging off into like 20 more panels of stupid violence jokes.
    DDjFfsQ.png
    Wow! It's almost like an Awkward Zombie cartoon!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    1429242369-page%20117.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    It beats brawl in the family becaust bitf was only ever okay
    d4H6T65.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Part of what makes Akward Zombie a really good video game comic is that a lot of the time the punchlines still work even if you never played that specific game. This Red Dead Redemption comic is a good example of this:

comic384.png

I never played Red Dead Redemption, but still find this comic hilarious.

Brawl in the Family does not have this quality. Since I only played Brawl a couple of times in my life I've never understood the punchline for a single Brawl in the Family comic.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Brawl In The Family makes some good Kirby comics

well, made some good Kirby comics

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Look at how much better this VGCats is if you just keep it simple and don't go plunging off into like 20 more panels of stupid violence jokes.
    DDjFfsQ.png

well now there's not even a joke, really, just a non-sequitur

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    DDjFfsQ.png

I mean

The joke is that he keeps losing at life so he got the super leaf that you get for constantly losing at 3D Land

I'd say that counts

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Brawl in the Family did have some comics you didn't need to have played Brawl to get.

This one for example

2014-08-25-589-HyruleWarriors.png

See, it's bout Hyrule Warriors, not Brawl.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    brawl in the family is ugly

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    DDjFfsQ.png

I mean

The joke is that he keeps losing at life so he got the super leaf that you get for constantly losing at 3D Land

I'd say that counts

well there's definitely enough context there to convey what that item box means

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    DDjFfsQ.png

I mean

I'd say that counts

well there's definitely enough context there to convey what that item box means

I don't think it's unreasonable for a video game webcomic to expect its readership to be familiar with Super Mario

This discussion has been closed.