As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Age Thread – The third and final story DLC out now on PS4/XBO/PC

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Isabella needs a bigger hat.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    I saw Isabella DLC and got super excited. Then I saw multiplayer and completely lost interest.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    On siding with Templars
    What happens to the Redcliffe Village if I side with the Templars? Can I still do the quests etc? The Templar hideout gets destroyed if you side with the mages, so I'm a little worried.

Achire on
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I like Lelianna and I think that's mostly because I'm pretty sure she hates me, since I'm a mage. But she puts that aside for the greater good and performs to the best of her ability. Even in the mage storyline she spat some venom at me and then immediately assisted us to the goal.

It is a far cry from her DA1 incarnation which I hated and left behind at every available opportunity. Mostly because I gave her bows and she still found her way into every spell the enemy had focused on the melee.

Wait, what? Doesn't Leliana like mages and want them to be free? I don't remember her hating my mage character or disparaging mages.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Leliana chewed me out when I conscripted the Mages, when I allied with them, Cullen was the annoyed one.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    Leliana's personality is WAY different depending on whether or not she's softened in DAI (regardless of hardening in DAO).

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Softened

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    I like Lelianna and I think that's mostly because I'm pretty sure she hates me, since I'm a mage. But she puts that aside for the greater good and performs to the best of her ability. Even in the mage storyline she spat some venom at me and then immediately assisted us to the goal.

It is a far cry from her DA1 incarnation which I hated and left behind at every available opportunity. Mostly because I gave her bows and she still found her way into every spell the enemy had focused on the melee.

Wait, what? Doesn't Leliana like mages and want them to be free? I don't remember her hating my mage character or disparaging mages.

Any time mages come up as a subject I can feel an underlying hardness to her. This was especially pronounced when I chose the Mage side and
    found her in the future. Remember the first thing she said when Dorian said he might be able to open a rift back to the original time? "This is why people fear mages," and she said it with venom, following up with the bits about how it's not just turning back the clock to undo it all because their suffering was real.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    That was just angry-murder-stabby-fuck-you future Leliana though.

It's like a Star Trek episode.

Edit: Plus
    They'd been bleeding her over and over, along with various horrible blood magics, using it as research on resistance to darkspawn plague.

That kinda upsets people on magic quick.

Astale on
  • Options
    I know the context, but it did not feel like something she came to over the course of that time, but something she's kept bottled up for a while. Even in the current events she's rather curt when I say I don't really know anything about the Maker or if I believe I'm the Herald (I keep saying I'm not the Herald because the idea of being a self-made savior is far more appealing than it being heaven-ordained).

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    That's not a mage thing, that's a not believing in the Maker thing.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Which is a mage thing. Mages tend not to believe in the Maker because they've gone into the Fade and seen what it's like over there. The Black City is in the distance at all times but otherwise there's no evidence the Maker even exists, or if he did he's long gone. Which is why the characters who keep professing to the Maker and trying to force me to do so or say I'm his messenger are annoying. When the big bad came up to me and said
    he'd seen the throne and it was empty from the start my first thought was, "No shit sherlock."

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Not believing in the Maker isn't a mage thing. Plenty of mages believe in the Maker, and plenty of non-mages don't.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Which is a mage thing. Mages tend not to believe in the Maker because they've gone into the Fade and seen what it's like over there. The Black City is in the distance at all times but otherwise there's no evidence the Maker even exists, or if he did he's long gone. Which is why the characters who keep professing to the Maker and trying to force me to do so or say I'm his messenger are annoying. When the big bad came up to me and said
    he'd seen the throne and it was empty from the start my first thought was, "No shit sherlock."

That seems like quite a generalization. Especially considering two of the three mages on your own team are explicitly Andrastian.

Not to mention all the mage-priests in the Imperial Chantry. Which is to say, every priest in the Imperial Chantry.

Ivan Hunger on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Plus there is quite a bit of lore that suggests that when one goes into the fade
    One can only find what they expect to find. So him finding an empty throne means absolutely zilch, other than he thought he would.

Plus, as for what the maker would be, if he is:
    He's Lyrium. You're eating the maker.

Astale on
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Oh gog when Leliana showed up on the Mage mission I lost my shit
    You don't care much for this potential fail-state world? Here's some of the characters you like having their shit pushed in. Look, Leliana's got a new hamburger face!

Shit got dire

• Options
    So, how difficult is nightmare? Can you just kind of grind experience and brute force the game by over leveling, or do you have to micromanage all the time?

• Options
    A heavily defensive build, either a warrior sword n board or knight enchanter shields to max build, will make nightmare a cakewalk.

Mostly because nothing can hurt you.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Wait... with the Black Emporium, does that mean I can redo Solas' skills? Because I'm pretty convinced I fucked him up. I wasn't sure what trees I wanted him to go into, and picked some skills from several.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    You can redo them already.

In the room/building where you craft equipment, there is a dwarven flag you can use to buy/sell, and it only sells one item.

It's a necklace that, when equipped, refunds all your skill points. Works on anyone. Costs a little bit, but not much, and the stock is infinite.

It's been there since the game launched. Kinda required since even companions don't get their advanced tree at first. You should respec them all when you hit Skyhold for that reason.

Astale on
  • Options
    Okay, what the fuck.

Whatever item duping exploit there was awhile back (in singleplayer, mind you) was fixed by..........removing the items people were duping. Entirely. From the game.

Which were the amulets of power that were sidequest rewards and used to grant skills to your party/inquisitor.

And of course there is the usual 'Bioware hasn't said jack on this despite repeated requests'. Which, going by Mass Effect, - with several major single player bugs STILL around - means ironically a fix for the fix is unlikely.

Oh, and apparently the actual dupe still works. That is just fucking lazy coding.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    This tint stuff is killing me. I can't stop fucking with it. And assigning colors to each character. Black for Blackwall and Cass, Blue for Cole and Sera, Brown/Red for Varric, White for Dorian and Vivienne, and the gaudiest yellow for Bull, of course. Oh, and Green for Solas.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Ugh, found a trainer and just edited in all the missing amulets.

The twenty missing amulets.

The trainer also has the ability to edit equipment. This could be fun.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Okay, what the fuck.

Whatever item duping exploit there was awhile back (in singleplayer, mind you) was fixed by..........removing the items people were duping. Entirely. From the game.

Which were the amulets of power that were sidequest rewards and used to grant skills to your party/inquisitor.

And of course there is the usual 'Bioware hasn't said jack on this despite repeated requests'. Which, going by Mass Effect, - with several major single player bugs STILL around - means ironically a fix for the fix is unlikely.

Oh, and apparently the actual dupe still works. That is just fucking lazy coding.

This is why i haven't been playing. Very annoying.

• Options
    Hmm.. Based on your description, I wonder if they even were trying to patch out the duping. The amulet removal might have just been an accident or an unrelated issue.

It's hard to imagine BioWare/EA would dedicate resources to a single-player-only duping bug if that's all it was. I can't imagine that they'd care if it wasn't causing problems elsewhere in the game.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Edit: Oops. Nevermind. Polygon said BW streamed the new content, but it was a mistake. They'll be streaming tomorrow... when the content is out... sooooooo...

Bassguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    2.7GB patch is out on PSN.

Highlights:
    • Added trophies for Jaws of Hakkon
    • New thrones for people who played DA:O and DA2
    • Can now salvage multiple items at once in MP
    • Nerfed spirit blade in MP
    • Nerfed Wrath of Heaven in MP
    • Fixed a bunch of stuff (Including the bugged dragon slaying trophy)

Full notes: https://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/34tb02/no_spoilers_new_patch_up_for_ps4/

Bassguy on
  • Options
    Did the multiplayer KE really need nerfing?

I don't do much multiplayer since there isn't a fleet readiness thing in this one. (and thank god for that)

• Options
    So have they fixed the issue where I try to judge people, get a black screen for several minutes, then the screen goes back to normal and everyone is in position but I'm able to run around and can't interact with the chair anymore?

• Options
    So have they fixed the issue where I try to judge people, get a black screen for several minutes, then the screen goes back to normal and everyone is in position but I'm able to run around and can't interact with the chair anymore?

That's the american justice system, working as intended.

• Options
    IseultTheIdleIseultTheIdle Registered User regular
    This tint stuff is killing me. I can't stop fucking with it. And assigning colors to each character. Black for Blackwall and Cass, Blue for Cole and Sera, Brown/Red for Varric, White for Dorian and Vivienne, and the gaudiest yellow for Bull, of course. Oh, and Green for Solas.

I make Iron Bull wear dawnstone pink. It's pretty.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Since they added the Jaws of Hakkon trophies, and they're gearing up to push out Dragonslayer and The Black Emporium tomorrow, I wonder if we're going to see JoH on the other platforms at the same time.

The Witcher III is coming up REALLY soon, so it'd probably be wise to ride that anticipation wave.

ETA: I think there was some sort of discussion that BioWare was unable to disclose specifics of how long it would take for the timed exclusivity window to close. So that would explain the lack of promotion, I suppose.

Bassguy on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    There was something multiplayer updated today for PC.

Don't know what it is since I haven't touched multiplayer. The patch that came with it fixed a lot of bestiary drops though! I finally found some nug feet!

(Current playthrough hasn't even done hushed whispers yet, clocks in at 30 hours so far. Jesus this game eats your time.)

Astale on
  • Options
    Black Emporium is due soon? Cool. Been waiting for that for awhile.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Black Emporium is due soon? Cool. Been waiting for that for awhile.

Yeah tomorrow.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I really loved the costumes and armour for other characters in this game, but felt like the stuff available for the inquisitor was pretty dull and mishmashy. I do love the tinting system tho

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The Skyhold pajama outfit is just the worst.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I also don't like how a lot of the armour in this game is factional, so I find an armour design I like, only to realise it's the same amour my enemies wear. It makes no sense, why would the Inquisitor wear Tevinter venatori armour?

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Prohass wrote: »
    I also don't like how a lot of the armour in this game is factional, so I find an armour design I like, only to realise it's the same amour my enemies wear. It makes no sense, why would the Inquisitor wear Tevinter venatori armour?

Intimidation, and because the Inquisitor is half-crazy.

"Yo, I took this off the corpse of one of your dudes and just put it on. Weird, right?"

Frei on
    Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    The only good thing about the Skyhold pajamas is that they were kind of logical as the clothing being worn as the base layer of the custom Inquisition armor you could make.

Spoilerd for largeness
    LU1fvYZ.jpg

So, it makes sense that they are being worn when lounging after taking the rest off. They just look awful.

Aistan on
  • Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    The Skyhold pajama outfit is just the worst.

It's a weird step back after ME2 and 3 let you customize your casual outfits.

This discussion has been closed.