Options

Dragon Age Thread – The third and final story DLC out now on PS4/XBO/PC

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i am praying, praying that black emporium does something about that

it could do just that and i'd be happy

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Oh my god. If I could get some Orlaisan gowns to wear about Skyhold I would throw infinite monies at BioWare.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i am praying, praying that black emporium does something about that

it could do just that and i'd be happy

From what I've seen it doesn't.

It has the mirror, some new unique weapon and all the crafting materials and the schematics.

There are some new schematics but i think they're all weapons.

• Options
    BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    t9jvc0ucdqcp.jpg

Oh shit. You actually get to play as an Avvar/Isabela/a bard.

Also, it seems the characters are baked into the update, not in the Dragonslayer pack.

I thought they were NPCs.

Bassguy on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Oh my god. If I could get some Orlaisan gowns to wear about Skyhold I would throw infinite monies at BioWare.

Or at the very least, the ball dress uniform

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I'm about to attempt a purposely terrible run. I played my story built up through all 3 games with my Dwarf, I loved it. Content with the ending too.

Now I'm playing a human female and I want her to be just flat out crazy. Any suggestions as to how to do this? I've already adjusted the Keep to be as evil as possible so far.

Thinking all hail Andraste, smite all those who disagree. Don't talk to any companions?

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I installed the 3gb+ patch but I dont see the Black Emporium anywhere, where is it supposed to be?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I installed the 3gb+ patch but I dont see the Black Emporium anywhere, where is it supposed to be?

Separate download then you go to the war table.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    I don't think it's out yet though. The patch was preparing for it, I think.

So sometime later this week? Today?

• Options
    Its already out for Xbox. How I know what's in the shop.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    You can play as Isabela? I feel like I've developed a sudden interest in multiplayer...

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Unicron80Unicron80 Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Her introduction is "lol I stole their pants"

Sera is the worst.
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah, I disliked her strongly waaaaaay before that

All of you Sera haters are wrong, dead wrong.

My female Qunari inquisitor is totally banging Sera. Sera is the best character in the game, by a long stretch. Absolutely hilarious. I have to turn on subtitles to actually understand her (same thing for watching episodes of "Luther"), but always worth it.

Dead wrong.

Steam: Unicron80 PSN: Hawkbeard
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    On the other hand, Sera is pretty horrible, and largely unfunny.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I had this weird thing where I really enjoyed Sera on the first playthru. Kept her in my party and enjoyed her interactions and all that.

Second playthru I got really tired of her shit (despite rarely using her in party) and now I really don't like her.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sera is a curiosity for my Inquisitor, not a potential partner for combat. She can do her own thing up until she becomes a liability, and she walks that line with the grace of a drunken hippo.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Sera is a curiosity for my Inquisitor, not a potential partner for combat. She can do her own thing up until she becomes a liability, and she walks that line with the grace of a drunken hippo master.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Sera is a curiosity for my Inquisitor, not a potential partner for combat. She can do her own thing up until she becomes a liability, and she walks that line with the grace of a drunken hippo master.

No, hippo. Because when she gets mad at something for any reason she will immediately try to kill it without any attempt at dialogue.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Black Emporium and Dragonslayer are out on PS4.

Black Emporium is 160MB. Dragonslayer is 4.1GB.

Bassguy on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

BioWare is streaming Dragonslayer right now, currently playing as Isabella.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I actually do think Sera is funny, but she reminds me way to much of some equally stupid people I know in real life.

I get the impression that the devs made Viv such a snob because they wanted us to sympathize more with Sera, but for me it ended up working the other way around.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    No sign of Jaws of Hakkon.

Only three more Tuesdays to launch it on PSN this month, and The Witcher III is taking up one of them. :confused:

Bassguy on
  • Options
    Watch out. The PS4 version is having issues. I just lost the loot I earned in a match, and then it softlocked when I tried to find a new match.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    The virtuoso is surprisingly fun, even at low lvls. I guess sick jams make everything better.

• Options
    I actually do think Sera is funny, but she reminds me way to much of some equally stupid people I know in real life.

I get the impression that the devs made Viv such a snob because they wanted us to sympathize more with Sera, but for me it ended up working the other way around.

I think they should be locked in a small room together for a week, and the survivor taken out to the lake and drowned.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So am I reading this right? Bioware developers can't figure out how to get in the same game together?

There might be a UI issue if you can't figure that out, guys...

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Sera appeals to my juvenile nature and she's fun to have around when she isn't pretending to make a social difference in the world. I enjoy that half of her personality, at least.

It's when she starts banging on about her Red Jenny movement and the "little people" stuff that she loses me because it mostly feels like nebulous, vaguely-themed chest beating

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I went in and fucked around with the Black Emporium. I tweaked my face a little bit, but I didn't have enough cash to get any of the fancy new stuff, and it's pointless anyway since it's an end-of-game save. I do have 300 unspent power points, though. It sure would be nice if I could do ANYTHING AT ALL with those.

That said, being able to buy a bunch of cheap-o crafting mats for tinting is a nice bonus.

Seeing it redone in the new engine (and all of the Isabela stuff) just makes me want to play DA2 again, though.

Bassguy on
  • Options
    So i watched the stream and it sounds like they did a lot of tweaks to MP.

They even said they'll start doing balance changes every Friday. That might be enough to get me to at least play the weekend events.

If they can make the loot system not shit that would be great too.

• Options
    They're going to have to do some work on it if they want to get ME3 multiplayer popularity.

It had the 3rd-person shooter mechanics going for it, whereas DA is all auto-targeted. And I'm assuming targeting aoe is very meh in multiplayer, since no pausing to target.

I'm not saying it can't be done. But the mechanics just don't transfer over as easily as ME3's did.

• Options
    Astale wrote: »
    They're going to have to do some work on it if they want to get ME3 multiplayer popularity.

It had the 3rd-person shooter mechanics going for it, whereas DA is all auto-targeted. And I'm assuming targeting aoe is very meh in multiplayer, since no pausing to target.

I'm not saying it can't be done. But the mechanics just don't transfer over as easily as ME3's did.
    I mean, it's kind of like a dumbed down Diablo with Dragon Age trappings. It's just that Blizzard is really, really good at what they do, and there are WAY more resources behind it. DAMP is just a kind of... tacked on thing that is fun to fool around with.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I thought an over-the-shoulder third person hack and slash hybrid with hotbar would be amazing, but it simply didn't stick for me when cooldowns for everything made it kind of eh

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I just played a couple matches of multiplayer and really enjoyed it. Started as Legionnaire, then got the Virtuoso armor out of the community chest and tried him. Rocking out is awesome, just have to be careful on aggregate since he's pretty low health. Friended a random Avvar I got matched with, he would storm I. For Afro and I could just shield him and shoot fire when I had mana for it.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    I thought an over-the-shoulder third person hack and slash hybrid with hotbar would be amazing, but it simply didn't stick for me when cooldowns for everything made it kind of eh
    I was really cool on it when I first played in back in November, but I went back and started playing it again last month, and had a blast.

I liked it a lot more when I had a specific goal in mind (like unlocking the arcane warrior), and just listened to audiobooks the whole time. Now that I want to unlock Isabela, I have that drive going again.

I feel like trophies would have probably been nice for the expansion content. That way, MP trophies won't get in the way of unlocking the platinum, but MP players would have something more tangible to shoot for when the events aren't happening. Weekends are really the only time I get to spend with my SO, so I end up not playing a lot of video games while events are live.

• Options
    The loot is pretty bad, but by far the biggest problem with DAMP is the netcode. Makes it pointless to try to block when you're seeing actions from half a second ago, makes melee with classes that aren't the arcane warrior kind of a crapshoot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The loot is pretty bad, but by far the biggest problem with DAMP is the netcode. Makes it pointless to try to block when you're seeing actions from half a second ago, makes melee with classes that aren't the arcane warrior kind of a crapshoot.
    I feel like it's really hit or miss for me. It's probably all about the quality of the connections of the players.

Considering that so many one-on-one fighting games are STILL having trouble dealing with the latency issue, I can't say I'm surprised that BioWare doesn't handle it well while dealing with four connections.

• Options
    Server down for anyone else?

• Options
    Astale wrote: »
    Server down for anyone else?
    Which platform? It's working fine for me on PS4.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm on Xbox one and when I load my campaign it loads the game but there's a box saying "online connection" and nothing else, and I can't move or access menus

• Options
    Bassguy wrote: »
    I feel like it's really hit or miss for me. It's probably all about the quality of the connections of the players.

Considering that so many one-on-one fighting games are STILL having trouble dealing with the latency issue, I can't say I'm surprised that BioWare doesn't handle it well while dealing with four connections.

Yeah, it's okay if you do a private game with friends. But I swear like every 3rd or 4th pub match has rubberbanding up the wazoo

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You know... I'd totally toss them a few bucks for the premium currency if it wasn't such an awful value.

FIFTY AMERICAN DOLLARS only gets you about 22 big chests. Most of that stuff is gonna be complete garbage that nets you a crafting mat.

I'd almost certainly drop a dollar or two to unlock a character outright.

This discussion has been closed.