As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dragon Age Thread – The third and final story DLC out now on PS4/XBO/PC

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Mage mission was definitely better than Templar. Haven't gotten around to seeing the lieutenant path after Templar yet, though that might be better, as Ol' Sammy wasn't all that interesting.

He did get a bard song, though.

Calpernia's quest has my favorite cinematics and conversations in the game as well as some great insight into The Boss Villain. It's very very good.

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Need to get back to this.

Played through almost to the end I believe as a Mage Knight Enchanter siding with the mages.

Time to do a full warrior or rogue play through siding with the Templars aka the right side.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Okay, I just finished closing the breach. My next two hours summed up:
    That was too easy. It's never that easy.

Why are all my quests auto-completing? Including ones I've...never...taken... Oh.

Oh fuck me. Varric stop dying like a pansy constantly, you're wasting all the health potions.

Fuck me. Can one of you goddamn melee keep this random mook from chasing me long enough so I can man the trebuchet? Varric you just stay down for a bit.

OH FUCK ME.

So this is the Elder One huh? ...I could take him. Stop whining in the dialogue, me.

...And the dragon. Come on, bring it, let's do this thing.

20 minutes of cutscenes laterrrrrr

I see everyone saying how Solas is racist and all that but honestly it's justified in the DA world and his primary focus is saving that world, so he's fine with me.

Inject this soundtrack into my veins. This is some Two Steps From Hell level of music.

Castle! I like castles.

A secret friend Varric knows, someone who has crossed paths with Cory, and someone whom Cassandra really does not like. ...It's either Morrigan or Flemeth isn't it.

Solas is things for Reasons.

He makes sense, and really I don't find him to be wrong in most things. But I also think it's completely justifiable to hate him.

And 'racist' gets thrown around way too much. Unless Solas was bitching about elves and humans shacking up at some point?

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I kind of wish the Wardens and Orlais had been a choice like the templars and mages. As it is, you only really have that one big moment of failure, and the rest of the game is spent winning, without sacrifice.

You actually liked sister patrice, didn't you

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Why are all my trainers varying degrees of nuts? We've got the necromancer who seems the sanest, the knight-enchanter who seems like a militant hipster, and the rift mage who is Your Trainer and I assume is actually many mages merged together by the rifts.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Last night I decided to boot up Dragon Age 2 and get back into it, only to discover I was on the home stretch and finished it up.

Now I'm in a Dragon Age mood, but this game seems to have system specs well above what my PC is right now. Anyone know if it will run okay on this?
    Core i5 2.4ghz
    4gb RAM
    560ti 1gb

• Options
    Probably, i ran it on lower settings fine with a i5 and 550gt ti. The RAM might be an issue?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Nah that looks perfectly swank

The HD textures definitely have a RAM requirement, but if you're not going for that then I don't think it should be an issue

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    RAM is probably the cheapest, easiest major PC upgrade, too, if it turns out that you need a bit more.

• Options
    The patchwork on the performance since release.......wow.

I hovered around 30 fps in areas like Haven and Emprise, now never dips below 57ish. I don't know if I should be happy with the work done to fix the issues, or annoyed it launched with them.

• Options
    BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    New bard songs being recorded for the game. I like this news a lot.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    For a new dlc perhaps?

Edit: And is that the person I should blame for having "Seraaa, was never an agree-able-girl" stuck in my head forever?

Astale on
  • Options
    Astale wrote: »
    For a new dlc perhaps?

Edit: And is that the person I should blame for having "Seraaa, was never an agree-able-girl" stuck in my head forever?
    She's the english singer for the bard songs. Trevor Morris wrote them.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    New songs? New Dragon Age DLC will be a Skyhold expansion that converts an entire quadrant of Skyhold into a tavern. The inquisitor must go on a series of missions to recruit bartenders, entertainers, and an interior designer to complete the project. Not all of these missions will be simple combat, though. The Designer must be impressed with the selection of furniture and resources available, the new barkeeps must be plied with the finest ales (or in one case, a copy of Varric's latest book).

The final recruitment will be a legendary bard, the likes of whom Thedas has rarely seen. The Inquisitor must choose her squad carefully, as this bard can only be recruited if he is defeated in a holy dance battle.

After it's over, you can throw a party like ME3's Citadel DLC.

• Options
    The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    New songs? New Dragon Age DLC will be a Skyhold expansion that converts an entire quadrant of Skyhold into a tavern. The inquisitor must go on a series of missions to recruit bartenders, entertainers, and an interior designer to complete the project. Not all of these missions will be simple combat, though. The Designer must be impressed with the selection of furniture and resources available, the new barkeeps must be plied with the finest ales (or in one case, a copy of Varric's latest book).

The final recruitment will be a legendary bard, the likes of whom Thedas has rarely seen. The Inquisitor must choose her squad carefully, as this bard can only be recruited if he is defeated in a holy dance battle.

After it's over, you can throw a party like ME3's Citadel DLC.

In order to achieve the best party, you must complete the Bottles of Thedas quest.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Can the next DLC just fix Cullen's roof and the hallway behind Josephine? It's like I live in a fucking shack!

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    A steak! wrote: »
    Can the next DLC just fix Cullen's roof and the hallway behind Josephine? It's like I live in a fucking shack!

also where the fuck are all my cool ballistae for the ramparts

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    AchireAchire Isn't life disappointing? Yes, it is. Registered User regular
    I've restarted the game 3 times now, and I'm thinking of doing it yet again after taking a long break. All the talk about siding with the templars kind of got me intrigued.

Ending related spoilers
    How do I avoid Vivienne being named the Divine (argh) if I side with the templars? Are the mechanics behind who becomes the divine known better these days, similar to the Suicide Mission?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Achire wrote: »
    I've restarted the game 3 times now, and I'm thinking of doing it yet again after taking a long break. All the talk about siding with the templars kind of got me intrigued.

Ending related spoilers
    How do I avoid Vivienne being named the Divine (argh) if I side with the templars? Are the mechanics behind who becomes the divine known better these days, similar to the Suicide Mission?
    I supported Cassandra every step of the way and she's who I ended up with. I know I shut down Leliana when she suggested herself (though she made it clear it wasn't up to me), but I can't remember ever speaking about the idea with Vivienne. I was never antagonistic with her, maybe that helped some? I'm not sure.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Achire wrote: »

Ending related spoilers

I beat the game and that didn't happen to me either time... (full spoilers)
    Probably because I talked to Vivienne so infrequently that I wasn't even aware she was a candidate. I supported Cassandra once and Leliana once, and each won when I did so.

• Options
    Easiest way to handle that?

Don't recruit Vivienne.

You won't miss much.

• Options

Don't recruit Vivienne.

You won't miss much.

You'll miss Vivienne, the third best non-player character in the game

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Where the hell is the video where Morrigan says "Skeleton" weird? Isn't it during a Iron Bull conversation?

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    Or how about putting Cullen somewhere close – not in Bumfuck, Egypt.

And just allow me to fast travel to the undercroft instead of fast traveling next to the door to the undercroft.

• Options
    If Cullen was somewhere easily reachable then i'd never get anything done, i'd just stay there smooching him all day.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the trick to getting to cullen is to jump off the tower from leliana

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Don't recruit Vivienne.

You won't miss much.

Varric
    Harding
    Dorian/Iron Bull
    Cullen
    Cassandra
    Josephine
    Sera
    Blackwall
    Leliana
    Solas
    Cole
    The bard
    The supplier lady you meet in Haven and only has one sentence after that
    The creepy dwarf artificer
    Professor Frederic of Serault
    Vivienne

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    I'm going to restart shortly. I beat it quite a while ago, so I've had time to forget about side quests and such. I think Viv and I are going to be great pals this run, since last time I pretty much locked her in that weird room in my castle and forgot about her. I think the servants kept her fed? I could never be arsed to check.

I don't plan on using Cassandra this run, because I'm going for that whole new party vibe. (Last go was Cass, Varric and Solas, primarily). If I run a dps warrior, can I rig that up to be a "good enough" tank or will I have to go whole hog with it?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »

Don't recruit Vivienne.

You won't miss much.

Varric
    Harding
    Dorian/Iron Bull
    Cullen
    Cassandra
    Josephine
    Sera
    Blackwall
    Leliana
    Solas
    Cole
    The bard
    The supplier lady you meet in Haven and only has one sentence after that
    The creepy dwarf artificer
    Professor Frederic of Serault
    Vivienne
    She's a megajerk, but she's a great character. You need foils to intensify your storytelling.

Similarly, I think Fenris is Thedas's greatest monster, but he's a superb character.

• Options
    Fenris is right about everything, and while Vivienne is privileged to all hell and back she has reasonable ideas for how things should work going forward.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    You're right, she's a great character. I can still hate her, though.

Shadowfire on
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure they intended Vivienne to be hated.

Kind of like Anders.

• Options
    Eh, at least she isn't sera

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I liked Anders.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    #Andersdidnothingwrong ?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »

You only don't like Sera because she didn't invite you to put a bucket of water on Josephine's door, and never made you cookies. Don't hate her because you weren't friends with her.

• Options
    Anders was the best in Awakening. Then I knew he was going to be in 2 but I didn't know when, so when Lirene mentions the healer we're searing for is him I just have the biggest grin on my face. After that you're goddamn right I had Hawke hook up with him. Slowly over the course of the game things become more and more concerning.

Then Act 3.

You broke my heart, Anders. You broke my heart.

• Options
    Sera is a petulant child and I have no room for such nonsense in my super important world-altering organization.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Super mild spoilers about Sera:
    I was totally with Sera until she stabbed a dude while I was having a conversation with him. And she just KEPT STABBING HIM. That put me off her something fierce.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I would say Morrigan was meant to be hated in the first as well, but I'm pretty sure the writer also had a massive crush on his/her creation, so you end up with this bizarre dichotomy.

So I kinda didn't *hate* her, but I would have loved to see someone drown her in a lake.

Edit: I hear she's gotten better in DA:I but I wouldn't know because I keep restarting my playthrough before I get to the winter palace.

Astale on
This discussion has been closed.