As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We finally have free time to work on our [Gunpla] Thread

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular

still going strong

also i bought a g-self i found at barnes and noble and as someone who dislikes stickers it'll be real fun

still, it's a cool looking kit

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    speaking of big green guys

GOODS-00075162_02.jpg
    GOODS-00075162_07.jpg

i'm torn

as a neue ziel interpretation i kinda hate it

but on the other hand it still kinda looks cool?

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I love designs that look like they're actually supposed to be used in space

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    ...That Gusion looks hella stubby. Is it some trick of perspective? 'Cause it has more normal proportions in those instructions.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    ...That Gusion looks hella stubby. Is it some trick of perspective? 'Cause it has more normal proportions in those instructions.

Nope.

It's a squat little fucker. The Rebake version has much more traditional Gundam proportions.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Got a Master Gundam kit from G Gundam on its way.

The horse was a major factor in this purchase.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    GUNDAM WITH HORSE GUNDAM
    BV40wyU.jpg

Schide on
  • Options
    Oh right, forgot I posted that.

Anyway, pics of my most recent completed kits:
    HG Kshatriya Repaired

iaRtuv6.jpg

MG Epyon

ulEAcA4.jpg

HG Full Armor Unicorn

SY1IGJv.jpg

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    holy crap the panel lining on those is awesome; what's your technique, Schide?

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Looks like Gundam Marker to me, although I could be wrong.

Gives some really nice lines if you keep a steady hand or wipe well.

Also, I have a dilemma that requires this thread's attention. Got two HGUCs unbuilt, and I need to decide which to focus on first.

The Silver Bullet, or the Blue Destiny.

Any thoughts?

• Options
    Lanz wrote: »

Oh, thanks!

Yeah, it's just gundam markers. Most of them are regular black but some are real touch. Depends on what kind of line I need to make. I guess it's also part steady hand but mostly wiping. It's not too hard with some practice, and if you take a closer look the lines will be more uneven, but overall I'm happy with how they come out.

I used to panel line white pieces with gray but I ended up just liking the look of black on white better anyway.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    yesss

mail has arrived

V2AB get, gonna put it together tomorrow

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Gusion Rebake has quite a few stickers that are passable but kind of finicky, and still areas that needed white or black paint. First kit I really felt the need to paint in missing colors.

i4ipcc8eut3l.jpg
    rndjrshlidqq.jpg

Wish it came with the axe, but looking good.

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    Really want the 1/100 of the Gusion/Rebake

I'd just leave it as the Rebake but still

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Okay so I didn't build it today, I built it last night. And as someone who specifically picked up the V2AB because it had a lot of stuff: this thing has too much stuff.

x0BnyIe.jpg

The skirt accessories (micromissile pods and VSBRs) make positioning the legs kinda difficult. The shoulder I-Field generators do the same to the back cannons and long beam gun. Said back parts also come off kinda easily. There's no attach point for the beam rifle when it's holding the long rifle and shield. There's two attach points on the included standalone Core Figher that I have no idea what they do.

Still, I don't play with my models much and it does look pretty badass.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    You should get the MG Full Armor Gundam Unicorn Ver Ka. It's probably the most ridiculously overloaded set outside of the Thunderbolt Sector.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Finished up my newest Bandai products. RX-79 was there to welcome them!

hsh871eu77hl.jpg

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Nice job panel lining those.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Nice job panel lining those.

Thanks. Only a rough pass on them at the moment.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Help. Now I'm looking at this Bandai Boba Fett. Someone stop me.

• Options
    Don't stop enjoying the quality products by Bandai!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    My first Gundam arrived!

It's this one

Not gonna start on it till tomorrow night because I have stuff to do tonight, and the model tools I ordered don't arrive till tomorrow anyway

excited, though!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    one of us

one of us

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    If my experience rings true it starts with Barbatos.

It ends with horse gundams.

You belong to bandai now.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I feel like maybe I ought to get a Barbatos.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    If my experience rings true it starts with Barbatos.
    It ends with horse gundams.
    You belong to bandai now.

I think you're experience may be wrong.
    It doesn't end. It never ends.
    You'll have so many tiny robot not-toys you'll have to stack them in a corner just so you can sit down.

But the only reason you're sitting down?
    It's to build more tiny robot not-toys.

• Options
    I don't really like the Barbatos. Only really liking the basic Graze.

• Options
    You only like grunt suits, so that's expected.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Well, I don't like it that much either, but I think I'm the only person that's started building on here recently that didn't buy one.

And he's cheap as hell.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »

Well, I don't like it that much either, but I think I'm the only person that's started building on here recently that didn't buy one.

And he's cheap as hell.

That's pretty much why I got it. I think it looks kinda neat, but it was mostly a 'This is cheap and on Prime shipping, so it's the most inexpensive way to see if I like this' thing.

• Options
    edited February 2016

I like most of the One Year War stuff.

Librarian's ghost on

• Options

Mostly the grunt suits?
    Moriveth wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

And he's cheap as hell.

That's pretty much why I got it. I think it looks kinda neat, but it was mostly a 'This is cheap and on Prime shipping, so it's the most inexpensive way to see if I like this' thing.

I still don't have a Barbatos, but I've been working on other models. I'm detailing the MG Nu Gundam Ver Ka with the Daban Fin Funnels, and it's amazing. I'll post pics in a few days.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My Hyakuren arrived!

Probably gonna build it tomorrow as I need to test out my new fight stick OH GOD WHAT HAVE I BECOME

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Mostly the grunt suits?

What are we counting non-grunt suits during the One Year War? I like the RX-78.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    My Hyakuren arrived!

Probably gonna build it tomorrow as I need to test out my new fight stick OH GOD WHAT HAVE I BECOME

I also bought a fight stick

Stop copying me

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    My Hyakuren arrived!

Stop copying me
    You

You fighting streets, bro?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    My Hyakuren arrived!

Stop copying me
    You

You fighting streets, bro?

Yeh

• Options
    We should fight some Streets bro

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm also planning on buying Tekken 7 and Pokken Tournament :X

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular

Looks like I'll be buying my first P-Bandai kit

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.