Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    exist wrote: »
    Could somebody give me a non-spoilerish idea of where to go next please? I have:
    Killed the blood-starved beast, the graveyard dude, the gross tentacle monster on the bridge early on... I killed the minigun guy on top of the church tower too.

Killing BSB opened a door back in the Cathedral. It's easy to miss.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Final episode of the week is SNAKES SNAKES SNAKES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nks9CxZRNow

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    The immediate right and up an elevator from the Cathedral ward takes you to cool item

Straight out and then flowing to the path takes you to what is currently a dead end

Exiting left has two paths, one to the left which does some stuff and a stairway to the right which does some other stuff

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

oh my god that preview image

broken image link
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    So I got killed by a ghostly looking spectre and woke up in jail

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    exist wrote: »
    So I got killed by a ghostly looking spectre and woke up in jail
    We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I don't understand how to fight the Hemwick witch thing boss
    and neither do the people who summon me

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the thing in front of you is not the witch of hemwick

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    ok seriously how are you people dodging Ebrietas's charge

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I've never been able to. I just pray for lucky runs where she doesn't use it much.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Making sure not to lock on to the big idiot helped me a lot, being able to sprint at any moment helps

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options

oh my god that preview image

I'm kinda proud of myself I have managed to get this reaction out of someone two episodes in a row.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    If you stay close and to the side she won't charge.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Man, ng+ is no joke

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Yeah like most big bosses I just stayed in her face and sometimes dodged right

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I guess when you're 4 games in there's no point in complaining about fights that are just "dont get hit once for 10 minutes"

but c'mon, more artorias and less vendrick please

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

I did this and she still charges

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    What fight is one shotting you? If it's anything that's not a chalice dungeon boss, proceed to get more VIT and try again. Nothing outside of defiled Chalice should come close to 1 shotting you from any boss, outside of maybe Micolash and E:DotC, both of whom can hit you with some nasty 1 shot lasers.

Hell, even on NG+ none of the bosses one shot me with any attacks outside of the 2 aforementioned examples.

• Options

What you have in that fight are:
    2 invisible witches. Just run around the arena and you'll discover them. Start whacking them. One of them will move the boss health bar, but hitting the other one will not. That's because they're hiding the 2nd one's health bar from you, but it's still taking damage from you. Eventually you'll get to see both health bars but I think it only happens after you drain one of them of all their health.

If you don't kill them within X seconds of one another, they will resurrect the other one.

Ideally you want to beat the visible health bar one down until the bar is at like 20%, then find the one who doesn't have a visible health bar, kill it completely, then finish off the first one.

But since the boss is crazy easy to brute force and not clear what's going on at first, what usually happens is what I did my first time there which is run around killing adds until i realize that's not doing anything. Run around until I find one of them, beat it up for a while, run around find another one beat it up and wonder why the health bar isn't moving. Eventually kill the first one's health bar, go wtf why is there another health bar? Kill one, not find the other one fast enough, one I killed gets resurrected, have to kill both of them again. But there was basically never any chance of dying or anything.

It's a goofy fight.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    You want a textbook example of a clusterfuck, you get three people in the Witch of Hemfight fight none of whom knowing how it works, just blasting apart adds forever

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    And if you're getting one shot, remember that any level in anything at all increases your damage reduction.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    You want a textbook example of a clusterfuck, you get three people in the Witch of Hemfight fight none of whom knowing how it works, just blasting apart adds forever

I've done this six times

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I reached a point where I think I'm at the final part of the game, but I would like to make sure I don't end up doing something that puts me in a point of no return.
    My Hunter's Dream house is on fire and I'm told to speak to Gherman at the Great Tree, who gave me a dialog prompt that I then shut the game off before deciding anything.

I'm curious what happens with either option, but I'm worried the game will then auto-save whatever happens next and I won't be able to go back.

Putting this in spoilers in case you straight don't want to know this stuff, but there are no story spoilers or anything, just how many endings, etc.
    You are in fact at the point of no return so to speak. You can still leave the Hunter's dream and do whatever, but if you talk to Gherman you're going to be seeing credits soon after.

There are 3 endings.

1) Accept his offer
    2) Refuse and fight a boss
    2) Refuse and fight 2 bosses if you've consumed 3 of a certain item before beating the first boss here.

Each one of them has a different trophy and ending.

I'd advise turning off auto cloud uploads and forcing a save and then uploading it manually before you talk to him if you're after the platinum trophy. You can just redownload that uploaded save after watching each ending and save yourself having to do NG+ playthroughs or new character playthroughs just for the ending trophies, if you're going to go after the platinum.

Thanks to this guide I was able to get all three endings tonight.
    I have no clear ideas what happened, but it looks like it was a Bad End for your character regardless of which outcome

So what changes in NG+? Does whichever ending you pick reflect on anything?

This is officially the first Souls game I've actually finished. It's a pretty great feeling.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I reached a point where I think I'm at the final part of the game, but I would like to make sure I don't end up doing something that puts me in a point of no return.
    My Hunter's Dream house is on fire and I'm told to speak to Gherman at the Great Tree, who gave me a dialog prompt that I then shut the game off before deciding anything.

I'm curious what happens with either option, but I'm worried the game will then auto-save whatever happens next and I won't be able to go back.

Putting this in spoilers in case you straight don't want to know this stuff, but there are no story spoilers or anything, just how many endings, etc.
    You are in fact at the point of no return so to speak. You can still leave the Hunter's dream and do whatever, but if you talk to Gherman you're going to be seeing credits soon after.

There are 3 endings.

1) Accept his offer
    2) Refuse and fight 2 bosses if you've consumed 3 of a certain item before beating the first boss here.

I'd advise turning off auto cloud uploads and forcing a save and then uploading it manually before you talk to him if you're after the platinum trophy. You can just redownload that uploaded save after watching each ending and save yourself having to do NG+ playthroughs or new character playthroughs just for the ending trophies, if you're going to go after the platinum.

I have no clear ideas what happened, but it looks like it was a Bad End for your character regardless of which outcome

This is officially the first Souls game I've actually finished. It's a pretty great feeling.

play dark souls 1

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

There are 3 endings.

1) Accept his offer

play dark souls 1

I have, I've just never finished it.

I'm mulling over going back to it now or later.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

I did this and she still charges

yeah you have to move left

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Left is the only direction I ever move, mostly, when it comes to bosses

I did have her locked on, though

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    ...Ebrietus has a charge?

• Options
    edited April 2015

There are 3 endings.

1) Accept his offer

Glad to help out! I didn't think about doing that thing, so I only got one ending my first playthrough, and ended up getting the other 2 at the end of NG+, though getting through the entirety of the required campaign in NG+ took me like 5 hours because I didn't need to explore or pick up items so I just ran to the boss of each area.

In NG+, it just gets tougher. More HP, harder hitting enemies. But you're more levelled up and keep all your gear so you're ready to take it on anyway if you're into it. Oh, and no the ending you picked doesn't have any effect on NG+ or anything.

Just fyi, Chalice Dungeons do not scale up on anything but their own difficulty which is set by the depth of the dungeon, so if you want to do them to fight the optional bosses that are in them and what not you can do them on NG+ without any extra challenge added.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    oh. chalice dungeon
    rom again? cool. cool cool cool.

i do not like these chalice dungeons

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Well at least there wouldn't be any meteorite attacks judging from the size of this r

• Options
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    oh. chalice dungeon
    rom again? cool. cool cool cool.

i do not like these chalice dungeons
    I just hid behind pillars and pulled the less conveniently placed spiders away from his line of sight

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    god i fucking hate rom

• Options
    okay well he's dead now so

fuck you rom

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks @Joshmvii and @Speed Racer

I will Hemwick a try later today

I'm also wondering how to abandon the creepy church club thing led by Alfred

and I'm wondering if I should start leveling up the hunter pistol, to complement the blunderbuss,
    Or if I should just wait until I find that long range pistol, evelyn

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    yeah i wanted to get to the last boss of the chalice dungeons but they were wicked hard for not even very many souls right now

and that was... depth 3? i'm new game plus and level 125 why are these so hard

they just aren't very fun

• Options
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    i just beat chalice rom yesterday after countless attempts

just upgraded my tontritus and ignored the spiders after the first wave

the next boss was tough but after a few tries i got him...and now there are like three more chalices open to try

goddamn

i think i'm level 70, still tackling mensis

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    I had zero luck summoning help for Hemwick. I did figure the fight out when others summoned me, so it wasn't a total loss.

• Options

Think I'll work on getting all these before starting over on NG+.

I kind of wish the game would just let you keep your pre-ending file as well as NG+, rather than the latter overwriting the former.