Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I went up and got the item to buy Ludwigs.

But I went down the ladder and held down just a second to long... Falling to my death from the tower.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    oh there's a trophy for getting all the spells

but... I sold them all

I guess I gotta gather them again in this ng+, which is much harder than NG

the weapon trophy should be easy enough at least, just need enough souls to buy them

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I've only been pumping bloodtinge on this second character, meaning so far I only have 9 vit

a surprising number of things can instakill you when you only have 9 vit. Like the Witch of Hemwick... and also while running back to that witch having a molytov hit you at the exact time you're about to parry a charging brick guy, interrupting your parry

losing 60k echos at this stage to that joke boss is very much a put the game down for a bit event

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    -Tal wrote: »
    oh there's a trophy for getting all the spells

but... I sold them all

I guess I gotta gather them again in this ng+, which is much harder than NG

the weapon trophy should be easy enough at least, just need enough souls to buy them

I seem to recall the spell trophy in dark souls 1 working by "have you ever collected this spell on any character" logic rather than "have you got all the spells at the same time on one character" logic, but I could be misremembering, and BB might work differently.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    i just beat chalice rom yesterday after countless attempts

just upgraded my tontritus and ignored the spiders after the first wave

the next boss was tough but after a few tries i got him...and now there are like three more chalices open to try

goddamn

i think i'm level 70, still tackling mensis

The stuff in the chalice dungeon later on is much brutal compared to the story, I would recommend you taking your VIT all the way to 50

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    in general i found that chalice bosses have less health than story bosses (compared to when you typically encounter them) but do more damage

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I've only been pumping bloodtinge on this second character, meaning so far I only have 9 vit

a surprising number of things can instakill you when you only have 9 vit. Like the Witch of Hemwick... and also while running back to that witch having a molytov hit you at the exact time you're about to parry a charging brick guy, interrupting your parry

losing 60k echos at this stage to that joke boss is very much a put the game down for a bit event

Yea you made the same error as me for my second character, it's actually better to put all points into VIT (50) first and then go into whatever build you want, it's the difference between one shoting bosses or getting one shot

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    in general i found that chalice bosses have less health than story bosses (compared to when you typically encounter them) but do more damage

this is what i have been finding from the start as well

the exception has been BLB, that was very much a regular slug 'n' chug

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I really wish I could find a let's player who will send everyone to Iosefka's clinic.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

Only until depth 4 and 5

You will absolutely encounter repeat bosses with 3 times the health they have in the regular game in the lower dungeons.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I didn't even find the clinic until
    I found the shortcut that allows access to the inside.

I guess I just never saw any reason to go back to the beginning until then?

Anyway I talked to the lady and then went around the back and killed stuff almost straight away.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    One shot boss for the third ending, on to ng+!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    So I killed Amygdala but I don't know where do go from here

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Its a optional area

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    So I killed Amygdala but I don't know where do go from here

Have you beaten the boss in the unseen village? If so keep exploring the lecture hall

• Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
    Is there any reason why I shouldn't just sell these worthless <1% bloodgems that I have a ton of or are you able combine them later on?

• Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    pthumeru ihyll with all of the rites activated is no joke

and theres a monster I've never seen before, so that's nice

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I thought something was up with that axe man in the forbidden woods
    Was expecting beast mode. Found snake mode!

Then he one-shotted me :/

aaaaand I lost a butt load of souls

Mirro on
  • Options
    So I got invaded for the first time in the Nightmare Frontier. Is there like a huge level range for invading? Because this fool was down with two swipes from Ludwig's

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    So I got invaded for the first time in the Nightmare Frontier. Is there like a huge level range for invading? Because this fool was down with two swipes from Ludwig's

any time you see the message about a woman ringing a sinister bell it's open season for invasions, theres' an enemy hidden somewhere in the area who's opening you up for invasions from anybody until you kill her

• Options
    Is that the only time there's invavions?

broken image link
  • Options
    Is that the only time there's invavions?

it's the only time invasions aren't opt-in

basically any time you try to summon someone for help it makes it so that both helpful people and invaders can join your game

• Options
    u-uh, oh, so thats what was making the sucking vortex in the cathedral D:
    I'm guessing I'll find it's cousin when I go try out this tonsil stone

• Options

any time you see the message about a woman ringing a sinister bell it's open season for invasions, theres' an enemy hidden somewhere in the area who's opening you up for invasions from anybody until you kill her

Yeah I figured that out on my own. I was asking about the level range.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Level range is roughly +/- 20

That person may have just had low vit

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    What is this rune thing I found?

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2015
    caryll runes are functionally equivalent to rings from dark souls, but you need to find a certain item before you can actually equip them in the hunter's dream

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    At what point should i get access to covenants? I'm at the forbidden woods but i also just stumbled upon the lecture hall.

• Options
    Mirro wrote: »
    At what point should i get access to covenants? I'm at the forbidden woods but i also just stumbled upon the lecture hall.

there's 3 covenants in the game

one of them you get for completing the bird lady's quest line

the other two you get for completing everything related to Cainhurst Castle, which is a quest line you can start once you find a secret area in the forbidden woods, near the shanty town

• Options
    Best costume is bird lady hat and cloak, bone ash gauntlets and pants.

I kind of like how costume stats don't make that much difference and there is no encumbrance, so you can Fashion Souls to your heart's content.

broken image link
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    a new chalice mob has- what the
    wow, when you have the hemwick witches in your dungeon, this game gets some serious slowdown

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Best costume is bird lady hat and cloak, bone ash gauntlets and pants.

I kind of like how costume stats don't make that much difference and there is no encumbrance, so you can Fashion Souls to your heart's content.

There's invisible encumberance that makes your stamina regen slower.

Do whatever, but it all boils down to don't have the hand lantern on if you don't need it.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So there's a lady standing outside of this entrance all bloody and screaming that I can't talk to or find any information on. People keep talking about this game's deep narrative and story. Where is this story? How is this supposed narrative imparted to the player? Everything is so vague. The doll hasn't had anything new to say in forever, the wheelchair guy in Hunter's dream never had much to say, and the bosses never have anything to say. You just walk into their lair, they're given a name, and then you have to kill them.

Also, wheelchair guy:
    He's gone without a trace for some reason. No idea why.

I'm pretty sure I'm knocking on the door of the final boss and still have no clue what is going on.

Butters on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Yeah, if you want straight up exposition the item descriptions are your best bet. Even the crafting materials and whatnot have interesting write ups, worth perusing

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    The story is basically in the idea that literally nothing you see or read in the game is there on accident or coincidental. So you have a billion fan theories on everything and how they connect.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Also as to your specific question I have no idea what the screaming bloody lady is all about

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    The game's developer has specifically talked about how he would make up stories to fit what he read as a kid and wants to recreate that experience

There's no need to unravel what's "really going on" because there might be nothing specific; you have to make up your own narrative and logical leaps

This dev's not going to go on Reddit and say HAHAHA NOPE to fan theories, since they're the point

That said, the game feels like it is mechanically incomplete so maybe there are some story bits missing too

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Honestly, there isn't MUCH missing from the overall story. There's a couple of pieces that needs clarification yeah, but as far as story is concerned, it's got a ton more story then, say, Dark Souls 1.

Like, it's kind of interesting, in contrast, actually. Dark Souls, the original, was actually very sparse on information, and even with ALL of it, there's honestly not that much STORY there. it's more of a framework, a setting, if you will.

Meanwhile, Bloodborne is basically tonally opposite. I'm gonna put this in spoilers, but it'll actually be pretty light on them.
    Yharnam is an actual, active city, and it shows in the story. In Dark Souls you're basically a lone dude crawlin around a dead world full of ancient god's.

In Bloodborne you are activley participating during a catastrophic event inside a city.

Bloodborne is basically if you were THERE during the undead outbreak in Dark Souls 1, rather than crawling around the ruins years, if not decades later.

In both games you lack information, however, in Bloodborne it's a bit more flustrating because, "OH MY GOD THERE ARE PEOPLE RIGHT THERE TALK TO ME GODDAMMIT WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?"

Dark Souls dosen't have to worry about it, because the people who were gone are long dead anyhow, and finding someone who's not crazy and willing to talk to you is a small miracle in and of itself.

All in all though, I actually like Bloodborne's story. You can tell it's a fully fleshed out realized world, with an actual set in stone story that you can figure out via observation, there's just a couple of kinda minor things ommited, probably for exploration via DLC.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    What's on the other side of that frigging closed door and the bridge in front of it in Central Yharnam is my main concern, that shit is iritating

Hobnail on