Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    DLC is on the way. I think they said later this year?

edit: the chalice dungeons are worth sticking through imo. there are unique bosses to it and once you get to say Loran it becomes an actual risk, although, the general layout won't ever change.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    If you aren't interested in trophies I think the only chalice worth diving into is Loran, for the Abhorrent Beast fight (and claws). Bloodletting Beast in Great Pthumeru is fun as well, but it's just a slog to get there.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Pre new game plus, the first Isz level is incredibly good for echo farming

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    are the controls for bloodborne similar to other souls games?

I'm finally starting to get used to them, but for a while yesterday I kept panic mashing the face buttons forgetting the triggers are the attack buttons

They're basically the same yeah

The main difference is that the L buttons are general used for shields

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    should i be saving coldblood dews or are they pretty much just for consuming for echos

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    should i be saving coldblood dews or are they pretty much just for consuming for echos

they're the same as soul consumables in the souls games

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

they're the same as soul consumables in the souls games

I have never played a souls game before

• Options
    they are just there to chomp for echoes

• Options
    so there's the echo gems, shards for weapon upgrades, and some kind of gems that go in your weapon slots?

• Options
    you get the tool for slotting blood gems after beating the witch of hemwick

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Think of the coldblood as like bonds. They are meant for consuming for echoes but those echoes can theoretically be lost after you cash them in. So it's best to use them in the hunter's dream and to spend them right away.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Double post for no reason

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Coldblood is nice for when you're juuuuuuuust shy of having enough echoes for a sweet new weapon, or a level up.

The game also seems to drop them more in areas where you're likely to die a shit-ton, which is very considerate because you don't lose them upon death.

• Options
    yeah I had confused coldbloods for gems for some reason

thanks everybody

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »

that's a funny joke but they didn't commit to it enough

like, no, actually you don't start in that cloud place

and that goomba mother is clearly not in the same level as those parakoopas!

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I got sent to gaol for my crimes
    jokes on them, they were locked in there with me. now i've got a +5 cane and the crowfeather set

oh yeah, does it matter if I do hemwick before/after vicar amelia? is there anything I should take care of before advancing the night (I already failed elieen's quest, so there's that)

Naphtali on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2015
    I think some of the alternate areas become harder after doing Amelia, but I don't think anything closes off.

Generally speaking, the Amelia fight can be a pain, so if you do the side quests first you'll be better prepared for it.

Hemwick fun fact:
    the Hemwick witch isn't super hard anyway, but I blew all my insight on twin blood shards before going in there and learned that if you have no insight, those freaky sickle beasts don't even spawn. Which means the battle consists of you running around smacking a helpless old lady for a few minutes.

EDIT: Finishing Hemwick gives you a very helpful item that you will definitely want, so I'd recommend you do it as early as you can.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    are the controls for bloodborne similar to other souls games?

I'm finally starting to get used to them, but for a while yesterday I kept panic mashing the face buttons forgetting the triggers are the attack buttons

They're basically the same yeah

The main difference is that the L buttons are general used for shields

I think you mean for dual wielding, parrying with a parrying dagger, shooting with an offhand crossbow, or spell catalyst usage. Though yeah, there is an emergency block if you're two-handing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I've been taking a Bloodborne break (partly due to the FF12 playthrough thread and now because of a week-long vacation visiting family) and I can feel my skills atrophying. I'm sure I'll come back to it and everything will hand me my ass again. Might have to take a visit to Grindsville, USA (aka Castle Cainhurst). Gotta git gud for the endgame!

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    I haven't touched ff12 since I got this game

Sorry wyborn

• Options
    god damn, those fucking jumpy mosquitomanpire mobs at the start of cainhurst are awful

but the real MVP for most annoying mobs to fight are those worms down in the ravine. What's the best way to kill those fuckers without getting swarmed? I feel like with lock on the whip misses them a ton, especially when they get danger close. I have blade of mercy at +6 but I find myself using the safety of the transformed cane forward+R2/dodge+R2 a lot to deal with stuff

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Just run away. There's nothing in that area you're gonna really want, and things stop following you once you get inside.

Also I feel like the worms just keep respawning?

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Yeah those bloodsucker guys are waste of vials to try and fight (level dependending) and won't follow you into the castle. I think their ass is supposed to be a weak point but if there's a reliable way to target it I couldn't figure it out. They were way too quick for me to get behind.

Butters on
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »
    Yeah those bloodsucker guys are waste of vials to try and fight (level dependending) and won't follow you into the castle. I think their ass is supposed to be a weak point but if there's a reliable way to target it I couldn't figure it out. They were way too quick for me to get behind.

I was able to get the drop on one of the 3 that were in the corner with the coldblood and numbing mist, but a charged R2 from the cane didn't seem to stagger it for a visceral

but yeah the time->echos ratio for those guys are poor, I just wanted to clear out the area at least once to get all the items. all I have left is whatever's in that ravine with the worms but I still have to clear out a few of those leapers first

• Options

I was able to get the drop on one of the 3 that were in the corner with the coldblood and numbing mist, but a charged R2 from the cane didn't seem to stagger it for a visceral

but yeah the time->echos ratio for those guys are poor, I just wanted to clear out the area at least once to get all the items. all I have left is whatever's in that ravine with the worms but I still have to clear out a few of those leapers first

Go to where the shortcut elevator is, and fall down into the crevice below for a suicide run. It'll land you right on top of the item without too much fall damange (I think the item is just a coldblood), and the worms will take you away to heaven

• Options
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

Go to where the shortcut elevator is, and fall down into the crevice below for a suicide run. It'll land you right on top of the item without too much fall damange (I think the item is just a coldblood), and the worms will take you away to heaven

whoa spoilers

• Options
    Sorry you're right, this is Bloodborne we're talking about

I meant hell, of course

• Options
    worse

groundhog day

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    the bloodsuckers are the woooooooooooooorst

i know it's probably wise to just run from them, but my attitude in these games is supremely stubborn. i see them surrounding an item and i'm like

no, fuck you guys, i'm not letting you beat me. i'm getting that fucking item i don't care what it is.

this mindset also led me to never summoning another player for help ever.

also uh

also punching the very first werewolf to death. yes, punching. because i couldn't let him beat me, damn it.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I can't run by enemies in Souls games. Everything must die, all zones must be explored

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    I happily ran by them after I realized how tough they were because I was doing a tinge build and didn't have Chikage yet so my damage was laughable

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I kinda wound up doing a second run through, since the game is a dick and auto-starts a New Game+ as soon as you beat it. It's like, "Well, I'm back here, guess I better kill some shit with my shiny new deathscythe," and then suddenly I'm up to my dick in Church Giants.

But I hit a brick wall with Amelia v2.0, so that might mean I can quit now. Because fuck that stupid deer-faced asshole and her one shot kills.

I ain't going back. I am free! FREEEEEEEEEEEE!

Until tomorrow, at least.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I guess you could just start a new character rather than deal with NG+

so far I'm thinking of finishing my skill character, I started one I'm gonna try a quality build on, and probably try a bloodtinge build for the hell of it after that (though I really have no idea how to go about this, I assume its based around using the Evelyn and maybe Chikage/Reiterpallasch)

Naphtali on
  • Options
    Tinge was pretty fun once I finally got Chikage but it was a bit of a slog before then. Luckily I picked base stats that gave me a few points in arcane so I was able to get through with stronger Molotov's and take down BSB, Amelia, and Rom with the flame sprayer.

• Options
    how do you deal with chikage's life leach, use gems that refund health if there are any? or just a lot of use of bloodvials + radiance rune

also finally starting to get close to end game. all that's left is the one reborn, nightmare of mensis, nightmare frontier, and then the last secret bosses. wheeee

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    how do you deal with chikage's life leach, use gems that refund health if there are any? or just a lot of use of bloodvials + radiance rune

also finally starting to get close to end game. all that's left is the one reborn, nightmare of mensis, nightmare frontier, and then the last secret bosses. wheeee

Judicious use. It isn't that bad per swing, and if you can't kill something in two-three hits, then you probably shouldn't be using it or need better gem's.

On bosses the lifedrain is basically a stray hit from a boss or two, so heal up when appropriate.

• Options
    Yeah you don't leave it on all the time and it's loss is slow enough to be managed rather easily with vials.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    For the mostpart the chikage life drain is slow enough to not be a big deal, however the transformed R2 attack does enough self damage to be useless. You do get an alternate L2 attack though

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    the one reborn? more like

something really gross but at least its dead now, idk. beat it through attrition on the second attempt but couldn't figure out how to stagger it for viscerals

decided to go back and deal with nightmare frontier before mensis and wow I should have done this a while ago, its a lot easier than some of the stuff I've had to deal with lately... except for those brain ladies that cause frenzy. how are you supposed to deal with them, do I need to pop a sedative before the frenzy meter maxes out? I died at that one corner where the brain lady is waiting like three times and decided to call it a night before I got too frustrated