As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Yesssssssssssssssss, rhylith you're a saint, excellent strategy!
    Did it with 0 blood vials left and 3 bullets in the barrel. Got a visceral right at the end to finish him off, whew! What a jerk, glad he's dead.

Poor Eileen though. She didn't look like she was doing so hot. After giving me the crowfeather badge, she just kinda lay there panting, and now there's just a bloodstain where she used to be.

...which of course means that she went to go retire to a farm up north! Excellent, I'm glad my good friend Eileen will be able to take it easy and that she's perfectly, perfectly safe and alive.

Yes.

And now I have the crowfeather cape, which is swank

fashionborne

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    honestly the thing I'm looking for the most in the upcoming expansion is not new monsters or locations

it's new clothes

gotta make sure my hunter looks sharp when dispensing foul beasts

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I don't know how a new set of clothes is going to be better than my snake robes tbh

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    okay i beat this game

overall i thought it was fantastic. it grabbed me quicker than demon's souls and dark souls, but i may not have given those as much of a chance as i should have, so i might go back to them. that said, the gameplay of this one was more up my alley with the quicker combat and the emphasis on dodging as opposed to slow, methodical blocking and etc.

like all these games though i think the thing i love the most is just the aesthetic and the sound design. it's probably the best of anything i've ever played, or even seen.

regarding late game stuff:
    is it just me or are all the bosses after rom fairly easy? i took out celestial guardian, micolithe, amygdala, mergo's wet nurse, and moon presence in one shot. i had to make a second attempt on ebritas and gherman just because they surprised me with a random high damaging attack.

edit: correction- micolithe took me two shots because i accidentally rolled into a pit my first attempt. that does not count!!

amusingly enough the boss i had the hardest time against was probably cleric beast just because i had to get used to how the bosses worked. blood starved and logarias were probably the toughest after that.

so i dunno if i was just overeleved at the end or what. i think i was 90 something. fully upgraded ludwig's blade. i only went to grind echos once out of boredom and all i did was buy some armor, so it's not like i got stuck and felt i had to grind a bunch of levels to continue ever. i was pretty good about not dying twice and permanently losing echos, though. i think that only happened to me 3 times or so. so maybe i'm just disciplined in my echo management.

the hardest fights are definitely against other hunters, like the 3 you fight at once. those bloodsucker enemies at the beginning of cainhurst are also a major pain.

i guess i still have chalice dungeons to go through, since i only did two. they're a little dull, though, since they mostly all look the same.

NG+ is harder, i imagine, simply since you can't really level up your weapon anymore and the levels you do get eventually have diminishing returns.

also i pretty much had no idea what happened at the end. i kinda suck at following the plots where all the info is very scarce and hidden in item descriptions and stuff.

Adus on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I found gherman and ebrietas incredibly difficult

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    cuz u bad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Oh man, the game is back to legitimately unnerving me again
    Unlocked the upper cathedral ward, and the background music (which has been mostly absent throughout the game) is setting right on edge. That and the echoing in that building where all the werewolves are hiding out is super atmospheric.

Yargle Blargle the Unseen Village also had some creepy music going on, but my annoyance with the constantly respawning enemies kind of drowned out any fear I might have been feeling. Got to what I'm pretty sure is the boss room and peaced out with a bold hunter's mark, as I was carrying a hefty number of echoes. I did appreciate all the blood chunks though! Hello +8 Ludwig's, you ya doing there

• Options
    Oh man, the game is back to legitimately unnerving me again
    Unlocked the upper cathedral ward, and the background music (which has been mostly absent throughout the game) is setting right on edge. That and the echoing in that building where all the werewolves are hiding out is super atmospheric.

Yargle Blargle the Unseen Village also had some creepy music going on, but my annoyance with the constantly respawning enemies kind of drowned out any fear I might have been feeling. Got to what I'm pretty sure is the boss room and peaced out with a bold hunter's mark, as I was carrying a hefty number of echoes. I did appreciate all the blood chunks though! Hello +8 Ludwig's, you ya doing there

make contact

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I beg your pardon?

• Options
    edited July 2015
    I beg your pardon?

goto 10:25

https://youtu.be/T-LD2n_ZObs?t=627

Naphtali on
  • Options
    don't... don't make contact... i never want to make contact with the thing i made contact with ever again

• Options
    I beg your pardon?

make contact

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    cuz u bad

speaking of which, speed when is the big boss run of bloodborne

• Options
    Oh, a gesture! Haven't gotten to that part yet, a werewolf decided to play pat-a-cake with my intestines so I thought I'd call it a day.

• Options
    Playing this game after a decently long Dark Souls 2 run made me realize that it controls a lot better. If the movement was just slightly less flit-y it would be perfect. Also, having your run take up vastly less stamina is such a good quality of life change over 2.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think the Brain of Mensis might be the most fucked up thing I have ever seen.

It is in the running with every other goddamn thing in that level.
    Good Christ those dogbird things. I suspect Google's ANN was playing Bloodborne before generating all those Deep Dreams images.

And a special bonus Good Christ to running into the post-plummet Brain in that pitch black pit of what-the-I-don't-even.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    honestly the thing I'm looking for the most in the upcoming expansion is not new monsters or locations

it's new clothes

gotta make sure my hunter looks sharp when dispensing foul beasts

always the most important part of souls DLC

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    by the way the game was patched today to make it so that you don't spend insight if you ring the summoning bell and don't get a summon

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Make contact is the crux of this game

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    cuz u bad

speaking of which, speed when is the big boss run of bloodborne

there's no real big boss equivalent, you kinda just beat it or you don't

the closes thing would be doing the company of champions in dark souls 2 but i already did that on my first playthrough

• Options
    I guess you could try to beat it at level 1................

• Options
    yes speed. yessss.

also i just rewatched my fight with
    gherman

it actually took 3 tries, not two. whoops. however, i didn't even realize while playing, but i somehow did it that attempt without using a single vial. i am bloodborne masterrrr.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    all the bosses are easy

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    you're easy!

• Options
    exist wrote: »
    all the bosses are easy

The bosses are your mom?

That explains why they went down so quickly.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Bloodborne has two bosses, humans you need to stun and big guys you need to hug

Then, there is the defiled chalice

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Regular chalice dungeons have big bosses you don't want to hug.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Well Brad Shoemaker's Platinum run on this has inspired me to at least try to finish it (though going for the platinum is tempting).
    As of last night I think I only have Mergo's Wet Nurse left - aside from the optional Gehrman stuff.

Fighting Micolash was hilarious. I managed to cheese his second phase by continuously R2 thrusting him through the gate to the room he was in. I literally didn't step foot into the room. A fitting end to a lame-o boss.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    the only trophy that's keeping me from Platinum is the second ending one

I already got the first ending, and the third "secret" ending

but I just

I can't bring myself to make a character that'll get stuck with that second ending

it's fucking brutal

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    was it ever figured out why the beasthood stat was such a big important secret that they delayed the strategy guide so there wouldn't be any leaks about it?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i went through the whole game without even trying it. i imagine a lot of people did. felt kinda unnecessary. i wonder if it's better on NG+. i'm kind of afraid to start since the enemies already take a couple hits and my sword is already fully upgraded... i want this game to be hard but not TOO hard!

• Options
    Mergo's Wet Nurse goes down! Suck it, nightmare beast!

Time to go chill at my crib and cash in some echwait why the fuck is my goddamn house engulfed in flames.

• Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Time to go chill at my crib and cash in some echwait why the fuck is my goddamn house engulfed in flames.

he is waiting for you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I had the exact same reaction. I was all, "Well, time to go spend some sweet blood echoe.....WHAT THEE EFF!?"
    And the dolls just standing there like, "Wut?".

• Options
    well I broke down and bought a ps4 and bloodborne thanks to prime day

soon i will be the fashionborne

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    well I broke down and bought a ps4 and bloodborne thanks to prime day

soon i will be the fashionborne

:+1:

• Options
    Also I am now rocking some sweet Crowfeather gear and looking rad. It wasn't as good against arcane, but I still managed to roundly thump that fucker
    Logarius
    after getting my ass handed to me a dozen times.

Some might think it was the fifteen levels I gained in the interim.

But I know it was because I was looking so, so rad.