As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    OH GOD

these bosses are so fast.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Well I have found my most favorite bloodgem

Killing enemies with the riposte nets me two quicksilver bullets each time? Please and thank you

Once I found that gem and the one that also restores health from a riposte I couldn't play without them

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Shadows of Yharnam down! Slight spoilers below for that boss, plus area name and location spoilers for mid-game:
    Took 3 tries, had better luck riposting when I switched back to the shotgun. Fuuuuuck that final form with the giant snakes. I went for the ranged fireball thrower first, since he kept messing up my swings.

So I've got three options now-- I'll probably try another swing at Logarius in Cainhurst, but after that there's the Nightmare Frontier and whatever lies ahead of the boss arena for the Shadows of Yharnam. Which should I do first, if I want to clear out all available sidequests before progressing the story?

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Took 3 tries, had better luck riposting when I switched back to the shotgun. Fuuuuuck that final form with the giant snakes. I went for the ranged fireball thrower first, since he kept messing up my swings.

So I've got three options now-- I'll probably try another swing at Logarius in Cainhurst, but after that there's the Nightmare Frontier and whatever lies ahead of the boss arena for the Shadows of Yharnam. Which should I do first, if I want to clear out all available sidequests before progressing the story?
    The route after the Shadows is the way to progress the main story, the other two areas are optional side-quests.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    OH GOD

Shadows? There's a solid strategy to take them down if you want me to share it.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    OH GOD

Shadows? There's a solid strategy to take them down if you want me to share it.
    Yeah that might help me out

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Ok
    you want to take down the sword guy first. He's really aggressive but predictable and most of his moves can be parried. The guy that throws the fireballs is easy to dodge so long as you draw the other two away from him. Use the big rock as a shield whenever possible.

The fire breathing guy is always covering the sword guy so when you attack sword guy do it quickly and then back out so you don't get flamed. Visceral attack gives a lot of invincibility so if you parry the sword guy you should be able to get the visceral in without taking damage most of the time.

After you get the three of them down to 50% total (that's all three of them combined) they'll go into snake mode. Dodge side to side, not backwards in this mode. Sword guy in snake mode has a super obnoxious uppercut that stuns forever. If you get hit and need to heal run away but in between healing dodge side-to-side.

Once you take down sword guy go for the fireball guy. He can't do much when you go after him, his fireballs aren't too hard to dodge, and all he really does is back up when you go in on him. The fire breather will come after you but his attack is slow and you should be relatively safe just chasing down the other guy. After he's down pull out your quickest attack weapon with the lowest stamina usage possible and go balls to the wall on the last guy. He literally cannot attack you when you are close. All of his moves in his final form require channeling and distance. Go straight at him as soon as the second guy is dead and don't stop attacking. If you have a fast weapon like the cane or Ludwig's use it standard one-handed mode and ignore your stamina. Just go at him and mash R1 and he'll go down.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was unable to do the Shadows dudes and had to wuss out with the dagger that makes them attack each other. It was pretty hilarious watching them go all Three Stooges on each other, though, and it made the fight a cake walk.

I'm on vacation now and can't play, and I can feel my skills atrophying.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    I didn't even know there was an item that did that!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Is it OK to talk about Dark Souls in here

Because I finally got around to reading an E3 preview for Dark Souls 3 and oh my Jesus

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

Because I finally got around to reading an E3 preview for Dark Souls 3 and oh my Jesus

Yes, Jesus is the second boss of the game.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    There are active Dark Souls threads in G&T and SE+ that are probably better spots for it, but I doubt anybody's going to jump down your throat for posting some stuff about DS3 in a Bloodborne thread. It's all Souls.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    There has been plenty of souls talk here just try not to spoil anything from previous games, please.

Butters on
  • Options
    I only ask because the last souls thread is on page 100 and was last posted in back in May

I'll swing by the G&T thread, I just wanted to register an excitement that is making me shake

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    i didn't like demon's souls or dark souls but i'm really loving bloodborne. it also makes me scream at my screen a bunch, but what is love if it doesn't frustrate you to the core sometimes and yet you still push on?

also this happened because i'm a pro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN0PAPhis1A

maybe don't watch the playthrough on my channel if you don't like watching someone play the game like an idiot.

Adus on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Those rock throwers might be responsible for more deaths than any other non boss enemy in Bloodborne for me. I just kept forgetting to worry about them, and a few times I mistimed dodges on the rocks because I was so nervous that it was going to happen again. Hah.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    There are active Dark Souls threads in G&T and SE+ that are probably better spots for it, but I doubt anybody's going to jump down your throat for posting some stuff about DS3 in a Bloodborne thread. It's all Souls.

SE++ has no on-topic rules, you can talk about Dark Souls in the My Little Pony thread if you really want to.

broken image link
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'd just ask that you spoiler tag dark souls 3 discussion because i intend to go into that as blind as possible

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Well I'm not reading anything else about it either but I know enough now

I know enough

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Bloodborne optional boss spoilers
    LOGARIUS YOU FROZEN PIECE OF SHIT AAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHUUGHAHG

stand still so I can kill you

Also when I'm fighting him and he's flailing around his beard and robes and all that jazz, I can't help but see:

1AT_ice_king_character.png

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Wyborn wrote: »

YO(DS3 trailer talk)
    That lady. In the trailer. I need it to be the DS2 protagonist.

I NEED IT TO BE THE DS2 PROTAGONIST.

I.

NEEED.

IT.

Transporter on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    oh hey thread. I dusted off my PS3 because our alternative Netflix device was being a shit, so I decided to pick up a used a copy of Dark Souls 2 and play it finally.

kind of a rough, slow start, different from the first two games, but now that things are opening up and I'm killing bosses I'm really enjoying it. Started as a duel wielder because NEW SHINY but missed blocking too much and started over.

I missed this so much.

• Options
    GOT HIM
    SUCK IT LOGARIUS

Also gave that executioner guy the summons I found in the queen's chamber. Uh.... that was... hm. I mean I guess I can't judge him too much, considering how drenched in blood my character gets on an hourly basis, but still

Dude doesn't seem to be super stable right now

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    GOT HIM
    SUCK IT LOGARIUS

Also gave that executioner guy the summons I found in the queen's chamber. Uh.... that was... hm. I mean I guess I can't judge him too much, considering how drenched in blood my character gets on an hourly basis, but still

Dude doesn't seem to be super stable right now

Is anyone in Yharnam?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    The people I rescued are in the cathedral ward! Is that what you mean?

Or
    Are you talking about how he appears to have killed himself? I found that soon after I made the post. :( Come on dude, I need all the friendly NPCs I can get, don't go offing yourself now.

Eileen had better make it through this game

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    The people I rescued are in the cathedral ward! Is that what you mean?

Or
    Are you talking about how he appears to have killed himself? I found that soon after I made the post. :( Come on dude, I need all the friendly NPCs I can get, don't go offing yourself now.

Eileen had better make it through this game

Uh. Dog. Did you save that fellow outside of the windmill with the snake headed dudes?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Sent him to the clinic. I got a heads-up on him.

• Options
    Nightmare Frontier spoilers
    Ooooookay THOSE are some different enemy designs all right. Straight from werewolves into pure Lovecraft.

As a side note, this area is the only place in Bloodborne where I feel I was dying through no fault of my own. Those boulder-hurling fuckers are absolute bullshit, it seems as though their boulders actually track you and the debris from when they explode doesn't seem to have a clearly defined window for when they're still 'dangerous.' Add poison, movement-restricting swamp into the mix and you've got a recipe for a salty Didgeridoo.

Took down Amygdala, got some chalices. Is that all that's in the Frontier? I'm feeling a little shorted at the moment, for how much of a pain in the butt this area was.

Looks like the only path I've left unexplored is the one after the Shadows of Yharnam. Onward, into mystery!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nightmare frontier is indeed fully optional

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yeah probably the best thing that area has going for it is easy PvP matching.

• Options
    FFfffffffffuuuuuuuuuccckkk this hunter
    Killed that awful spider thing, now the whole world's gone even crazier and Cthulu is hanging out on the side of the church??

Also Eileen lady, stay the fuck down, I'll take care of your hunter probl-- whoops no I guess I won't

I have thrown myself against the brick wall that is this hunter about 10 times so far, and I just can't seem to take him down. Might have to grind for a bit. In any event, I'll have to grind out some souls so I can buy blood vials. :/

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    That hunter is super tough.
    one trick that takes a while but is effective is to let him keep using his poison on himself and kite him around without getting hit. He'll burn his heal and still keep using the ability. Then when he's weak enough you can go in for the kill.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    didge, a minor spoiler regarding those rock guys:
    you haven't seen the last of them, and the next area you find them in is even MORE annoying!!

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    didge, a minor spoiler regarding those rock guys:
    you haven't seen the last of them, and the next area you find them in is even MORE annoying!!

Oh noooooooo!

• Options
    My best match against that hunter asshole yet, and the power goes out.

I think the eldritch gods of Bloodborne are telling me I've played enough for today

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    To beat hunters you just gotta git gud at gunstun

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I've beaten every other hunter with gunstun, I swear!
    When I try and gunstun this bad boy, he punishes me HARD. Usually end up taking a double-pistol to the face followed by a couple sword swipes for good measure. Dude hits like a truck. Alternately, he's gotten the riposte on me,which is terrifying

Truly, I must git gud-er :P

Edit: I realize I never actually clarified which hunter I'm talking about. It's Eileen's hunter, the one with the crow feather armor and crazy samurai sword.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    I've never fought that guy because I kept forgetting about Eileen before it was too late but a handful of the hunters (including Eileen herself) have really small and inconsistent stun windows. The Hunter in the loft before Rahm is probably the worst offender. If you have some arcane you can try
    Beast Roar. For two bullets you get to knock a close range hunter on their ass and get a few cheap combos in.

• Options
    Yesssssssssssssssss, @rhylith you're a saint, excellent strategy!
    Did it with 0 blood vials left and 3 bullets in the barrel. Got a visceral right at the end to finish him off, whew! What a jerk, glad he's dead.

Poor Eileen though. She didn't look like she was doing so hot. After giving me the crowfeather badge, she just kinda lay there panting, and now there's just a bloodstain where she used to be.

...which of course means that she went to go retire to a farm up north! Excellent, I'm glad my good friend Eileen will be able to take it easy and that she's perfectly, perfectly safe and alive.

Yes.

And now I have the crowfeather cape, which is swank

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Yesssssssssssssssss, @rhylith you're a saint, excellent strategy!
    Did it with 0 blood vials left and 3 bullets in the barrel. Got a visceral right at the end to finish him off, whew! What a jerk, glad he's dead.

Poor Eileen though. She didn't look like she was doing so hot. After giving me the crowfeather badge, she just kinda lay there panting, and now there's just a bloodstain where she used to be.

...which of course means that she went to go retire to a farm up north! Excellent, I'm glad my good friend Eileen will be able to take it easy and that she's perfectly, perfectly safe and alive.

Yes.

And now I have the crowfeather cape, which is swank

wooooooooo!