Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Thanks for clicking on this thread title, it's most appreciated! If you're new and hoping to see how you can buy PAX Prime tickets then I'm afraid you're in the wrong thread. This is about a community driven thing that has been running since 2008. It's a badge that is designed and created by me with a massive dose of help from people in these fine forums. That's right, someone like you who is still reading this message. The badge is created for the single purpose of identifying forum members during PAX. It's worn alongside the PAX pass and exists for both PAX East and PAX Prime.
The design of the badge has now been settled and the thread below details its evolution. The badge design for PAX Prime 2015 is based on a faded Atari 2600 game cart box that has been left out in the sun:
In order to get your name on the back of the badge you must contribute to this thread by midnight BST on Friday 14th August 2015.
The SPOILER button below hides the questions and answers to those questions for people who are collecting the Forum Badges from the BYOC registration desk at PAX Prime. If you're a forum regular they should be very easy to answer, if not you won't have a clue. This is why these questions exist so that only forum members get a Forum Badge.
1) Name ONE unofficial PAX Prime 2015 community event/thing:
* Pre-PAX Dinner
* Cookie Brigade
* Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup
* Post PAX Party
* Pre PAX Pub Crawl (formerly the Tri Wizard Drinking Tournament)
* PAX Prime Challenge Coin
* Magical Mystery Tour
2) Who made the Forum Badges?
Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]
3) Do Mike and Jerry read the Penny Arcade forums?
4) Name/Handle of a PAX Forum Moderator?
Moe Fwacky or zerzhul
5) What is the theme for the PAX Prime 2015 forum badge?
Atari VCS or 2600 video game cartridge box
6) What item do you have to collect in the PAX Forum Badge Atari game?
7) There were two other themes that were considered for this year's forum badge, can you name one of them?
Kickstarter or Early Access
8) There is a group of PAX attendees that give out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?
The Cookie Brigade
9) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definitely not, under any circumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?
10) What is in the two tone colour of the shield within the PAX community crest?
Red and Blue
Spoiler below is the OP that introduced the design process to the forum members.
Every year each PAX gets its own badge and unique design. For PAX East 2015 we went for Back to the Future due to the second film being set in 2015. For PAX Prime I have the following suggestions for the PAX Forum Badge:
1) Kickstarter Badge - Fictional crowd funded badge that will have all the trappings of Kickstarter without actually having the stress of getting funding in the first place.
2) Satirical Badge - Sarcastic swipes at recent developments in video game culture, Gamergate being a good example. I was thinking something along the lines of 'This isn't about forum badges but ethics in video game journalism'.
3) Free to Wear Forum badge - While its technically free to wear and own the Forum badge there will be some micro-transaction related stuff on the badge as a means to poke fun at this funding model.
4) Early Access Forum badge - Partially finished badge that barely passes as one.
5) Atari box art Forum badge - As a retro gaming nut I'd love to do an Atari box art themed badge
Let me know what ones work for you by responding to this message and I'll pick the top 3 to develop into draft images. We'll then vote to see which out of those three we go with. Over to you, you amazing community of fun loving people you!