As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2015 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

15678911»

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    is the Saturday morning panel listed as "people doing panel" in the mail hall at 10am still just a placeholder or is it that vague on purpose because its some big secret thing?

That is not a placeholder, that is all they wanted it called.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • 2spock2spock Registered User regular
    idk if this would go here but im curious on the swag, specifically on shirts you get when you pre order games, do you pre order for the full amount of the game? or like gamestop pre order put like 5 dollars? want to know how much i need to set aside for games lol.

• PrivateNewbiePrivateNewbie Registered User regular
    I am told, this is the place to post.

In the Lumines tournament, which version of Lumines and what gamemode will be used? Thanks.

It will be Lumines for PSP, although I'm not sure on the game mode.

Excellent. The original!

• AlphaZealotAlphaZealot Registered User new member
    edited August 2015
    What do I do if I have not received my tickets? Ordered 3 (can provide confirmation number) for Monday and they have not arrived of yet. Live in Bellevue, WA and know others in the area who have already received theirs. I emailed PAX_Questions yesterday but so far have not seen a response.

EDIT: PAX_questions responded!

AlphaZealot on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    What do I do if I have not received my tickets? Ordered 3 (can provide confirmation number) for Monday and they have not arrived of yet. Live in Bellevue, WA and know others in the area who have already received theirs. I emailed PAX_Questions yesterday but so far have not seen a response.
    if you don't get a response from [email protected] in the next day-ish I would email again. Likely what they will tell you is to bring all your information to will call and sort it out there, but the email is an important step in that process.

• EnglishseigeEnglishseige Registered User regular
    2spock wrote: »
    idk if this would go here but im curious on the swag, specifically on shirts you get when you pre order games, do you pre order for the full amount of the game? or like gamestop pre order put like 5 dollars? want to know how much i need to set aside for games lol.

I cannot speak from experience, but If i am remembering correctly, the reason I have not pre-ordered anything during PAX, is because you have to pay the full amount of the game.

• Uno Ill NinoUno Ill Nino Registered User regular
    Pre-orders vary. I did one for Sony a couple years ago and all it involved was using one of their laptops, logging into Amazon, and reserving their game. Amazon doesn't charge until the game ships, so I was free to cancel later if I wanted to.

The Moofcast! - A videogame podcast for adults.
  • SpicyMeatsSpicyMeats Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Pre-orders vary. I did one for Sony a couple years ago and all it involved was using one of their laptops, logging into Amazon, and reserving their game. Amazon doesn't charge until the game ships, so I was free to cancel later if I wanted to.
    This is true, i ordered a lot of my games from best buy Canada or amazon.ca at discounts during E3 (i have 27 pre-orders right now), when they won’t accept that i just order from amazon.com and cancel on my phone later in the day. Never had an issue. That being said if i truly have no intention of buying the game i don’t do it just for the free shirt as i feel like that’s breaking wheatons law.

SpicyMeats on
    qEGfoNG.png

• BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    When it comes to the autograph sessions with Mike and Jerry, is there a limit to the number of things you can ask them? Such as trade for their pins, autographs, photo, etc.

• mentaljasonmentaljason Registered User regular
    Anyone know of guide book options for WP users? Coming from Canada so I won't have the data to even try using the web version of Guidebook. Pocket PAX worked great in past years but seems to have been abandoned =(

PAX Prime 2013/14/15 [x]
    PAX East 2016 [x]
    PAX West 2016 [x]
    PAX West 2017 [Awaiting badges]

• celycely Registered User regular
    @mentaljason The Web based guidebook is probably your best bet on a Windows Phone. https://guidebook.com/guide/40130/

rqUHgCM.png
  • SpicyMeatsSpicyMeats Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    Anyone know of guide book options for WP users? Coming from Canada so I won't have the data to even try using the web version of Guidebook. Pocket PAX worked great in past years but seems to have been abandoned =(

There are physical programs available that you can use (unfortunately they do tend to be out of date for a few things) if you have no data. But I will say as a fellow Canadian a few years ago I gave in and started paying for an outrageous travel package and I would never go back to being dateless at pax, it’s nice not to have to think about it.

qEGfoNG.png

• ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Bring wet weather gear. A wet weather system is expected this weekend. The current forecast calls for as much as an inch of rain Saturday. Temperatures probably in the 60's and 70's.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    ddt58 wrote: »
    Bring wet weather gear. A wet weather system is expected this weekend. The current forecast calls for as much as an inch of rain Saturday. Temperatures probably in the 60's and 70's.

Thanks for this, forgot to check the forecast. It'll be a nice reprieve from the 100's I usually endure.

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    is the Saturday morning panel listed as "people doing panel" in the mail hall at 10am still just a placeholder or is it that vague on purpose because its some big secret thing?

That is not a placeholder, that is all they wanted it called.

It just got updated and its just some dumb youtuber bullshit. I was really hoping it was a big secret Fallout 4 thing.

• SnickSnick Registered User regular
    Is there a table top gaming area? I know Pathfinder has their area and I believe DnD has a spot is there something for open gaming?

• swordgoatzswordgoatz Registered User regular
    Yep! I believe the whole tabletop area is at Olive8.

Prime 2016 Status: 4-Day Badges
    Attendee: Prime '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15... East '10
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    TT occupies the 3rd floor of the Olive8 and the rooms surrounding the north-south escalators in the WSCC on floors 2 and 3.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • SnickSnick Registered User regular
    What's Olive8?

• LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Snick wrote: »
    What's Olive8?

The Hyatt Olive 8 Hotel is at the corner of Olive and 8th. Tabletop takes over the 3rd floor ballroom and surrounding rooms.

But Tabletop is also in the main convention center on Levels 2 and 3, and there are also tabletop exhibitors in the Expo hall in Levels 4 and 6.

Full details of EVERYTHING happening in Tabletop can be found at:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/199919/pax-prime-2015-tabletop-areas

Lackey on
  • Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the hotels have free Wi-Fi this year? Or if there is an access code that we need?

2015 PAX East Omeganaut
    2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12
  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    FYI, there will be a satellite will-call at the outside ticket booths on Convention Place, just outside the first floor of the convention center. It will only be open from 8am-Noon. It will handle all types of badge pick up except Media, which will still only be available at Hyatt.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • MaxSteeleMaxSteele Registered User regular
    The big guys have all announced their lineup - Ubisoft, Nintendo, Microsoft, Bethesda.... Where's Sony's PAX Prime 2015 lineup list?

Strange....

• SuvyGrrrlSuvyGrrrl Registered User new member
    I was planning to go to the Westin to get the swag bag and then head over to the Convention Center. Do I need to line up and check in at the Convention Center first, or can I just start my day at the Westin, get the bag, and then stand in line for the Expo Hall? (first PAX/Con)

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    SuvyGrrrl wrote: »
    I was planning to go to the Westin to get the swag bag and then head over to the Convention Center. Do I need to line up and check in at the Convention Center first, or can I just start my day at the Westin, get the bag, and then stand in line for the Expo Hall? (first PAX/Con)

If you have your badge you are good to go, no need to check in.

IhtGIyi.png
  • CaptainskelCaptainskel Registered User new member
    Is circulating independent material allowed onsite if I don't have booth space? I don't mean flagging people down and being obnoxious about it, but more like exchanging business cards or promote an indie game if someone seems interested etc. Or are independent materials preferred to be exchanged offsite?

• Uno Ill NinoUno Ill Nino Registered User regular
    Is circulating independent material allowed onsite if I don't have booth space? I don't mean flagging people down and being obnoxious about it, but more like exchanging business cards or promote an indie game if someone seems interested etc. Or are independent materials preferred to be exchanged offsite?

I've seen people handing out flyers and stuff in the halls before. I even did it myself one time to spread word about my podcast. Be ready though, some people will act like you're trying to hand them a packet of AIDS.

The Moofcast! - A videogame podcast for adults.
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Jordman12 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the hotels have free Wi-Fi this year? Or if there is an access code that we need?

I think Homewood Suites has free wifi, but at crappy speeds - you have to pay for premium service for enough bandwidth to stream stuff

Dreamwriter on
  • WaryTortoiseWaryTortoise Registered User regular
    I have a couple of questions, and they're both pretty dumb.

First, can we bring games to play at the console freeplay, or is it restricted to the games that we check out? Additionally, have they released the game list for the console freeplay?

Also, I've heard people say that you should play a card game such as MtG or Fluxx while waiting in lines. My question is how can you play if you have to keep moving forward in line? It seems like I'm missing something here because the idea of frequently picking up and moving the cards doesn't seem practical.

• DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    I have a couple of questions, and they're both pretty dumb.

First, can we bring games to play at the console freeplay, or is it restricted to the games that we check out? Additionally, have they released the game list for the console freeplay?

Also, I've heard people say that you should play a card game such as MtG or Fluxx while waiting in lines. My question is how can you play if you have to keep moving forward in line? It seems like I'm missing something here because the idea of frequently picking up and moving the cards doesn't seem practical.
    The lines for panels don't move, you just wait until the room is open and everybody goes in. You probably wouldn't play games like that in the lines in the Expo hall, there isn't enough space and those lines would keep moving forward.

• RabiesRabies [E] Handheld Lounge Registered User regular
    Lumines electronic symphony for Vita

Causes lockjaw, frothing at the mouth, induces insanity and you don't know you've got it until it's too late.
  • jpritch01jpritch01 Registered User new member
    edited August 2015
    I have a pass problem. Today I'm trying to divide my passes among my friends and some how got an extra Friday and am short a Saturday. This was not a mistake on my side. Anything I can do? My extra Friday pass has a number nowhere near the sequence of the other passes. Thank you.

Never mind

jpritch01 on
  • DScribeDScribe Registered User regular
    Is there a dealers room or used game trading/buying booth?

• MeiteronMeiteron Registered User regular
    Planning out tomorrow morning just wanted quick confirmation of this:

The topic about changes to PAX mentioned how the pre-opening queues are split between two points: the main hall and the Annex. Me (and a few buddies) are shooting to show up well in advance to try to get into the Dark Souls line at the start of the day, since it filled up almost immediately on Friday. Because the DS booth is right next to where the Annex comes out into the main convention hall we're thinking of lining up there, in the annex, instead of the main hall where we went Friday morning.

Is that still a viable place to wait in the morning, getting let in at the same time, at 10am? And where do people actually end up when waiting in the line from, say, 8am? It was fine at the main hall waiting outside because there was no rain but the weather is expected to be more wet tomorrow.

• jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular
    Does Bethesda have anything playable in their booth this year? I spent some time looking for Fallout 4 and only saw picture taking areas, surprised that not even Doom was playable.

• jennyvierjennyvier Registered User new member
    Hey all! Question about the MTG Battle for Zendikar party on Saturday night - can I get in with a Monday badge? Their website says all we need is a PAX badge to get in, but isn't specific.

Thanks!

• bblackbblack Registered User new member
    Anyone try the HTC headset? What was registering an appointment like? In their facebook post they say:
    Each morning when we open the experience to the public, we will be taking reservations on a first come, first serve basis. Please arrive as early as possible to book an appointment.

[...]

On each day we will NOT allow the formation of a line to schedule a demo until the official opening hours of the festival. This will allow anyone that arrives early a fair chance to schedule a demo slot. Thank you for your continued enthusiasm and support of HTC Vive. We look forward to seeing you there!

Is there really no line? Just a big mob around their doors? Should I show up at 8 AM or something?

At PAX 2011 I spent a hell of a lot of time waiting in lines to get into panels, which I regret now. But on the other hand, there's pretty much no other place I'm going to get to demo a VR headset...

• AlbinoLion21AlbinoLion21 Registered User new member
    Do I need a PAX Prime pass to watch the MSI Starcraft 2 tournament live in Seattle?

• Slipstream.ccSlipstream.cc Mill Creek, WARegistered User regular
    My adventuring party is looking for a sit down eating establishment tonight (Sunday) at around 6:30. Any good suggestions for then that we can walk to which won't have insane waits?

I play Indoors | PAX's Attended: 07 08 09 10 12 13
  • sirensiren Registered User regular
    Quick feedback on PAX this year

- Much better line management than previous years. This was awesome. Especially in the exhibitors hall. While it was occasionally frustrating to have the lines capped, it paid off in spades in ability to get through the hall.

- No more League of Legends. This was a huge blessing. The past few years I hated going up to the 6th floor for anything due to LoL. It was always too loud and it destroyed all the free play rooms and panels up there. Thanks for not inviting them back this year.

- Standing in Panel lines too early. I understand that you need to condense groups, but even physically fit people have trouble standing in place with almost no room to move to 2 - 3 hours straight. Please let people stand a little spaced apart or let them sit a little longer in the future.

- Dedicated Pin Trading area needed. While an informal spot started to form just to the right of the main merch booth, it would be awesome if you had a formal Pin Trading spot where people could meet up throughout the day to trade as they had time. Have huge signs and everything so that even the casual traders know where to go.

- More cross scheduling of panels needed. It really felt like all the big events were scheduled so that everyone could go to them again. This reminded me a lot of PAX from 4 - 5 years ago. While this sounds great on paper, it results in people having to show up easily 3 - 4 hours early and stalk around in some cases to get even remotely good seating at things like the Concerts and ACQ Inc. 2 years ago PAX did a much better job of cross scheduling big events so people had to choose what to attend and as a result people could spend more time at the con doing stuff instead of just waiting in lines all day.

- More staff pin availability. This is the first year where I saw almost no staff pins anywhere in the convention until Monday. Normally, everyone has them and it can make trading a lot more fun and interesting. If the main staff can't just wander around and trade as much as they did in 2014 and 2013, maybe they can designate some subordinates to do so for them?

That's it for now. As always, love the convention and can't wait for next year.

This discussion has been closed.