As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad Jokes]

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I now have access to a 3D printer thanks to the grad program I'm in, and for some reason I was thinking the other day that I should make a dickbutt figurine.

Gonna go ahead and consider this a sign.

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    The other day I changed my wife's phone lock screen to dickbutt so I knew it was important that I share the image.

Edit:
    VxHnYwI.gif

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wasn't dickbutt a Rank or Knob thing from wayyyy back in the day, and now imgur and 9gag both think they invented it?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I mean it's originally from a K.C. Green comic, although I think I remember Rank or Knob or someone saying they got it tattooed on their dick?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    On their butts.

• Options
    Yeah, there ya go.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    October 7

Why is there an expiration date on my sour cream container?

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    October 7

Why is there an expiration date on my sour cream container?

To let you know when it's ready to eat.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Because the FDA requires it, same as the date on your bottle of water? And what's the deal with airline peanuts? They are neither nuts nor an airline!
    They are legumes

• Options
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Because the FDA requires it, same as the date on your bottle of water? And what's the deal with airline peanuts? They are neither nuts nor an airline!
    They are legumes

Yeah! And technically tomatoes, pumpkins, cucumbers, peas, corn, and peppers are all fruits! As long as you ask a biologist and not a chef.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting a tomato in s fruit salad.

- A fine line by somebody, can't remember who

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting a tomato in s fruit salad.

A fine line by Busta Rhymes

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

I always just assume Charles Barkley.

Also I like extending this into the other stats. Charisma is convincing someone that your tomato fruit salad is a perfectly reasonable thing to make. Dexterity is sneaking tomato into someone's fruit salad without them noticing.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

I always just assume Charles Barkley.

Also I like extending this into the other stats. Charisma is convincing someone that your tomato fruit salad is a perfectly reasonable thing to make. Dexterity is sneaking tomato into someone's fruit salad without them noticing.

Strength is holding someone down until they agree to put tomato into their fruit salad.

Constitution is surviving after you eat a fruit salad with poisoned tomatoes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

Miles Kington, I think?

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm starting to get a bad feeling that December 31st is going to be something along the lines of

"The Confession.

You have reached the end, so now the job is yours, the calendar is all that keeps it at bay, you must take up the reigns"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    If a stringy-haired pale girl climbs through the final page of the calendar it was nice knowing you all

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to get a bad feeling that December 31st is going to be something along the lines of

"The Confession.

You have reached the end, so now the job is yours, the calendar is all that keeps it at bay, you must take up the reigns"

The Words Spoken. The Sacrifice Made.

He Comes.

HA HA HA HA HA

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Q: Why are people in St. Louis so sad?

A: They live in a state of Missouri.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Q: Why are people in St. Louis so sad?

A: They live in a state of Missouri.

No Joke

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hey!

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    October 8

Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.

• Options
    Calendar writer learned something in his adult remedial math class and got so excited he had to share.

• Options
    I actually really like that one, but more as a spoken joke than written down.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I prefer that statistics joke in the context of commenting on what friends are currently doing.

*friend pours hazelnut creamer into coffee*

"You know, statistically, 100% of people who put hazelnut creamer in their coffee die. Seriously."

etc with anything.

WordLust on
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    October 8

Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.

And 40% of sick days are taken on Monday and Friday.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    You know what, with all the statistics talk, that was a clearly missed opportunity for a fine line by Mark Twain.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    October 8

And 40% of vacation days are taken on Monday and Friday.

You sure? That seems like something that would be more weighted towards those two days. Long weekends etc.

• Options
    Neveron wrote: »
    October 8

You sure? That seems like something that would be more weighted towards those two days. Long weekends etc.

I think he was phrasing it intentionally vaguely, so as to mean that of the possible days to take a vacation, 40% of them are Monday and Friday.

• Options
    October 8

I think he was phrasing it intentionally vaguely, so as to mean that of the possible days to take a vacation, 40% of them are Monday and Friday.

Sort of. It was a reference to a Dilbert strip and I got the line wrong (and edited my initial post to be correct.)

The line was "40% of sick days are taken on Friday and Monday."

Though honestly, over enough people and a long enough timeframe, I'd be surprised if the breakdown of vacation days taken by weekday wasn't close to even.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    October 8

Sort of. It was a reference to a Dilbert strip and I got the line wrong (and edited my initial post to be correct.)

The line was "40% of sick days are taken on Friday and Monday."

Though honestly, over enough people and a long enough timeframe, I'd be surprised if the breakdown of vacation days taken by weekday wasn't close to even.

I would. Pretty much the only reason to take a day off in the middle of the week is if you have a specific appointment for something. Outside of that it's actually really inconvenient because most people have work that carries over from day to day, and interruptions in that workflow just make things more difficult when you get back. Also, due to the fact that most people do prefer to extend their weekends, you're more likely to be able to get a hold of people on a Tuesday-Thursday, meaning you can be more productive on those days. It's at least partially a self-reinforcing thing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Just saw a bumper sticker on the wall of a restaurant:

"That's what." -- She

chromdom on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I always liked the line from an episode of Justice League where some Bill O'Reilly style fearmonger newscaster rips on the League, claiming that "Under your watch, 50% of all marriages end in divorce, and the rest end in death!"

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Get on my level

xygc39y.jpg

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    You know what, with all the statistics talk, that was a clearly missed opportunity for a fine line by Mark Twain.

45% of fine lines are by Mark Twain

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Get on my level

xygc39y.jpg

Thanks, Jay Leno.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Get on my level

xygc39y.jpg

Thanks, Jay Leno.
    Take that tone with me and I'll give you my show only to take it back again 3 months later. :<

• Options
    October 9

Q: What do you get when you drop a piano down a mineshaft?

A: A flat miner.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    That seems like one of those 4th grade jokes. Which I guess means calendar writer is living up to the calendar's purpose?

• Options
    That is literally the joke below the calamity joke in the link I posted. I *almost* want to predict Monday's joke, but I don't want to accidentally spoil it, either. Because I think it's actually a good one.

This discussion has been closed.