As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] is what happens when you meet a man in the alps

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    When the hell did I last post in Chat anyway

3:51pm British Summer Time 22nd of April 2015 Anno Domini at time of posting.

03MzsES.gif

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I don't really agree that faith and politics are the same thing.

when it comes to how entitled to respect they are, they're the same thing to me.

I find politics to be for more ephemeral and less deserving of respect than religion, personally. I also say this as someone who is not and has never been religious.

politics are assuredly not deserving of as much respect as religion. Politics is concerned with the distribution of rights, resources and justice on earth. Religions are concerned with the metaphysical and heavenly. It's when religion dons a political face or tries to justify political action with religious dogma that the respect I have for a person's personal faith dwindles significantly.

ding ding ding

we have a winner

omg what do i win

enlightenment

whoa

There are going to be some super pissed off monks.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    @gooey I did not recover and almost immediately fell asleep. Everytime you saw me just pause in game was me nodding off.

you missed a gobbie but it was okay it wasn't a particularly good gobbie at least for me

@TTODewback

Yeah. Seasons are so boring to me I literally start falling asleep.

so all that stuff about how seasons were great because you get to start fresh and all that were

were

were just a lie?!

its fun that you start over but there is something off about gearing up.
    like on expert I was pumping out legendaries on overdrive
    then we get to 70 and get to torment 2 and suddenly..no legendaries dropping? Even though our legendary drop rate increased like 5-fold?
    Its like its artificially slowed to try to get you to play the full season.

i actually have been getting pretty good leg drops i think

like, several a rift, and then a green every other rift or so

then again my barb is now higher paragon than my monk and does way better in torment sooo

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    they were filming that a lot in tribeca last year

i know because the production crew was in my bar a lot

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Who wants to read seven hundred million thousand pages of documents

Zen "I signed up for this" Vulgarity, Esq.

Yeah well

I also was hoping I could afford to pay more slaves- ASSOCIATES I mean associates

To do this kind of work

Summer associates hooooo

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    guys its time to take this chat out behind the woodshed

*cocks shotgun*

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    kedinik wrote: »
    Julius wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    its nasty to take pleasure in seeing someone turn away from religion

What? Why?

Implied dismissal of the value of religion and condescending sense of the person coming to the "right" answer about a major personal life decision.

Condescension and being personal stuff aside, dismissal of the value of religion is an opinion I don't think anyone has a right to get offended by

people with different views than you kinda by definition don't have a reverence for yours

I find the bolded weird because the conversation, until it got skfm'd, was all about whether it's cruel or rude to say it's "hilarious" that someone built their life around something "inherently irrational" before that ground fell out from under them.

Please don't use my name as a verb to mean "to take a conversation off track". I don't think anything I said was off topic or inappropriate, and the last thing I need is the idea that I make conversations about me and my views, not the topic, perpetuated any further, especially since I think I have been successful in avoiding that happening for some time now.

Also, no verbs, ever.

If the verb bothers you then I won't use it.

But the alternative for me was "until skfm derailed it".

Bringing well-don't-I-have-the-right-to-be-externally-and-internally-respected-by-everyone? into the conversation was a big derail!

I can appreciate that you don't like the reputation, but the answer is not to go around telling people to stop commenting when they think you've done it again.

That was literally the reason that SKFM thought my comments were out of line.

If that's derailing, then I guess SKFM is just not allowed to speak about anything but TaySway and his (awesome) catchphrase and/or running joke of the week

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    MrMister wrote: »

What? Why?

It's kinda nasty to take pleasure in anything with a sort of "I told you so" kind of manner, is more how I read that.

No one gets their tailfeathers ruffled when someone says they take pleasure in seeing someone turn away from right-wing politics.

My heart is warmed when someone loses the faith in much the same way I imagine a religious person's heart is warmed when they see someone find religion.

I personally think it is presumptuous to hold my view on matters like religion as the one true and correct view point and to think all others are wrong, in much the same way that I loathe it when someone tries to proselytize to me. I think that religion is a deeply personal matter and that everyone is entitled to have whatever they believe respected and not looked down on. The only exception is where someone is being harmed by a view (like parents that won't give their children medicine).

I totally disagree

nobody's free from being looked down on and no point of view is ever entitled respect divorced from its merits

I look down on people who think vaccination causes autism and that ghosts are real

and I don't respect it because what's there to respect?

Your own limitations as a human being.

Abdhyius, looking back on human history, there is almost near certainty that there are beliefs that you and I hold to be totally and utterly true that are just completely false. The truth is that everyone is easily capable of being wrong, no matter how smart they are, no matter how educated they are. I think you can offer that level respect to anyone's position; "I could be wrong". I feel like that should be the basis of any interaction you have with another person.

You can afford someone that politeness. You don't have to bend to their beliefs or act on them in any way, you just have to acknowledge the chance that they may legitimately have information that you do not have.

Because there is not one human being I have ever met who was as smart as they thought they were (myself highly among them).

No I am not going to say "well I could be wrong crystals could be magic" and I'm not acknowledging the chance that they may legitimately have information that I do not have. The basis of interaction with other people are common decency and tolerance, not going around thinking I'm wrong.

Where do you derive your automatic superiority on this matter from? What about you makes it so that you necessarily have had more valid life experiences than this other individual? What makes it impossible for them to be right?

the evidence seems to support it, therefore, it's what I think is probably the truth.

what makes it impossible for them to be right is every reason magic isn't real, I mean, come on. Power of crystal people seem to know jack shit about crystals, as well, so I don't think they hold some secret knowledge

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    donk this video will teach you german
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJgszpNj7dY

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2015
    I don't really agree that faith and politics are the same thing.

when it comes to how entitled to respect they are, they're the same thing to me.

I find politics to be for more ephemeral and less deserving of respect than religion, personally. I also say this as someone who is not and has never been religious.

politics are assuredly not deserving of as much respect as religion. Politics is concerned with the distribution of rights, resources and justice on earth. Religions are concerned with the metaphysical and heavenly. It's when religion dons a political face or tries to justify political action with religious dogma that the respect I have for a person's personal faith dwindles significantly.

ding ding ding

we have a winner

omg what do i win

enlightenment

whoa

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/woah.gif

Vanguard on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    gbmUTRB.jpg

At least I'm not the only one who was driven mad by this whole "HELLS KITCHEN HELLS KITCHEN HELLS KITCHEN" thing

im like

the Daily Show is in Hells Kitchen

its p nice

Hell's Kitchen isn't even very Hellish these days, I am told.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

Yeah well

I also was hoping I could afford to pay more slaves- ASSOCIATES I mean associates

To do this kind of work

Summer associates hooooo

No they're all terrible I'd have to spend more time teaching them and whipping them to not be lazy

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    psst, vanguard, that image is nearly 2mb

• Options

What? Why?

Implied dismissal of the value of religion and condescending sense of the person coming to the "right" answer about a major personal life decision.

Condescension and being personal stuff aside, dismissal of the value of religion is an opinion I don't think anyone has a right to get offended by

people with different views than you kinda by definition don't have a reverence for yours

I find the bolded weird because the conversation, until it got skfm'd, was all about whether it's cruel or rude to say it's "hilarious" that someone built their life around something "inherently irrational" before that ground fell out from under them.

Please don't use my name as a verb to mean "to take a conversation off track". I don't think anything I said was off topic or inappropriate, and the last thing I need is the idea that I make conversations about me and my views, not the topic, perpetuated any further, especially since I think I have been successful in avoiding that happening for some time now.

Also, no verbs, ever.

Bringing well-don't-I-have-the-right-to-be-externally-and-internally-respected-by-everyone? into the conversation was a big derail!

I can appreciate that you don't like the reputation, but the answer is not to go around telling people to stop commenting when they think you've done it again.

that's totally not a derail

that's... a very relevant topic to discuss

which is why we are discussing it. We, by the way, since SKFM doesn't actually control this conversation on his own

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    select your gun

and then select your chat

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

To be fair, Law & Order was guilty of treating the 127 Precent as covering all that and Joisey sometimes.

Every precinct doesn't have homocide detectives. From what I remember of the original law and order, they p much stayed in Manhattan.
    SVU is just gloriously crazy pants. they do what they want.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The best part about Daredevil's Hell's kitchen is the whole damn place has been super gentrified for years now. It's almost laughable when he talks about it.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    google tossed up this
    Who wants to read a 200 page thing that's part of a box of shit

I'm very tired today

which seems appropriate

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

Yeah well

To do this kind of work

Summer associates hooooo

No they're all terrible I'd have to spend more time teaching them and whipping them to not be lazy

well just get yourself a market cap of a few million dollars and you'll be off to the races in no time

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Apparently the font issue was I was using an illegal number

size=8

not even once

if you want bigger things than 7 you just need to stack them

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    The best part about Daredevil's Hell's kitchen is the whole damn place has been super gentrified for years now. It's almost laughable when he talks about it.
    weren't you paying attention it got blowed up by the aliens and now its trapped in the ... 70's? 80's?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    guys its time to take this chat out behind the woodshed

*shotguns cock*

ftfy

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

To be fair, Law & Order was guilty of treating the 127 Precent as covering all that and Joisey sometimes.

Every precinct doesn't have homocide detectives. From what I remember of the original law and order, they p much stayed in Manhattan.

Like when Stabler went to Prague and Bauer'd a suspect.

Pretty sure Cesko, as part of the EU, frowns on that stuff too.

• Options
    gbmUTRB.jpg

At least I'm not the only one who was driven mad by this whole "HELLS KITCHEN HELLS KITCHEN HELLS KITCHEN" thing

im like

its p nice

Hell's Kitchen isn't even very Hellish these days, I am told.

it's really nice

there's a Thai place with a cheap prix fixe lunch special I really like

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

that's what he's looking to clean it up

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote: »

size=8

not even once

Science has confirmed, this post is stacked.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

size=8

not even once

holy shit

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

size=8

not even once

u r now a hacker

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Fox are also making Minority Report into a TV show. Hmmm. Not sure the premise can stand the weight of a full season of TV.

It'll probably be like that tv show where a guy got the following day's newspaper and used it to stop disasters and accidents.

new edition or daily edition or something like that.
    i liked that show.
    there was one where a plane crashed because of geeseon the runway and also a child getting hit by a car and dying
    the guy is like I must save the 100 people on the plane! but he fails to make it to the airport. he's like im such a failure
    but he saves the childs life
    and it turns out the child's father is on the plane or is the pilot or something
    so the flight gets delayed after they call about the child
    and he winds up saving everyone and the lesson is something something sometimes the smallest actions can effect the larger things something something

Early edition and it's fucking great.

I'm pretty sure there was an episode somewhat similar to the homeless guy bit in Groundhog Day too.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    gbmUTRB.jpg

im like

its p nice

but he's the devil and he's in hells kitchen

get it

it's clever

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

The more sex crimes they solve, the crazier the sex crimes seem to get. Like a Batman and Joker situation.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

isn't it also, like

a pretty small area?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

im like

its p nice

8047927813_304e5f1630_b.jpg

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

that's what he's looking to clean it up

"WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?"
    "ok.. ok... I'll tell you.... it's whole foods!"

*daredevil starts punching and never stops*

sig.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    google tossed up this
    Who wants to read a 200 page thing that's part of a box of shit

I'm very tired today

which seems appropriate

bff3f5eb4ec5d9ef3c1611efb2c36576.gif

• Options
    weren't you paying attention it got blowed up by the aliens and now its trapped in the ... 70's? 80's?

Yeah im going with this

"Oh no! All the wealthy landowners of Hells Kitchen LITERALLY ALL DIED in the Battle of New York, or quickly accepted a significant loss on their investments, removed all of their wealthy renters, brought in the generationally impoverished, and aged the infrastructure by another 50 years....overnight!"

OK Daredevil I'll buy that

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

size=8

not even once

holy shit

you can also make things super small by using size "0"

and even smaller by stacking them

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

What? Why?

Also, no verbs, ever.

that's totally not a derail

that's... a very relevant topic to discuss

which is why we are discussing it. We, by the way, since SKFM doesn't actually control this conversation on his own

It is a reliable derail to wander into lots of different conversations and then reframe whatever is being talked about from the perspective of, "But what about giving extra care and consideration to me?"

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Why does the chat thread go to 100 anyway

Is it a forum limitation

• Options

Like when Stabler went to Prague and Bauer'd a suspect.

Pretty sure Cesko, as part of the EU, frowns on that stuff too.

The other week they went to a Hoity Toity Tribeca High School and were confiscating everyone's cell phone because there was a sexting incident and if they didn't act quickly, those photos would end up on the internet.

This discussion has been closed.