As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBAs: not even once.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Kael'thas was the original guy who got told a whole bunch to take his magic and fuck off

so at least it's fitting

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    BTW, for those curious how bad it's going to be, Alienware Arena's giving away keys for the 40k MOBA.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Xbone players cannot grasp conquest apparently. They seem to do OK in arena.

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Landing ares chains with a controller took some getting used to

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Nikolai wrote: »

there's a pretty good chance a large part of the xbone's population has no idea how a moba works, but can more easily grasp a mode that's basically deathmatch

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kael'thas was the original guy who got told a whole bunch to take his magic and fuck off

so at least it's fitting
    Invoker used Kael as a model (and his name) in the original Dota. That's the joke.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    pfffffffffffft jokes

I didn't watch the video and assumed they stole his spells

which actually wouldn't make any sense

nothing to see here folks

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular

there's a pretty good chance a large part of the xbone's population has no idea how a moba works, but can more easily grasp a mode that's basically deathmatch

That is exactly what it is. My one conquest was with a Kali who just ran into the enemy to fight any time they were alive. I'm pretty sure in tower range.

Guy had an open mic and aside from occasionally coughing, just wouldn't say anything, so he wasn't getting mad. Like, he just thought that's what he is supposed to do. He'd died four times before five minutes, I think.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Playing scylla in arena on the xbone is fun

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the blizzard hero spotlight voice guy is shockingly similar to the guy who does the hero previews for infinite crisis and it's kind of freaking me out

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Playing scylla in arena on the xbone is fun

Try Anhur.

People cannot handle him.

Or take Tyr and get a Hastened + Blink.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    yup i really like HoTS. first human match I did pretty decently. Jaina gets squishy late game tho started 10-0 ended 18-7

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    yup i really like HoTS. first human match I did pretty decently. Jaina gets squishy late game tho started 10-0 ended 18-7

Yeah when you are a squishy assassin this tends to happen.

• Options
    Basically as the game shifts from skirmishes to full on team battles you get focused hard.

• Options
    anyone got any tips on how to play nox

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    Man I am tempted to buy Kael'Thas in HOTS.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular

Wait for a buff :(

Seriously though, max your CDR so you can throw your abilities like crazy; her cooldowns are generally short already and getting every last bit out of your 2 (i think? the small aoe damage) is how you're going to keep up. If you're evenly matched in skill you'll probably run into trouble, Nox just doesn't have the damage overall to keep up with too many other mages. I mean, if you're playing arena or siege or whatever it won't be so much of a problem, but mid Nox is unfortunately too iffy.

• Options
    edited May 2015

Seriously though, max your CDR so you can throw your abilities like crazy; her cooldowns are generally short already and getting every last bit out of your 2 (i think? the small aoe damage) is how you're going to keep up. If you're evenly matched in skill you'll probably run into trouble, Nox just doesn't have the damage overall to keep up with too many other mages. I mean, if you're playing arena or siege or whatever it won't be so much of a problem, but mid Nox is unfortunately too iffy.

Yeah I was playing nox in arena the whole time I felt like I would be better off playing another mage

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options

Yeah I was playing nox in arena the whole time I felt like I would be better off playing another mage

Since you've already spent time with her, I'd say go ahead and just grind up a mastery. Then you can tuck her away into the "This god again?! Why do I play assault?" cabinet .

• Options

Since you've already spent time with her, I'd say go ahead and just grind up a mastery. Then you can tuck her away into the "This god again?! Why do I play assault?" cabinet .
    Her kit is really fun but it takes landing her 2 and 3 to do as much damage as a scylla 2 it seems

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Geth appreciates the robotness displayed by Zapman in getting that triple bounce on Bolture.

• Options
    Isis was merely the first against the wall.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    A certain video game personality may be taking a look at Smite soon

dbKtvl5.png

• Options
  • Options
    If I didn't hear the mic key a couple times I'd be 100 percent sure my conquest team mates in xbone smite are bots

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Well that was an interesting assault. Got Fenrir, went 7-1-12. Tied for the most kills, tied for the least deaths, tied for the most assists, also tied for being involved in the most kills on our team (19 total out of 28 team kills, along with Janus who was 7-3-12)... did the least damage on my team and the second least overall (beat the enemy Athena). We won.

I mean, I guess it would indicate kill stealing, but usually when you're kill stealing, you end up with low assists. Weird.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    How long is the Nepal relief chest up?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    having played League I feel immortal in Heroes of the Storm

but i'm sure the matchmaking will catch up to me. there is some kind of ELO thing at work right?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    not really

there's some elo but the matchmaker is heavily weighted towards matching people quickly, so you can have very lopsided games

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    How long is the Nepal relief chest up?

2 days, 20 hours.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    I have a song that describes solo queing in MOBAs and what the team does thereafter:

http://youtu.be/Sm-zWDaoCtI

• Options
    There is an...acorn on the Smite site.

I'm scared.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    There is an...acorn on the Smite site.

I'm scared.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratatoskr

also the xbone version is going from closed alpha to closed beta

which, practically speaking, means absolutely nothing

• Options
    Apparently the Xbox version is not going to have the God Pack available after it launches. Just a Founder's Pack that effectively does the same thing but is only available for a period up until launch.

Odd that they're going this direction with the game. I feel like the God Pack was a major strength that made the PC version so popular.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    there's also a limited window (probably the same) on syncing pc and xbox accounts

which reminds me I need to find someone to let me use their xbone for an hour

• Options
    Looking back at my Smite play history, I learned a thing; I lose more with the gods I like the most. Even if their average KDA, damage, GPM etc. are all good, I lose more with them.

Starting to think I absolutely have no idea how to play this game in the slightest.

• Options
    AvalonGuard is the top pro player, crying fat tears playing yet another game as Least Favorite God.

YL9WnCY.png