As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOBAs: not even once.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Apparently the Xbox version is not going to have the God Pack available after it launches. Just a Founder's Pack that effectively does the same thing but is only available for a period up until launch.

Odd that they're going this direction with the game. I feel like the God Pack was a major strength that made the PC version so popular.
    Also as far as I can tell the new ares skin is only available on xbone with the founders pack

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    on PC it's in the Nepal charity chest

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    it should also sync back to a pc account, though I can't imagine many established players paying for it that way

• Options
    I don't think it goes from xbone to pc at all

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Only two assaults tonight, first one made me so sad... we had Kumbha, Bacchus, Poseidon, Fenrir and I was Ymir. We were against Ah Puch, Bastet, Mercury, Apollo and Kukulkan. It should've been an easy win. It started with Fenrir trying to tell the guardians to all go damage and he'd tank. We tried to explain that that was a terrible idea, but he was our only physical damage. Anyway, Bacchus went tank and Kumba and I were able to go more damage. Unfortunately, our Poseidon, who was basically our only good minion clear, was fucking awful. I have no idea what the fuck he was doing, he wouldn't clear the wave, even when the wave was coming into our tower losing gold, and he had absolutely awful positioning all the time.

I definitely missed some freezes I should've hit, but beyond that, with all the CC we should've had, we never should've lost any fight. But we did, constantly. It was fucking stupid. The enemy didn't even buy magic protection beyond the Mercury buying Stone of Gaia.

Next game, I get Sun Wukong (whom I kind of hate), had Aphrodite, Ullr, Ah Puch and another Fenrir and the enemy team was Neith, Hou Yi, Ra, Anubis and Ao Kuang. Seeing as I was the only even removely tanky character, I went tank. We got shit on and lost our first tower just after 2 minutes, which is a really bad sign. Ah Puch says his keybindings are messed up and he can't use his 2 or 4? He went afk a bit and finally got it worked out eventually. At this point, we're just sitting under our second tower clearing minions, Fenrir jumps out and tries to fetch someone into tower range but usually ends up getting blown up. I'm not totally sure what all turned it around, I think Ah Puch finally being able to use his moves helps and when he ults them all sitting outside of our tower range, we're able to go in, slow them in the ult and such and get kills, then push through their two towers.

I actually manage to pull off some SWK things, flying around or dash stunning, getting out of silly shit, ulting to heal up and then crash back down. I also have our Weakening Curse and I basically just target the hell out of Ra to get him out of play. After we got their second tower, we had to fall back/die and needed to defend our phoenix, which they take but we kill them afterwards, then we push back up the lane and take their phoenix, but kind of lose the fight in the process, though we could've won it if Aphro had linked to me and stayed in the fight, I was fighting Hou Yi and Neith by myself and nearly killed them... so silly. Aphro lives and falls back and our phoenix comes up and starts healing as the enemy makes it back down the lane while we're all rezzing. Fenrir picks their Neith right as I'm flying back into the fight and Ah Puch's ult drives them back, getting them low health, we clean up, push all the way up to their base and start in on the Titan as some of them begin rezzing, but it's too late and we finish it.

It was a crazy recovery, and I know assault isn't about the kills but when you get the kills, but still. Our team had 25 kills with 72 assists to their 32 kills with 91 assists, so we were getting beat in the fights for sure. I definitely felt like that was one of the better SWK games I've ever had, especially as support-type, ended up going 4-5-17 with third highest damage on my team... and I didn't even have Mystical Mail, though I had meant to build it. Oh well.

Edit: On a positive note though, I aced my picks for tonights matches. Titan sweep and C9 sweep.

Dranyth on
  • Options
  • Options
    Incoming Zhong Kui skin spoiled via twitter

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Hi Rez stop

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Hi Rez stop

mmmmnope

more irreverence please

• Options
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Hi Rez stop

mmmmnope

more irreverence please

You misunderstand

I'm requesting that they take the vacuum hose out of my wallet because if that skin actually has a tiny helicopter Hirez please have mercy.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    So, this is a thing.

(I have no idea how the forums handle vines. Edit: Hmm, I guess you can click on it to go to it if it doesn't show up correctly, which it doesn't seem to in Opera. But does in Chrome, so browser dependent I guess.)

Dranyth on
  • Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    my new main (and/or halflife 3), confirmed

• Options
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh god Summer Herc is just in a speedo.

Of course there's a Beach Babe Aphro skin to compensate

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Either gatling skin is voiced by DiMaggio or a pretty good impersonator

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Rata has an incredible ult, and gets to buy unique items from the store.

He starts with an item called Acorn, and gets to upgrade it to four different types. Two of the acorns are power and pen, altering his cone attack, whereas the other two are power and CDR while changing his dash.

And he changes color when he buys different acorns.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    He does have a little tiny helicopter

That's another skin I need for a god I haven't mastered yet.

• Options
    I don't think it goes from xbone to pc at all
    http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/xbox/smite-for-xbox/2015/04/23/xbox-one-alpha-gem-store-now-live
    Linking will be available at the start of the closed beta. The skins you get from the Xbox Founder’s Pack will be added to both your Xbox and PC accounts, if you link accounts.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/promo/god-reveal/ratatoskr

He needs a little skateboarder skin called Radatoskr

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I went to see Mad Max, so I just got finished watching the VoD of the patch notes. Very cool stuff... Ratatoskr definitely seems to have the most ambitious stuff with his mechanics, tying him to an item like that. I'm curious how it's going to work out. The Zhong skin is very cool as well, as is the safari Sobek. Bart mentioned the summer-themed skins were going to be related to some sort of promo I think? So I wonder what that's going to be.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    It means the skins will be available only in the awesome Summer Fun Chest, of course!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite/promo/god-reveal/ratatoskr

He needs a little skateboarder skin called Radatoskr

Someone played some Ori.

• Options
    The SMITE PTS is now up with the Ratatoskr patch. I might hop in and check it out, not sure yet.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Landing hercs knock back combo is kinda hard with a controller

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    been messing around with ratatoskr against bots in the pts

he's a lot of fun

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, I didn't get on PTS right away, and then the game servers went down, not sure if they're back yet or not. So I played an assault on live, got Herc but someone immediately wanted to trade me Kukulkan. I'm always down for party dragon. Had top damage on my team, went 4-1-9, which was tied for most kills and involved in 13 of our 15 team kills, didn't die until after I had already hit 20. Came back with full boots, Rod of Tahuti and Spear of the Magus (my first item was Divine Ruin since we were against a Chang'e), we killed some of them at our tier 2 tower, chased them up lane, killed the rest of them at their tier 1, then took their towers, killed their respawned Anubis at their phoenix, then killed the phoenix and titan before the rest of them could rez. Went pretty well.

Edit: PTS servers are back up.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    datamined future skin:
    TETZT0U.png

• Options
    Well, picks for today's SPL stuff didn't go nearly as well, ended up splitting the day. I just didn't expect trig esports to do absolutely nothing in either game, they've really fallen off hard.

• Options
    I've gotten nine out of ten right so far

and I don't follow esports at all

• Options
    I figured Trig would at least split, but they just got dominated. The way the picks are set up, if you think a match might split, you may as well pick all for one or the other, because if you pick 1-1 but get the order wrong, you get no points. I was a little worried about eGr because their main hunter wasn't playing today, had family stuff, but Enemy also had a new hunter since theirs left right after the relegation match that got them in. eGr's sub did fantastic, so it all worked out.

I definitely thought TSM/AFK might split, but if they didn't I saw AFK winning both matches, so I put my picks on AFK. So at least I got that split.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Summit 3 finals, Secret vs. EG in about 30 minutes to an hour:

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Until the game you can enjoy thinly veiled advertisements for some shady fantasy sports gambling site. :rotate: What's the deal with those sites? Feels like they just started popping up all over the place in the last year or so.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    well when one pops up and isn't shut down everyone realizes that it's legal enough that they can make a quick buck

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I guess they're not actually plugging the fantasy betting thing today, during the earlier broadcasts they were pushing it pretty hard. This is much better filler, player interviews and stuff.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    haha I spoke too soon, of course they're contractually obligated to plug it for ten minutes between every series

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ok draft is starting now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Gah, well today's picks were going swimmingly until that last set of Cog and Legion. Cog is a much more veteran team but they got manhandled in the first game and had a fairly good lead in the second game before they fucked up a midlane teamfight late and basically just lost it from there.
    Went 11/16 for the first week. Not terrible I guess.

• Options
    wow I can't believe that comeback Secret just made in game 2

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    game 3 is crazy
    crazy short

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif