Options

MOBAs: not even once.

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Took me a few arenas but I actually managed to play Ratatoskr and maaaaaaan he's the best. So much fun. Also, shockingly, I'm not finding him OP at all... yet. He's great at getting in/getting out, but if you don't get the slow on your 2 you have ZERO control. I accidentally built the acorn that gives his dash a wider hitbox and lets the ability crit, and he ends up being very similar to Serqet. I think the exploding sticky acorns are the way to go as you still get tremendous damage while giving him a dependable slow. We'll see how he pans out overtime.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    @ThatDudeOverThere if you are getting lost in hots you can press space (I think) in order to have a pillar of blue light over your character. That may help.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    My biggest gripe about HotS so far is that your team can't surrender when it's clearly one sided.

Also people should add me to b.net TheStig#1787
    I'm terrible so you probably don't wanna play ranked games with me

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    That's because every game is winnable and you need to man the fuck up.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    usage of the phrase "man the fuck up" is punishable by immediate punch to the dick

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    sarukun wrote: »

sure if everyone on my team is instantly replaced by someone better

• Options
    edited June 2015
    We just had a game last night where we were clearly in the lead and had them by their soft, vulnerable bellies, but we made a critical error and wiped, giving them enough time to finish us off. So comebacks are very easy in hots because a late game wipe gives the other team so much momentum.

And League's surrender timer is twenty minutes in. If you're on the receiving end of a stomp, then the game is over well before that point.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    usage of the phrase "man the fuck up" is punishable by immediate punch to the dick

Yeah I don't see why people use that phrase (which is hella patriarchal) when "harden the fuck up" is right there.

broken image link
  • Options
    I blame TF2's Mann vs. Machines mode.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    My biggest gripe about HotS so far is that your team can't surrender when it's clearly one sided.

Also people should add me to b.net TheStig#1787
    I'm terrible so you probably don't wanna play ranked games with me

i know it seems that way but I have seen full on 3-level-disadvantage clusterfucks get turned around. It depends on the map.

Some of the objectives are so insanely powerful (Haunted Mines!) that luck and timing and make the map work for you

• Options
    Fine okay!

But you guys still have to add me to play games because I can see how this is much better with not-randos.

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    Just sent you a request stig

• Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    Took me a few arenas but I actually managed to play Ratatoskr and maaaaaaan he's the best. So much fun. Also, shockingly, I'm not finding him OP at all... yet. He's great at getting in/getting out, but if you don't get the slow on your 2 you have ZERO control. I accidentally built the acorn that gives his dash a wider hitbox and lets the ability crit, and he ends up being very similar to Serqet. I think the exploding sticky acorns are the way to go as you still get tremendous damage while giving him a dependable slow. We'll see how he pans out overtime.

yeah, he looked fun from watching other people play him. I somehow never had to fight Rat-bro directly, so I'm not sure where he falls on the OP scale yet. I'll reserve judgement... for now.

• Options
    there are two maps where you're never out of it... haunted mines and the one with the laser statues. the map does all the pushing for you

if you find yourself with a 2 level disadvantage just play conservative, soak, try to bait dumb assassins and as soon as you can create a 5-4 advantage wipe them out and farm up all the merc camps, boom keeps b gone

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular

In my incredibly limited experience with Ratty, I was really happy with the healing acorn.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    So I got the starter pack because sure I'll probably play $5 of this game.

No regrets:

ENaYtkG.jpg

• Options
    the starter pack is an excellent deal and at least two of the champs they give you are legit (Raynor and Muradin)

• Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    I'll be playing HotS in a few minutes if anyone is interested in grouping up. My tag is BlueMap#1493.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options

This strikes me as fair.

• Options

sure if everyone on my team is instantly replaced by someone better

I mean, you'll still lose a lot of those games

But turn around a happen a lot more for me in HotS than in every other MOBA I've played

the split on whether the other team blows their lead or whether my team finally clicks together is pretty 50-50.

• Options

Yeah I don't see why people use that phrase (which is hella patriarchal) when "harden the fuck up" is right there.

Because that one is still about dicks?

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

"Man up" implies patriarchal attitudes regarding superiority. "Harden up" implies ambiguous strength and toughness.

For example, Furiosa from the new Mad Max is like, the hardest and I'm more likely to think about that kind of thing than generic manly muscletude when I hear "harden the fuck up".

AvalonGuard on
  • Options

"Man up" implies patriarchal attitudes regarding superiority. "Harden up" implies ambiguous strength and toughness.

For example, Furiosa from the new Mad Max is like, the hardest and I'm more likely to think about that kind of thing than generic manly muscletude when I hear "harden the fuck up".

There is no way "harden up" is not about dicks.

• Options
    yordle up

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    so smite's premade conquest queue is apparently gone, and the main one now allows groups of up to five again, presumably because almost no one was playing in the 5-man-only conquest queue

edit: also don't alt-tab during a loading screen, it seems to be breaking things for a lot of people

also:

https://youtu.be/Qlfswn_NFAM

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the starter pack is an excellent deal and at least two of the champs they give you are legit (Raynor and Muradin)

What's the deal with malfurion? Is he not good?

• Options
    Malfurion is totally good, though I do just kind of hate that he has moonfire spam because it gives me vanilla WoW flashbacks

• Options
    malfurion is good but i just haven't played him first hand to know

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Malf is fine, though he hasn't got any burst healing, so really determined focus fire can sort of counter his effectiveness.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Didn't they change the matchmaking so that teams with support would always be matched against other teams with supports? I just played a game against a team with a Tyrande while my team was me as Azmodan and 4 warriors. I wonder if they broke the change with the latest patch.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Did you search go for more than 6 mins? I wonder if that still throws everything out the window.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Mezmoreyez voice pack?

Welp, I'm in for the shebang.
    Yeah, I've always wanted a mustang's engine to growl at me while I play SMITE.

Edit: Somehow didn't see the new page, I thought the thread died or something.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    so yesterday i got into a custom game of HoTS with a couple of rank 1 players and... i did OK, but I ended up getting saddled with the worst Nova I've ever seen who would constantly go hog wild 1vs3 and just sunk us. We still managed to push it to like 22-22 and win a couple of late team fights, but the cannonballs fucked us

I cannot queue Muradin against Tassadar anymore though. That guy is fucking annoying. What counters Tassadar?

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Not a lot, Tassadar is notoriously hard to kill.

Good team work and solid healing?

Possibly a good Nova?

• Options
    is it possible to ignore tassadar and just go for an assassin like Jaina? his shielding seems limitless

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I mean, moving away from where he does damage is definitely what you want to do, and if you kill his whole team you're aces. His shielding isn't that good unless he specs for it, and if he does that he's not very scary, so. He isn't a great solo-support guy, so if you take out whoever is actually healing for their team they're at a severe disadvantage. Just don't stand in the fire.

Edit: Like, I really think he's a well balanced character, but he's been out so long most players have a pretty solid understanding of how he works, and his builds have been pretty stable for a while, so he's kind of just a well-known entity who happens to be really strong all around

sarukun on
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

Seems like the new style of Golden / Legendary / Diamond skins will be debuting tomorrow. Looks rad on Bellona but I'm curious how they'll be handled for, say, Fenrir.

DrDinosaur on
  • Options
    Sweet I was reported for being bad in a non ranked game. Now I am the true moba player.

In their defense I was having a conversation and was playing like ass.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Sweet I was reported for being bad in a non ranked game. Now I am the true moba player.

In their defense I was having a conversation and was playing like ass.

How are you supposed to get carried if you aren't playing like ass????