As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] 100% XP Boost active through June 24

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »
    Pvp is black circle, it's not even a choice. It give you the extra juice to make the dunk kill and murderizes pushed forts with minions nearby.

Demonic invasion is mostly just for mercs.

Demonic invasion is good for forts and can be useful in team fights. It works great for forts because you can drop it right before a team fight starts and it will wreck a keep with the NPC's.

People also don't suspect it in a team fight, so it can do some decent damage before getting wrecked. Assuming there isnt a ton of AoE getting dropped.

Also, I assume it would wreck havoc with enemies' skillshots.

I love rain o grunts... it has a lot of utility. Helps with pushing, can create an instant push on a fort, does a reasonable amount of dps, can be used to zone objectives that have a timer to cap and can create an obstacle if your team has lost a team fight and is fleeing.

Black circle, I just can't get the hang of... it's so bloody short.

The idea with Black Circle is just to drop it and cast immediately. You don't need a big window of time. When you know you want to shoot an orb, or if you get lucky and someone is in melee range and you can laser them while standing still, that's when you drop your circle.

Yes, think of it like Kael'thas' trait. (Although I don't play Azmodan really so I'm not sure how accurate that is...)

It's accurate.

Whenever you are gonna cast a dunk that you are pretty sure will hit, circle first. The cooldown is short enough you just want to be constantly using it.

The only thing I find with Black Circle is I go OOM alot more when I pick it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i really wish they would just accept that there's only one way to use black circle and make it spawn automatically beneath you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Well, you can hold down alt to self-cast, which will also cause any AOE abilities to just be cast directly at your feet. So, Alt+R, then Q. Faster than having to target it manually if you're doing a long-range dunk but if you hold alt too long you'll just Q at your feet and look dumb.

• Options
    yeah but it's still a convoluted keyboard dance for what should probably be the ability's base functionality

maybe if they buff black pool's effect on minions you'll want to occasionally cast it on them but there's really no reason to right now, i'd rather they make it auto self-cast and balance accordingly

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    That's the thing with circle, it lasts so short, and how often do you actually get to hit someone with orb?

It kills your mana so fast too since all of your other talents are heavily mana based (Azmo isn't an auto attack character, really).

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    That's the thing with circle, it lasts so short, and how often do you actually get to hit someone with orb?

Pretty often? Black Circle dunks aren't for runaway stragglers, they're for teamfights. You stay on the outskirts of a teamfight (nowhere near, honestly) and dunk like 3, 4, 5 people for half their health.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I forgot how fun Gazlowe was. Or maybe its just that there's enough noobs to walk into Grav-o-bomb setups. And Laser-build seems to be real thing these days.
    4wpPwBL.jpg
    I'm not sure its overall better then a more turret-focused build, but it makes for great level 16 wombo combos.

Inq on
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I just wish his E didn't take so long

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Have you tried his D?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    I think today has been the worst day of playing since I started. Haven't won a single match, every team has people just kinda trickling around doing their own thing. I feel like if I am going to make any type of plays at all they pretty much have to be bad plays since there is no follow through. That or either I just never ever engage in doing anything. Rough time.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Garthor wrote: »
    Well, you can hold down alt to self-cast, which will also cause any AOE abilities to just be cast directly at your feet. So, Alt+R, then Q. Faster than having to target it manually if you're doing a long-range dunk but if you hold alt too long you'll just Q at your feet and look dumb.

How did I not know self cast was a thing?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular

Inexplicably the game doesn't tell you about it anywhere. There maybe some vague mention it in one of the control options (not actually sure about this), which isn't very helpful.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Have you tried his D?

That's what she said.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Inexplicably the game doesn't tell you about it anywhere. There maybe some vague mention it in one of the control options (not actually sure about this), which isn't very helpful.

Yeah, it's one of the things the game doesn't tell you.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    So far today in hero league I'm gonna say that my biggest enemies have been people picking nova on my team when they either A: aren't good at playing Nova or B: pick it against a team that has a fairly beefy lineup. And probably more dangerous than that is the team that just simply won't commit to anything. You can't win any team fights if everyone is looking for a reason to turn tail as quickly as possible, especially your tank :?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    love how i read the tips for new players well after i played for about 3 hours :surprised: I'll join up with the pa channel tomorrow. was jsut screwing around with the free players, think that stitches might be up my ally.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    stitches is super fun, but his numbers are a little low right now

that said that just means that when they buff him you'll kick some butt

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    don't own him, granted i get to play with him when hes free that day. going with the SC assassin guy got used to how he played in the tutorial.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Anyone know if Superiority reduces the damage dealt by Abathur's Monstrosity? I'd actually like to test that out in a custom game, but that would need cooperation.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think pets count as hero damage, but don't quote me on that.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    My guess would be that Superiority does not reduce the damage dealt by Monstrosities.

Like Zagara's Hydralisk or Azmodan's Demon Warrior, the Monstrosity is a unit spawned by an heroic ability, so its source is heroic.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    If June 2 doesn't give us our buff/debuff timers back I am gonna be pissed.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I've at least confirmed that Tassadar's permashield doesn't work on the Monstrosity.

I guess that Networked Carapace must just be coded to work on the Monstrosity too.

• Options
    FINALLY got 9 with abathur... got the portrait and I'm done with the worm for a bit I think.

Also, installed hotslogs and uploaded all the replays. It says my QM mmr is 2266... what's average?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I think you're somewhat about average. Platinum, I believe.

Keep in mind that, for QM, the game is doing more than just finding players based on any kind of MMR since it also has parameters for party composition. This means your MMR for QM isn't going to be super reliable.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I think you're somewhat about average. Platinum, I believe.

Keep in mind that, for QM, the game is doing more than just finding players based on any kind of MMR since it also has parameters for party composition. This means your MMR for QM isn't going to be super reliable.

Average I will take. It's miles above my personal assessment and Platinum sounds cool... "I'm totes Platinum ranked in Hots bitches".... yeah, that'll impress all the cool kids.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    According to their FAQ, Master is the top 1% of players, and Diamond is the top 9%. After that the distribution is apparently even. This means each other league has about 22% of the playerbase in it, so platinum is the top third of players? I'm not sure how he's doing the math here, but it's safe to say that platinum is definitely above average. Not sure exactly how much above it is, but yeah.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Apparently I'm Diamond based on 144 games. But yeah, Hot Slogs (that's totally how to pronounce it) is far from an exact science.

• Options
    Also, you can totally cheat the system by deleting replays of losses before uploading. You won't have a perfect record since other players will upload some here and there, but you will upload the most of yourself by far and can easy skew your results.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I stopped uploading a while ago and don't have hotslogs installed.

My account is there, but it's way behind on games played/won and by extension Mmr. It has my QL mmr higher than HL despite the fact that I play the latter exponentially more than the former.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    MMR is how well you do, so that just means you perform better in QM than HL. Playing more games will make your MMR more accurate, but not necessarily improve it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I have 64% win rate in QM

10% in HL 8->

I played ten games and quit in disgust after finally winning the tenth one.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    MMR is how well you do, so that just means you perform better in QM than HL. Playing more games will make your MMR more accurate, but not necessarily improve it.

Yeah except no. It's missing literally a thousand games because I don't upload them/formally have an account.

It's inaccurate. My HL record is better than my qm record.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »

10% in HL 8->

You meet some awful awful people in the bottom dregs of HL.

Like, I'm convinced some people don't even know what game they're playing. They hit level 30 and then something fell on their head and they forgot what hots was.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

10% in HL 8->

You meet some awful awful people in the bottom dregs of HL.

Like, I'm convinced some people don't even know what game they're playing. They hit level 30 and then something fell on their head and they forgot what hots was.

One of many reasons I don't play HL. ELO hell is real.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Double sale next week:

Weekly Sale Items for June 2 – 9, 2015
    Kerrigan -- Sale Price: 4.19 EUR, 3.19 GBP
    Tyrael -- Sale Price: 4.19 EUR, 3.19 GBP
    Countess Kerrigan Skin -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR - 3.69 GBP
    Seraphim Tyrael Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 EUR - 2.70 GBP
    Frost Wyrm Arthas Skin -- Sale Price: 3.69 EUR - 2.70 GBP
    Lunar Tiger Mount -- Sale Price: 4.99 EUR - 3.69 GBP

• Options
    None of those really interest me.

So that's the "going live" sale?

I mean, open beta and all, I'd imagine it wouldn't be all that HUGE of a deal (aside from that London event), but they could have picked more crowd-pleasing heroes (as much as I hate that it might mean some of them being WoW characters).

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Hmmm....

I do want Kerrigan.

And the Countess Kerrigan turns into a bat.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Countess Kerrigan is her best skin by a country mile.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Let my quests build up...now I have

Play 2 games as a StarCraft Hero
    Play 2 games as a Warcraft Hero
    and
    Play 2 games as a Diablo Hero

:P