As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

howto[chat]

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I think the most adorable memory from back when I met Patty is when she showed me an episode of Flapjack and just kind of intently watched me watching it, and when it got to the part with the mermaid I guess I only cracked a smile and she let out an incredibly genuine "Noooooooooo you're supposed to laugh!"

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Strategic emoji.

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    No one ever gets (or acknowledges) that joke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_i1xk07o4g
    Nobody understands me

IUS6nYR.gif

I would suggest that this is because to most it doesn't qualify as a joke in order that one might acknowledge it.

Like, quoting the Simpons is an allusion to source material intended to be humorous, it' snot clear that this is even that

No see it's funny because she listed vampire weekend in music she likes but also she didn't use any commas in her profile.

Now laugh

Now I see, it is some gentle humour. A-ha.

However, let's draw the Venn diagram of the ideal target

You're assuming I even want to meet a girl who doesn't get the joke!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Nobody understands me

IUS6nYR.gif

I would suggest that this is because to most it doesn't qualify as a joke in order that one might acknowledge it.

Like, quoting the Simpons is an allusion to source material intended to be humorous, it' snot clear that this is even that

No see it's funny because she listed vampire weekend in music she likes but also she didn't use any commas in her profile.

Now laugh
    black-eye.gif

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I think the most adorable memory from back when I met Patty is when she showed me an episode of Flapjack and just kind of intently watched me watching it, and when it got to the part with the mermaid I guess I only cracked a smile and she let out an incredibly genuine "Noooooooooo you're supposed to laugh!"

i watched hot shots with someone who didn't find any of it funny

i watched hot shots and thought about drowning myself in the docks

• Options
    There are too many women in the world for me to spend my time with one who won't acknowledge my brilliant music references.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    The fluffy bunny insult is odd. I should ask my pagan friends about it sometime.

In case not yet clear:

Fluff bunny sounds is another name for dust bunny.

It refers to the wiccans who care more about the aesthetics than the practice - they are all "fluff", no substance. It encompasses a large number of possible kinds of inauthenticity perceived by the speaker and like no true feminist/republican/bdsm lifer acid testing is generally divisive. Everyone is fluff bunny compared to you, online. As an outsider one occasionally wonders whether they aren't all do for bunnies because faith in Wiccan stuff seems extra strength silly - but this is, again, probably a failure of imagination. In another way, most definitely are because they identify with Wiccan spiritualism for reasons other than initially believing it's truth - like its feminist underpinnings, or rejection of Christianity or it's fictional age or a virtue in beliefs of ancient or exotic peoples.

• Options
    The fluffy bunny insult is odd. I should ask my pagan friends about it sometime.

In case not yet clear:

It refers to the wiccans who care more about the aesthetics than the practice - they are all "fluff", no substance. It encompasses a large number of possible kinds of inauthenticity perceived by the speaker and like no true feminist/republican/bdsm lifer acid testing is generally divisive. Everyone is fluff bunny compared to you, online. As an outsider one occasionally wonders whether they aren't all do for bunnies because faith in Wiccan stuff seems extra strength silly - but this is, again, probably a failure of imagination. In another way, most definitely are because they identify with Wiccan spiritualism for reasons other than initially believing it's truth - like its feminist underpinnings, or rejection of Christianity or it's fictional age or a virtue in beliefs of ancient or exotic peoples.

also bunnies are cute, like a cat :3

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Nobody understands me

IUS6nYR.gif

Now laugh

Now I see, it is some gentle humour. A-ha.

However, let's draw the Venn diagram of the ideal target

You're assuming I even want to meet a girl who doesn't get the joke!

I feel like the requirement for the set up:
    1. Has no commas or otherwise poor punctuation
    2. Likes or would appreciate correction upon or reference to punctuation

Narrows the field considerably

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Nobody understands me

IUS6nYR.gif

Now laugh

EdSvedZl.jpg

winky's ultimate waifu

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    You care less about your significant other sharing your taste in things as you get older. In part, it's because you're more mature, more confident in your own taste and happy to enjoy things on your own rather than sharing everything with your SO, so you stop dragging them to beloved movies they won't like and you stop pressing cherished books on them they'll find tedious.

And in part it's because you are getting old and your hopes and dreams of finding the perfect match wither and die on the vine, and you find yourself clutching at someone, anyone who seems like they might be bearable company as you slowly stumble towards the open grave and complete oblivion you know is your destiny.

• Options
    What am I looking at?

• Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    You care less about your significant other sharing your taste in things as you get older. In part, it's because you're more mature, more confident in your own taste and happy to enjoy things on your own rather than sharing everything with your SO, so you stop dragging them to beloved movies they won't like and you stop pressing cherished books on them they'll find tedious.

And in part it's because you are getting old and your hopes and dreams of finding the perfect match wither and die on the vine, and you find yourself clutching at someone, anyone who seems like they might be bearable company as you slowly stumble towards the open grave and complete oblivion you know is your destiny.
    Plus, if they liked all the things you liked you'd have to spend even more time with them why can't you have a minute alone I swear

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular

Mhh, you're an old, it is confirmed.

• Options

Yeah but I'm not an old so

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    oh my god

brooklyn nine nine

"This guy Dexter was murdered in a boat explosion."

• Options

that said do not tolerate partners who read crappy books it is a crime

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Anime sure took over for a single page.

Those were heady times.
    fk i missed it

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    I find that one of the more cathartic feelings one can have is experiencing something that someone else is also experiencing, and both of us are having the same feelings from it.

Obviously, realistically you will not have (or want) an SO who only likes things that you like, but I definitely feel like I would need some overlap in interests, or at least a mutual willingness to get into some of the stuff that the other one is into. Then again, I might feel differently when I'm older.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Whee

poo
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Eh, Apoth, actual Wiccans can give their lineage of initiation back to Gerald Gardner. Anyone claiming to be Wiccan who cannot do that is basically like someone calling themselves a Jew, except they're Greek, and worship Zeus.

Cue various arguments about how they too should have the right to use the OE word for a male witch.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    winky maybe you just want to get hooked up to the hivemind idk

• Options
    I am also including a picture of Gardner himself, because it's amazing.

forNTpf.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015

Aren't you, Winky?

Aren't you?

Look in the mirror. Does time's remorseless march not tell upon your face? Can you not see the faint beginnings of wrinkles, creases and the faintest suggestion that your hair is retreating from firmly held territory on your scalp?

Look around you. Where are you? Do you even remember what you came into the room for?

Bogart on
  • Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I mean, okay, it's not good

But goddamn if it ain't some great pulpy scifi shit

It is legitimately one of the most terribly written and paced things I've ever sat through an entire Let's Play of

The first game was bad enough, Virtue's Last Reward was unbearable unless you're actively mocking it
    fite me

• Options
    815165 wrote: »

In case not yet clear:

also bunnies are cute, like a cat :3

And vicious, like a cat.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @eddy @ronya

I made an imgur gallery of all the finalists in the new Fiji flag design thing

They are pretty much universally terrible

here is a preview image that will appeal to eddy's baewave 90s jpeg compressed sensibilities

qsg9zx1.jpg?1

• Options
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    this one looks okay to me

RXRlyczm.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    winky maybe you just want to get hooked up to the hivemind idk

I feel like I basically have this with Patty and Mike. When we're on acid we get confused as to whose thoughts are whose and I have a hard time remembering that the two of them are not physical extensions of my own body.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Shared interests are most useful as icebreakers. Especially if you're interested in polar sailing.

PLA on
  • Options

Aren't you, Winky?

Aren't you?

Look in the mirror. Does time's remorseless march not tell upon your face? Can you not see the faint beginnings of wrinkles, creases and the faintest suggestion that your hair is retreating from firmly held territory on your scalp?

Look around you. Where are you? Do you even remember what you came into the room for?

Nah bro if anything I got a baby face.

Those of my mother's line are graced with eternal youth.

• Options
    As a previous owner of bunnies, I can confirm that they (especially the does) can be pretty vicious.

Also they have this sort of growl that sounds like a burp.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    this one looks okay to me

RXRlyczm.jpg

That one is my pick for "best of a bad bunch"

• Options
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I mean, okay, it's not good

But goddamn if it ain't some great pulpy scifi shit

It is legitimately one of the most terribly written and paced things I've ever sat through an entire Let's Play of

The first game was bad enough, Virtue's Last Reward was unbearable unless you're actively mocking it
    fite me

let me know when your birthday is, I don't fight two year olds

much

• Options
    I have no idea what the ones on the left are showing. The next column is awful, except the bottom one, and seems to be variations on a theme of 'what can you find abandoned on a beach'. Next column looks like pictures from a slow child's reading book SEE THE BOAT SEE THE BOAT MOVE. Next column is OK, followed by THE SUN, followed by OH GOD NO THE SUN IS GOING TO HIT US followed by a picture of the trail Tinkerbell leaves. Final column is nonsense, followed by OK, followed by a star because nothing says Fiji like a star.

• Options
    i like the notion that you won't fight a 2 y/o but a 3 y/o, that's fine, what's the issue

• Options
    That tricolour would have been okay if they hadn't stuck a flower thing in the centre

Nothing good comes of complicating the tricolour design, people

This is why Chad and Romania have the same flag - because adding something to alter it would be a worse crime than having the same flag

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    some of them would be good for a quasi-sovereign corporate entity or ngo, especially the mango slice and the repeated boat emblem

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    i like the notion that you won't fight a 2 y/o but a 3 y/o, that's fine, what's the issue

I only pick on people my own size

This discussion has been closed.