Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Just class, planet, and pre-kotfe companion story quests are cut off. Non-story planet quests are now called "exploration missions", heroics are still doable and can all be gotten from a terminal at your home base in kotfe and give you an item to teleport right to them.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    Does anyone know what quests get locked out once you start the new Expansion. Is it just old planet/class quests? are old dailies still availiable? Or is it only KotFE content you can do

I think it's just class and companion quests that you're locked out of. I still have planetary quests from Voss and Ilum active, and there was a purple icon on Hoth when I visited, suggesting that planetary quest is still active.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I'd heard that SoR kind of followed after the Knight's story, so I figured I'd play through that one before continuing my Warrior. However, I don't think I can go back to doing planetary quests. I should probably just go back and get started on SoR.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I'd heard that SoR kind of followed after the Knight's story, so I figured I'd play through that one before continuing my Warrior. However, I don't think I can go back to doing planetary quests. I should probably just go back and get started on SoR.
    It makes the most sense if you've played Knight and Warrior and... uh, I think it was the Foundry flashpoint.

Spoilers:
    In Knight, you see the Emperor killed and learn his plans (to kill things and absorb their power).

In Warrior, you learn that the Emperor is immortal and doesn't care that he died.

In Foundry, you find out that Revan isn't dead.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    I did a bunch of the side stuff and I liked the idea of it, the issue is that every single enemy was a huge damage sponge that never even came the tiniest bit close to being a threat. Every enemy except the final boss was just a matter of standing there and going through the rotation far too many times before they dropped. That's not fun.

Reminds me of the main story, really.
    This is why Arcann didn't feel dangerous to me. When your "near-flawless defense" is just having 500k hp I'm not impressed.

• Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    So new xpac has some amazing decorations. I got a ton from the space fortress missions and spent the last two hours redecorating. Anyone on Imp side Shadowlands wanna come see? :D

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    So new xpac has some amazing decorations. I got a ton from the space fortress missions and spent the last two hours redecorating. Anyone on Imp side Shadowlands wanna come see? :D

I'd be down! Name is Grove in game...not currently in game, but I believe I'm still in the penny arcade channel on Shadowlands.

I, too, have been going crazy with decorating.

AND I got Pierce after 20ish pvp matches. I was surprised how much I enjoyed PvP in this game. I normally can't stand it in MMO's.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    I did a bunch of the side stuff and I liked the idea of it, the issue is that every single enemy was a huge damage sponge that never even came the tiniest bit close to being a threat. Every enemy except the final boss was just a matter of standing there and going through the rotation far too many times before they dropped. That's not fun.

This is why Arcann didn't feel dangerous to me. When your "near-flawless defense" is just having 500k hp I'm not impressed.

Expanding on your spoiler:
    Arcann's flawless defense is his ability to manipulate cut scenes to make himself seem like a big deal. Meh, I'm pretty sure his sister is going to be the end boss anyways.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    So evidently opposite factions can use the housing system to pop up in rival capitals now?

Just passed a sith going nuts in the senate.

• Options
    Just realized what Bioware was aiming for with the new companion mechanisms.

It's called the Alliance system.

It's basically a "What if Mon Mothma was also a powerful Force-sensitive, legendary outlaw, notorious spymaster, great bounty hunter, or special ops commando?"

It's a stealth Rebel Alliance vs. Palpatine's Empire game.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »

Arcann's flawless defense is his ability to manipulate cut scenes to make himself seem like a big deal. Meh, I'm pretty sure his sister is going to be the end boss anyways.

On Arcann
    I love your first fight with him.

Specifically, because he just spams Force Lightning.

Specifically, because after his channel, he's stunned for a short duration. And there's golden lightning sparks sparking off his Cyborg arm. Because he was dumb enough to cast Force Lightning with his Cyborg arm. Multiple times.

It was GREAT little bit of storytelling.

• Options
    Assuran wrote: »

On Arcann
    I love your first fight with him.

Specifically, because he just spams Force Lightning.

Specifically, because after his channel, he's stunned for a short duration. And there's golden lightning sparks sparking off his Cyborg arm. Because he was dumb enough to cast Force Lightning with his Cyborg arm. Multiple times.

It was GREAT little bit of storytelling.

My feelings on him are that
    he hasn't had a real fight since he killed his brother, and he was never that good at real fights anyway. I mean, there was the fight against Valkorion, but that hardly counted. Valkorion clowned him until he was too distracted by doing so to notice you coming at him from behind.

And consider that even beforehand, he got injured bad enough to lose his arm and part of his face, while his brother got away without a scratch.

To paraphrase Morpheus in The Matrix, Arcann's weakness is not his technique. Arcann strikes me very much as someone who is great at sparring or even competitive fights but is just not cut out to actually do battle. He's "Fox only no items Final Destination" guy in Smash Bros., which is great if you want to arrange a fair tournament, but not if you want to settle which character is actually the best in a nothing's-illegal fight. He's an MMA fighter with anger issues who keeps getting bottle'd in the face whenever he picks a fight in a bar.

This is another reason why I see the Jedi Knight as the obvious choice for the canonical Outlander. Arcann thinks he's stymied the Jedi Knight's attacks with his own flawless saber skill, and then he spams lightning with his cybernetic hand, or he cuts into an environmental hazard and releases toxic gas or gets shocked, etc., and gets chumped. Meanwhile, the Jedi Knight is just as good with a blade, if not as well-educated in the use of the Force, and has been using environmental tricks to even the odds for five years (~time for how long from prologue to end of Ziost content), so he gets to lecture Arcann on just how inadequate he really is. Jedi Battlemaster indeed.

Of course Arcann has plot armor haxx a lot more raw power and determination than the Knight expects, so he just keeps coming. It's a little like if Vader weren't so badly injured at the end of episode 3.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I verified it, Nico Okarr is John Dimaggio. I sat through most of the credits to find out!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    p25jDA1.png

I'm back, and with a 52 Powertech in tow. Bounty Hunter story ended very well and I rate it up there just under the Warrior, Agent and Knight stories. On par with the Inquisitor.

Been playing this a lot now that the leveling is more streamlined and I have Mara @Olorin, @Yukira and others to play new alts with. I haven't rushed to the new stuff yet but I do anticipate it being amazeballs from all the good comments in here.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So evidently opposite factions can use the housing system to pop up in rival capitals now?

Just passed a sith going nuts in the senate.

Yeah, there was a bunch of Imperials ganking PvP-tagged people in Coruscant the other day.

Also: Hard Modes, how do they work? I want to do Maelstrom Prison for the HK-51 part, but I'm at 55 with 178 rating gear. Apparently I can queue (with no luck so far), although the tooltip recommends 212 rating gear. I think I'd have better luck queuing as tank, but then I probably need better gear, and gearing up seems futile given that the 27th is almost here and I'll be leveling again soon. So I guess I should just level to 65, gear up, and then do the hard mode?

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    Looks like they hotfixed/broke being able to sell decorations from the Star Fortress runs. :(

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    here are a couple maybe not intended things that people might want to do before the next patch:

-the barrels/hilts from 208 offhands that you can buy with basic comms can be stripped and put into mainhands

-a level 1 character can claim the nico companion, use the contact window to travel to odessen, and do the droid mission in the cantina to jump straight to level 9 (or 10/11 if you use the free xp boost. that seems like a waste to me though since you'll prob burn up that time still doing the class line)

-if you delete your free lvl60 character before it reaches 61, you can create a new 60. that is intended so that people don't 'waste' the freebie on a class they don't like playing.
    but the instant 60s come with unique bound to legacy gear sets. you can take those off and put them into the legacy cargo hold before you delete the character. there are 4 sets that look different for imp/pub

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Okay, is it just me, or do they REALLY want you to make a lot of Ice Scrabbler Jerky? I got two schematics for that within 10 minutes, and I've seen it far too often for it to be a coincidence post-patch.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I just tested it. You can create a 60, use their fleet pass, mail their unique armor to yourself, then delete them. And you get your free 60 back.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    I just tested it. You can create a 60, use their fleet pass, mail their unique armor to yourself, then delete them. And you get your free 60 back.

Our just use your main stronghold port and have your account storage right there.

253J736.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular

I have a bay in my legacy storage nearly full of the various sets for both sides. It's handy. I do like the ability to delete and remake 60s. It helps if you dislike the class after trying it

• Options
    WolveSight wrote: »

Our just use your main stronghold port and have your account storage right there.

Oh is that a thing? I've never even looked at anything stronghold-related.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    WolveSight wrote: »

Oh is that a thing? I've never even looked at anything stronghold-related.

It's super-useful. There's legacy storage, personal storage, you can put in mailboxes and GTN terminals, it's great.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I verified it, Nico Okarr is John Dimaggio. I sat through most of the credits to find out!

Yeah, when I was doing the quest, first couple lines I didn't really think it was him, but by the end I was almost certain it was.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I'm in the process of topping off my trooper so I'll have tanks at 65 on both factions so I can more easily help people. He started the day at 51. Finished Makeb and he's around 57.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    Cambiata wrote: »

Yeah, when I was doing the quest, first couple lines I didn't really think it was him, but by the end I was almost certain it was.

Did you remember the little umbrella?

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Seen on the internet:
    tumblr_nwh2bq4aLn1slq8cuo1_500.jpg

Yep everything seems to be in order here.

Orca on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    hah

also is the 60-boost legacy set the same as the ones you can buy with credits from legacy vendors, or is it something totally new?

also barrels/hilts from offhands has been a thing forever; you can also lifeboat them over to alts if you have legacy-bound weapons to use.

speaking of that, does anybody know if any of the level 65 comm gear comes with ideally-itemized enhancements? I remember back in the day like, marauder pants or something came with the good power/alacrity enh

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    First order of business is always to disable and remove shitraider.

I might not hate it so much if there was an option to throttle it. But as it stands it obliterates my bandwidth and that can just go get fucked. I'm not paying my sub to be barely able to play just so freeloaders can download patches easier.

Hmm, I'm out of the loop on this one. I'm guessing Bitraider is a torrent client that uses your connection while you play SWTOR to distribute?

That seems really shady.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Derrick wrote: »
    First order of business is always to disable and remove shitraider.

I might not hate it so much if there was an option to throttle it. But as it stands it obliterates my bandwidth and that can just go get fucked. I'm not paying my sub to be barely able to play just so freeloaders can download patches easier.

Hmm, I'm out of the loop on this one. I'm guessing Bitraider is a torrent client that uses your connection while you play SWTOR to distribute?

That seems really shady.

As far as I'm aware, it's not when you play, just while you're DLing. But that means that the more you have, the more you're contributing to the swarm, and the less you're getting out of it. So that last 2% can take like 10 minutes when the first 50% took 5.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Orca wrote: »
    Seen on the internet:

I'm wondering whether they ended up that way or ground up all those classes for the one joke.

Because that would be a lot of skadge hate.

Edit: Wait, is that even possible? I thought the legacy ability was locked to story completion?

Astale on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote:
    Okay, is it just me, or do they REALLY want you to make a lot of Ice Scrabbler Jerky? I got two schematics for that within 10 minutes, and I've seen it far too often for it to be a coincidence post-patch.

You know, the irony is I used to find alot of ice scrabbler livers, and couldn't for the life of me figure out what the heck they were for pre-patch.

• Options
    Astale wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Seen on the internet:

I'm wondering whether they ended up that way or ground up all those classes for the one joke.

Because that would be a lot of skadge hate.

Edit: Wait, is that even possible? I thought the legacy ability was locked to story completion?

You unlock the companion bonus not for getting them but for completing their conversation line. So the guy has talked everyone to the end of their conversation line and done all the stories--except he didn't give a shit about Skadge.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    I am really enjoying these cleaned up lower levels. Just finishing up Imperial Tatooine and was worrying about how long the Czerka lab was going to feel now that everything else went so fast. Pleasantly surprised to find out now there is an elevator that takes you right to the ending.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I'm in this weird position because of the headstart in that since I subscribed late I don't get access to either the new stuff or SoR, so I'm capped at 55 for two days.

Oh well, might as well just do stuff for the story beats.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    that's where I'm at; I just have been leveling an alt a bit and getting my 55s lined up to level

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So I literally did the "create a new level 60 toon, put their legacy-bound armor in the cargo bay, then delete it to get the free 60 toon back" trick for each class before I realized that, wait, that cool-looking semi-unique legacy-bound gear? None of it's moddable.

Which, thanks to the outfit designer, doesn't matter for most of it. But that cool assault cannon model? Almost useless.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    WindburnWindburn Registered User regular
    With regard to the new alliance system, would someone mind confirming my understanding of it?

1 - Companion story progression is no longer linked to affection/Influence. It is now linked to character level.
    1a - If 1 is true, then how do romance-able arcs work?
    2 - You now gain influence regardless of whether the companion agrees or disagrees with your decision
    3 - A companion that disagrees with you regularly will react to your character negatively (in spite of having a high influence with them)
    3a - If 3 is true, how to you track their "attitude"?
    4 - Progressing influence ranks yields presence/crafting bonuses only. There is no other reason to max those out.

Unrelated question:
    Is anyone else having audio issues? The blaster sounds on my new bounty hunter seem muted and a little out of sync.

This discussion has been closed.