Options

[SWTOR] Next chapter of KotFE coming March 10: Disavowed

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Professing to be the Empire's Wrath in an attempt to intimidate folks who have never heard of the Sith Empire and have no idea as to why it would be wrathful doesn't work particularly well.

You: I AM THE EMPIRE'S WRATH. <intimidating gesture>
    Them: lolwut.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    All the 1:1 combat with the lightsaber dude makes me want to get my Jugg to 60. Having my agent go toe to toe with a force wielder like that seems... off.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Professing to be the Empire's Wrath in an attempt to intimidate folks who have never heard of the Sith Empire and have no idea as to why it would be wrathful doesn't work particularly well.

You: I AM THE EMPIRE'S WRATH. <intimidating gesture>
    Them: lolwut.

You mean the Emperors Roth?
    77129de455355835136c3c9846cd375c.jpg
    Which I would assume is a testament to how doomed any efforts to Hagar you would be.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    All the 1:1 combat with the lightsaber dude makes me want to get my Jugg to 60. Having my agent go toe to toe with a force wielder like that seems... off.

Yea.. that's kinda my thoughts as well.. for the non force users who have done the KOTFE story so far.. how did it feel for you.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    So, just a word of advice.

Don't spend any money on the new Hypercrate. Like, at all. Period.

I bought one, and the "highlights" of the pull were the Akk Dog(Which I admit I'm okay with) and a Theron Shan holostatue(WHY WOULD YOU WANT HIS HOLOSTATUE).

And then I decided, instead of subjecting myself to that, that I would buy 4 Gold Packs instead.

I pulled(Complete set's, mind you):

Satele Shan Set
    Revan Reborn Set
    Herald of Zilrog Set(WHICH WAS IN THE NEW HYPECRATE that I got zero pieces of!)
    Marka Ragnos Set

And a Golden Charnel mask, which is, you know, previously only available via rep, which means I can sell it for a fortune.

From FOUR of those packs. Which, if you're doing the math, it's 4,800 Cartel Coins, Less, than a Hypercrate, and More Gold item's, to boot.

Save your Wallet. Don't buy Hypercrates, ever again.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »

Yea.. that's kinda my thoughts as well.. for the non force users who have done the KOTFE story so far.. how did it feel for you.

Well, playing a Commando, I would be quite willing to buy beam spam doing the job through sheer volume...except that the custcenes still show Commandos plinking away with their pistols, the massive assault cannons dangling uselessly off their backs.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Scoundrel felt fine. Proof that you don't need a lightsaber when you have shotguns and punching.

That being said, I'm definitely curious to see the force-user side of things.

• Options
    EnclaveofGnomesEnclaveofGnomes Registered User regular
    There are a few cutscenes where your character takes part in cool lightsaber duels...and you some times get *force user knowledge* specific dialogue at least during the much later kotor style dialogue.

There's a scene where you help move an object. I can't think of any other force specific moments.

• Options
    welp goddammit stupid finicky program is broke time for my biannual reinstall

• Options
    deleteing the bitraider folder usually fixes my regular issues with the damn launcher/program

• Options
    deleteing the bitraider folder usually fixes my regular issues with the damn launcher/program

This was one I've never seen before. I'd get the loading screen, forever. And when I checked task manager, there would be two swtor processes, both sucking up RAM like active, and I can only end one of them, and that doesn't fix anything.

• Options
    Shadowen wrote: »

This was one I've never seen before. I'd get the loading screen, forever. And when I checked task manager, there would be two swtor processes, both sucking up RAM like active, and I can only end one of them, and that doesn't fix anything.

I had that too, I just left it, in 5-10 mins it loaded up normally.

Hasn't happened again.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I miss the 12x XP. As it is now, it's a huge improvement over launch, but the planetary quests just aren't that good. I got to Taris on my Knight and it isn't even a proper quest chain, it's just a bunch of random quests. At least the Imperial side has Thana Vesh connecting it all together.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I miss the 12x XP. As it is now, it's a huge improvement over launch, but the planetary quests just aren't that good. I got to Taris on my Knight and it isn't even a proper quest chain, it's just a bunch of random quests. At least the Imperial side has Thana Vesh connecting it all together.

Yeah, 12X exp is way, way better, because the Planetary quests have a surprising amount of filler. For some reason I remembered the Planetary quests being one stop shopping like the Class quests but that is way not the case.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Deleting the bitraider folder usually fixes my problem with the program by forcing me to reinstall everything.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Orca wrote: »

Deleting the bitraider folder usually fixes my problem with the program by forcing me to reinstall everything.

Weird, it just verify's the cache for me and replaces the folder. No massive download.

You might be using the non-streaming version, is there an ST in one of the corners of the Launcher?

EnclaveofGnomes on
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I've really gotten into decorating my DK stronghold since coming back. Doing a bit of research here and there for good ideas, etc. Thought this Coruscant SH was gourgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYETuBzEK_s

If you folks have an video recommendations of great SH's let me know, I'd love to watch them.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Y'know the worst thing about reinstalling TOR? The download bar is a filthy, filthy lie.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    How long is Yavin 4? I'm crawling my way toward KotFE, but getting impatient!

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

Not long. If you don't care about the storyline and just skip through it all...an hour or so? Maybe two if you do the weekly.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Yavin can really slog on for awhile but if you haven't done it before, I would recommend seeing it through just because it relates to the expansion. Same with the Ziost stuff after Yavin.

• Options

Weird, it just verify's the cache for me and replaces the folder. No massive download.

You might be using the non-streaming version, is there an ST in one of the corners of the Launcher?

Yes. Not sure if that was the case the last two times I've had to reinstall.

• Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:

It kinda varies depending on focused a player you are (ie. how often do you take breaks from the keyboard) and how much of the optional stuff you choose to go through. For me personally, I finished yavin in two evening play sessions about 3 hours per session roughly. Ziost is super short, you can finish the whole thing in a single evening (even less than a single evening if you've done it before and skip through most of the cutscene stuff, and beeline to the objectives).

• Options
    darkmayo wrote:

It honestly hasn't bothered me so far. To be fair, it's not like the agent hasn't already had plenty of conflicts with force wielders up to this point. One of my favorite memories of the vanilla game was going up against a jedi master on corellia who had a reputation for being invulnerable to a long list of various weapons (ie. blasters, explosions, lightsabers etc.). Through some absolute fluke, the list just happened to not include knives - which for a concealment specialized operative, was a very happy coincidence.

Interestingly enough, I'm currently playing through with my vanguard trooper and he's actually handling alot of the force users spectacularly well. Even better than my jedi knight did. With well timed uses of hold the line, you can ignore alot of the force pushes and such that they usually try and use to disrupt you.

• Options

Yes. Not sure if that was the case the last two times I've had to reinstall.

From what I've read the other client is more stable, but if anything does go wrong you're basically boned and need to reinstall.

I actually ended up deleting the bitraider client a few times for that most recent patch before it went through alright, no full install needed.

• Options
    gyyyuhhhh

Bioware are really, really lucky Knights of the Fallen Empire is so good because the TOR installer is still absolute trash.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    First order of business is always to disable and remove shitraider.

I might not hate it so much if there was an option to throttle it. But as it stands it obliterates my bandwidth and that can just go get fucked. I'm not paying my sub to be barely able to play just so freeloaders can download patches easier.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    Just picked up Nico. Either not John Dimaggio or John's doing an excellent job of not sounding as gruff as he usually does. I'm leaning towards the former.

Side note: They should sell alternate voice packs and there should be one for HK-51 that makes him Bender. Also a skin.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:

It kinda varies depending on focused a player you are (ie. how often do you take breaks from the keyboard) and how much of the optional stuff you choose to go through. For me personally, I finished yavin in two evening play sessions about 3 hours per session roughly. Ziost is super short, you can finish the whole thing in a single evening (even less than a single evening if you've done it before and skip through most of the cutscene stuff, and beeline to the objectives).
    I'm already 63 so I'd just been doing MQ stuff. Do I need to know side stuff for KotFE?

• Options
    So anyone want to do all of the Destroying the Star Fortress missions with me today? I solo'd the Nar Shadaa one and that is not something I want to do again.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So anyone want to do all of the Destroying the Star Fortress missions with me today? I solo'd the Nar Shadaa one and that is not something I want to do again.

I'm down, especially if I can get the other companions ready for it (I still have 4 planetary ones, sigh). You ARE on Covenant, right?

Orca on
  • Options

I'm down, especially if I can get the other companions ready for it (I still have 4 planetary ones, sigh). You ARE on Covenant, right?

Shadowlands :(

Steam
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    So it looks like I'm pretty much hooked on this game, for the first time ever (despite numerous false starts over the years). My Jedi Shadow hit 55 a couple of days ago. Leveled mostly in tank spec, even though I haven't actually tanked any flashpoints.

Been killing time by completing Makeb and then went back and have completed most of Ilum now. I guess I'll try to get HK-51 next. Is there anything else I should do before I get access to SoR and KotFE on the 27th?

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    These star fortresses are powerfully monotonous.

• Options
    These star fortresses are powerfully monotonous.

You ain't kidding. It wasn't difficult by any means. Just so god damned tedious.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    It's worth noting that the star fortresses do have some optional stuff that's off the main route to the objective.
    In particular, there are named zakuul knights that drop level 200 equipment and occasionally high quality companion gifts. There's also a side objective to disable the station's orbital targeting systems - doing this objective rewards you with an extra 650 influence with the companion that's accompanying you at the time. There's also these religious devotional texts you can find lying around that count towards an achievement.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    It's worth noting that the star fortresses do have some optional stuff that's off the main route to the objective.
    In particular, there are named zakuul knights that drop level 200 equipment and occasionally high quality companion gifts. There's also a side objective to disable the station's orbital targeting systems - doing this objective rewards you with an extra 650 influence with the companion that's accompanying you at the time. There's also these religious devotional texts you can find lying around that count towards an achievement.

Regarding the influence amount,
    do you have the legacy perk that increases companion affection gains by 30%? Because I was just getting 500 influence, which makes me wonder if maybe that perk increases that gain. It would make sense; conversation affection is basically a mission reward, and you get the influence as a reward for a bonus mission.

• Options
    I did a bunch of the side stuff and I liked the idea of it, the issue is that every single enemy was a huge damage sponge that never even came the tiniest bit close to being a threat. Every enemy except the final boss was just a matter of standing there and going through the rotation far too many times before they dropped. That's not fun.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    are any of you on harbinger?

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what quests get locked out once you start the new Expansion. Is it just old planet/class quests? are old dailies still availiable? Or is it only KotFE content you can do

This discussion has been closed.