As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Get that game with the Skittles tie in on Steam

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Get that game with the Skittles tie in on Steam

Sorry, you just mentioned one of my most hated games. I rented that piece of garbage as a kid and just for fuck's sake could they be any more blatant about the marketing?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    While we're making requests - I would like Monopoly Tycoon on either Steam or GOG. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time, and I think with the Monopoly rights shifting over the year it's probably lost in terms of digital.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Could you wish for more time in the day where I'm awake and my kids are not? It turns out I can't beat the shit out of guys at Batman while they're awake.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    He didn't wish hard enough, hence why you're getting an F2P Dragon's Dogma instead of Dark Arisen.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Madican wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm directing all of my wishing power to Skies of Arcadia on Steam now.

That is also acceptable.

@zxerol - Your truthful words hurt my heart. Still crossing my fingers that it will be good. When I first saw DD back in the day, my initial thought was "this would be amazing with coop."

vamen on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    As long as we're wishing for things, can I put up a vote for several console exclusives that have made me sad: Heavy Rain, Bayonetta, and Red Dead Redemption?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    I'd like to throw in Last of Us, too. Even if it is by a company owned by Sony. D:

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    Could you wish for more time in the day where I'm awake and my kids are not? It turns out I can't beat the shit out of guys at Batman while they're awake.

If batman has taught me anything, its that you could knock your kids out by dropping down from a gargoyle and kicking them in the head. Plenty of time for batmans then.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Naughty Dog is owned by Sony? That makes sense but had never occurred to me.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Yeah, they were bought during the Jak and Daxter era.

• Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Don't forget to wish for Okami, too!

Back to games that are definitely on steam (or will be soon), it looks like if there are enough preorders for Tales of Zestiria, those people will also receive Tales of Symphonia for free. I couldn't find any indication of how many are needed, but there is a percentage chart on the Zestiria page. (Right now, it's about 36% of the way to the first reward level, extra male costumes.)

Berylline on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited July 2015

I can only play after the kids go to bed too. I dive into it as soon as the kids are in bed and crunch out as much as I can before I need to sleep. But I'd just wish for some optimization, since my laptop can only handle AK at 640x480. Even at that it's too much fun to put down. I bought the deluxe edition for PC, but I'm still tempted by ebay's PS4+AK deal today (since I'd really like to play it with high graphics).

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

My son came down to the basement at 10pm last night. I thought it was to say goodnight, but it was actually to see what I was doing. I was trying to learn how to play Terraria so I could play with him over the weekend as he owns a copy too. He then tried to tutor me, I got frustrated and switched to Splatoon :)

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

My son came down to the basement at 10pm last night. I thought it was to say goodnight, but it was actually to see what I was doing. I was trying to learn how to play Terraria so I could play with him over the weekend as he owns a copy too. He then tried to tutor me, I got frustrated and switched to Splatoon :)

"So what you do here, you collect all the ore you found, you smelt it in the.. no. Not like.. no dad, bring the ore up.. no okay look just move over and let me do it"

"You're grounded."

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I preemptively, if inadvertently, planned for the future so I'd always have time to play games by being unable to reproduce. I got hit in my Gentleman's Area a lot in Aikido as a younger man.

vamen on
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I got to explain to my 5-year-old son what an apoapsis was yesterday. Fun times, gaming with kids.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

"So what you do here, you collect all the ore you found, you smelt it in the.. no. Not like.. no dad, bring the ore up.. no okay look just move over and let me do it"

"You're grounded."

My son got into minecraft recently. "Dad come build a house next to me so we can be neighbors. No dad, what are you doing, you're just putting blocks all over the place. Dad, you need to put a door...you need a roof. Dad, you can see the moon through the hole in the top of your house."
    "The tree is my roof. It's a nice athstetic choice. Leave me alone."
    "Ok...Where is your bed?"

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    If you're on the fence about Ronin (like I was) and don't want to play the demo, the Giant Bomb quick look is really good, and now I know what I'm rolling pennies for next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hBcPvA5I1k

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Ronin is even better if you actually use your grapple.

• Options
    Drake wrote: »
    Ronin is even better if you actually use your grapple.

Sooooo much better!

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    I just need to think of the contest. Alas, I'm drawing a blank. Anyone got any great ideas in their head for a contest?
    I though the obvious idea would be a Miraulous Ladybug cosplay contest.
    No?
    Maybe a karaoke contest, singing the Ladybug theme song? (of course, Isy should be part of the jury for that one).
    zhBKTC9.gifzhBKTC9.gifzhBKTC9.gifzhBKTC9.gif

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    How is something called a quick look 40 minutes long? I was expecting a short but detailed overview of the game. :?

• Options
    That's actually one of their shorter ones. They are regularly 90 minutes long.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Whoever asked for Power Stone gets my birthday wish. Although it's half-hearted because all I really want is Earthbound on my 3DS and then Mother 3 on any virtual console.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Jeix wrote: »
    How is something called a quick look 40 minutes long? I was expecting a short but detailed overview of the game. :?

Yeah, it's completely ridiculous. They are so bad at games too.

• Options
    Leave Vinny alone!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    My internet lives again!

Thank gods for Steam Offline mode. I think I would have gone insane without it.

I was able to finish Costume Quest 2 while it was down.

With Costume Quest 2, if you liked 1, you'll like 2. A bit shorter than the first, and it didn't seem as difficult or complex.
    Still fun though.

• Options
    It looks like I'm selling cards without a target now; thanks @vamen!

vxnwi47zu8l4.png

Also yes @Drake, the GB guys aren't great at games, but the personality and discussion keeps me coming back. The whole New York office, especially, is great I think.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    I preemptively, if inadvertently, planned for the future so I'd always have time to play games by being unable to reproduce. I got hit in my Gentleman's Area a lot in Aikido as a younger man.

On one hand I'm absurdly curious as to what style you practiced that lead to that... on the other, sometimes a bit of mystery is better in life. :P

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    People still on the fence about Ronin eh?
    Not on my watch!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Drake wrote: »
    Jeix wrote: »

Yeah, it's completely ridiculous. They are so bad at games too.

Now, now, be nice. There are special people who take two hours to watch 60 Minutes and we don't call them "bad at television news"...

<.<

>.>

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    People still on the fence about Ronin eh?
    Not on my watch!

I was actually kinda down on the game until I saw the Quick Look, when they mentioned my exact issues with the game and worked around them and had fun anyway.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Drovek wrote: »

On one hand I'm absurdly curious as to what style you practiced that lead to that... on the other, sometimes a bit of mystery is better in life. :P

@Drovek
    It was Yoseikan. And I was just very unlucky a few times =p.
    I don't know the name of the move from the event that always makes me think was the culprit. It's not a standard move in our curriculum and I believe they were trying it from a different style. But basically your get your legs swept into each other from the side and tori scoops your inner thigh and moves into the momentum to lift you up (your body ends up horizontal to the ground while still in midair) and then just straight drop you. Somehow my "fellas" ended up between tori's hand and my leg as he was lifting me up so my own body was crushing the more tender bits of my body.
    Awkward for him. Super painful for me.
    ...poor future Vamen Jr never stood a chance.
    Bad as it was at the time, it's for the best. I have so many silly medical issues I wouldn't want to pass them on to a child.

@cooljammer00 - Awesome, I'm glad you checked out the first look then! =)

vamen on
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    New Weekly Bundle:

Pay at least $1 for:
    • Trine 2 Complete Story
    • Lumino City
    • Hack & Slash
    BTA:
    • A City Sleeps
    • The Marvellous Miss Take
    Pay at least $12 for:
    • Gravity Ghost
    • Sunset

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »

@Drovek
    It was Yoseikan. And I was just very unlucky a few times =p.
    I don't know the name of the move from the event that always makes me think was the culprit. It's not a standard move in our curriculum and I believe they were trying it from a different style. But basically your get your legs swept into each other from the side and tori scoops your inner thigh and moves into the momentum to lift you up (your body ends up horizontal to the ground while still in midair) and then just straight drop you. Somehow my "fellas" ended up between tori's hand and my leg as he was lifting me up so my own body was crushing the more tender bits of my body.
    Awkward for him. Super painful for me.
    ...poor future Vamen Jr never stood a chance.

@cooljammer00 - Awesome, I'm glad you checked out the first look then! =)

@vamen
    Doing Iwama-Ryu here :P (well, it's not straight Iwaya-Ryu anymore, but the base pretty much is.)

ohhhh... hmmm, closest I could think of to your description would be aiki-otoshi. And that would be... a bit painful, yeah. :P

Nice to find other practitioners every now and then :D

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    All this talk about Tales of Symphonia reminds me that I had started playing Tales of Vesperia on Xbox about a year and a half ago, only to stop playing for some reason. I liked what I played, and I'd like to get back to it, but I'll probably have no idea where to go or how to play at this point. It's the first Tales game I've played.

And then I bought Tales of Symphonia on PSN on sale, which of course I still haven't played.

• Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    I just got back to my desk when what do I see?

b8MIify.png

@Vamen must have decided that anyone who wants Ronin should have Ronin. This is perfect as I'm going on a boring work trip soon and this looks like it would be a perfect option. Thank you very much.

Also, your story of sterility should not cause you to give up hope if you want kids. My father was told he couldn't have kids anymore either. Of course that was like a year ago and he's 70. But that didn't stop him. And lo and behold, my kids are going to have a new aunt or uncle. That they will possibly be able to babysit. Everything about this is SO weird.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Weekly Bundle:

Pay at least $1 for:
    • Trine 2 Complete Story
    • Lumino City
    • Hack & Slash
    BTA:
    • A City Sleeps
    • The Marvellous Miss Take
    Pay at least $1 for:
    • Gravity Ghost
    • Sunset

@HiT BiT , it's pay at least 12 bucks for Gravity Ghost and Sunset.

I had to remind myself what Sunset was. Oh, it's a Tale of Tales game. BTA it is.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Hey, Oceanhorn is the daily for $7.50!

Imma necro my recent post about it:
    Iolo wrote: »
    Woo - Oceanhorn complete!

It's not quite as charming as Zelda: Wind Waker. But that's a high, high bar that leaves plenty of room for goodness:

7pE6cAN.jpg

The various upgrades are fine and the puzzles are an expectedly satisfying mix of crate sliding, switch throwing and setting key things on fire. Door opening and chest revealing are as satisfying as always. The campaign came in at 12:08 for me after the credits roll, which was just about perfect. It's a game that doesn't overstay its welcome.

Thanks very much to @xiears who gave me Oceanhorn back in May. This may be a new landspeed record going from receiving a gift to not only playing it but completing it in less than a month (by one day!) This was a treat - thank you! <3

$7.50 is a good deal for 12ish hours of notZelda goodness. Go!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
This discussion has been closed.