TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Shabooty wrote: »
    "calibrate your soul" would be a good evangelical shtick

Sounds more scientology-ish.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Together we shall take A JOURNEY TO THE CENTRAL SUN.

and YISUN spoke and laughed in the negative third way, for a journey was being attempted. A journey to the impossible central place. The bottom of the topless tower. A journey to blot out the shadows of the Central Sun

Kill Six Billion Demons

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Monster-Pulse

T4peU6x.jpg

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    the faces on those wolves are... too human... it's bizarre

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Alpha and Omega is one of those rarities in the modern era of Hollywood animation: bad.

Not good-bad, like Showgirlsor The Expendables, movies that relish their pabulum.

This cartoon about a lovestruck pair of wolves is bad-bad, earnest enough to preach but not clever enough to keep adults entertained. Omega is as earnest as they come and features solid voice work and 3-D effects, but it's not likely to find an audience older than 6.

Unless, of course, you're the parent of the kid who wants to see the story of Humphrey (Justin Long) and Kate (Hayden Panettiere), two wolves in Canada's Jasper National Park who are sent to Idaho to mate. If you're uncertain about that theme for your child, wait until the wolves discuss joining forces to slaughter more caribou.

Weak screenplays are a rarity in animated film, which typically allows for years of rewrites while cartoonists flesh out the story.

But here's a typical joke between characters in Omega: "Why do they call this Rabbit Poo Mountain?" "Because this is where rabbits poo."

If you (or your toddler) laughed at that exchange, you're going to love Alpha and Omega.

If you're looking for something more layered, suggest a DVD. Long and Panettiere do a fine job hauling the film on their vocal cords, but there's so much standard fare in Omega it's hard to tell which movie they pilfered most. The wolves' faces look like a hybrid of Finding Nemo and those stop-motion Christmas specials of the '60s. There's a stampede scene that looks an awful lot like the one that killed Mufasa in The Lion King. The 3-D is serviceable, but it's invasive, not immersive: most shots are claws and fur flying from the screen.

Ultimately, the bland script neuters the story. There are child-safe messages here about accepting outsiders and measuring self-worth, but nothing you won't find in an after-school special.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2015-07-06-hold.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Guys I love One Punch Man so much

• Options
    what is that expression

it's creeping me a little

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Space is the Place

L8vTN5w.png

what's the prize after this one

Seriously on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    4eyNamw.jpg
    At least the beast has a very helpful bull's-eye mark on its flank. Unless it's a decoy!

Today I just have to let you guys know of a webcomic fundraiser that's going on right now, and that fundraiser is for this comic:
    lgEgJwB.jpg
    And it is an absolutely terrific comic, which you should all go read right now! Seriously, that artwork of Bachan is truly something else, so is the writing of @maritzac, and together they form something that's simply drool-worthy.
    Yu0MdBv.jpg

A Redtail's Dream

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    a mysterious conversation
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    04.jpg
    05.jpg
    06.jpg
    07.jpg
    08.jpg
    09.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    New Band Vs. Band, all about safety.
    QZpAIyg.jpg

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think I need to track down the OPM manga thats being published. I like the comic but it would be even better to see it with cool art.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    Space is the Place

L8vTN5w.png

Well, he's not wrong

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    Space is the Place

L8vTN5w.png

heehee

Tuuaaan liiiikes loooottiiiieeee

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    200-margin1.jpg

Judecca contains flagrant nudity.

Lalabox on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Big baby guy is the worst.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    clearly "TH" secretly stands for "the hulk"

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I think I need to track down the OPM manga thats being published. I like the comic but it would be even better to see it with cool art.

hello

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    praying mantises have five eyes

that aberration against god and nature is physiognomically inaccurate

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh hey

The only thing stopping me from reading OPM is that the art is so dang rough and messy and not super great

Those digital "remastered" collections are exactly what I need, just bought the first one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    00001536.jpg
    Flame on, kinda.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ton In The Sun

2015-07-06-Ton-In-The-Sun.jpg
    I would take vitamin supplements, but my body rejects them violently due to physical abhorrence of proper nutrition. I've tried hiding them in my midnight snack only to awaken to a sloppy pill stuck to my face, greeting me in the morning mirror as a trophy of my body's triumph against health.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    00001536.jpg
    Flame on, kinda.

Compartmentalization to the extreme?

• Options
    that is not a happy face

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

Today I just have to let you guys know of a webcomic fundraiser that's going on right now, and that fundraiser is for this comic:
    lgEgJwB.jpg
    And it is an absolutely terrific comic, which you should all go read right now! Seriously, that artwork of Bachan is truly something else, so is the writing of @maritzac, and together they form something that's simply drool-worthy.

A Redtail's Dream[/quote]

Oh man, I had no idea they had recommended us back then. ♥♥♥♥

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    allegedly johnny hart converted to christianity because he got satellite TV and the installation guy left his tv on a televangelist network and told him it had to stay on that channel for 4 hours while the dish got callibrated and he was brought to god by watching preachers on tv for 4 hours and then made his comic be about jesus
    I am nauseated by this thought because my grandfather is the sort of preacher that stopped pimps from beating their women to death.

Can we just.....restart Christianity?

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    just gotta figure out what buttons to hold for a soft reset

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    00001536.jpg
    Flame on, kinda.

Huh.

So I guess Annie is just way more passive with the fire spirit separated from her, and also her fire spirit is sort of.. intangible and unable to interact with things.

I wonder if this is an incomplete version of what he was trying to do.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    sotr20150630.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    I guess Annie's just holding her mask up real well. I dunno, overall I think this is positive. I would hate to think her adoration for her father had given her Stockholm's syndrome. Now we can see she just hates everything, just like she should.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2015
    maritzac wrote: »
    Thetheroo wrote: »

lgEgJwB.jpg

A Redtail's Dream

Oh man, I had no idea they had recommended us back then. ♥♥♥♥

that post looks like a saved draft snuck in

needless to say this thread is full of your and bachan's fans

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    It was in the newspost for that day's aRTD: http://www.minnasundberg.fi/comic/page209.php

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Poor fire spirit

it's too bad you...
    can't touch this
    Y5ixcxL.gif

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    I'm thinking Annie did this in an attempt to remain functional while her dad's around.

Like, people seem to keep commenting that she has a 'fire' in her that makes her wild, and the Court people have regularly told her to get that 'wildness' under control. Her father clearly doesn't value that aspect of Annie at all.

So Annie has a worse and worse time supressing such a huge aspect of her personality and thinks, 'Hey, Coyote said Faries are born with their spirits separated from their bodies. And he gave me this super sharp knife.'

Because Fire Annie isn't attacking Human Annie. It's attacking her desk and books. And we know how much she hates homework.

Creagan on
This discussion has been closed.